Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (128681 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by damiso(f): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
jidegirl12:

Bingo! Nothing else to say.

Dem never born any branch choir do that when GO is officiating. Never happens. They're doing their own thing.

And I'm looking forward to that day smiley they will hear the word of their lives !!
L
Sis take am easy.My parish is a provincial headquarters and yep at last festival of life in London (have it recorded as well)19th May 2013, a choir wore jeans and white shirt.And Daddy GO did minister.It was a youth ministry called Next Gen just checked it.

That said I love the bible verse by Babyosisi its besides the point.God is not a man.Lets leave all this churchese and church speak, lets love God.And invite the holy spirit to transform us then we would not need a Man of God to necessarily direct us to the path of righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
^that moniker needs to increase her meds.

she's totally lost her marbles, just displaying madness all over the forum.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
jidegirl12:

Please for the love of Great God , don't fall for that, it's a blatant coc.k b.ull of FAT LIES..... I know DL members and they are all thesame. No perm, rarely watch TV and so on.

Just yall dont know.....There are also churches that are copyright of these big churches, that don't answer to the headquarters and they do their own thing.

Some DLers just arrived from Nigeria months ago and I met the mom, she outrightly barbed her hair low cut cos of our weather and difficulty to comb her hair. Nothing concern me, but don't cook lies for cheap justification for glaring Hypocricy!!!

Most Nigerians=Hypocrisy

for your mind, you are saying something, abi?

were.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
damiso:
L
Sis take am easy.My parish is a provincial headquarters and yep at last festival of life in London (have it recorded as well)19th May 2013, a choir wore jeans and white shirt.And Daddy GO did minister.It was a youth ministry called Next Gen just checked it.

That said I love the bible verse by Babyosisi its besides the point.God is not a man.Lets leave all this churchese and church speak, lets love God.And invite the holy spirit to transform us then we would not need a Man of God to necessarily direct us to the path of righteousness.

I'm talking bout USA and what I've witnessed so far, never been to any UK convention. I don't worship man, I just don't like when people try to be modest.

tpia@:

for your mind, you are saying something, abi?

were.

Frustrated lonely old sadist, I don't have time for you, you're the one stalking everybody for attention , na today?

Iya e ni were.

tpia@:
^that moniker needs to increase her meds.

she's totally lost her marbles, just displaying madness all over the forum.

How I wish I could get this vile filled syringe into your eyeballs and get it over with grin

waste
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by damiso(f): 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
jidegirl12:

Bingo! Nothing else to say.

Dem never born any branch choir do that when GO is officiating. Never happens. They're doing their own thing.

And I'm looking forward to that day smiley they will hear the word of their lives !!

I get you sis but by the bolded I thought you meant NO RCCG choir ever wears jeans when Pastor Adeboye ministers.
I once asked my Pastor how come there is No RCCG classical parish (no earring, no trouser, no weave on) in the UK? He was like Sis Dami you and your questions eh grin.I said I had to ask now cos I know the issues my friend faced with her wedding cos her mum was an asst pastor in a classical parish.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
My reply was to osisi cos she lives there. I heard bout UK and some of my friends left cos of that even ( fashion parade/ competition every Sunday) undecided I think it's a gradual process, y'all will get there. It's the young population effect. grin

Now I sound too religious grin lets go do our thing on family threads jare
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
jidegirl12:

I'm talking bout USA and what I've witnessed so far, never been to any UK convention. I don't worship man, I just don't like when people try to be modest.

shut up, you lying pig. cheesy

Frustrated lonely old sadist, I don't have time for you, you're the one stalking everybody for attention , na today?

Iya mi ni were.

How I wish I could get this vile filled syringe into my eyeballs and get it over with grin

waste

madam, you need a stronger dose of your psychiatric medication.

please log off nairaland and get help before you land in your gutter.

were, from idile were grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
jidegirl12: My reply was to osisi cos she lives there. I heard bout UK and some of my friends left cos of that even ( fashion parade/ competition every Sunday) undecided I think it's a gradual process, y'all will get there. It's the young population effect. grin

Now I sound too religious grin lets go do our thing on family threads jare

yes, keep us updated on your lovely life as a doctor with your lovely kids and handsome brian mcknight husband.

making how much was that?

million dollars a year?

