Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

What Lurks In The Dark - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Lurks In The Dark (32856 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / The Dark Tommorow / The Dark Side Of “christ Embassy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2013
2AM...THURSDAY

I saw my self running like the sudden launch of a rocket from earth to space...running from a familiar evil to one I never knew...it was later in life I believed that evil transcends evil. as I kept running in this thick bush like an animal sorting for its prey it then dawned on me that I wasn't running alone, we all were running, running from.....

I suddenly paused.  where are they? adrenaline had captivated me so much that every one ran for their lives. All around me was thick darkness and bushes way taller than i. I paused to examine where I was. it was so quite like a graveyard, the tenor crickets were pitching their highest notes..

.an owl arround the corner was making a terrible sound, I suddenly looked up only to discover that I was under a mighty old tree, its leaves were so thick that I couldn't see the stars, the only stars I saw were two horrible illuminators... I almost fainted when I discovered that it was the eyes of the owl...I don't know what she was saying but it sounded like "you will soon be doomed". with a beautiful soprano that whispered nothing but doom. I began feeling uneasy like nature was against me...I turned again...

I couldn't understand what was happening. we were running and now I'm alone.  where is everybody? where did they go?  my heart had been pounding with blood when I was running, but this time it pounded with fear, every beat so heavy like a million machine gun firring at once. my legs froze, I couldn't move...a hot sweat swept gently down my spine...

suddenly...
I heard a scream from a distance..."NOOOOO!!!!"    I wanted to run and see what is lurking in the darkness, when my share of evil suddenly arrived... i heard heavy footsteps pounding the earth towards me...although I'm seventeen, as an extrovert I had some guts coupled with my little experience in taekwando...but all that wasn't coming, my confidence melted like ice...

Two questions were on my mind;
where do I run to? behind was a heavy footstep approaching too bold to be one of us. ahed was a scream too scary to approach.

what monster lies in the dark, behind me and ahead!
if I keep running where will I get to?
a place I've never known! 

JUST AGAIN...
I heard a scream a little lesser than the first "ahhh!!!...." it echoed. at once I knew what was most important was saving myself and not trying to help. as I was about running ahed at least close enough to where the sound was emanating from to understand the scene...the heavy steps behind me became faster, with voices that sounded like an earthquake...I suddenly tiptoed from beneath the tree to some more thicker bush steps away so I could see if he was part of us

....as I squat and tried to look back to see the owner of the heavy feet approaching it was like I was lots wife looking back...just like she felt the hand of God I felt the hand of a man....a very heavy blow like the collapsing of rocks landed on the back of my head...I saw a verythickdarkness...I passed out....

BACK TO LIFE....
  I struggled to open my eyes when I began seeing angels in whites...oh the glory overwhelmed me I felt I was in heaven already...I was eager to hear the hallelujah chorus. from the mouth of a million angels with the finest voice I've ever had...but my joy was short lived.

I heard a vibrating iron voice from behind...
"WHO ARE YOU?"  .
WHAT?
it was then I saw reality as it is.....watch out for part 2

4 Likes

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
EPISODE TWO!!!

>who are you?

the words broke down my fantasies and at once all the angels in heaven disappeared. During my days in high school my english teacher, Mr.Francis Akpan, had always said 'theres a difference between what is ideal and what is real, reality is a scumbag while ideality is our fantasies'. western education is so abstract! -all of a sudden my eyes opened to reality...the scumbag...understood what my teacher said, and now more clearly...I saw more illusion...

I was lying on my back with my face to the roof. the roof was white and sparkling, made of well polished 'plaster of paris' just like home. it was a clean celling that I had seen it as heaven. the celling was so far from the ground that I felt like I was looking at the skies...tiny bulbs stood beaming from the roof, with a three hand gigantic bulb at the centre.  In mili seconds I observed the big bulb...
three hands...
each hand was seprate from each other...
on each hand were six bulbs...
a hand made of gold held it to the celling...in such that if you take my position, you would clearly see six bulbs in three places...the mathematics was clear...666....

looking at the bulb from my position I saw a bright object at the centre of the bulb, that is where the bulbs divide into three parts...in it I saw in a glance a rough image that looked like the face of an owl...
still in few seconds, -I began to wonder if I was hallucinating.....
I was in a magnificiet building obviously but where exactly am I?
out of fear from what I supposed I saw in the bulb I quickly threw my face to the left...the horror was too great for me from evil to evil. as my head turned to the left I saw the most scary thing of my life...
first of all I saw two shinning light ...
no! it wasn't light it was something else, something more familiar...something more recent...see I knew what it was but it took me time to believe the relations of things...

a five feet tall image of an enormous animal, looking so ferocious! its eyes were made of two shinning material that looke like gold or rather diamond...my heart skipped a bit....an owl?

As my eyes met this fearful object I remembered the owl I saw at the forest...and her mocking tune, it was like I heard those words again....
you are doomed!  it kept ringing in my mind...
where the hell am I!
I'm lost, I was taken hostage and now an absurd voice that sounded like the thunder and metals striking together is asking....
"who are you"
'i should be asking that question snofabitches!' I felt my mind screaming...
as I turned to face the voice...I saw a familiar face...
  I was on a wooly carpet with three three-seaters surrounding me like three metres apart...
  three men sat each on a three-seater...
but I was in a position that I could see them all at a glance...
I placed my hands on the wooly carpet and dragged my self to a sitting position...

the first face I set my eyes on was the familiar face...it bothered me soo much...but still it gave me a link of how I got into this place of misery, mystery and evil!!!
as I was about to saw a word...the man right in my front that looked like the chief of this edifice...interjected!
"who are you!" his voice was baratonic in nature but this time more friendly and soft.
I felt like was the subject in my oga at the top interview...
  but I could not say something...and...I could not categorically lift my lips...but my right hand like a reflex went up...and out of confusion I said. "waith..."
>"please let me go...I don't know who you are too". I didn't know where the boldness came from. these men were well built with black faces like the buttocks of the australopithecus...their faces were as strong as iron...
the all wore overalls in dark colours...
but the chief was on a bowlar hat, with a black spectacle in his hand...
      SILENCE BREADTH FOR FEW SECONDS
    suddenly the sanguis in me that made me a sanguine, began to manifest...
  I looked at the familiar face with hate and disgust...
"where is sandra?" I asked with lips pouted as if I could threaten him...
  "I thought you heard her scream...she is dead"
"you rutheless sucker!!!" I didn't know when I said that all my hairs were already upright, sanguis pomped heavily through my veins, at once I felt like strangulating him!
   the chief looked at me...then above my head...his eyeballs swiftly went left thrice...
and suddenly...
GBOAHHHGRRR
  a heavy metal hand from my back gave me the hottest slap of my life...as the slap came I managed to hear a sentence from the chief...
"if not that you were chosen I would have crushed your bones...foool!!!"
  I saw stars...this time it was brighter than heaven...and THE EYES OF AN OWL!!!   episode three comes in 2 nights from naw...stay tuned!!!

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:49am On Jun 22, 2013
EPISODE 3!!!

IT...
was so sudden, so hot, and I was sure it would leave a resounding memory all through my life; well that is if I even have the future to explain. None of my thoughts was certain, the place I was was uncertain, infact I began doubting my existence, for an episode of wild dreams! All of a sudden the questions of the epistemologists came banging into my head; is there something you know of certain that cannot be doubted?

A metalic finger from my attacker had touched the unclothedness of  my eyes...<>the world all of a sudden was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep!

As I dug my big head into my palms as a result of instant reflex, the words of the chief decrypted slowly in my mind. if not that you were chosen I should have crushed your bones.

my bones? chosen? should have?   those words rang a bell in my head. I began breaking the words to understand clearly....
'bones'  instinct at once told me that a person with a crushed bone is a dead man. dead? I would have been killed? are these guys serial killers? are they goin to kill me?  I heard my mind say NO! then what?

As the second word came into my head, I froze and all the hairs of my body was at attetion 'you were chosen'  chosen? how!  by who?  I was chosen out of death, and there must be a job for me to do. something to do? what is it then? rituals flashed my mind once but the thoughts were too heavy for my mind to conceive. I discarded it right away.

