Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession (17653 Views)

Tribunal: Politicians Go Fetish To Win Petitions In Delta / (PICTURE) APC Legislator Caught Contesting In Two States / Madalla Bombing: CP Zakari Biu Suspended Over Escape Of Alleged Mastermind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by ritux: 7:28am On Jun 20, 2013
AKURE — A female member of the Ondo State House of Assembly, Fola Olasehinde was, yesterday, suspended indefinitely for being in possession of fetish objects including miniature coffins.

The suspended member is representing Ose council area of the state constituency.

Her indefinite suspension was announced on the floor of the House by the Deputy Speaker, Dare Emiola after a parliamentary meeting.

Emiola said that the female legislator by her action has brought embarrassment to the Assembly.

Consequently, the leadership of the house, according to him, has set up a five member committee to further probe the allegation against the member by her landlord Chief kolawole Ogunbadejo.

The committee is headed by Fatal Olotu and they are to look into the allegation levied against the lawmaker and report back to the house within the next two weeks.

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ondo-female-legislator-suspended-over-fetish-objects-possession/
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Freewilly(f): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2013
Is that what they call it now "fetish objects" they woman was going juju with dead bodies. What is happening in the Southwest these days.

7 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by shizzle11(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2013
Not surprised at all. Our brothers are known to be very fetish. This is no news

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 20, 2013
Huh? That was how God saved me in 2010 from eating jollof rice prepared with fetish objects under the pot in Ogun state.

The lady in the process of looking for meats from the pot of stew, mistakenly brought out a charm, and luckily my eyes caught it and I declined to take the food.

Ever since then until my POP day, I never ate prepared meals outside no more.

But she was unfortunate to get caught. I bet 99% of our politicians are fetish as well. Hypocrites.

11 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:08am On Jun 20, 2013
From ogun to ekiti, they are all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Gboliwe: 8:15am On Jun 20, 2013
So people can't work again without knocking calabashes together?
The fact that Ondo state didnt make excuses but suspended her tells me there are still sound minded leaders. There is hope afterall.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Freewilly(f): 8:19am On Jun 20, 2013
A friend of the family is serving in Ondo, should I be worried ?
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by AK481(m): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2013
yoruba film teaches only that,she is just representing. grin lipsrsealed cry

13 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by dridowu: 8:30am On Jun 20, 2013
Freewilly: Is that what they call it now "fetish objects" they woman was going juju with dead bodies. What is happening in the Southwest these days.
y dnt u think u properly, y mention south west ? As if ds dnt occur in oda region. Hisssss

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by ritux: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2013
Majority of them are the same, only that God exposed this one. If a woman can do this, that means that their men are tigers in the act. No wonder human spare part market and human sacrifices are rampart in that part of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by dridowu: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2013
Horrible
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by OneNaira6: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2013
it's called Juju. the legislator was holding object that are used for juju in that country we call Nigeria. stop giving it new name jor and drill that woman. I won't be suprised if she's killed human beings jor or even put some parts of it in her miniature coffin. drill that woman. get the answer abeg
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by ojubi(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2013
Her only crime was the contravention of the 11th law 'thou shall not be caught'
I dare to say that 96% of Nigeria politicians are fetish.

5 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Henrypraise: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2013
Her arguement will ran thus: wat abt pple who carry quran n bible to d assembly, ar dey being prosecuted? Den she shud be asked wat religion she filled in her form n if she didn't feel african traditional religion, I move a motion that she shud be relieved of her duty: impeached, sacked or dismembered for providin false information.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2013
ojubi: Her only crime was the contravention of the 11th law 'thou shall not be caught'
*98%

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Brimmie(m): 9:05am On Jun 20, 2013
Ondo State; State That Breeds Bastards Of Yoruba Lineage!! Most Especially Their Governor!!

Dem Suppose Beat Am Join!!
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by fitzmayowa: 9:07am On Jun 20, 2013
Brimmie: Ondo State; State That Breeds Bastards Of Yoruba Lineage!! Most Especially Their Governor!!

I have confirmed reports that the guy above just loaned his brains out. I just wonder why some peeps will just decide to spill thrash, its not by force to comment...Mtscheeew

7 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Iykebestbt(m): 9:08am On Jun 20, 2013
juju power powerless power ooo

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2013
Brimmie: Ondo State; State That Breeds Bastards Of Yoruba Lineage!! Most Especially Their Governor!!

bad belle oshi..
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2013
Too bad. Thought religion has taken away all these. This is one of the reason I don't intend participating in elective politics in Nigeria. Hardly possible not to compromise, if not moral/ethics, it's faith.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2013
Iykebestbt: juju power powerless power ooo
lemme use bante beat u first, then u'll know..

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by fitzmayowa: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2013
Am waiting for some hypocrites to start running their mouth, as if been a pagan is a crime...BTW what happened to freedom of religion If the constitution supports freedom of religion, why the political witch hunt

4 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by moshoodn(m): 9:14am On Jun 20, 2013
What happened to her rights to privacy...

He who is more righteous should cast the first stone!!

Ask these top men, even clerics, they have it in abundance!!!

Let us all draw a line in the sand and decide where to stand.... God or Satan.

Its our call; each to his own.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by passionate88: 9:19am On Jun 20, 2013
Women!. God help us o. Help the male folks. Jst this week see story: woman born pikin throw am for toilet, nw na legislator with miniature coffins. True true women no wan hear again. Behind every succesful woman there myt be juju involved.
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2013
Igbos hate us too much. grin

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by arabanibaba: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2013
THE landlord is a member of opposition party

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by wellmax(m): 9:23am On Jun 20, 2013
Ogbonaikenna: From ogun to ekiti, they are all the same.

I guess those who suspended her must be from your part of the country.

ojubi: [s]Her only crime was the contravention of the 11th law 'thou shall not be caught[/s]'

True
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by abdulaz: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2013
Juju tins, as if other members of the house are innocent including the dep speaker that is passing sentence. Protect urself by any means without killing.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Tedpgrass: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2013
Hmm.
Interesting,

Hopefully the drama sorts itself out...

Then moves onto House and the Senate in Abuja....
And members of the top elite ruling class!!!
Then real progress and peace take centre-stage,
not the pandemonium we regularly observe

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2013
De woman na nmeeeeeeeeee shocked she no get secret!! Smll tin she no fit hide tongue
Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by ballabriggs: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2013
Jarus: Too bad. Thought religion has taken away all these. This is one of the reason I don't intend participating in elective politics in Nigeria. Hardly possible not to compromise, if not moral/ethics, it's faith.

What is bad about this? If it is acceptable to take my Bible and Quran about, why is it not acceptable to take my offor around?

This is creating unnecessary and dangerous stereotypes. Who terms one good and the other bad? Answer is Christianity and Islam says that is bad and theirs is good.

What if the Ifa man says Christianity and Islam is evil, could he be wrong?

Her suspension should be lifted with immediate effect. This is complete nonsense and discriminatory. We should promote diversity and equality and not a society were people are stereotyped for their beliefs.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession by slimyem: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2013
What has that got to do with legislation?
Did she bring the juju or coffins to their meetings?Isn't that her personal life?
Was anything incriminating found in the coffins?How is this a crime?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

All Government Institutions Are Corrupt – Osinbajo / Wike Orders Prosecution Of Asita Okorie Over Murder Of Corper / Buhari Has Failed Nigerians – sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.