Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (13942 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Listening To Worldly Music,worldly Jokes And Movies Is An Abomination To GOD / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:11am On Jun 28, 2013
All the Church fathers. Do you want me to list all the Church fathers throughout the 2000+ year history of Christ's Church?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:16am On Jun 28, 2013
italo: All the Church fathers. Do you want me to list all the Church fathers throughout the 2000+ year history of Christ's Church?

No, show me where he appointed them please.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

No, show me where he appointed them please.
Are you kidding me? I should show you where Jesus appointed Church fathers?

I'm guessing you mean I should show you from the Bible, right?

But did you ask this question when you accepted the same Bible that was compiled by the same Church fathers?

I guess not.

Not surprising, considering you are a blatant hypocrite.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2013
italo: Are you kidding me? I should show you where Jesus appointed Church fathers?

But did you ask this question when you accepted the same Bible that was compiled by the same Church fathers?

I guess not.

Answer the question, forget who compiled or who did not compile the word of God. You said Christ appointed fathers, please show where He appointed them. Simple.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
Am I a criminal under investigation that cannot ask questions too?

Afterall, I answered a question of yours in post 32, why are you scared to answer mine?

italo: Are you kidding me? I should show you where Jesus appointed Church fathers?

I guess not.

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

It means even Christ that we knew in the flesh, we should not see him as such anymore let alone making a statue of him.

That is not what that verse is teaching. That is simply your own twisted teaching.

If we were to see things from your point of view, it would mean that we cannot make images of anyone since the beginning of the verse says "we regard no one according to the flesh." And I am very sure you have images of yourself and other people.

That's how your false doctrine fell flat on its face.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you serious? I never knew though. Where did God tell us to make images for ourselves?

Where did God tell shdemidemi to read the Bible?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo: Am I a criminal under investigation that cannot ask questions too?

Afterall, I answered a question of yours in post 32, why are you scared to answer mine?

Seem someone has something he is hiding. Anyway, the bible collation is not the power of any man but the power of God himself. I am sure the bible is true and men can never put what God does not want in there.
1 Corinthians 13
12 For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as [e]in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand [f]fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been [g]fully and clearly known and understood [[h]by God].

The scripture is described as that which is perfect, no matter who puts it together, God is definitely present through providence for His word to be perfect.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Where did God tell shdemidemi to read the Bible?

When Paul says 15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
Seem someone has something he is hiding. Anyway, the bible collation is not the power of any man but the power of God himself. I am sure the bible is true and men can never put what God does not want in there.
1 Corinthians 13
12 For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as [e]in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand [f]fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been [g]fully and clearly known and understood [[h]by God].

The scripture is described as that which is perfect, no matter who puts it together, God is definitely present through providence for His word to be perfect.

Paul was talking about heaven, not about scripture. You keep twisting God's word to suit your false doctrines.

Where did God ever mention "bible" to you?

It was the Catholic Church fathers that gave us the Bible.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

When Paul says 15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I dont see where God tells you to read the Bible in that verse. St Paul himself never saw a Bible.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Paul was talking about heaven, not about scripture. You keep twisting God's word to suit your false doctrines.

Where did God ever mention "bible" to you?

It was the Catholic Church fathers that gave us the Bible.

Catholics church father would not add the Pauline epistles if they have the power. God is behind is word, not your so called fathers.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

God and Paul were never against making and using images. Quit lying!

Did God say you should worship Him with images. Didn't your church fathers tell what Jesus said? That we should worship God the Father in spirit and in truth?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

I dont see where God tells you to read the Bible in that verse. St Paul himself never saw a Bible.

Of course, there was the Old Testament and he knew what he was doing when he taught Timothy the new revelation that should be taught after he leaves. In the days of God's power, His people shall be willing. No credit to anyone that collate the scriptures, only God deserves all the glory. If judas did not betray Christ, I wouldn't be saved today, that is not to say judas or the act of betrayal is good. If God used anyone to collate the bible, it does not mean they are good.

PROVIDENCE ...God is always with and for His word, He raised His word higher than Himself.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

That is what happens when one is inspired by the Holy Spirit, He is the same God that calls things that are not as if they were. Paul might not know but it was not Paul speaking at those times, The Holy Spirit spoke through Paul.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Catholics church father would not add the Pauline epistles if they have the power. God is behind is word, not your so called fathers.

Where did God tell you that he added the Pauline letters?

The Catholic Church compiled the Bible and it is they who tell us that they did it by the power and authority given to them by God.

And we all trust the Catholic Church fathers on that...even you haters do.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Where did God tell you that he added the Pauline letters?

The Catholic Church compiled the Bible and it is they who tell us that they did it by the power and authority given to them by God.

And we all trust the Catholic Church fathers on that...even you haters do.

Are you so blind to see. Is any man on the face of the earth infallible,? If you agree that God inspired the collation, why don't you follow what has been collated, why would you then follow humans who God used to collate the bible.

Are you that foolish?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
Boomark:

Did God say you should worship Him with images. Didn't your church fathers tell what Jesus said? That we should worship God the Father in spirit and in truth?

God told us so through the leaders of his Church.

