Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State (948 Views)

Rabiu Kwankwaso Declares For 2015 Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2013
Kano State Governor, Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwaso, Monday opened up on the intrigues which resulted in the emergence of two governors as chairmen of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), stating that it was a battle for supremacy and a game in which supporters of the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Chibuike Amaechi, outsmarted supporters of his Plateau State counterpart, Jonah Jang.

Kwankwaso who made this disclosure yesterday while addressing journalists at Kano House in Abuja, said the election was a forum through which the group of 19 governors who voted for Amaechi, proved to their opponents that they were still at the elementary level of politics.

Kwankwaso’s admission was made just as the Jang-led faction of the NGF held its inaugural meeting in Abuja yesterday to arrive at a position on the outstanding funds due to the states and local governments from the Federation Account.

According to the Kano State governor, those among them who supported Amaechi detested the idea of someone attempting to choose their leader, revealing further that he nominated Jang and asked the Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam, to support him only with the intention of satisfying the search for a compromise candidate by the group of 16 governors.

He said they decided to re-elect Amaechi because he had shown that he had the capacity to lead the forum and possessed the ability to galvanise their interests, a task which he said they didn’t believe Jang could do.
He also boasted that if another election were to be conducted today, Amaechi would still win comfortably.

He further admitted that he bluntly told the governor of Katsina State, Alhaji Shehu Shema, that he would never vote for him at the election because he never told him (Kwankwaso) that he was running for the chairmanship of the forum.

“I told Shema that I was terribly disappointed in him. I told him, ‘you are my brother and friend and you never told me that you are contesting.’ I told him that I would never vote for him and that I was sure that he would lose the election,” he revealed.

Kwankwaso added: “It was a game and we were trying to prove to them that nobody could shave our heads in our absence. That was why we proved to them that they were still at the elementary level of politics.

“We were not expecting anybody to choose for us. What we did in the Nigeria Governors’ Forum was that when we realised that we would not get Shema or Isa (Yuguda) elected, we decided to give them their chairman.
“I nominated Jang and asked Suswam to support him. We gave them who should lead the minority group.

“If another election is held today or tomorrow, Amaechi will get more than 19 votes because all of us who voted for him are much more determined to support him now. Amaechi is a good man and he has our support.”

Kwankwaso, who said the leadership of Amaechi of the forum was beneficial to all of them, said he was ashamed of the governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio, whom he said needed to learn how to talk.
According to him, given his position as the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum (PDP-GF), Akpabio’s comments was not befitting of his office, adding, “I think he should better keep quiet.”

He warned his counterparts in the Northern Governors’ Forum who have pulled out of the forum to have a rethink, ominously forewarning that if they failed to retrace their steps, neither the governors nor their candidates can secure future elections in the north.

“I don’t see how any of them or their candidates can win any election in the north again if they are not in Northern Governors’ Forum,” he said.
Kwankwaso also warned against the gale of suspensions in the PDP, saying if the trend is not checked, many options are available to people being suspended, a situation which he said would be counter-productive for the party.

He added that he had warned his colleagues against lack of transparency during the NGF election, stating: “I began to say that if we don’t have democracy in the governors’ forum, I wonder where we will have it.”
Also on a Facebook posting by his Director of Press, Halilu Baba Dantiye, Kwankwaso indicated his unwavering support for Amaechi.

He was quoted as saying Amaechi won the NGF election with the support of people like him.

Kwankwaso boasted: “Many of us joined politics before PDP. I was deputy speaker under SDP. We were in politics before many of them joined and the fact must be recognised and appreciated. We are field marshals.
“We are Kwankwasiyya (a movement named after Kwankwaso). We tell the truth and stand by it. We stand by the truth, justice and our country.”
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by dulaman: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
First of all. This is getting interesting
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 18, 2013
“If another election is held today or tomorrow, Amaechi will get more than 19 votes because all of us who voted for him are much more determined to support him now. Amaechi is a good man and he has our support.”

God bless you.
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2013
Elementary level of politics indeed. When Ibrahim Shakarua booted you out of your office and seat in 2003, were you at what level then?
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by Sec5(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2013
This beautiful post of yours has no source! Its a pity
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by Delafruita(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2013
chidindufrank: Elementary level of politics indeed. When Ibrahim Shakarua booted you out of your office and seat in 2003, were you at what level then?
shows his brilliance that he was booted out,still cornered the position of minister of defence and eight years later got back the governorship
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 18, 2013
Sec5: This beautiful post of yours has no source! Its a pity
[quote author=Sec5]This beautiful post of yours has no source!

Sorry, it was culled from ThisDay's website.
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by abbakacici: 11:17am On Jun 18, 2013
If nigerian will vote like this in the future where we vote for the best peron in respect of his tribe or religion just like kwankwaso and the rest did. In fews years we will start improve
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by miqos02(m): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2013
chidindufrank: Elementary level of politics indeed. When Ibrahim Shakarua booted you out of your office and seat in 2003, were you at what level then?
but he is back as gov now, it shows he is a fighter
Re: How We Snookered Jang - Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Kano State by Omen100(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2013

you think & talk like a child in the same class with those elementary politicians, I pity your parent who wasted their hard earned resources to see you through your various learning process & still remain as r3tarded as chromosome.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Confession Of Shina Rambo / John Fashanu For President? / Anambra North Rejects Willie Obianor’s ‘imposition’ By Gov. Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.