While thinking the last word came <>'i should have' he should have killed me or rather they should have, just like they killed Sandra. Oh my Sandra, I hope you are not dead, but if you are whoever did that will pay with his life for I shall love you even in death. I heard my mind mocking me with no pity at all, just like Jesus on the cross 'save yourself first! if really you can'

It just took me few seconds to recover from the heavy slap. As I raised my head to look at the chief, I saw stars at first, then gradually the sight became clearer, and clearer.

I turned and looked at the familiar face, I knew him well, he was the major plot, my mind rose with hate but helplessness as well.
As my mind was about to take a flight to the past the heavy metal glass-panneled door behind me cracked. I looked back again, the last time I looked back earned me my present situation, that's how I was stolen from the bush with force into this house that is no house but a nightmare!  and this time it was bad omen, instinct was sure. But I still looked back at the door, my face backing the three hefty guys, waiting for what is coming.
I began hearing voices, manly grunts and chatterings. I looked harder, more concerned, whatever was coming didn't look good at all.

The door was really big, well its expected in such a big edifice like this. It was obvious that I was in the sitting room, the first room as you enter the building. The owls image still startled me as I kept hearing her voice of doom in my mind...her music of mockery and sarcasm. Her big image still stood beside the door. of all creatures an owl? I was bothered, what the hell am I into! I screamed in my mind.
it was just then it occured to me that two smaller vultures were carved just beside her.

vultures had always been the animal that I hated so much, especially among birds. I don't know how it happened my eyes came down to the carpet I was sitting on, it was a centre carpet it had a VULTURE painted on it. I almost jumped out of it, I was begining to feel terrible, id previously tried to calm down. just again my eyes went to a big wallpaper that was paste high up, about hundred yards from the sculpture it was also a vullture. infact at once my memory was distorted, the image I saw in the shinning material at the centre of the 666 MAGNIFICIENT BULB WAS A VULTURE NOT AN OWL!  the two related soo much...
666 with a mystery vulture at the centre! I quivered.
but what is the significance of all these scary birds? questioned in my mind. just as I was trying to explore more vulture pictures the door cracked open...another three men entered. all muscular, 5 feet tall, looking like the area fathers, the DRACCULARS!!!

At first I thought I had seen just three men, yes they were...but a tear, and another tear, and a shower of tear welled my eyes...the first face I saw was SANDRA, you don't understand!

the first man that entered the room opened the door for a man with a tray, the last closed the door behind him walking to a particular door Id not previously noticed. as my eyebals followed them I discouvered again that the door they were heading to had a high relief sculpture on it,with an engraved hungry vulture!!!
but that was little fear compared to the three familiar heads I saw drained of their own blood in the tray, with dimmed eyes like spoilt beans!
Sandra was one of them!

I stared with unbelieve my eyes welling with streams of tears, my body soaked with sweat of fear, I was shivering like a God forsaken chicken under the august rain...

vultures every where!
owls singing my doom,
all I can do is stare,
as I watch my lovers doom.
what is here, but hell?
,more miseries fear.
what is here but hell?
more mysteries I care!!!

I looked at chief, and my mind said his previous words
if not that you were chosen...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:20am On Jul 03, 2013
AS I LOOKED AT THE THREE HEADS IN THE TRAY...
I considered chief's word again, picturing him in his bowlar hat and black overalls...
                  if not that you were chosen!

The word rang in my mind like a rock-splitting thunder of fury from sango, the god of thunder himself!
As the word yet rang, I fixed my eyes In rapt focus, in attempt to have a shabby glance at what the room they were entering looked like.

They entered the room with their back. The room was at a corner end of the big parlour where I sat.
It was such that as you enter the main parlour you just go straight ahed.

As the door opened I tried to peep into it, but I didn't see what I wanted to see. All I saw was a passage painted white and well illuminated, or maybe that's what it appeared to be. what was I expecting to see afterall? cadaver?

The question was why did the first two persons enter with their backs? as I looked critically into their actions I discovered another strange thing about the building; there was a gallery high above my head opposite the door they entered. I couldn't have easily noticed, because it was a bit far behind me, above the door to the end of the line.The owl's figure had stolen my attention when I turned to look backwards towards the door.
it appeared that he was communicating to some one high above in the gallery. it suddenly dawned on me that I had no idea what an edifice I'm in, and the number of people in...but I was sure of one thing....

The thoughts of how I got into this horror began rushing into my brain..
As I looked into the familiar face....
it was so sudden...
as if the familiar face gave the gateway...
The thoughts EXPLODED!!!

MONDAY...08:45pm

"Dad I'm travelling to Lagos tomorrow". I said as I sunk heavilly into the sofa beside him.

"GOOOOOOOOOALLLLLL" He shouted, jubilating with Nigeria over their fifth goal against Thaiti, in the Brazil 2013 Confederation cup. My dad is such an ardent lover of football. I knew he hadn't just snobbed me, but sometimes football just hangs at the door of our ears that everything arround us becomes DUMB!

Although football was facinating to me, the thought of leaving Kaduna for Lagos was more facinating, it was time I saw what people had said about the city of Lagos with my eyes, not imaginations or via a screen.

"Dad, I said I'm travelling to Lagos tomorrow, I've called Aunty Bimbo..."
"I've called her myself". He interjected.
He had told me to call her in the morning before leaving for work, but one thing he tries to abscond from is failure, especially with my constant forgetfulness most times when I'm sent on trival errands. But this was different! my trip to Lagos wasn't like trival errands it was important!!!

"David!" mom shouted from the kitchen.
my little sister could never provide sufficient help for her, she's always needing my help; one reason why I need to run out of kaduna. Aunt Bimbo will pamper me beyond imaginations! I thought...<em>but I could not see the future...oh mortal men, why are ye so blind!</em>

that night we had finalized all the arrangements for my trip. Aunty Biodun had said she would be travelling to the United States by wednessday afternoon, and if I must travel I must leave the next day.

no! it wasn't so, my doom was well planned!!!

I could not make it. The college i'd just finished from brought a sudden information that I'm to be presented an award by the governor of Kaduna, as the best student in an essay we wrote, a year ago(ss3 as at then)
organised by the governors wife...
they complained of trying to reach me all this while...
the presentation was the next day..
I could not miss it...just like destiny couldn't miss me.

I had to schedule a night journey, another dream was being fulfilled, a night bus travel...I was so excited...

WEDNESSDAY. 8pm
    It was the brightest day of my life, after the prize giving and the warm shake from the governor of the state. my parents were soo proud of me that the last thing they would suggest is cancelling my trip to Lagos.

Dad and mom drove me in our new pathfinder jeep, I was sure, that it was sure that I would surely miss our little idol.
    As we moved towards Television district(kaduna) arround the railway that links dirrectly to the west, we were soo disappointed to miss the luxurious bus.
I felt a bit bad at first, but when we we discovered a fourteen seater bus going our dirrection, and about leaving , it brought hope ...

mom was soo excited I could remember.
"oh this is the mercies of God!" she had said

I wish she knew it was the mercies of the devil!!! 

That was where I met the familiar face.  I jumped out of my thoughts to look at the face with more rage...
and then it was like he knew the next line of my thoughts...
like a defence against the next line...he said with all indifference
"I am not a rapist, I am not gay, I am just a pervert who wants to feel death!"

I understood that very well, it was clear as crystal.

I began to understand the mysteries that happened in the bus...the horror...the race...my capture!
I froze...it was just as planned...
for the men of EVIL!!!

EPISODE 5 COMES SOON.EAGER? CHECK THE BLOG!
iill appreciate your comments im a young writer....

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
EPISODE FIVE

"I'm not a rapist, not gay, I am just a pervert awaiting death"

As I looked into the familiar face, and watch the words jump out, It was as if I could really see it...
I saw myself looking more than into his face,
but into the words...
as I looked into the words...
it exploded...

in death everything becomes clear, but what indeed is death?
death is clossing you eyes and finding yourself in another world...
A world you never have been too, where everything is different...
Heaven or hell!  I knew where I was...
at once I subscribed to death...
afterall there's no difference by my definition.

As I looked into those words I knew he talked of a girl I love soo much...
a girl I would miss soo much...
A girl I couldn't save allthough I heard her scream...
Yet she had screamed her love to me...
she said her name was,
SANDRA!!!

