Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:22 PM

Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! (1705 Views)

Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses / Femi Aribisala: Buhari Is A Ticking Time Bomb With A Dangerous Agenda / Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by future001: 8:04am On May 09, 2008
These BRT buses (city transport buses) were introduced in Lagos just about a year ago to ease the challenges of commuting. The whole thing was over hyped and praised as a lasting solution to lagos transportation challenges. But in less than one year, these buses are reducing to the normal molue: No head lights. As u can see no windscreens.

Does it mean that no project can ever work in this country?

Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by YangaRat: 8:58am On May 09, 2008
That pillow chair fine pass the one when dey my parlour o, why una come dey complain ?

Abi you want make them get Oyibo Road Hostess when go dey smile and serve passenger them with wine and champagne for inside molue for Lagos ?

People for my village dey here dey DREAM of how as them go one day wear 50-naira suit and tie and den make yanga enter that BRT bus for Lagos, BUT na so Lagos people come dey complain again say the bus no fine reach for them Londoner Americana taste. 

Why them no kukuma go tanda for ya London now ?   Abi na by force them dey live for Lagos ?
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by oYaTo(m): 9:09am On May 09, 2008
I see nuthin' wrong with these pics.

The last pic, maybe na u throw empty bottle just quickly snap picture grin
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by SkyBlue1: 9:24am On May 09, 2008
I also see nothing wrong with these pics. Is it the trash you want people to look at?  That happens everywhere, now if it had been there for a couple of days then you could raise an issue. But to snap picture of bottle on the ground that someone might have just thrown on the floor and say that means BRT is a time bomb, that i find quite amusing. No windscreens? You sure the window wasn't just open? LOL. Also, i don't remember anyone ever saying BRT was the lasting solution, please feel free to post and correct me or prove me wrong. If i remember correctly it is part of the solution which would also include water transport (modern boats and jetties etc) and plans for train sevices which would all form an integrated transport system. Also, there are plans to get 300 more new BRT buses by next year. All this information is not hard to come by, just do some research. Unless i am missing something, i still don't see what is wrong with the BRT scheme which is expanding to include newer routes?
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by future001: 9:36am On May 09, 2008
Well I see everything wrong. It is raining and this bus doesn't have louvres or they are broken or stolen. The bus was completely drained and the passengers wet. Those chairs were vacated. The floor of the bus was flooded. It is supposed to be a new bus!
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by SkyBlue1: 9:42am On May 09, 2008
Do you know if all the BRT buses in lagos are like this? So this is the BRT Timebomb? Sorry, still find it quite amusing. If i recall there is a maintenance facility built for all the BRT buses. Now if you happen to enter that same bus again in maybe a week later and the louvres are still missing and nothing has been done to address it then to me that "might" become a valid arguement for a problem with the maintenance guys in the store facilities. But to say BRT is doomed because of a few missing louvres in one of the buses? LOL. Why didn't you take pictures of the whole bus including the back? Not just picture of water and a plastic bottle on the ground?
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by oYaTo(m): 9:54am On May 09, 2008
Sky Blue:

Do you know if all the BRT buses in lagos are like this? So this is the BRT Timebomb? Sorry, still find it quite amusing. If i recall there is a maintenance facility built for all the BRT buses. Now if you happen to enter that same bus again in maybe a week later and the louvres are still missing and nothing has been done to address it then to me that "might" become a valid arguement for a problem with the maintenance guys in the store facilities. But to say BRT is doomed because of a few missing louvres in one of the buses? LOL. Why didn't you take pictures of the whole bus including the back? Not just picture of water and a plastic bottle on the ground?

Thank u my brotha. u talk am wella
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by future001: 9:57am On May 09, 2008
Initially, when these buses became operational, basically all of them had radio and cd player. Now you can hardly find one with a functional radio. Most of them have the rear or front light broken or not working. These buses have just been on the road for some few months.

Well if this trend continues, its definitely a time bomb because they will be a greater mess than molue.
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by YangaRat: 10:01am On May 09, 2008
No be by force dem dey enter bus, Oga

Ride that ya bicycle, or enter okada, Oga, but no forget to wear ya 50-naira suit and tie as e be say you be GRAMMAR MAN when no like to take eye see broken window for inside bus.

