Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (128647 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
Deeper life use drugs. Haba,r we not going too far tryn to condenm these pple? Abeg make una leave them alone. Contrary to what I even believed b4 about them,my closest friend and confidant in my new station is their member.they live normal life and I hapned to sleep over at their place one night( medical emergency)and I saw d woman wearing sexy lingerie.when I was abt to be picked up d next mornin,she dressed d deeper life way again.they r lively and very accomodating too.still u hv d too strict type but which church don't hv such?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Deeper life use drugs. Haba,r we not going too far tryn to condenm these pple? Abeg make una leave them alone. Contrary to what I even believed b4 about them,my closest friend and confidant in my new station is their member.they live normal life and I hapned to sleep over at their place one night( medical emergency)and I saw d woman wearing sexy lingerie.when I was abt to be picked up d next mornin,she dressed d deeper life way again.they r lively and very accomodating too.still u hv d too strict type but which church don't hv such?

Thank you o, YellowPawpaw. Haba! We donn talk, so tey...my fingers are getting hurt, pressing the keypads. Aaarrghhh :p cheesy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
bukatyne:

You are not getting the point or closing your eyes to it. Some Deeper lifers said dressing outside the usual mode of DL dressing is wrong and sinful. Someone even tried to analyse the bride's dressing 'no mascara, no powder, no lipstick' etc. meaning the poster feels those things are wrong. You and co are saying that these things are allowed per location hence the talk of holiness. This means that if a DLer like 'the friend of the bride' relocates to a branch where Love's dressing is deemed modest, she will believe the members have 'backslidden' or 'not born again'.

There are generally two issues on this thread:

1. Non DLers: Is this not hypocritical, would any random member be allowed to dress like this? FYI, we do not see her dressing as wrong. e.g. bukatyne;

2. DLers: There are two schools of thought.

i. Different dressing are allowed in various parishes or areas e.g. image123 etc.;

ii. All DLers dress alike and Love must have backslidden/ not born again/ not married in DL etc. e.g. Olowotee etc. An extreme view is the pictures were photoshopped to cause controversy e.g. friend of the bride
na wa oh, we still dey here? Couple sef don forget wedding. I'm not here to talk about what deeper lifers have said to anyone, i don't do gossips. I'm talking about what i can see and quote on this thread. i said I've seen a deeper life wedding where a wedding gown and veil was used, and which was more extravagant than this one. That it is not a first or partial but something practised in north america before this wedding. You have tied their dressing to holiness, not me. The issue is that you have also rated dressing as a major benchmark for holiness. i don't know what the 'friend of the bride' may do, I'm not into conjectures/guesswork. I'm talking of what you have done, equating different wedding dressing in deeper to different levels of holiness. i confidently restate that random members of deeper life (whatever that means) have been allowed to dress with wedding gowns and veils and flowers in that region.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Iconpee(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2013
afta reading various comments, I bliv I can spk beta on dis issue.I wz in DL from age 2 till 23,nw I'm 30.infact,I grew up as close friends wt John's elder brother, Jerry.we close friends call him Tolu.Dat aside.
DL is one of d best places to mk a sinner repent n gv his life2God.92% of members dia(n most xtians)avnt grasped wat d Word of God really means.d Isrealites(which were afta d 1st Adam)were calld2 OBEY d Word.we dt r afta d 2nd Adam(Jesus Christ) r called 2 DO d Word.d knowledge abt d Word of God is nt static.u grow in grace n in knowlegde.dia r classes in d Spirit realm too.dont ask me y i moved to "anoda church".DIA IS A HIGHER LIGHT.tinz(some nolonger apply)lyk TV,relatin wt opposite sex,mkup etc were prohibited.dere is more knwledge in DL n xtiandom diz days.as xtians dont critize churches n pastors.instd sk knowledge.Hosea 4:6.check out d new hqtrs.a super mega imposin edifice.i hope dia wl be drums in it sha.dats d only tin i hope wl b included n offcourse REAL Praise n worship. I SALUTE!!!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Iconpee(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2013
afta reading various comments, I bliv I can spk beta on dis issue.I wz in DL from age 2 till 23,nw I'm 30.infact,I grew up as close friends wt John's elder brother, Jerry.we close friends call him Tolu.Dat aside.
DL is one of d best places to mk a sinner repent n gv his life2God.92% of members dia(n most xtians)avnt grasped wat d Word of God really means.d Isrealites(which were afta d 1st Adam)were calld2 OBEY d Word.we dt r afta d 2nd Adam(Jesus Christ) r called 2 DO d Word.d knowledge abt d Word of God is nt static.u grow in grace n in knowlegde.dia r classes in d Spirit realm too.dont ask me y i moved to "anoda church".DIA IS A HIGHER LIGHT.tinz(some nolonger apply)lyk TV,relatin wt opposite sex,mkup etc were prohibited.dere is more knwledge in DL n xtiandom diz days.as xtians dont critize churches n pastors.instd sk knowledge.Hosea 4:6.check out d new hqtrs.a super mega imposin edifice.i hope dia wl be drums in it sha.dats d only tin i hope wl b included n offcourse REAL Praise n worship. I SALUTE!!!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 29, 2013
biolabee: Youve killed it

should we start on the other things banned by the DL

Use of no drugs, no TV,

Do you know how many people have died because using of drugs is frowned upon

Don't even start that lie already. Deeperlife has no issues with drugs or tv. do your findings correctly before posting jargons all over this place