WEDNESSDAY. 8:30pm

My mom was the last person I hugged before I entered the new Toyota Haice fourteen seater bus.
No matter the fun I was anticipating in Lagos, leaving home still triggered in me that emotional hormone called, epinephrine

As I was about to bend my head to enter the small bus, I turned back to wave my pretty younger sister, vera. Her beauty was trully stunning!
I've always tried to protect her from the prying eyes of pleasure configured boys</em>, whose ministry is female destruction...

After waving my sister, I bowed to enter and take my <em>lucky one chance...as I pryed at my seat, I saw that it was pitched in the most beautiful garden in the world...
how else would I explain it when next to me was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in the world...
I remembered creation,
Adam and Eve...my first thought was...
hey this is the bone of my bones!

As I beheld her beauty from the door, love at first sight blinded my eyes, It didn't even occur to me that I didn't bow my head well, her beauty was what I focused on, seating right on the back seat.

It was soo hard an accident against the top of the door, my fore head bruised and a strong wave of spontenous powerful excruciating pain, swept through my veins, like electric current, in reflex I flinched backwards, the temptation to hold my head and start sobbing came strongly. But the presence of that beautiful girl in the bus was so influential, I need to show manhood before her, that I'm no kid, like every male would feel before a female he's attracted to.

The begining of my suprices was in the remorse from everyone; everyone said 'sorry', but a sonorous tiny and piercing voice from the back seat made it two words.

"sorry dear"

My head felt like a fermented excreta...expanding and and contracting with wealthy fat worms crawling in their holy white apparel, releasing happy bubbles...
well, it would have only amounted to insignificance, if it were from someone else.

I entered the bus and sat right beside her, as our legs grazed, I knew we needed water to quench this rising inferno! 

I threw my face out from the window, and waved my mom and little sister bye. For once I saw a girl of more stunning beauty than my sister, and she seats right beside me, and so shall it be for the next ten hours, I was moved to say 'thank' you to God, although I didn't really know why. (winks)

The engine of the bus roared gently, from a slow initial drive...to a faster cruise, and then a crazy ZOOM!
The journey had just begun...I closed the windows gently, as the driver switched on the A/C...
the journey started well like most journeys that end up in a ditch!

I turned my head gently to the left to find the eye of the girl that sat as a diva right beside me. Its usually true that beauty at a distance is often contradicted at a close space scrutiny, but no! hers was emphasised at a close reach...my heart skipped a beat.

As my eyes were gradually trying to meet hers, and as her head moved right like the rising of the sun towards mine, my eyes instead met with the guy next to her. we were three at the back seat, with her in the middle. As our eyes met I saw something in his eyes that I could not explain, he looked at me like I was some food for him to eat.

"I'm David, may I meet you" I said to the girl, with my best natural accent.

"I'm Sandra" she said with a tiny smile that emphasised her dimples; on both cheeks.  "hope your head didn't hurt soo much?" she. completed.

"no it didn't hurt, afterall you caused it" I said with a chuckle.

she smiled "how?"

"I was stunned by your beauty, and was wondering if there was a heaven break out, like a prison break, of oustanding angels" I smiled, one part of my mind saying this is too early

"well good for you. Next time you would not stare for soo long again"

"actually I was following orders from my pastor, he said when we see a beautiful girl on the streets we should look just once, else the second look would amount to lust. That day I made up my mind to make the best use of my one chance, and keep my eyes focused...and look...keep looking...not looking away, untill I'm satisfied, in order not to look twice". as I was cracking the joke I was praying it would work...

"funny you" she said laughing softly.
at once I knew it worked, euphoria filled my heart.
My confidence started to grow, and I knew that as long a this bus is concerned, she will be mine through out the trip...
well that was my thought as a mortal man...

we went fine, and in no time we were good together....
"may I have your hand?" I asked her politely

SILENCE

she turned and looked sraight into my eyes, my confidence shook.
like a big shock her finger touched my lips softly, as she whispered..
"you don't have to ask, be a man"

The words shook my confidence like an earthquake, but it impacted into me fire!  I held her hands, and placed it on my laps...
something happened but it was not obvious
our face turned to each other...
hell was in between us...
our lips drew close...
something was happening to me on the inside...
my legs grazed hers...
her shoe scratched the floor...
our lips were five centimetre apart...
four centemetre...
three centimetre...
two centimetre...
one centimetre...
I knew what was about to happen was terrible...
0.5 centimetre...
I could see the fire burning in my eyes right inside hers....
as our lips almost grazed...
A strong barratone voice sounded...
"children, this is not an hotel!" he didn't even say it softly, he shouted it to the hearings of almost all passengers in the bus. 

I turned, it was the man that sat beside her. My heart burned with rage not because I missed the first kiss of my life but the word 'children' and the open rebuke, every one turned behind, I tried to look into their eyeballs to show boldness, but every one were looking somewhere...
my trouser...
I looked down, and I knew she must be ashamed of me...
but she whispered a word to me...
"you are a man..."
I was stunned!

"Have your seat" chairmans voice came resounding into my ears, he pointed the couch where MR Familiar sat. He had just interupted my thoughts,
like mr Familiar interrupted my romance with Sandra.

Mr familiar was the man that sat beside me in the bus.
As I looked at the sofa, where I was to seat beside him, I had the feeling that Sandra will come back to life and seat beside us. 

A TINY TEAR WELLED DOWN MY EYES....
SANDRA...

In the windows of my imginations,
I see us lost in attractions...

I could not continue the poem in my heart...
ANOTHER TEAR FELL...
MAKING TWO,
ONE FOR ME, AND ONE FOR SANDRA!!!
my heart went black!

watchout for episode SIX!!!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
EPISODE FIVE

"I'm not a rapist, not gay, I am just a pervert awaiting death"

As I looked into the familiar face, and watch the words jump out, It was as if I could really see it...
I saw myself looking more than into his face,
but into the words...
as I looked into the words...
it exploded...

in death everything becomes clear, but what indeed is death?
death is clossing you eyes and finding yourself in another world...
A world you never have been too, where everything is different...
Heaven or hell!  I knew where I was...
at once I subscribed to death...
afterall there's no difference by my definition.

As I looked into those words I knew he talked of a girl I love soo much...
a girl I would miss soo much...
A girl I couldn't save allthough I heard her scream...
Yet she had screamed her love to me...
she said her name was,
SANDRA!!!

WEDNESSDAY. 8:30pm

My mom was the last person I hugged before I entered the new Toyota Haice fourteen seater bus.
No matter the fun I was anticipating in Lagos, leaving home still triggered in me that emotional hormone called, epinephrine

As I was about to bend my head to enter the small bus, I turned back to wave my pretty younger sister, vera. Her beauty was trully stunning!
I've always tried to protect her from the prying eyes of pleasure configured boys</em>, whose ministry is female destruction...

After waving my sister, I bowed to enter and take my <em>lucky one chance...as I pryed at my seat, I saw that it was pitched in the most beautiful garden in the world...
how else would I explain it when next to me was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in the world...
I remembered creation,
Adam and Eve...my first thought was...
hey this is the bone of my bones!

As I beheld her beauty from the door, love at first sight blinded my eyes, It didn't even occur to me that I didn't bow my head well, her beauty was what I focused on, seating right on the back seat.

It was soo hard an accident against the top of the door, my fore head bruised and a strong wave of spontenous powerful excruciating pain, swept through my veins, like electric current, in reflex I flinched backwards, the temptation to hold my head and start sobbing came strongly. But the presence of that beautiful girl in the bus was so influential, I need to show manhood before her, that I'm no kid, like every male would feel before a female he's attracted to.

The begining of my suprices was in the remorse from everyone; everyone said 'sorry', but a sonorous tiny and piercing voice from the back seat made it two words.

"sorry dear"

My head felt like a fermented excreta...expanding and and contracting with wealthy fat worms crawling in their holy white apparel, releasing happy bubbles...
well, it would have only amounted to insignificance, if it were from someone else.

I entered the bus and sat right beside her, as our legs grazed, I knew we needed water to quench this rising inferno! 

