Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have (1129 Views)

How To Submit A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools / Advance And Free Webmaster Tools / Review My Blog, Site And Webmaster Tools Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hi Guys its been a long time since i have posted anything here, however just wanted to add to this place especially since contents in webmaster are usually rare. today i will be mentioning some awesome tools worth having on your system for web development, most of these are geared towards PHP,JavaScript(NodeJS/ Client Side JS). please feel free to contribute thanx, this will be updated from time to time
Re: Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
1 Composer: Dependency Manager for PHP
As a PHP/Object Oriented Developer there comes a time when in your project you are plain sick of re-inventing the wheel, why should i have to create a Admin Module or a Mail Dispatcher module, well you shouldn't unless you have specific core needs, today's frameworks e.g Yii,Zend 2,Laravel,Symphony ensures that all extensions are self contained Modular, you can easily pick a module that fits into any framework, Python guys got their PIP, NodeJS developers have their NPM, Asp.net got their Nuget, well for PHP we got composer a Dependency manager, i have used this in my project and trust me it is superb simply go to packagist and look for a library you need and simply add the package name to composer and it will fetch all dependencies that the library needs and you are good to go, this is a must have for advanced PHP.

http://getcomposer.org/
Re: Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
2. Sublime Text Editor

They say no one can mess with chuck Norris, while this is the chuck norris of all text editors, a lot of nairalanders use this text editor especially "omo_to_dun", Sublime text editor is not only free but extremely power packed, it is built with python, with the wbond package manager Sublime can run C++,Python,PHP,NodeJS, even some Javascript Rhino libraries on console, it has extensions my favourite extensions are the PHPunit,Git,PHPCodeCoverage (checks PHP syntax), PHPDoc, it practically covers almost any language, it can quickly navigate to methods and the number of snippets available is unspeakable, personally though Sublime outshines on the Linux platform, it is equally good on the Windows platform as well, and you can easily create your build system using their documentation here is an example of how i run PHP in CLI Mode rather CGI, it is an awesome tool.

Windows User:http://www.sublimetext.com/2

Linux PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/sublime-text-2
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sublime-text

//Obviously am assuming Linux users know how to use the apt command

Re: Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have by mashnino(m): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
I fux with sublime everyday...
Re: Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
3. Google Canary

If you have used Firebug, you would know how Firebug is awesome and quite neccessary for JavaScript Development, however with Google Canary it goes a step further, it allows you to local edit and save JavaScript files, best part you can debug on the fly and monitor objects, JavaScript is quite complex because objects in Closures are not available however both Firebug and Canary can now inspect Closures allowing you to see what functions are still be referenced to. Google Canary is still Google Chrome but for Web Developers, it has pretty print for minified scripts, also you can code in Less and it compiles into CSS, however I do not use such yet, but the Google Canary is a must have for any serious JavaScript Jquery Developer

Link:https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/canary.html

Not for Linux Users
Re: Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have by mitey(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2013
@OP Great collection you have here. I am a Firebug Addict cool , but I guess I'll look into Canary.

Also, please add links to your posts so that we won't need to Google them up.

Thanks.
Re: Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
mitey: @OP Great collection you have here. I am a Firebug Addict cool , but I guess I'll look into Canary.

Also, please add links to your posts so that we won't need to Google them up.

Thanks.

Will do that soon
Re: Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2013
Snippely is a basic text and code organizational tool. Instead of storing bits of code, quick notes, and memos in text files all over your hard drive, this application will let you save and organize "snippets" in one convenient location. A snippet is a collection of one or more pieces of code and notes. Snippets are stored in groups for organization and quick retrieval.

A snippet is composed of a title, description, and one or more 'snips'. You can add any number of note and code snips in a variety of different languages (more to be added). When not being edited, the snip will be syntax highlighted according to the language selected. Snips are also sortable so you can organize your snippet however you want. Since everything is saved to a local database as you work, there's no need to worry about pressing the save button or submitting a form.

https://code.google.com/p/snippely/downloads/list

(Not sure Linux supports Snippely haven't seen anything for Linux Yet that is good and free)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Voguepay? / Best Choice Web Hosting / Non Hosted Naija Adsense With $25 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.