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 10:04am On Jun 29, 2013
preshuzpearl:

Don't even start that lie already. Deeperlife has no issues with drugs or tv. do your findings correctly before posting jargons all over this place

your post is laughable, more tragic is your rabid desperation to defend your GO
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Ivynwa(f): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
@Biolabee
I think i got your point here and respect your stance on the matter. I have respect for people who stand up for something even when the people around choose to look the other way out of fear or favour. In my first post here I didn't like that the bride was getting talked down for dressing as she likes and defended her right to dress as she likes. Nobody should get angry that the bride here is wearing what she wants to wear, what was clearly shown in this whole matter is that people should be clear headed enough to leave sentiments/emotions/hero worshipping alone when imbibing the words that come out of the mouth of some pastors.

If one begins to look at the bigger picture of all of this, this matter is enough to open the eyes of many Nigerians that leave their minds at home when they go to churches only to borrow minds from their fellow human beings and swallow down every principle and rules laid down. I mean the same person in whose church people were made to wear that mgbeke/archaic wedding dress "because they are supposed to be too holy" is looking all cool and happy while his children are donning sweet looking wedding dress that are too unholy for his own people. I remember that I use to disagree with my brother some years ago when he had loads and loads of DL tapes(he isn't a member of the church) and believes in so many things that had him deeming anybody that goes against what was preached in the tape as a sinner. I use to tell him "You don't have to swallow every thing that come out of the mouth of others when you go to church", these people are humans like us all and we all have the ability to use our head to discern and choose what is right for us. I am happy that my brother has realized this with time and experience and is now more liberal and free than he use to be before.

How about we stop edifying humans as Demi gods because they opened a church (which some of them started in order to make money).It is such hero worshipping that made people fall prey to the likes of Reverend Kings and some fake pastors that deceive and take women in their church that are struggling against infertility to bed. I love Pastor Adefarasin and was in his church one day when he started talking too much about money, I simply got up and left to return another day when he is in the mood to talk talks that connects me well with my G.O.D. Sometimes I fellowship with Lord's chosen where it is mandated that you wear no ear rings etc I go there dressed nicely and take the important God related stuffs and go my way. No way am I allowing any human being shackle me or take away my freedom to live my life and do the things I love to do. We need to tone down the worshipping of pastors and the swallowing of every whims that come out of their mouth because just like us humans they are not perfect too. I mean it is okay to share the word of God with them but we mustn't share every whims and beliefs they have because their exposure in life like education, environment, family upbringing shapens these. The fact that they think "wear this", does not mean that "this" is perfect for you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
Dear Ivy,

I appreciate your response
Frankly theres is nothing wrong with her dress as it is far better than what obtains in some gowns which show so much cleavage
However I know up close how stifling doctrines of this course and the hit it has taken on members homes who sacrificed their TVs, usage of drugs (yes!) and so many other things as i attended this ministry for years

Imagine my surprise when i saw the cathedral in Gbagada or members in the US saying DL now does noral wedding
Im sure some parishes now use drums grin

Surprising!
I had always seen DL as an oasis of saneness amidst the muck of prosperity love we find churches indulging in...
I wont be amazed if Kumuyi also has a private jet in the works
I guess its true when they say Work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Ivynwa: @Biolabee
I think i got your point here and respect your stance on the matter. I have respect for people who stand up for something even when the people around choose to look the other way out of fear or favour. In my first post here I didn't like that the bride was getting talked down for dressing as she likes and defended her right to dress as she likes. Nobody should get angry that the bride here is wearing what she wants to wear, what was clearly shown in this whole matter is that people should be clear headed enough to leave sentiments/emotions/hero worshipping alone when imbibing the words that come out of the mouth of some pastors.

If one begins to look at the bigger picture of all of this, this matter is enough to open the eyes of many Nigerians that leave their minds at home when they go to churches only to borrow minds from their fellow human beings and swallow down every principle and rules laid down. I mean the same person in whose church people were made to wear that mgbeke/archaic wedding dress "because they are supposed to be too holy" is looking all cool and happy while his children are donning sweet looking wedding dress that are too unholy for his own people. I remember that I use to disagree with my brother some years ago when he had loads and loads of DL tapes(he isn't a member of the church) and believes in so many things that had him deeming anybody that goes against what was preached in the tape as a sinner. I use to tell him "You don't have to swallow every thing that comes out of the mouth of others when you go to church", these people are humans like us all and we all have the ability to use our head to discern and choose what is right for us. My brother has realized this today and is now more liberal and free than he use to be before.