I threw my face out from the window, and waved my mom and little sister bye. For once I saw a girl of more stunning beauty than my sister, and she seats right beside me, and so shall it be for the next ten hours, I was moved to say 'thank' you to God, although I didn't really know why. (winks)

The engine of the bus roared gently, from a slow initial drive...to a faster cruise, and then a crazy ZOOM!
The journey had just begun...I closed the windows gently, as the driver switched on the A/C...
the journey started well like most journeys that end up in a ditch!

I turned my head gently to the left to find the eye of the girl that sat as a diva right beside me. Its usually true that beauty at a distance is often contradicted at a close space scrutiny, but no! hers was emphasised at a close reach...my heart skipped a beat.

As my eyes were gradually trying to meet hers, and as her head moved right like the rising of the sun towards mine, my eyes instead met with the guy next to her. we were three at the back seat, with her in the middle. As our eyes met I saw something in his eyes that I could not explain, he looked at me like I was some food for him to eat.

"I'm David, may I meet you" I said to the girl, with my best natural accent.

"I'm Sandra" she said with a tiny smile that emphasised her dimples; on both cheeks.  "hope your head didn't hurt soo much?" she. completed.

"no it didn't hurt, afterall you caused it" I said with a chuckle.

she smiled "how?"

"I was stunned by your beauty, and was wondering if there was a heaven break out, like a prison break, of oustanding angels" I smiled, one part of my mind saying this is too early

"well good for you. Next time you would not stare for soo long again"

"actually I was following orders from my pastor, he said when we see a beautiful girl on the streets we should look just once, else the second look would amount to lust. That day I made up my mind to make the best use of my one chance, and keep my eyes focused...and look...keep looking...not looking away, untill I'm satisfied, in order not to look twice". as I was cracking the joke I was praying it would work...

"funny you" she said laughing softly.
at once I knew it worked, euphoria filled my heart.
My confidence started to grow, and I knew that as long a this bus is concerned, she will be mine through out the trip...
well that was my thought as a mortal man...

we went fine, and in no time we were good together....
"may I have your hand?" I asked her politely

SILENCE

she turned and looked sraight into my eyes, my confidence shook.
like a big shock her finger touched my lips softly, as she whispered..
"you don't have to ask, be a man"

The words shook my confidence like an earthquake, but it impacted into me fire!  I held her hands, and placed it on my laps...
something happened but it was not obvious
our face turned to each other...
hell was in between us...
our lips drew close...
something was happening to me on the inside...
my legs grazed hers...
her shoe scratched the floor...
our lips were five centimetre apart...
four centemetre...
three centimetre...
two centimetre...
one centimetre...
I knew what was about to happen was terrible...
0.5 centimetre...
I could see the fire burning in my eyes right inside hers....
as our lips almost grazed...
A strong barratone voice sounded...
"children, this is not an hotel!" he didn't even say it softly, he shouted it to the hearings of almost all passengers in the bus. 

I turned, it was the man that sat beside her. My heart burned with rage not because I missed the first kiss of my life but the word 'children' and the open rebuke, every one turned behind, I tried to look into their eyeballs to show boldness, but every one were looking somewhere...
my trouser...
I looked down, and I knew she must be ashamed of me...
but she whispered a word to me...
"you are a man..."
I was stunned!

"Have your seat" chairmans voice came resounding into my ears, he pointed the couch where MR Familiar sat. He had just interupted my thoughts,
like mr Familiar interrupted my romance with Sandra.

Mr familiar was the man that sat beside me in the bus.
As I looked at the sofa, where I was to seat beside him, I had the feeling that Sandra will come back to life and seat beside us. 

A TINY TEAR WELLED DOWN MY EYES....
SANDRA...

In the windows of my imginations,
I see us lost in attractions...

I could not continue the poem in my heart...

ANOTHER TEAR FELL...
MAKING TWO,
ONE FOR ME, AND ONE FOR SANDRA!!!
my heart went black!

watchout for episode SIX!!!
jayloyexten.
i wellcome your comments

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
silent readers....i knw u dere

im gonna kip posting anyway
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Slickest(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ur not puttin me on d edge of ma seat!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
I was flabberwhelmed by the sudden gesture of hospitality.  Some criminals treat hostages quite fine, all I could do was hope these guys will pre-empt the good ones. 

There was a very strong feeling I should have felt all this while;  it is the fact that my life is in their hands...

what of a prayer to God?
the thought came like a traffic!

I've not been soo much a religious boy, all my life. 
My parents had less time for church activities; they were bussiness inclined.  The most thrilling aspect of my church was our General Overseer, Pastor.Salami Jacobs.  A man filled with power and anoiting.

The aspect I love about him was the gymnastics, his powerful well constructed english, his powerful tongue like that of the angels.  Infact once he waves his hand especially in any of our delliverance programmes we fall under anoiting, and you'll see the church collapsing like a BOKO HARAM infested room.

The first time I fell, I fell on a beautiful girl, body on body, she had chuckled under the anointing, that probbly God was speaking to us.
id asked her.
what did he say
she chuckled again and said
probably you are the one for me
I was stuned.
Then I was only fourteen. as she said those words, my trouser began turning to flames, before something happened. I stood up from her, her pefume was great...it was every where....
All through the service that blessed day,
we were eachother pastors...grooping in the shackles of a powerful infatuation.
funny enough,
I got my first love under the anointing!

My parents were soo thrilled when they heard of his exploits in town. Previouly we were going to a very rigid church with archaic doctrines, the standard was to high for my parents, so we fled...

Pastor Salami was more lively and thrilling.  Most times when we have deliverance service at Abuja, I was most xcited because I knew I would get some little flirting with girls....that was the most exciting part!

"sit down" chief said calmly.

As I stood up I felt my bones cracking, I stood sluggishly smart, just like the taekwando move.
I heard my trainners voice...
sit upright, cross your legs, place your elbow on your kneels...stand up, your hands must not touch the ground. </em>I followed the instructions.

Although my heart was heavy and pounding with fear concurrently, I didn't know if I should play the hard guy or the soft guy. But in all my soso mood had no face!

As my bony ass sank into the velvety sofa beside Mr. Familiar, it made reminisence of the last sofa I sat...
the night event...
the bus...of mystery!

The man that gave me the hottest slap of my life, was now beside me, standing like my right man.
As our eyes met he looked at me as if I was some sort of food. The look ws familiar, that was the same way Mr.Familiar looked at me in the bus...
but this one was worse,
he licked his lips, saliva rushing down his oesophagus..the first thought that came to me was...
GAY SHIT MEHN!

I knew I was handsome, girls had showed me by their actions uncountable times...
Sandra was the last to show I was irresistable! (winks
But some how I knew it was a bit far from it...
then the words of Mr.Famiiar struck my mind again...

I'm not a rapist, I'm not gay, I'm just a pervert who wants to feel death

I had a feeling that it was true of them all. I took my eyes away.

"who do you think we are?" chief said calmly.

I relocated my buttocks on the chair. what a question!
I ran my eyes through the three men, they were not smilling but calm, nooding their heads that I should give it a try. they knew I had seen the heads in the tray...and id been told that Sandra was dead...what else?

a catalogue of horrible suggestions flooded my mind
murderers,
serial killers,
ritualists,
can...

as I was yet to complete the last thought, chief gave a wicked smile,  "let me give you a clue?"

I nodded in dismay.

"volturis sanguis"
they all smiled, griing at ech other.

As I heard the word at once I knew it wasn't english at all!
I knew I had seen that writting somewhere but I could not pinpoint at the moment.
It bothered me soo much.

I  tried looking into the word again in an attempt to break into the meaning...
volturis sanguis...
it sounded like vulture and sanguine.
I knew sangine was a temprament and vulture an animal whose picture was all over this room.
I knew sanguine was an extroverted person like me,
but I was still a bit confused.
suddenly, a bell rang in my mind...
a sanguine vulture!
>ooops! violence plus violence is a mighty disaster.! my heart skiped a beat.

A voice interrupted my thoughts from the gallery upstairs...

"capon!  pastor Salami Jacobs is on his way, down the tunnel"

I knew that he was adressing chief, capon any how was a bad word.  it means a castrated chicken!
But most guys enjoy being called that, thinking its the coolest name for a gangster.

the phrase 'pastor salami Jacobs is on his way'. rang a mighty bell in my mind...

immediately I was very happy...
then...
misery dawned...
MY MIND JUMPED INTO CONFUSSION!

