Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? (1890 Views)

What can you do or say to show appreciation to your spouse/significant other? / What Would You Like For Christmas from your significant other / How Supportive Was Your Significant Other While You Were Pregnant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by damiso(f): 8:41am On Jun 19, 2013
I am not too sure if such a thread exists but thought to create a bit of cheeky laughter rather than all this serious serious threads we have grin grin grin grin.

Ok il go first:
All my clothes were bought two summers ago.'Uhmm madam I thought you said you were broke, I like this your new dress o'.Me:'This dress, oh its old I bought it two summers ago I just never wore it" tongue tongue tongue grin.

All my shoes and bags were bought on sale. (I wonder why I have to lie sef his clothes are more expensive than mine.Ok he shops less often).

Aunty A bought this tops for bebe and bobo (another outing excursion that ended in me buying more clothes when we have decided they dont need more clothes). cheesy

My husband has this weird thing about food that has been frozen for over 4 weeks.Unknown to him yesterday he ate efo that that had been in the freezer since april.He sat there licking his fingers "this soup is nice when did you get time to make another soup.Thanks babes" winkDont ask dont tell tongue

So lets have yours.

1 Like

Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by kreamidiva(f): 10:04am On Jun 19, 2013
The smallest lie i tell him is that i din't just hang up on him that d network is bad. I don't tell him plenty lies cos we have a code and he sees right through me too undecided ...unfortunately

3 Likes

Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by kreamidiva(f): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2013
damiso:
My husband has this weird thing about food that has been frozen for over 4 weeks.Unknown to him yesterday he ate efo that that had been in the freezer since april.He sat there licking his fingers
lol.....this food part...my husband too.doesn't eat food that's been refrigerated for more than two days! Does he want me dead?

1 Like

Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:23am On Jun 19, 2013
Ahhhhh...thank God am not strange afterall.....I never eat food refrigerated even the next morning....can't figure out why, but I won't eat it at all.
====
I sometimes tell my partner "network is messed up here, can't hear u well." when I don't feel like talking too much jare!!
Sometimes I don't tell her immediately I get to where am travelling to with my car. Always add extra 20-30 minutes before calling her. She said I drive too fast.....lollllllz.
I have told her I have migraines some evenings when I don't feel up to the "bed exercise".....so I can sleep all I want without disturbance!!!

1 Like

Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by slimyem: 10:25am On Jun 19, 2013
All liars shall perish and go to hell..tongue
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2013
Lol . . women are the same everywhere!
Me I don't want to say least i get caught! embarassed embarassed cheesy
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by damiso(f): 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
slimyem: All liars shall perish and go to hell..tongue
May God help us grin grin grin
Royal Roy: Ahhhhh...thank God am not strange afterall.....I never eat food refrigerated even the next morning....can't figure out why, but I won't eat it at all.
====
I sometimes tell my partner "network is messed up here, can't hear u well." when I don't feel like talking too much jare!!
Sometimes I don't tell her immediately I get to where am travelling to with my car. Always add extra 20-30 minutes before calling her. She said I drive too fast.....lollllllz.
I have told her I have migraines some evenings when I don't feel up to the "bed exercise".....so I can sleep all I want without disturbance!!!
Na lie jooor its all in una mind.How come hubby (despite his insistence that his taste buds know the diff)did nit know he was eating 2 month old soup? tongue tongue.I warmed it properly and he thought it was cooked that yesterday.That experiment has now proved that I can now decongest my freezer.I just keep cooking and adding and then one day I just chuck most in the bin cos there is hardly so much I can eat on my own.Its not good to waste food, in my books that is the worse sin cos there are starving people in the world.
And lai lai I cant be cooking everyday..... tongue
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2013
damiso:
Its not good to waste food, in my books that is the worse sin cos there are starving people in the world.
And lai lai I cant be cooking everyday..... tongue
My mum's sentiment exactly!!!
But then, I guess what we don't know doesn't kill us!!!
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Gloriagee(f): 4:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
To all the guys - I've never been able to understand the rationale behind not eating frozen food. N I must confess, I never eat frozen jollof rice, sha grin
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ujujoan: Lol . . women are the same everywhere!
Me I don't want to say least i get caught! embarassed embarassed cheesy

He doesnt come to this section

He stays mainly on Chelsea thread and Politics
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by dayokanu(m): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Me i dont mind frozen food.

If you grew up in my house, My parents hated every form of wastage. if you take more than enough food you have to finish it o. Nothing gets thrown away

So till this day, before I cook anything new, i make sure everything in the fridge has been eaten first

Atimes it backfires. E.g when you have a party and the excess food I am still eating after 1 week

or some weeks back had a Champions League final party, the unfinished pizza, I had to eat for the next few day

When I have kids too, i would tell them food cost money, nothing must be wasted

2 Likes

Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2013
God should deliver me from wasting food, cos I have no inhibitions trashing food, lol.

White lies? Hmm... cheesy
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by damiso(f): 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2013
Gloriagee: To all the guys - I've never been able to understand the rationale behind not eating frozen food. N I must confess, I never eat frozen jollof rice, sha grin
To be fair sha I never eat any sort of frozen rice it just does not taste the same.But other things esp soup no difference esp when defrosted and warmed properly.

Round 2 frozen ayamase (green stew for ofada rice) grin grin.Boiling jasmine rice as I type and I can bet tonight as well he wont tell the diff.