Joshua worshiped God in spirit and truth yet he prostrated before images. Are you holier than Joshua?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

God told us so through the leaders of his Church.

Joshua worshiped God in spirit and truth yet he prostrated before images. Are you holier than Joshua?

Are you an Israelite by any chance? Is Joshua a Christian?
Before we even talk about the rubbish you are spewing, answer the questions.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Of course, there was the Old Testament and he knew what he was doing when he taught Timothy the new revelation that should be taught after he leaves. In the days of God's power, His people shall be willing. No credit to anyone that collate the scriptures, only God deserves all the glory. If judas did not betray Christ, I wouldn't be saved today, that is not to say judas or the act of betrayal is good. If God used anyone to collate the bible, it does not mean they are good.

PROVIDENCE ...God is always with and for His word, He raised His word higher than Himself.

Two things I managed get from this post.

1. God never told you to read the Bible.

2. The Catholic Church compiled the Bible.

Thank you!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Two things I managed get from this post.

1. God never told you to read the Bible.

Thank you!

Hmm I see you are far gone in to apostasy through the wisdom of men of perdition. You would rather believe a fellow man to the scriptures you agree God inspired the collation.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
^^^ go to Acts chapter 18' you will see how a man called Apollos was taught the gospel of grace before the collation of the bible by your so called fathers. The churches in Corinth, Galatia, colosse, Ephesus, Thessalonica and the rest had the gospel of grace and the epistles before the bible was cannoned. Don't come here to speak trash.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Frostyzone(m): 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
Responding to the title of the thread, I would start by saying this: Put a man in charge of a very old institute, and with time the institute will become seriously flawed.

Such is the case with Catholic church nowadays that views the worshipping of images, statues, and medals as acceptable. When confronted with that knowledge, they never fail to play the honoring card.

Even so, assuming they are really honouring all those images, does the Bible condone it? I don't think so.

Another dubious tradition and practise employed actively by the same institution is the worshipping of saints, or rather people they call saints. People they really don't know that are actually in heaven or ravishing in hell fire.

Roman catholic may have started off as a pinnacle of hope and light, but somewhere in the renaissance era, it gradually adopted a very different me-against-the-world authoritarian-type personality, and now is nothing like what an ideal religious institution is supposed to be.

Roman catholic of today is more of tradition keeping than the actual worshiping of God.

1 Like

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you so blind to see. Is any man on the face of the earth infallible,? If you agree that God inspired the collation, why don't you follow what has been collated, why would you then follow humans who God used to collate the bible.

Are you that foolish?

You have not seen anything yet. For the sake of men, he will chose to ignore the scriptures.

Their church fathers did not compile the "book of the word of God" i use ie the holy scripture. I hope you use the same book.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

That is what happens when one is inspired by the Holy Spirit, He is the same God that calls things that are not as if they were. Paul might not know but it was not Paul speaking at those times, The Holy Spirit spoke through Paul.

How do you know it was the Holy Spirit speaking through Paul? Did you ever see Paul?

Was it not these same Catholic Church fathers that told us that the epistles were inspired by the Holy Spirit?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

How do you know it was the Holy Spirit speaking through Paul? Did you ever see Paul?

Was it not these same Catholic Church fathers that told us that the epistles were inspired by the Holy Spirit?
No it wasn't your fathers like you claim. Paul himself addressed his epistles to different churches in different cities and countries. He single handedly spread the gospel through preaching and letters.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you that foolish?

If God has used the Catholic Church to compile the Bible then I trust that God continues to use it to interpret the contents of the Bible to fallible and unstable human minds like ours. In fact God has been using his Catholic Church to teach his flock even before the advent of the Bible.

If no man is infallible, then why are you claiming infallibility for yourself?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you an Israelite by any chance? Is Joshua a Christian?
Before we even talk about the rubbish you are spewing, answer the questions.

Is it possible to worship God in spirit and in truth, yet prostrate before images?

If you answer mine, I will answer yours.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Hmm I see you are far gone in to apostasy through the wisdom of men of perdition. You would rather believe a fellow man to the scriptures you agree God inspired the collation.

This has nothing to do with previous posts.

You have alluded to the fact that:

1. God didnt tell you to read the Bible.

Obviously you also believe in fellow men. The Catholic Church fathers who gave us the Bible and called it "Sacred Scripture."
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^ go to Acts chapter 18' you will see how a man called Apollos was taught the gospel of grace before the collation of the bible by your so called fathers. The churches in Corinth, Galatia, colosse, Ephesus, Thessalonica and the rest had the gospel of grace and the epistles before the bible was cannoned. Don't come here to speak trash.

The first Church fathers were the apostles. The ones that compiled the Bible were the successors of the successors of their successors.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
@frostyzone,

Can you tell us how and when the Catholic Church started well and how and when it got corrupted?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
Boomark:

You have not seen anything yet. For the sake of men, he will chose to ignore the scriptures.

Their church fathers did not compile the "book of the word of God" i use ie the holy scripture. I hope you use the same book.

Who compiled the book you use and where and when was it compiled?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Trains 2000 Ghanaian Youths As Entrepreneurs (photos) / "A Man After God's Own Heart" - What Does It Mean? / Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.