WATCH OUT FOR EPISODE 7
              love you my friends!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
hmm...
im happy you there...
thanks...
il tighten my suspence...
get ready to jump out of ur chair!
lool
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
EPISODE SEVEN

"capon, pastor Salami Jacobs is on his way, down the tunnel!"

As the words echoed down the gallery, it echoed more powerfully In my mind. The thought of seeing hope close to me was a bit welcoming...
but the thought that Pastor Salami Jacobs was a part of this mess, was a messy idea.

well maybe its not the person I'm thinking...maybe...I...I...em...
I knew I shouldn't bother my self much about the thought, very soon it will be...
>res ipsa loquitur< that is to say the facts will speak for themselves! 
I killed the thought in a wild aspiration of what seemed impossible.

Like a sudden rush of molten magma out of the earth, an idea popped out of my mind.
how could I have missed a clue to my escape out of this unknown habitation. A clue was right in front of me but I could not see it.

the words echoed clearly now, well filtered.

>"down the tunnel"

so there is a tunnel?
I knew that a door leads to a normal house like ours, but if a tunnel leads to a house then it must be abnormal and difficult to locate.  I knew even if atall God was to send help the mouth of a tunnel somewhere in a thick bush would be the last idea.
but which God am I talking of here?
the God of Pastor Salami Jacobs?
I took a deep breadth.

As if God heard my mind disputting...
suddenly my groin started vibrating. No! it wasn't just my groin vibrating, it was something around my groin.
I had to keep calm, because I knew I had eyes like paparazzi all arround me, waiting for me to break. 'volturis sanguis' I knew I must keep calm.

The stuff vibrated like a vibrator, the whole of my groin was like a generator house.
I tried to contain it. I placed my hands gently on my groin, the vibration was like a locomotor, with intermittent pauses.
whatever it was, must be kept from these monsters.
the way the stuff got there was an incidence I don't wish to remember now...
the pains...the feign...the betrayal! oh no!

I remember how in that terrible event I slipped my mobile fone in the pocket of my boxers, yet when I passed out no one thought of checking me out...
or probably they did, but could no get into my top security groin...(smiles)

After a short while the vibration stopped, the calm in my groin was great, I felt relieved.

The man beside me said something, but I didn't care to know what it was.
maybe if I had listened what happened in my future would not have happened.

my mind went back to my phone shaking vehemently in my groins, someone must have been trying my mobile.
the first thought that came to my mind was soo stupid
SANDRA
oh damn it sandra is dead. the stronger part of my mind interjected immediately.

Probably my dad would have being trying to connect, at least to know how my journey has been moving. The carring man would not sleep until he is sure I'm breathing the fresh moisture laden air in Lagos. unfortunately all he can do is call, not cuddle.
He may try to check on me, but he is just a mere mortal that cannot check on fate!

'poor you'. I muttered adressing my dad, but I saw the words boomeranging towards my dirrection.
we're both victims of an inevitable fate.

My dad is quite influential and I know for sure once he smells a rat...he goes for the rat poison!

At once I felt my urine bag screaming for overload.  I need a lavatory! but, how on earth will I develop the guts to tell these men that I want to piss?

The weather in the room was a bit cold, as cold as death!  I knew there was a powerful airconditioner in the room.  I was not too padded against cold. I wore a pencil jeans with a small suede shoe. A simple t-shirt with a purple long sleeves sweat jacket, which I un buttoned.

Without a second thought I garabbed the zip or the jacket and pulled it with full force up to my chest.
I don't know if as I pulled the zip I was seeing the future or I was seeing the past, but what I saw was a big time horror.

I first of all saw the face of a boy wrapped in a white bag long enough to suit his height. it was as if the bag was measured perfectly for him. His eyes were pale, and his fingers were cold. as in the mili second I saw the vision I looked into his face and I knew he was dead.

Before I could give him a pitiful face, a man zipped the bag, just like I zipped my jacket.

I GASPED AND SHUT MY EYES.

That was my first vision...and a little voice in my mind said...
that's just the tip of an iceberg...there are more comming o thou man of great vision!

The only thing I could hope for was that someone somewhere in this big house was not manipulating my thoughts. I knew with the air I smelled any thing diabolical is possible here.

I looked at chief with suspicion but what came out of my mind was a betrayal of my mind.

"please may I have the opportunity to ease my self?"
the show of politeness was balm, I least expected myself saying that, even when I wasnt thinking of asking. But somehow my unconscious mind took over.

As the words came out from my mouth, I shrinked, but my eyes as if not part of my shrinking stood rudely in front of chief with this kind of expression...,
ogbeni, answer me joor!

I received a shocking reply from chief,
"sure why not."   
(Now addressing the man that stoood on my rightwink
"take him to the closest toilet"

"yes capon" he replied like a fish.

I stood up wondering why they all of a sudden are trying to be nice to me. I knew they saved my life, and I also knew that it was for a purpose.

Suppricingly, we approached that same door by which those three hefty men conveyed Sandra and the three other head in a tray. My steady drummer in my chest region, skiped a beat.

As we stood before the door, I looked at the mans face as some scary words emanated from his mouth.
"go through the door, on your left is the toilet"
I was dazed.
I looked back...I smelt evil...but chief and the two men were not looking, they spoke to each other in low tunes.
why can't he take me to the toilet?  why describe it?

The man left me before the door and went back to meet them.
As I fearfully placed my hand on the knob, it felt cold.
A wave of fear flowed like a current from my hands to my whole body, unbalancing my balance.

somehow I felt a still voice whispering 'foolhardy, expect the worst!'

I darred, and opened the door.

JESUS!

I almost screamed.

but it was just my mind expecting the worse.  Just like I had previously peeped it was just a passage, but the pasage was cresent.

As I stepped into the passage, I heard footsteps advancing from the crescent passage.  on my left was a door and I knew by the description I was given it was the toilet.

The steps came closer...I remembered the bush...the owl...my heart was panting...with stronger vim at every beat...the steps came closer and closer...my legs could not move...in few seconds my mind had questioned me a million times saying
what is comming
I had answered my mind saying
whatever is comming is either death or life!

The steps came closer, I saw a shadow emanating from the crescent.
what I sw comming was totally flabbergasting!

But it was true,  what is comming is either death or life. 
I confirmed it as I saw the beautiful girl that stood infront of me, harmless she was. She reminded me of SANDRA. of blessed memories.

The first thing she said as she starred into my eyes was breaking my defences...

"did they say you were chosen?" she asked her voice soo beautiful.

what is she doing here I wondered. but her eyes stayed focused on mine as she came closer, walking with grace, her aura, fire!

"yes" I said, my voice shaking.

she looked at me and smiled.

such smile told me a little truth

you are doomed

I looked at her, with unbalanced ambivalence.

WATCH OUT FOR (cool

I welcome your comments.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by purpinkx(m): 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nice 1 ... Booked . Hope the story is on your blog
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:00am On Jul 12, 2013
purpinkx: Nice 1 ... Booked . Hope the story is on your blog

Thanks bro.
Yeah my blog is more updated....this just a backdoor...
jayloyexten.

u fan the coals...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:01am On Jul 12, 2013

Thanks bro.
jayloyexten.

u fan the coals...

Thanks bro.
jayloyexten.

u fan the coals...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 11:24am On Jul 12, 2013
DID THEY SAY YOU WERE CHOSEN?

As I watched the words emanate from her, I knew that I could not miss that.  That clause must be a very familiar one in this kingdom of doom; probably a clause that have been used to destroy many lives.

How else could I feel among murderers, people that carry the heads of liveless and brutalized humans in a tray, as if they are some kind of restaurant attendant. Yet with all guts, traceless of remorse, they bounce...satisfaction in their eyes!

As I stood before the girl, my heart began burning.

Previously I was dead scared that a vampire was comming from the crescent passage, but it was the opposite or so it seemed when I saw her.
A beautiful girl she was; in her I saw the secrets that could define my state...in deadly details!

I wanted to say something to her, like what's your name? how did you get here? how did you know the words they told me? how did you know I was comming?

But the traffic was to heavy in my mind. my lips were shaking, my mouth became sour, I was shocked, I was scared...I didn't know why...
there was a bottle neck in my mouth...
finally, I decided which question must come first.

