Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo (6769 Views)

Army Arrests Pastor, 2 Others Over Fake Miracles / Woman In Police Net Over Fake Testimony. Pics / Two Arraigned For Allegedly Swindling Prospective Tenants Of N19.9m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by luli4life: 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=glb_577923665.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Monday 17th June, 2013 arraigned the duo of Egbearo Friday and Samson Akpaibor before Justice A. M. Liman of the Federal High Court, Benin City, Edo State, on a 17-count charge of conspiracy, forgery, impersonation and obtaining money by false pretences.

The accused allegedly obtained the sum of N80, 000 from one Christopher Onwubuemeli under the pretext that he had won N2million in a fake Globacom promo.

Count one and two of the charge read; “That you Egbearo Friday and Akpaibor Samson on or about the 18th of July, 2011 at Benin, Edo State within the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court of Nigeria, conspired among yourselves to commit felony to wit; obtaining money under false pretence and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 8(a) of the Advance Fee Fraud Related Offences Act No.14 of 2006 and punishable under section 1(3) of the same Act.

“That you Egbearo Friday Akpaibor Samson on or about the 18th of July,2011 at Benin, Edo State, within the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court of Nigeria, with intent to defraud, obtained the sum of N80,000,00 (eighty thousand naira only) from one Dr Christopher Onwubuemeli, with Guaranty Trust Bank Account No:0032111326 and Teller No:014488281 under the pretence that he won N2,000,000.00 (Two million naira only) in a purported Globacom Recharge and Win Promo, which pretence you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1(1) (a) & (b) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act No.14 of 2006 and punishable under section 1(3) of the same Act”.

The accused persons pleaded not guilty when the charge was read to them.
The prosecution counsel, Moses Arumeni then asked the court to fix a date for trial. However, C. C. Nweke and I. O. Okenwa, counsel to both the first and second accused persons prayed the court to grant their clients bail.
The court granted the accused persons bail in the sum of two million naira each and a surety with landed properties within the jurisdiction of the court.

The case was adjourned to September 25, 2013 for hearing.

Wilson Uwujaren
Ag. Head, Media & Publicity
19th June, 2013

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/efcc-press-release-efcc-arraigns-two-over-fake-globacom-promo

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by luli4life: 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Picture of the two suspects

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by luli4life: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Picture of the two suspects.

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 20, 2013
DUDE ON THE LEFTS NOSE LOOKS LIKE A PAPER AEROPLANE, OR EVEN A REAL AEROPLANE. ACTUALLY IT LOOKS LIKE A JET FIGHTER.

1 Like

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by fitzmayowa: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2013
Using dubious means to port from poverty will land you jail term...Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by lafuria1(m): 9:42am On Jun 20, 2013
I thought Nigerians are too smart not to fall for that scam.

1 Like

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:43am On Jun 20, 2013
Lobatan!

1 Like

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by ValNweze(m): 9:43am On Jun 20, 2013
Sharp guys...but u reap what u sow sha...I'm sure a reasonable amount of that money ws spent on women...now ur eyes don clear..lols
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by ivili(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2013
There is need for tougher penalties for people like this or this issue of scamming which has now been rubbed on the nigeria idendtity will never stop.
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Linoversace: 9:46am On Jun 20, 2013
A Doctor fell for this Scam...smh!

1 Like

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Evergreen4(m): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2013
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Evergreen4(m): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2013
Hahahaahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhahahaahhaahhaahahaahahahhahahahah, fools trying to make quick money
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Youngmon3Y(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2013
scammer....time up..yoruba go say ojo gbogbo ntoley ojo kan ni to lo hun...everyday for the thief but one day is for the owner.
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by etenyong(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2013
ahahaha, They defraud d man of his 80k, and been ask to bail demself wit 2million each. My Lord, pls its 2much.
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by idonchop: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2013
ValNweze: Sharp guys...but u reap what u sow sha...I'm sure a reasonable amount of that money ws spent on women...now ur eyes don clear..lols

If they were sharp that would not be caught
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by slimyem: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2013
I didn't know people still fall for these kinda scams...undecided