Tomorow moin moin, friday beans and corn.

No more cooking till that freezer is decongested. grin grin smiley
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
Dami, I am sending a little birdie to your hubby to tell him the truth tongue
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by damiso(f): 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
chaircover: can you freeze moin moin ni? how do you defrost? microwave or back in the steamer?

ive never frozen beans before. You learn everyday ooooooooo

I dont like frozen rice. It looses its taste. I only tend to freeze stews, vegetable soup, okro and ewedu and my ogi of course

Yes you can freeze moi moi.The best way to defrost is get it out of the freezer say like 12 hrs before and leave in the fridge.Then take it out and microwave or steam and it tastes just as nice.

Same with beans, in short I freeze beans alot cos my husband loves beans.We tend to go thru it quickly so need to lie on that one's time frame grin.This one was cooked last week.I even freeze gbegiri (yeah I make gbegiri my SIL wanted to faint when she heard I make gbegiri in the uk grin).

1 Like

Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by damiso(f): 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
naijababe: Dami, I am sending a little birdie to your hubby to tell him the truth tongue
Dont u dare grin Mi o kin se Gordon Ramsey or Jamie Oliver so I cannot come and melt in the kitchen.
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2013
damiso:
Dont u dare grin Mi o kin se Gordon Ramsey or Jamie Oliver so I cannot come and melt in the kitchen.

Lol, why u no go melt for kitchen......when you dey cook 'gbegiri' grin. Like your SIL, i want to faint too.
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by damiso(f): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2013
naijababe:

Lol, why u no go melt for kitchen......when you dey cook 'gbegiri' grin. Like your SIL, i want to faint too.
Dont mind me o ;DAs I said I hate food wasting so gbegiri came in to utilise my peeled beans.I buy the already peeled beans so in order to utilise it effectively grin I make moin moin, akara (dont freeze that one grin) and gbegiri.
No mind me its just that I miss Shitta Amala too much.You can never get that shitta taste without gbegiri.Even my mother was shocked that proper lagos girl like learnt how to make gbegiri. grin
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
damiso:
Dont mind me o ;DAs I said I hate food wasting so gbegiri came in to utilise my peeled beans.I buy the already peeled beans so in order to utilise it effectively grin I make moin moin, akara (dont freeze that one grin) and gbegiri.
No mind me its just that I miss Shitta Amala too much.You can never get that shitta taste without gbegiri.Even my mother was shocked that proper lagos girl like learnt how to make gbegiri. grin

Mehn, no gbegiri run for my yard abeg. I will leave the gbegiri runs to Olaiya and Shitta folks.
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by horny4u(f): 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
Shoes , bags , clothes, jewellery, brazillian hair....(He thinks the last time I shopped was 2012)

Cos He thinks I shop too much....but likes to show me off...well !

I have a room i keep my loot and simply pinned "out of bounds" on the door....he peeps sometimes sha.

1 Like

Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by vanitty: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ehn ehn this topic I like

1. Aso-Ebis ( recently I have had to buy ridiculously expensive lace that I even had to persuade him to wear, he is not a fan and on top lie about the price. He is not a fan of ankos and this trend will continue for a while God is blessing our extended family with weddings etc

2. He doesn't mind me buying clothing items that are different colour and looks obviously different but he doesn't understand why i will have like 2 bags that are same colour and size, me i know they are different, he just can't see it, my answer nowadays is it was two for the price of one.

3. He is British through through, his father was also born here while me my mother and father was born and raised in the village and they transferred some ara bush to me lol, so theatres o, concerts etc not my forte, it doesn't affect me negatively but i will rather be at home but I sha go because he is keen on it

Ah "organic" food, God forgive me for that one. A food product cost double price just because they stick organic label on it!!! forget it, If I know I can get away with it, I am buying what I bought and ate and survived before I met him

So many more, many more. Inside him i suspect he most likely know all this but he chooses to play along for peace to continue lol.
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
I don't know If I will call it lies though....

When he sees me eating chicken bone marrow, I tell him it's for calcium lipsrsealed..

However, he understands its an African thing grin

I know I can get my calcium elsewhere but the chicken bones ESP the laps...calcium plenty dia
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by lolaluv1(f): 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
chaircover: Thanks Ladies . . . kiss

Now where is that my agbari ojukwu pot grin
Lol at agbari ojukwu.
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
So na liars full this NL grin
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by slimyem: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
stillwater: God should deliver me from wasting food, cos I have no inhibitions trashing food, lol.

White lies? Hmm... cheesy
I need the same prayer.cool
Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by baby124: 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2013
hmm, i can think of any right now.

I know how to get anything i want from him, so i dont think i need to lie about anything.

Plus i am reasonable with money. maybe when it comes to my own money, yes. I like the freedom to spend how i want.

As for food, he will not eat what he doesnt see me cook the previous week or food stored in the freezer. He would never eat food more than a week old. LOL

1 Like

Re: What Lil White Lies Do You Tell Your Significant Other? by Nmeri17: 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
RoyalRoy:

hmmmmm...u don chop tire....na run u kam dey run lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Equality Between Men And Women Is Against Nature. / Seven Igbo Drug Dealers. Seven Drug Traffickers Nabbed On One Flight. / Do You Regret Not Marrying Any Of Your Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.