"who are you" I asked

"I think the first question you should be asking is where am I" she replied.

it struck me once, but not too hard
"where am I" I asked looking into her firm face. but in it I saw a little fakeness of expression...I saw a little compassion.

"do you know what canibals are?"

"canibals are carnivores, animals that eat animals" I replied, wondering why she asked.

"good" she answered like a primary school teacher.

"what?"  I responded. stunned.

"I'm sorry you are doomed,
you are in the midst of CANIBALS!"

I was dazed

"where are the animals?" I asked.

in a rush flash, my mind began racing to the owl...the vulture...volturis sanguis...the way the right hand man looked at me...then to the phrase <em>if not tht you were chosen I would have crushed your bones</em>...the slap...the heads in the tray...
my heart skipped a beat.

I looked at her again...
"where are the animals" this time with more curousity.
her face became pale, I knew she was mocking my innocence, it was so strange that I could not have plused it all this while.

"almost every one in this house are canibals from capon to..." she paused.

"to you" I asked my eye balls gyming.

The thought that I was standing before a canibal struck me soo hard.  I felt my heart tearing into hopeless shreads. my legs were shaking, my fingers became cold, quivering like a God forsaken chicken in the rain.
The whole of my body became sweaty...
my face began to blush,
although I'm black I could feel the redness like a ripe straw berry.

I felt my jugular vein pumping harder than my heart.
I remembered the vampire Daires, Draccular, and series of vampire films. vampires are the fastest and strongest living animal in the world.
my heart pumped harder...
the sweats multiplied...
I vibrated more...
I was scared that she was just going to pounce on my jugular vein.

in fear a tear welled down my eyes.
I could not run any where, I didn't even know where I was.
my temper begn rising with fear...

"pounce on me thou beautiful vampire, canibal you call yourself!"

she went numb

"eat me now! suck my blood! and let all this end right now!" I billowed although I kept my voice within range.

"No! stop it I don't eat humans I..."

"liar! eat me!"  I interjected, with frustrated bitterness.

I knew I must do something about my temper the other time it earned me a slap, now it may be my entire life!
but what does it matter? I was ready to loose it!

"hear me out!" she lifted her voice.

I wanted to shout back when I saw something...

I quivered...

a tear had just fallen from her eyes...
I was a bit shocked,
I knew even the most rutheless vampire have emotions...deep down in me was anger and fear, a terrible combo.

"I'm not" she replied sober.

"you are not what?"

"I'm not a vampire or whatever you call it"

"then why are you here?"

"you need to hear me out!"

"see I don't care about my life, just eat me!"

SILENCE

Suddenly,  her mood changed...
"you said I should eat you?"

I could not answer the pause had calmed my angry-fear a little.

"I'm actually hungry and I want to eat you" she said.
her voice stronger.
she took a step towards me...
her face started becoming funny...
is this why this man left me here? to be eaten by a hungry vampire?

Just then I didn't know what I wanted again I said I wanted death, but now I'm scared..

she took a step further...
if she takes the next step, her legs will be on mine..

I envisioned my jugular vein being torn apart with full force, and my blood gushing like a fountain. she wouldn't let the blood waste she would suck it, as a river of life...suck it all till I fall down like an empty sack!

I could not pretend, I was scared..

I took a step backward..
she took a step forward...

I looked into her eyes and I saw fire, and hunger for my blood!

I took another step back ward she followed me,
another...then another...

Suddenly...my back jammed the door...
a drop of urine fell from my pant...

I looked at her face.
she gave a smile...
such smile told me I was doomed!

I held the knob, as she took another step towards me..

"don't try it!l" she said her voice rutheless. "you know I'm very fast!"

<em>vampire!</em> my heart screamed.

she came closer, and closer...and closer...
I closed my eyes, slanted my head to give her enough allowance to suck my jugular.

I lowered my self a bit down the door, my knees knocking against eachother.

she placed her hands above my head, resting it on the door. she smelt quite fine.

one seconds...
two seconds...
three...four...five...six...

nothing happened.  I opened my eyes and saw her starring into my eyes her hands still above me pinning me to the wall.

"what is your problem why are you so bold?"

I kept quite. I was too dead to move my lips.

"you are doomed and you don't know it, I will crush your bones"

the word at once rang a bell. 
so this is what they meant, I was chosen to be eaten by her, yet I just walked into her freely. I made things easier for them, when I said I wanted to piss.

oh foolish me!

she brought her mouth closer to my jugular...

I was expecting her to bite it hard...

but...

she gave me a peck on my neck, brought her hands down placed it on my chest and rested on me.

I was dazed.

does she want to kill me when I'm lost in pleasures?
her beauty was quite irresistible...

"puh-leaze don't eat me I lost my mind..."
I was scared to my teeth!

"please don't I know how much food I make for you!
you can control it...ill do anything..."

"oh your smell is so nice..." she said salivating.

my heart pounded...like never before...

then she said the word...
no the phrase or rather the clause that changed everything.

<strong>"WE...BOTH OF US...I MEAN YOU AND ME....</strong>

<strong>ARE CHOSEN"</strong>

She ended with a perfect smile.

At once I knew what I believed was wrong...

watch out for episode NINE

with more FIRE!!!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
As I looked straight into the eyes of this vampire...
Her words had just changed everything...melting my fear into hot liquids of a hopeless hope....

"...WE ARE CHOSEN?"

the words somehow made me think that she was not a vampire, or canibal as she called it.
But whatever it was they still eat humans!

Finally my instinct got activated by a strange inspiration...
<em>you were not here by accident</em>
<em>why?</em>
<em>you met this lady</em>
<em>what if it was an accident?</em>
<em>never! don't be a fool, she walked up to you without being supriced.</em>
<em>what does that mean?</em>
<em>it means she had not seen you and you had not seen her...yet she knows you soo much.</em>
<em>but...</em>
<em>the simple line is that a communication had being sent to her.</em>
<em>but that's not possible...</em>
<em>remember your right hand man was behind you...and there's a gallery above you...common don't be a fool!</em>
<em>so if she was tipped why didn't capon send me away towards that dirrection...</em>
<em>oh fate is so powerful...you could not avoid it any way just like you couldn't avoid your abduction.</em>
<em>but...</em>
<em>remember you both were talking...</em>
<em>yes...</em>
<em>he told you to seat down and be comfortable...</em>
<em>oh yes I smelt a rat then...</em>
<em>that's good. and then you cut him short and said you wanted to piss.</em>
<em>that's right!</em>
<em>so it means he wanted to tell you in a systematic way.</em>
<em>but I was forced into this place why wouldn't he just force me...</em>
<em>open your eyes man! he knows that you cannot escape why then would he rough handle you!</em>
<em>that's true. I remember the way my right hand man was looking at me with soo much hunger...</em>
<em>they wanted to eat me...</em>
<em>but probably they respect the wish of the beautiful young vampire...</em>
<em>yeah...</em>
<em>that's why I was left at the door...</em>
<em>yeah now you are thinking...</em>
<em>but now she looks so pitiable, and she says we are chosen..if she's a vampire she would have eaten me...</em>
<em>you don't understand...</em>
<em>teach me then.</em>
<em>she says she is a canibal not a vampire...</em>
<em>what difference does it make...</em>
<em>vampires tear the jugular and suck the blood...</em>
<em>oh I see so canibals probably eat the flesh...</em>
<em>that's the idea...</em>
<em>oh foolish girl that's the word...you want to seduce me into the room to kill me and cook me...and pour my blood in the drain...I know your work...</em>
<em>now you understand why she felt sober...</em>
<em>kind of...</em>
<em>she felt soo sorry that she would be killing a handsome boy like you...</em>
<em>LOLZz...LMAO!</em>
<em>and you know you both are of same age bracket?</em>
<em>sure!</em>
<em>don't proximity scare you?</em>
<em>how do you mean?</em>
<em>she's close to you...</em>
<em>and...</em>
<em>look at her hand...</em>
<em>I see its on her pocket...maybe she has a stabbing knife!</em>
<em>she has pinned you...the next is to stab you or give you a tranquilizer!</em>
<em>JESUS!  but why should I be scared of a girl that is about my age?</em>
<em>because she is a CANIBAL!</em>
<em>so she was pretending that she is a vampire...</em>
<em>yeah as a bait to get you</em>
<em>oh I now see...</em>

<em>SUDDENLY...</em>
<em>wow so it means that she dosent have the speed or power of a vampire!</em>
<em>that is it!</em>
<em>so I can push her down!</em>
<em>don't waste a second she dosen have speed, dosent have power, nothing! just a crave for human flesh!</em>
<em>wow.</em>
<em>DO IT NOW! BREAK HER JAW..STRANGLE HER...STORE HER IN THE TOILET...REVENGE THE DEATH OF SANDRA! RE...VENGE!!!   REMEMBER THE THREE HEADS IN THE TRAY...REMEMBER THE BRUTALITY...ONLY A COWARD WILL FEAR TO TAKE REVENGE!  DO IT! NOW!</em>

At this point the chinese proverb came in a different light...