Monkey no fine but him mama love am.
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by SkyBlue1: 10:05am On May 09, 2008
They had radio and CD player? Really? So anyone could get on with their cd and put it on? LOL, come on. So did you ask the driver who i suspect would be in charge of this why the radio was not on or did you just assume it was not working? Again, if you keep on going on about this one bus you entered then i am sorry but i am far from being convinced. This is all just (to me anyway) very trivial stuff. I hope the maintenance facilities on the bus depots are handling ther job, but i am still far from convinced that there is any viable arguement to postulate that the BRT is a disaster. Far from it, i think it is somewhat a sucess in its own right that just needs to be maintained and expanded and then supported by the likes of other transport types like Rail and water. Now if i come into your compound and i take a picture of an empty can on the floor, is it then fair for me to come to the conclusion based on that, that your whole house and area is filthy? If you say the BRT is a disaster please show more evidence and provide more details and show more than 1 bus out of over 100.
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by future001: 10:06am On May 09, 2008
grin grin grin. I fell you!
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by HRhotness(f): 10:14am On May 09, 2008
heyyy,,, u guys r ruining it for me, was actully lookin foward 2 riding on one,,,lol  grin

seriously tho, that window looked open rather than broken to me
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by Jamco45: 10:23am On May 09, 2008
The problem is not the project, the contractor or the government. The problem is we Nigerians. When we change our mentality things will start changing. Why didn’t you close the window when it started raining? Are you telling me the driver does not have a windscreen wiper, do you also expect a wiper on the side window? We are always very quick to report faults in everything. The government is trying (Lagos state that is). Everyone is always fighting for their own pocket and forgetting whatever they do will comeback to them.
Cables get stolen from electricity projects, aluminum gets stolen from bridges, and managers of the new bus company try to make their side money by not declaring the money made to the government. Who are this managers, maintenance department and people that steal; it’s you and I the ordinary people. We cannot keep blaming the government for everything. I think we probably need a government that will treat us like kids, the Buhari and Idiagbon regime where you get punished severely for disobeying aspect of the law.
It very difficult to change the mentality of the ordinary person in Naija but each person can do their little bit to make a difference.
Most people on the forum will do worse than the present government if giving the change to govern. I think we should stop criticizing and complaining about everything and do the little bit we can to help. We all know Naija is as bad as it can get but so long as we still love our country and we want to leave there or go back home some day then we all need to be positive and support the government. Let’s make positive noise when there is need to. LET’S JUST TO OUR BIT.
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by future001: 10:35am On May 09, 2008
The window is missing thats why part of the bus was vacated and the passengers wet.

I am not against good and funtional projects but I have to contest hastily managed projects. Our govt has a nasty habit of abondoning projects midway after wasting millions initiating it.
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by YangaRat: 10:46am On May 09, 2008
Look at all these grammar people as them dey shout like panel of experts when nogo agree on any one point till tomorow.

Make I ask una one simple question to take close this bus agrument.

If den no open the bus window, na for where man pikin go see to piss for inside bus ?

Foorish people.
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by oYaTo(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2008
@future001  

dude quit talkin' about this one bus! carry evidence of neglect of otha buses come then maybe u'd have a point.

until then, find sumtin else to do.

shé o ti gbó?
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by Jamco45: 10:47am On May 09, 2008
Who is the government? Ghanians? Togolese? Whitemen? We are the government.
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by otokx(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2008
Why do some people lie?
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by angel101(f): 4:48pm On May 10, 2008
I dont see any wet people in the pics. the bus looks like any other to me. the poster said the windscreen was broken but i dont see a windscreen in the pics.
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by oYaTo(m): 4:53pm On May 10, 2008
na so we dey try tell am, ma sistah
Re: Brt Buses: A Time Bomb! by TLolive: 2:03am On May 17, 2008
the bus looks fine to me. like any other public transportation undecided

if truly the window was missing, you should inform the driver so he can tell the authority to fix it.
other than that, it's fine.
please, pick up the bottle and trash it if it annoys you so. As Nigerian citizens, it is our duty and responsibility to change our country, and keep it clean. lol

(1) (Reply)

Ndlea Arrests Two Igbo Drug Dealers Recovers N81m Worth Of Cocaine / NTA 8.5b Contract: Is Prof Dora Akunyuli Corrupt Or Simply Dumb? / Lagos To Buy Old Trains From Toronto, Are They Safe Enough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.