Eni n wafa n wofo!
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by begwong: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2013
obadiah777: DUDE ON THE LEFTS NOSE LOOKS LIKE A PAPER AEROPLANE, OR EVEN A REAL AEROPLANE. ACTUALLY IT LOOKS LIKE A JET FIGHTER.
More of a stealth fighter... grin!
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2013
begwong:
More of a stealth fighter... grin!
RIGHT ? LOL
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by dridowu: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2013
Boiz are not smiling. So sad 4 dm.
Ojo gbogbo ni ti ole , ojo kan ni ti oni ikan (every day is 4 d thief one day is 4 d owner)
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Burger01(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2013
Lexusgs:

Possibly a native Doctor, Dr nah Dr nah !!!!

grin
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by miqos02(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2013
the so called victim should be blamed. he is a greedy man
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Lordave: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2013
so na these !diots dey send me sms say I don win 1billion naira? Ah! They look like they haven't tasted food for the past couple of weeks.
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by shakol91(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2013
Ok we don hear their own, scam for 80k and they are asked to pay 2m each as bail and provide an asset. It's okay,but what of the useless 9ja politicians that has done more than these guys did and are asked to pay less. even some are pardoned. Eg bode judge,former governor of bayelsa, etcOk we don hear their own, scam for 80k and they are asked to pay 2m each as bail and provide an asset. It's okay,but what of the useless 9ja politicians that has done more than these guys did and are asked to pay less. even some are pardoned. Eg bode judge,former governor of bayelsa, etcOk we don hear their own, scam for 80k and they are asked to pay 2m each as bail and provide an asset. It's okay,but what of the useless 9ja politicians that has done more than these guys did and are asked to pay less. even some are pardoned. Eg bode judge,former governor of bayelsa, etc

2 Likes

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by born2fuckpussy: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2013
So Maga dey nigerians too? Why our boys are running to malaysia na? The person who fall tto this scam should also be sentence to 30 days for allege Mugu of section (6) 3a of Nigeria constiution. What is happening to our politicians scamming every nigerians everyday, that is representative scam, if they have to go to prison, everyone who voted them will also have to go to prison. So they are freed. I will become politicians because scam is allow

1 Like

Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by fpeter(f): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2013
The court granted the accused persons bail in the sum of two million naira each and a surety with landed properties within the jurisdiction of the court. shocked lipsrsealed

WHAAAAATTTT? 9ja Judiciary SMH! haba on top 80k?
even the Dr too should be fined for wanting to reap where
he didn't sow and for falling for such cheap trick. Mehn
that 2m bail is ridiculous..if those boys had such money
i bet they wouldn't be doing 419 in the first place.
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Harpesin(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2013
obadiah777: DUDE ON THE LEFTS NOSE LOOKS LIKE A PAPER AEROPLANE, OR EVEN A REAL AEROPLANE. ACTUALLY IT LOOKS LIKE A JET FIGHTER.

i swear grin
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by shakol91(m): 11:01am On Jun 20, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] ojikutu former lagos deputy governor is alleged of #130m fraud, I will need to wait for the outcome of this news...after that I will be able to compare both case together...but pls don't let ojikutu news die half way ooo like others..na ordinary man they witness final judgement for court in 9ja but the rich politician case no dey get final judgement,na adjournment!!! We dey hear...GOD GO HELP REAL 9JAS
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by uchechuwku: 11:38am On Jun 20, 2013
The court granted the accused persons bail in the sum of two million naira each and a surety with landed properties within the jurisdiction of the court.

Now, that was the real scam!!
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2013
I got a message from zenith bank basically my account balance details with N85,560 balance remaining in my account.that I should fill a form in their fake website I should put my details in full. I decided to play along and I even gave him a fake account number and a fake atm number and gave him a fake pin to help me check my account for me that I'm 84years old and my children are not around to help me. After sending the message to my greatest surprise dis guy is on system and quickly reply me that ok madam we will check your account for you ma. He started begging me if he can come over to collect the ATM card attach to my account so that he will check it and return it to me. That is when I knew dis one na small boy sef. LOOOL I don't even have any business with zenith bank.
Re: Two Arraigned Over Fake Globacom Promo by cycline404(m): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
This is funny o they tell people they won N2milla now they grant them bail of N2milla each that is 4milla if not they will be in detention so funny.... After they have been tried who go know how many years they will give them... Men the judge was so brilliant.... Penny Wise Pound Foolish to those guys....

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Slept With My Father Thrice – Son…* The Cont Of The Pressing Iron Issue / Nigerian Shot Dead By 18-yr-old American / 22year Old Female End SARS Protester Charged For Murder (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.