"as grass hoppers are to wanton boys so are we to the gods, they use us for their sports"
But the gods are dead...Mike Bamiloye said years back....
for me its my thought...
and my body is the grasshopper,
I'm enslaved...it controls me...my instinct!

At once, strength came from the stong urge to revenge...
I threw my knees like a splint right up to her jaw...
she gasped...
before she could move, I gave her a blow on her ribs...
I gained balance.
she fell helplessly on the groung writhing in pain...
I saw a drop of blood, and I knew I had burst her nose, and probably taken out a tooth.

<em>powerless canibal you only know how to eat flesh, yet you are as weak as a chicken!</em>

I cursed beneath my breath.

I walked close to her ready to twist her neck, and dump her in the toilet...

"but why are you doing this?" her voice came. I saw she was holding her ribs.

I looked at her with more hatred.  I hate harming girls, but demons like her, are meant for hell!

"you don't even know what you are doing" she said more sober.

"you had better shut up before I finish you! see I will take revenge for every soul I lost"

"you did" she said calmly.

"see I have no convesation with you, you agent of darkness...I will kill you!"
in anger I reached for her neck ready to twist it...

"after you kill me where are you going to go?"

her words strucked me like a sword in my heart.

if I come out alive they will know she didn't kill me...
they will look for her and find her dead...the next thing is to crush my bone and chew my flesh!

if I don't kill her she would kill me, because I'm chosen to be eaten by her...

either way I must die...

I looked at her...
she looked into my eyes...
I clenched my fist...
she smiled...
my heart was filled with range...yet I was helpless

I crashed with my knees to tlhe ground!

TEN COMES SHORTLY
I welcome your comments!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jemecks(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]nice work my guy, im waiting for the next update
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 8:34am On Jul 22, 2013
jemecks: [color=#000099][/color]nice work my guy, im waiting for the next update

oh thanks bro i got disouraged with nairaland and focused on my blog. buh with your comment ten comes this mawnin...

or u can check it up in my blog.

jayloyexten.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
<strong>"DEATH IS INEVITABLE!" </strong>I muttered beneath my breath.
At once I felt my heart, my hope and my future collapsing, like the world trade centre, 9_11_01.

All around me was the cold finger of death!
My heart vibrated with shock waves as I discovered the height of my helpless situation.

Outside the door were men expecting my bones as a souvenir...yet in this passage were I stayed, was a subtle agent of darkness,
so weak,
so fragile,
so beautiful,
yet, I couldn't do any thing to kill death,
for she was death personified.
And that was all I saw.

I looked at her. I looked at the drop of blood that she had just cleaned from the floor...I looked at the pity on her face, and how she supported her bleeding nose with her left hand...

I looked with compasion.

I looked at her legs crossed on the tiles, and a bit of her laps exposed...
I looked at her pouted lips, gracious, red as wine...
I looked at her jaw, round and fresh like a ripe avocado..
I looked and looked again,
but then I remembered what my dad used to tell me...
and how I would wonder why he said it...

<em>so cold is the finger of death, and so deadly is the cold finger!</em>

Some minutes ago I had thought her to be an angel sent from heaven, but suddenly, everything had just changed.

As I watched her with soberity, in soberity, my schemas flashed the red light...and it was like all my beliefs were wrong...
but still there was nothing better to believe in,
nothing hopeful to hope in,
nothing faithful to faith in,
rather, something deadly to die in!

SUDDENLY, confirming my thoughts,
I HEARD GIANT STEPS ADVANCING TOWARDS OUR DIRRECTION,
THE STEPS WERE REMINISCENT OF THAT NIGHT OF BLACKNESS...

That night, when my abduction was executed, and the owl sang my elergy of death!

The steps echoed at one end of the passage...
I tried to look...
but oh poor me, I couldn't see...
my sight was limited to a distance, it was a crescent passage.
Every man will like to see his doom afar off, at least to get ready...
I wasn't an exception.

My heart beat trippled!
My eyes brightened,
my legs shook.

You could guess my first thought,
<em>the avengers of blood!</em>

I felt a bit sorry for hitting the girl, either way I thought I was supposed to die so what's the point dying without avenging the death of my love,
SANDRA.
As I heard the footsteps advancing towards us, I prayed only one prayer,

<em>oh God let me die a quick death, let him shoot me...lord even though I'm not your child, and I'm dirty...</em>

As I yet prayed in my heart, I heard a smouldering beside me, she dragged her self on her weak legs towards the door.
I turned and looked at her, Amanda? frightened?

I looked into her eyes and all her eyes told me was that she wasn't sure of what was comming.  But how can that be true?

I wasn't saved from fear so I moved silently towards her.

I didn't know when I said the words-
"please help me"

"I seriously wish I could help myself before helping you" she replied once.

"you will help only yourself? are you scared? is this not where you live? are you not a canibal?" I said in panting quivering whispers.

"you don't get, I have no idea what is comming..." she said looking towards the dirrection of the advancing steps.

" maybe I can't even save myself, you are so daft, that it is soo difficult for you to know that we both are in similar shit..." then she gave a frustrating smile "only that I'm a bit older than you, in this shit."

"shit?" I whispered flabberwhlmed.

"idiot! look at my nose..."she said cleaning the fast cloating blood arround the edge of her nose.

"it was self defence" I said.  "you wanted to eat me"

"no, I only pretended to be a vampire, I'm not, I wanted to get your attention and speak sence into your head, but it didn't work, you wouldn't listen"

"I know, that you are not a vampire, else you would have killed me"

"then why did you hurt me if you knew"

the cold steps came closer, and I knew that by the next three seconds I would see the demon lurking in the dark!

I looked her into the face with all guts and assurance in my facts critically analyed in my faculty.
"you are not a vampire, you are a canibal! canibals don't eat humans raw, you wanted to seduce me so in the process you'll take my life"

"you are an idiot" she said maintaing the whispers.

I looked at her, I could not get angry, rather I got perlexed.

JESUS
I heared her mutter under her breath.

"what?"

"look at that". id turned to her and taken my eyes away from what was comming. 

I rubbed my back against the door, as I felt Amanda body shaking like a beheaded snake, beside me.  i had never seen any thing like this in my entire life...I've heard things like this, but I thought it always as a fiction.

I saw two italian shoes, well polished, comming towards us.  Nobody was wearing the shoe, yet the shoes were approaching.

As it navigated the crescent, it became faster...
walking like the steps of a human person...
one behind, and one ahed.
iwas stunned.

I turned to Amanda.

"Are my eyes decieving me? are you seeing anybody wearing that shoe"

"I'm as stunned as you are"

I felt Amanda hold my biceps, so firm, so fearfully!

I heard our heart beating in the same rhythm of fear...and I believed she was as hopeless as I was.

"run into the toilet, ill stand here, the shoe will only follow one person" I said trying to gamble.

"no we both got into this together, we will face it together, two are better than one" she said her hand finding my palm. 

my heart melted.

I looked at her for a second trying to avoid loosing focus of the horror advancing.
I was shocked by her attidude, I just squeezed her hand as a way to say thank you.

I tried to examine the pair of shoe as it was about three feet away...
it was just a shoe, but shoes don't have life!
I was stunned inbetween horror...
  something told me that,
'here anything is possible'. 
I knew it was a right mind.

"don't panic, we expect the worse, that has been my philosophy through out this night" I said.
she nodded.