refresh our memories, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by DeeperdanNY: 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
Is the war over yet, thank God at last I can go to sleep. OK you can all lay down your arms and WMD, meet me in Church on Sunday. Don't forget to go to the Deeper Life Church closest to you and I will be around to answer all your pertinent questions. Your spiritual welfare is our concern, remember without holiness, no man shall see the Lord.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2013
^^ go to bed and keep that woman Tpia on top of your prayer points, she needs a man, ( to fk her head off cheesy) , children , job and a LIFE. Or she no go gree leave other happily married/ engaged Women alone.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by DeeperdanNY: 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
God bless you all. Your spiritual welfare is our concern. Remember without holiness no man shall see the Lord. Start preparing for your eternity today. You won't have any excuse on the last day
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Pygru: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
Deeper_danNY: God bless you all. Your spiritual welfare is our concern. Remember without holiness no man shall see the Lord. Start preparing for your eternity today. You won't have any excuse on the last day
who be this one
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2013
eka baby: so d point u r making is dat d deeper life church outside Nigeria is different,so dey allow permed hair,makeup hmmm contradiction in d highest order,let's stop d eye service because he is general overseers son doesn't make him more superior dan oda dat dey force 2 wear turtle neck n turban 4 deir wedn,using a stretched limo is it nt earthly n carnal?A deeper life lady uses thread 2 make her hair,no relaxer must touch deir hair,bt d general overseer's daughter inlaw's hair is permed.God dey sha!!
Yes, the unmistakable point is that deeper life differs in administration from place to place, even in Nigeria. So also other churches.
1 Corinthians 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
Its normal as far as their core values remain true to the bible, and I'll be disappointed if outward appearance like wearing wedding gown is their core value. It appears to be the yardstick you and others are using to judge them. The fact and truth remains that other members have wedded that way in that region. A church is not a cult, each region has a certain level of autonomy, that is not contradiction.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
busolayemi: My bro in d Lord, take tins easy nao...I sincerely know how dis feels with u....buh just a quick question...are u now trying to say the deeper life in Nigeria is different from the one outside Cos as I am typing this now, my mom is still on discipline cos I ded to dress the way dis lady ere is dressed on my wedding day....If your answer to that question is yes....then am just short of words....rily
Sorry about your mum. i'm not saying or particular about whether one style of dressing or wedding is right or wrong. But the fact and truth is that it is not a first time thing in deeper life. i am a witness to a deeper life wedding where they wore something more extravagant, drummed, danced etc. It depends on location i think. Each administration has some freedom to what it permits or not. Its everywhere, its called organization/administration. The only issue i have is if/when someone takes it overboard by keeping it as God's law or above. Some choir use uniform, i think deeper in Lagos is pleated skirt. Some use color. These are not major issues except you them as major. Its devil that makes one to major on minor. These are not things that make a church different from another. There are bigger and core issues like faith, love, doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by DeeperdanNY: 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
jidegirl12: ^^ go to bed and keep that woman Tpia on top of your prayer points, she needs a man, ( to fk her head off cheesy) , children , job and a LIFE. Or she no go gree leave other happily married/ engaged Women alone.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
na wa oh. It was a good week.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 23, 2013
Wonderful. Didn't know this many people are concerned about deeperlife.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by woodgatesimeon: 7:57am On Jun 23, 2013
I have been a deeperlife member ever scine....I know my pastor......he dosn't take nonsense... If the wedding was as bad as u guys put it.....he wotn accept it or even go to the wedding.....regardless of the fact that its his son's wedding....plz.......think before you talk plz
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
woodgatesimeon: I have been a deeperlife member ever scine....I know my pastor......he dosn't take nonsense... If the wedding was as bad as u guys put it.....he wotn accept it or even go to the wedding.....regardless of the fact that its his son's wedding....plz.......think before you talk plz

Go to the first page of this thread and tell us the degree of badness
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bukatyne(f): 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
I don't understand why some deeper lifers are trying so hard to explain away these pictures. I have read funny points like:

The groom might not be born again
The father might nt have approved
There are different standards of dressing etc.

We all know that other members will never be allowed to wear this. For those saying that they have different standard of dressing across board, does it mean some parishes are holier than others or is there classic and modern parishes? Most dl members have painted the picture that people dressed apart from their way is a sinner. So where is the talk of different standards coming from?

There is no need to explain anything. The couple have wedded the way they like. We pray these privileges is extended to all members so we stop seeing weddings like funeral ceremonies and couples looking like chief mourners.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by busolayemi: 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
So so so on point...
bukatyne: I don't understand why some deeper lifers are trying so hard to explain away these pictures. I have read funny points like:

The groom might not be born again
The father might nt have approved
There are different standards of dressing etc.

We all know that other members will never be allowed to wear this. For those saying that they have different standard of dressing across board, does it mean some parishes are holier than others or is there classic and modern parishes? Most dl members have painted the picture that people dressed apart from their way is a sinner. So where is the talk of different standards coming from?

There is no need to explain anything. The couple have wedded the way they like. We pray these privileges is extended to all members so we stop seeing weddings like funeral ceremonies and couples looking like chief mourners.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by funkede1: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2013
As a friend of the couple, I can’t keep silent anymore. This is the actual picture of what the bride looked like. The rest have been lies to destroy the lives of the new couple and may you all be forgiven for the damage you caused the church of God and the new couple. As someone that attended the wedding, the pictures arousing such controversy looks nothing like the bride on her wedding day.

No white-looking makeup or blush
No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No relaxed hair (blow drier & flat iron can do that! by the way, her hair is that long)
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

You compare earlier pictures of a deeper life bride with a turban covered hair. In the Caribbean generally, the thick turban covering is associated with a satanic worship church. Can you imagine? No!! Ignorance is bliss. Is that what you want the new couple subjected to because of your lack of understanding? A joining that appears to be like under Satan because of hair covering as you understand it in your side of the world? God forbid!
If you want to accuse the bride of the gown, is it showing any body parts? I thought this was the idea of modesty. Let not thy unclothedness be discovered.. Love is also not John's lover/heartthrob/girlfriend or any other careless language, these two were brought together led of The Lord though from thousand of miles apart and I'm sure they went through the deeper life church marriage committee process from their countries.

