Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State (22245 Views)

Video Of Ex-Commissioner In Zamfara Having Sex Goes Viral / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Gusau, Zamfara State (Photos) / APC & PDP Thugs Clash In Zamfara (Very Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by georgecso(m): 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Report from kizara, Tsafe LGA indicates that some unknown gun men killed over 40 people including the district head and local imam....
more details later..

source: bbchausa.com

Clerics, Village Head among victims
Gunmen yesterday raided a village in Zamfara State and killed at least 48 people including the district head, chief imam and the local vigilante leader.

The attack in Kizara village of Tsafe local government area started at about 4am and lasted for more than five hours, residents told a Daily Trust reporter who visited the area soon after the incident.
Witnesses said dozens of unidentified gunmen arrived on motorbikes, and laid siege on the village, firing at residents.

Some of the gunmen climbed a hill behind the village and shot at people trying to escape the attack as well as those trying to come in to help from neighbouring villages.

The gunmen also went house-to-house, shooting men dead. They told residents that they were looking for vigilante members who they said were threatening them for a long time.

During the attack, chief imam of the village, his deputy and three of his disciples were killed. Also shot dead were 11 people who came in from neighbouring villages to offer help.

The gunmen also set fire to many houses and shops before they fled the village around 9 am.
Residents said the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Keta division engaged the attackers in a shootout for hours but he was overwhelmed and had to retreat.

Alhaji Ali Hakimi, who survived the attack, gave an account of the incident to our reporter: “I woke up in the morning to get my children set for work on my farm. I suddenly started to hear gun shots. I listened attentively and I realized that sounds of the gun shots were coming directly behind me.

“I then sensed trouble and quickly run into my house. I saw one of my children standing at the compound and I told him to hide himself in a room close to mine but before he did that they came and shot him dead.”

Another resident, Idi Namarake, told Daily Trust that when he heard the gunshots, his wife advised him to hide under the bed, and soon after the gunmen forced their way into the room. They asked the wife where her husband was and she told them he had travelled. “That was how I escaped being killed,” he said.

The attack in Kizara came just two days after the security agents stationed at the village were withdrawn.
State police commissioner Mr Akila Usman Gwary confirmed the attack, saying the police would leave no stone unturned in bringing the perpetrators to justice.
This was the deadliest in the series of bandit attacks on villages in Zamfara State over the past two years.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/57250-gunmen-kill-48-in-zamfara
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by kkkp: 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hmmm nt gud at all
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by dulphines: 9:55am On Jun 19, 2013
When will all this kill kill story end in Nigeria?
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 19, 2013
Only state police would solve this problem, let
the federal government concentrate on
intelligence while the state run their own
security. How do you expect the IG of police at
Abuja to monitor activities in some village in
zamfara, Ekiti, or ebonyi.
If the state govt wants to use it as political too,
how is that my business, it not like I benefit
anything from them politically. All am
concerned about is the defence of the
defenceless.

6 Likes

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by verbes123: 9:56am On Jun 19, 2013
Nigeria and so many violent deaths. God help us.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by olaiya2007(m): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2013
Where are we going in this country
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Janiobi(m): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2013
Chineke, watin the people do naa, they tell u say them won die? Stupid gun men...
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by kambah(m): 10:01am On Jun 19, 2013
verbes123: Nigeria and so many violent deaths. God help us.

Zamfara for the past 5years or so had been under
Threat of hoodlums either robberies,kidnapping, etc

1 Like

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Lilprincey(m): 10:02am On Jun 19, 2013
am feeling for those people being killed. Signs of end times
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by ugotheman(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2013
GOD SAVE OUR NATION...!!!!
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 19, 2013
Come o are we having a dead president or what. Later people will say its because dey don't want him to be president. What has GEJ done since he came into power? He has only helped d elites. See how politicans steal money dis days and say its witch hunt. Shebi white people no like obama dint obama kill osama nd made himself useful. Nd I knw some idiots will still vote for gej in 2015. Dis country is messed up. If there is no security in a country then the country is useless. See has people just dey die like flies

4 Likes

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 19, 2013
The police engaged them in gun fight,got overwhelmed and had to retreat. This people always complain of running out of bullet
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by morenath(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2013
With a sobber hearth I appeal to anybody dat knows about dis killings to withdraw because dis blood shed is too much and unbearable.............pls and pls because God's wrath is near!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by searay(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2013
Next
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by DrSadikMagaji(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2013
Yaa arrahman Yaa arrahim..Allah put end to this tragedy happening in mmy dear country,and this only happens to poor people who were mostly helpless,armless and very poor.

