Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé (2282 Views)

Her Lover Of Over Four Years Just Broke Up With Her; Please Advise Her / 3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? / My Girlfriend Is 4 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Iyandasdiary(m): 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
Dear Readers,

I'm four years Older than my Fiance

Age is nothing but a number, hmmm how true?

I met Soji barely two years now, and the chemistry in class was really obvious. Apart from the fact that we were the best students in class, we also liked similar things, and naturally we bonded.

For a year, we went about as friends and reading partners, but along the line we fell in love and we started dating officially.

As things got serious and we began sharing some more intimate and personal things I got to know that I am four years older than my fiancé.

Wow, how come I never remembered to discuss this issue in the beginning? Was I blinded by my emotions?

My fear is this, if I get married to him and all the stress of motherhood comes in, and my body begins to look down, he wouldn’t find me attractive anymore, and would begin to look out, which of course I wouldn’t want.I am also worried about what his family would say when they find out i am four good years older than him.

But I love him and he doesn’t care, what should I do?

Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by haitto99(m): 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
age is a number,maturity is in d mind,if d guy see no big deal n truely loves u den u gat no prob
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by obua: 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
Eat right,exercise right and you will be okay
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by k2039: 11:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
Age is a number, but it does count ultimately. If she has fears about the age difference, then it will only be stupi.d of her to still go ahead and even more stupi.d when her fears begin to manifest.
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by 190: 11:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
im 6yrs older than my fiancee (Flytefallz and kalis) angry
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by braine(m): 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
My sister, theres nothing wrong with it. So far he has no issues with that, I guess you two are good to go.
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Mynd44: 12:01am On Jun 19, 2013
If you love one another, the age is negligible
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by k2039: 12:06am On Jun 19, 2013
braine: My sister, theres nothing wrong with it. So far he has no issues with that, I guess you two are good to go.
Which doesn't necessarily mean he won't have issues with it later in the future.
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Nobody: 3:43am On Jun 19, 2013
k2039:
Which doesn't necessarily mean he won't have issues with it later in the future.

This is bullshit.. If he has NO issue with it at the start then he needs to stand with it throughout. If the issue will come up later then that means there is already an issue with it.
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by k2039: 7:10am On Jun 19, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

This is bullshit.. If he has NO issue with it at the start then he needs to stand with it throughout. If the issue will come up later then that means there is already an issue with it.

Goofball, for your small mind, you have spoken well abi. Mtchew.

People are always blind initially when they are in love, but I can assure you that after their first major disagreement the guys eye will be clear and opened, then you will know people do change and that the age factor which wasn't a big issue earlier will become a big issue later.

Op, me I warn you o, since you are afraid that he may cheat on you when your body begins to wear out, then I advise you just save yourself unnecessary pain, though that doesn't necessarily mean marrying someone who is older will guarantee that he will not cheat on you.

But trust me, four good years isn't beans.
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2013
k2039: Goofball, for your small mind, you have spoken well abi. Mtchew.

Sharrap angry
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 19, 2013
I am disappointed and utmostly outraged by the kind of myopic n parochial comments I cee here 4rm presumably enlightned youths to say d least.
1st I don't understand why age should be a focal or pivotal point in an issue of relationship, n 4 d OP to be busy thinking with time she 'll b looking older is pathetic, with d recent health enlightenements dat abounds den dat shouldn't be a worry, n I'll ask u OP, haven't U seen men 10-15yrs older dan der spouse dat still go on cheating spray,some months in2 marriage? U should know dat cheating in marriage is nvr an issue of age buh rather an issue of d man in question n his moral encumbrances, compatibility n respect in marriage has nvr n will nvr be an issue of age buh rather an issue of understanding!!!
N If both of U have dat, den ur way is bright!!! N its worthy of note, no marriage is 100 pacent blissful, it is rather filled wt little tides n adversaries dat with understanding n self respect u can overcome hands in hands...

1 Like

Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Princesszoe: 8:43am On Jun 19, 2013
@op you think that because you are older than him, if it happens that your body starts changing after pregnancy, he will cheat on you? You mean being adulterous in marriage is aged based? Or haven't you seen a man who is 15years older than his wife yet cheat on her? Haven't you seen a woman who has nice body and shape yet the husband has slept with a woman outside? What you need to look out for in a man especially when you want to marry a faithful man is FEAR OF GOD. Such a man can never cheat you talk more of even doing so because of changes in your body build up. Additional to fear of God are 3 sisters from one mother which are :determination; discipline; and strong moral principle. There are men and women who have these traits so seek for one of them. Above all, seek God to direct you.
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Exponental(m): 8:57am On Jun 19, 2013
There is a price to pay for every success/ achievement. Follow ur heart......
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Oohrhii(m): 9:06am On Jun 19, 2013
Iyandasdiary: Dear Readers,

But I love him and he doesn’t care, what should I do?

Just Un-love him...

What is the essence of starting something that wont end happily!
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by buklan4realyah(f): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2013
Raymondenyi: I am disappointed and utmostly outraged by the kind of myopic n parochial comments I cee here 4rm presumably enlightned youths to say d least.
1st I don't understand why age should be a focal or pivotal point in an issue of relationship, n 4 d OP to be busy thinking with time she 'll b looking older is pathetic, with d recent health enlightenements dat abounds den dat shouldn't be a worry, n I'll ask u OP, haven't U seen men 10-15yrs older dan der spouse dat still go on cheating spray,some months in2 marriage? U should know dat cheating in marriage is nvr an issue of age buh rather an issue of d man in question n his moral encumbrances, compatibility n respect in marriage has nvr n will nvr be an issue of age buh rather an issue of understanding!!!
N If both of U have dat, den ur way is bright!!! N its worthy of note, no marriage is 100 pacent blissful, it is rather filled wt little tides n adversaries dat with understanding n self respect u can overcome hands in hands...

FALL INLOVE WITH UR COMMENT!!! KI IT UP
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

FALL INLOVE WITH UR COMMENT!!! KI IT UP
Tnx ma dear, I really don't know why our youths usually hv a very wrong perception or should I say conception about life events. All dame tnx 1ce more

N If I may ask, are u d one on ur profile pic? U really look very cute! Kip it up too smiley
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2013
Four years,there's no big deal in it and moreover age is just a number.
Maturity matters..........
Re: I'm Four Years Older Than My Fiancé by ichema4u(m): 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
i really need to knw more about this o...
my case we r both age mates...

(1) (Reply)

Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? / Is It A Yes, When She Said Let's Be Friends First. / Ugly Girls Vs Pretty Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.