I hope you feel guilty enough to stop all the lies and great damage you have caused a new couple trying to begin a life together hard school of marriage, and added to that has to live with scrutiny on a public scale, all influenced by lies and doctored images from the haters.. Let each man run their own Christian race, not with eye service or an envious mind.

Congrats to the new couple and may God soothe the irreparable damage caused by online social media
P.s there are so many other good things online about Love Odih, not just some fabricated and baseless scandal

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
^^^i seriously think u are lying. Why will someone take the pains to change all the details of the wedding including the engagement photos before giving it out! That's clearly overboard no matter what beef such person has against the church. This is just a move by some desperate person to bring things back to normal. you don't right a wrong with another wrong so Keep your lies to yourself cos what has happened has happened. There's nothing you can do about it
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
^^^ you dey mind am? When did DL start believing in worldly superstitions??

Spurious Rebuttal at its best. SMH.... 'Friend of the couple' so what?? * rolls eyes*

None of my business , don't bring bogus claims here to score cheap points.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by SailorXY: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
preshuzpearl: ^^^i seriously think u are lying. Why will someone take the pains to change all the details of the wedding including the engagement photos before giving it out! That's clearly overboard no matter what beef such person has against the church. This is just a move by some desperate person to bring things back to normal. you don't right a wrong with another wrong so Keep your lies to yourself cos what has happened has happened. There's nothing you can do about it
^^ if u can believe someone can never go through the pain to adjust pictures because the person got beef, why will you believe another person is going through same pain to correct the anomaly?? SMDcck
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
funkede1: As a friend of the couple, I can’t keep silent anymore. This is the actual picture of what the bride looked like. The rest have been lies to destroy the lives of the new couple and may you all be forgiven for the damage you caused the church of God and the new couple. As someone that attended the wedding, the pictures arousing such controversy looks nothing like the bride on her wedding day.

No white-looking makeup or blush
No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No relaxed hair (blow drier & flat iron can do that! by the way, her hair is that long)
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

You compare earlier pictures of a deeper life bride with a turban covered hair. In the Caribbean generally, the thick turban covering is associated with a satanic worship church. Can you imagine? No!! Ignorance is bliss. Is that what you want the new couple subjected to because of your lack of understanding? A joining that appears to be like under Satan because of hair covering as you understand it in your side of the world? God forbid!
If you want to accuse the bride of the gown, is it showing any body parts? I thought this was the idea of modesty. Let not thy unclothedness be discovered.. Love is also not John's lover/heartthrob/girlfriend or any other careless language, these two were brought together led of The Lord though from thousand of miles apart and I'm sure they went through the deeper life church marriage committee process from their countries.

I hope you feel guilty enough to stop all the lies and great damage you have caused a new couple trying to begin a life together hard school of marriage, and added to that has to live with scrutiny on a public scale, all influenced by lies and doctored images from the haters.. Let each man run their own Christian race, not with eye service or an envious mind.

Congrats to the new couple and may God soothe the irreparable damage caused by online social media
P.s there are so many other good things online about Love Odih, not just some fabricated and baseless scandal

What is more disturbing is actually thinking that any of the highlighted above would send someone to hell

You are arguing on both ends and scoring own goals

You folks have issues
You for give am bushy unibrow also

Satanist wear turbans so deeper lifers in the Caribbean wear veils because your holiness standard differed from continent to continent
That was a funny one

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
It is so interesting reading comments from concerned friends and members.
But then.. I was thinking...what if, What if there were "aso-ebis" on parade? And, everyone got dressed colorfully in one attire or the other? You people would still talk wink
What if the families had invited other ministers and top politicians for the wedding ceremony as commonly done by other ministers? Yes! There would be lots of stone casting that the pastor is keeping wrong association..cheesy and, what if the lady truly had an earring on and I c0ould go on and on...

Really, This is still a modest wedding..of a pastor's son who heads the 3rd largest church in the world...:/ smiley The only thing I see so o00000000ut of touch with the church was the make-up the lady had on, but this reveals so much about her convictions, so much about her.. She goofed! cheesy And, if I have a question to ask anyone, it would be to those MC officials who attended the wedding. What happened? Were they so "afraid" to caution a leader's daughter? #I 0could be wrong though, however, I wish to meet with those who attended the wedding..We need them to uphold the standard, even if mama Biodun Kumuyi is no more.

Overall, it was still a modest wedding.smiley

PS: Bukolayemi, nice reading your posts. Howbeit, if I may add this, The most important thing is getting married to the right person, whom God has for us. Wedding ceremony and the extravagances does not matter..as much as being with the right person. Mind you, it is just a day event..Our hearts, our relationship with God should be guarded. Let us do those things that God would be proud of and highly glorified. Ai mo ye wedding ceremonies..of million nairas/dollars that do not last #CaresOfthisworld.the important thing is being in God's will at all time. It's beyond the altar..x

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.