3 Likes

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by sunny63(m): 10:07am On Jun 19, 2013
Bokoharam becarful ur cup will soon full.All dis fanatics politician allow GEJ 2 enjoy his administation.''D man dt truncate democracy becarful"I dnt want 2 call name bt we knw him shaa
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by maanma: 10:08am On Jun 19, 2013
Terrible things are happening in this country everyday. May God deliver this country. RIP to the dead
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 19, 2013
The attack in Kizara came just two days
after the security agents stationed at the
village were withdrawn.
State police commissioner Mr Akila Usman
Gwary confirmed the attack, saying the
police would leave no stone unturned in
bringing the perpetrators to justice.
This was the deadliest in the series of
bandit attacks on villages in Zamfara State
over the past two years.

Why were the security operatives withdrawn in the first place?

Our policemen/women are too relaxed.

Shout out to the IG of police, we need police posts in all nooks and crannies of the country be it villages, harmlets, towns etc...

Or is that impossible for you to do?

1 Like

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by sylve11: 10:09am On Jun 19, 2013
Obiagelli: Only state police would solve this problem, let
defenceless.

Madam, not so. IG of police gives order and it will be so wether he is in planet uranus or not. Curbing crimes like this doesnt last too long b4 another crime sets in. I still maintain that for peace to rain, there must be sacrifices. cool
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 19, 2013
Obiagelli: Only state police would solve this problem, let
defenceless.
I am beginning to suspect those governors advocating state police. Hope this is not a game to achieve their aim or is it the return of the runaway uncircumsized bokoharam abokis
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Wahala90: 10:09am On Jun 19, 2013
Hey! Come join the debate: Would You Beat Your Wife If She Beats Your Mother Mercilessly? Click Here!
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 19, 2013
kambah:

Zamfara for the past 5years or so had been under
Threat of hoodlums either robberies,kidnapping, etc
What are you saying? They are killed for giving information about the boko boys

1 Like

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2013
sylve11:

Madam, not so. IG of police gives order and it will be so wether he is in planet uranus or not. Curbing crimes like this doesnt last too long b4 another crime sets in. I still maintain that for peace to rain, there must be sacrifices. cool
"peace to reign" and not rain. Don't attack me, just correct your mistake afterall we learn everyday wink
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by frodobee: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2013
May the souls of these hapless Nigerians rest in peace. Amen.
For the evil men, may they never know peace, may their days be spent in sorrow, for what they sow they shall reap.
For our politicians, may they learn that power comes from God. Arming of youths and militia to usurp power always leads to events of this nature. Let them and their faithfuls- e warriors and foot soldiers- rethink their steps.
Above all, peace and only peace borne out of understanding and tolerance, is the key to a rapid development and secure future which we seek for my/ourselves and our children unborn.

1 Like

Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Josephinenick: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2013
[email][/email][/color][color=#000099][/color][color=]
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Goddex: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2013
That town hosts the NYSC orientation camp in Zamfara state. I pray for the safety of all the corps members there.

But, seriously why are only APC states on fire?
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 19, 2013
this country sef...evrybody dey do wetin hm feel like, naso so kill dem jst dey kill innocent ppl...God help us
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Josephinenick: 10:13am On Jun 19, 2013
D rate of innocent killings in Nigeria is much, most nigerians has no respect 4 life, but one tin i believe is dis, no sin will go unpunished.D rate of innocent killings in Nigeria is much, most nigerians has no respect 4 life, but one tin i believe is dis, no sin will go unpunished.D rate of innocent killings in Nigeria is much, most nigerians has no respect 4 life, but one tin i believe is dis, no sin will go unpunished.
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by humblesteve(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2013
Too Bad
Re: Over 40 People Killed In Zamfara State by Wahala90: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2013
Come join the debate: Would You Beat Your Wife If She Beats Your Mother Mercilessly? Click Here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Gemade Wins APC Senatorial Primary Few Hours After Decamping From PDP / Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech / Adams Oshiomhole And Iara's Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.