How about we stop edifying humans as Demi gods because they opened a church (which some of them started in order to make money).It is such hero worshipping that made people fall prey to the likes of Reverend Kings and some fake pastors that deceive and take women that are struggling against infertility to bed. I love Pastor Adefarasin and was in his church one day when he started talking too much about money, I simply got up and left to return another day when he is in the mood to talk talks that connects me well with my G.O.D. Sometimes I fellowship with Lord's chosen where it is mandated that you wear no ear rings etc I go there dressed nicely and take the important God related stuffs and go my way. No way am I allowing any human being shackle me or take away my freedom to live my life and do the things I love to do. We need to tone down the worshipping of pastors and the swallowing of all things that comes out of their mouth because just like us humans they are not perfect too.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Ivynwa(f): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2013
biolabee: Dear Ivy,

I appreciate your response
Frankly theres is nothing wrong with her dress as it is far better than what obtains in some gowns which show so much cleavage
However I know up close how stifling doctrines of this course and the hit it has taken on members homes who sacrificed their TVs, usage of drugs (yes!) and so many other things as i attended this ministry for years

Imagine my surprise when i saw the cathedral in Gbagada or members in the US saying DL now does noral wedding
Im sure some parishes now use drums grin

Surprising!
I had always seen DL as an oasis of saneness amidst the muck of prosperity love we find churches indulging in...
I wont be amazed if Kumuyi also has a private jet in the works
I guess its true when they say Work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Peace Brother!

If that Reverend King's church member that died after he set them on fire knows enough not to have hero worshipped and believed in the trash Reverend King made them believe she(or was it a he? ) may still be alive. I heard that his church members use to fall on their knees and prostrate when he is driving on the road or passing close to them. Jeez!
These hero worshipping of Pastors is an important matter that needs attention in our country, many homes have been divided by fake prophesies and false utterances that were swallowed by church members.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by biolabee(m): 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ivynwa:

Peace Brother!

If that Reverend King's church member that died after he set them on fire knows enough not to have hero worshipped and believe in the trash he makes them believe she(or was it a he? ) may still be alive. These hero worshipping of Pastors is an important matter that needs attention in our country, many homes have been divided by fake prophesies and false utterances that were swallowed by church members.

True, some of these churches cause marital discord due to doctrines..spouses not listening to their spouse based on some leading or people leaving their aged parents impoverished who are the cause of their generational issues
It beats me
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by wealthyprince(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
A good Christian should focus more on God and what He wants. We all know what is expected from a Christian, we all know churches that are doing their best to preach d truth, unfortunately most people commenting may be those who dislike the church or even unbelievers who are bent on crucifying d man of God. Fortunately, no matter what we say or judge...the word of God has prevailed. Work out ur salvation with trembling and fear...are u saved?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by DeeperdanNY: 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
Can everyone go home now? The wedding is done, the mockers rage, the Church has wielded a very big stick on the couple in a public announcement, the plague stayed. Now the couple can live quietly, prayerfully and peacefully. Its a happy married life at last!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by authenticblack: 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
Why is it in Nigeria 85 percent of what we say is gossip...too bad. The father's conviction is not the son's, so if the members decides to follow the doctrine is their's to make, after all not one member is forced to worship in the church. Only God has the right to judge a man.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by authenticblack: 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2013
God should be our focus and firm foundation, the truth is those who are criticizing knows the truth..God help us all.
wealthyprince: A good Christian should focus more on God and what He wants. We all know what is expected from a Christian, we all know churches that are doing their best to preach d truth, unfortunately most people commenting may be those who dislike the church or even unbelievers who are bent on crucifying d man of God. Fortunately, no matter what we say or judge...the word of God has prevailed. Work out ur salvation with trembling and fear...are u saved?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by woodgatesimeon: 11:42am On Jul 07, 2013
I want to refer to the man who said that "the couple might not have been born again" plz I want to let u know that now wedding can be conducted in deeperlife and the couples are nt saved..plz mind the way u talk..nt to incur God's judgment on ur skull. The original picture has been display why r u still making a noise. Plz pastor kumuyi will nt bend the scriptures even for his own son.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 3:40am On Jul 08, 2013
seun [atheist] has gotten so much traffic from deeper life matters.

#moremoneythingz

he should be thanking the church and giving offering to any church near him o.

despite his carefully picked mods who go bonkers when they hear the name "Jesus", he still likes the traffic that comes from christian issues.

63000 views and counting.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by iceh2o(f): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
Afam4eva: It's very Un-Deeperlife for a bride to wear wedding gown. How come Kumuyi's daughter in-law wore one?
man ur wrong. i am a deeper lifer. dads a pastor. pastor kumuyi wont set such a stupid rule.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.