As I said that, the left shoe, pulled to a halt in front of Amanda, while the right shoe stopped in front of me.

I imagined a man was wearing the shoe and any time from now, anything could happen,
he could squeeze us, kill us, frighten us...
but I was bent on expecting the worst!
whatever happens, it can't be worse than death!  I was made up. 

As I looked at the shoe, I wanted to touch it...
but suddenly the shoe ascended from the ground, as I was wondering what adventure it was, the shoe kicked me in the face.
in reflex I covered my face with my hands as a guide against the kick.

The kick was mild, but unexpected.

I stood up wondering what the shoe wanted from us.
I looked at Amanda, and saw a smile on her face.
"this is intresting" she said
"what?" I said a bit vexed that she couldn't show remorse for the kick I received from the legless shoe.
but deep down in me, I knew she was smilling to relief her self from the hot lashes of fear.

"look at the shoe" she whispered.

I looked at it, but the first thing I noticed was that the shoe had changed position; the left was now on my side and the right on her side.

something told me that God was trying to pass a message.

"look" Amanda said again.

I looked.
I couldn't scream.
my heart kipped a beat.

out of the shoe was a papper, as I tried to pick it from the shoe...I saw a shadow, in the passage ahed, before I could say,
AMANDA LOOK!

she pulled me to herself, look...

She was holding a paper...well folded...
on it was written...

<em>to Amanda and David</em>

I was shocked. 
it was like a bowl of cold water was poured on me.
I saw Amanda's hand shaking.

my heart pounded with fear.

"David!" Amanda called, her voice shaking.

"yeah"

"you don't know what happened"

"what?" I asked, perplexed.

"you were looking somewhere else, when the paper on its own resurrected from the shoe, and without hand stood infront of me, it was soo fast, all in a second!"

"Jesus!" I said beneath my breadth.

"I had to collect it, when I saw my name on it" she said

"no one knows my name here..." I said my heart beating faster...with heavy pounds.

"it looks divine, but there's nothing divine here, but evil!" she said still holding the paper.

SUDDENLY.

the shoe stood up and kicked Amandas hand, then droped. it wasn't hard, it was a message, and I got it first.

"open the letter" I told Amanda who was already shrinking.

as we opened the letter...all my fears evaporated...
I looked at Amanda and a smile welled my face.
it read...

<em>"and you twain shall be one flesh...</em>
<em>the destiny of the end of your fears,</em>
<em>lies in a united bond of you both</em>
<em>                                         </em>
<em>*Amanda follow the shoe, David go now! </em>
<em>                                        your savior.  "</em>

And that was the end of the letter.
At the begining I was smilling...but when I looked at the indepth meaning...I knew...it wasn't a joke...

The shoe started moving back into the crescent...

"The letter says follow the shoe..."

"yeah...ill expect the worse" she said. her mood ambivalent.

"but I saw some one in the shadows" I said

" you did?"

I nodded.

I don't know why but what I said struck Amanda like death, and like one flesh now, I felt her fears!!!

Who can be a cryptologist, to decode the letters in which doom is engraved in!!!

EPISODE ELEVEN....COMES....SHORTLY!!!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jemecks(m): 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
my guy im realy getting addicted to ur story,plllllzzzzzzzz update soon
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 1:13am On Jul 23, 2013
jemecks: my guy im realy getting addicted to ur story,plllllzzzzzzzz update soon

(grins) thanks bro,
ull have it soonest.
kip following man, i appreciate.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:27am On Jul 23, 2013
EPISODE ELEVEN

<strong>WHO CAN BE A CRYPTOLOGIST TO DECIPHER THE COLD LETTERS IN WHICH DEATH IS ENGRAVED IN?</strong>

I looked at Amanda.
I looked at the passage.
I looked at the legless shoe, and how its steps echoed down the crescent hall way.
I looked at the letter in Amandas hand.
I peeped back into the past...
Then my inner eyes searched for death...

But...

only one thing was banging in my mind...

<em>dare the worst!  its either life or death, death should not be feared, its only an entrance into a better life.</em>

I felt stoic.

I turned to Amanda now, with courage and firmness, and like catharsis, I was echoing my mind to her.

DARE THE WORST...

she spied into my eye, with assurance and hope.
Gosh!  girls are soo beautiful when sober...I looked at her and the bell of attraction rang so loud in my mind...but the attraction was of manhood...to show srength.

Some minutes back, I thought her a canibal, but suddenly everything had changed...Now I know that she is as miserable as I am.  I knew deep down in my heart, that theres a lot we needed to say...

How we got in;  atleast to dicipher the riddle of our existence in this strange land.
How we can escape, if there's a possibility;
And now most pressing, is the <em>chosen</em> factor.

Amanda seems comforted with the words, but deep down in me I knew how the letters of death are carefully engraved. I smelt just one thing DOOM!
But some feeling, like a ministering spirit, says its not now.
But can I alway trust my instincts?

"Amanda hurry! we'll see" I said, although I didnn't know how long the word <em>chosen</em> will keep me, but I said it anyway.

I saw uncertainty in her eyes. She gave me a shoulder movement, like a chucke. In her movement although now backing me and heading for the passage she turned and threw me a smile. Her puffy cheeks had risen in glow like the rise of the morning sun, above her round shoulders...fresh as the rose flower in the face of the morning dew...
a part of her teeth was exposed by her gracious grin, goodness! it had almost blinded my eyes.
The whole scene registered once in my long time memory.

I watched her walk down the passage, and atonce a song I used to love very much, rang in my mind.

<em>you're not the girl I used to know,</em>
<em>yore a shadow of yourself...</em>
<em>I think I've lost you long ago,</em>
<em>like a book that left its shelf.</em>
<em>I see your footsteps down the hall,</em>
<em>and I know someday that will be you,</em>
<em>leaving me, </em>
<em>for good.</em>

I took a deep breath as I watched her disappear solemly into the crescent hallway.

I turned to face life.
When I was in the living room I was soo pressed and
really wanted to piss. But the great hormone of <em>fear, fright and flight </em>(adrenaline) was so powerful!
It had shut down my system to make me feel the hot pangs of fear.

In a second I stood before the door they described as the toilet. Everything in me was telling me its not a toilet, but I was sure that was were was described.

I held the knob.  I heard my heart beating. I imagined seeing the heads of humans drained of blood.
I imagined seeing a man, seating on some mats made of rafia, so big and hudge....his legs crossed and single handedly, devouring a whole piece of fleshy laps, big enough to oversize my mom.

I imagined I had opened the door, and shock waves popd up from us both, and as I try to run, I stumbled against a very hudge man, saying...
YOU ARE DOOMED.

I woke up from my thoughts my heart pounded.  I remembered I must dare the worst, and with that courage, I pushed the door opened.

It was an antithesis to my thoughts...
I saw...
uhmm...
sink, mirror...my heart felt comforted. I was now sure that its truly a toilet, but something felt uncanny.

I stepped Into the lavatory, and shut the door behind me. I went staight to piss, as I reached for it...
I felt something hard like a gall stone...
no like a metal...
or like a device...
yeah, it was my phone. I had put it there, it had vibrated before...

I removed the phone from my groin and placed it on the WC. As the urine flowed out I felt soo much relief...I wish my troubled heart coud feel it.
or rather my parents who I'm sure will be bothered about their first and only son.
its not my fault, neither theirs.
we all are bloody mortals...
We cannot percieve the future.
And even if we do,
we cannot evade our end.
its ours like an asset!

As I washed my hands in the sink, I anticipated picking my phone to call my parents.
I was wondering what I would tell them.
If I call mom first, she would first of al scream al the screamables...
<em>eh! ah! oh! yeah! </em>Jesus! Satan! and soo on. Atleast she would say all the possible exclamations before I can say a word.

If I should call my Dad, he's so straight to the point, the first thing he would say is...
<em>where are you!</em>
His voice so strong and hard like an assasain!

Either way I must call one. I don't need someone to exclaim and make my situation more pitiable.

I need to call my dad and tell him my last words.
"if I perish, I perish.  I love you dad and mom, greet vera...blow to her my kisses. cheerio".
And then I would hangup.
But everything in this strange house had been nothing but mere wishes.
Will this also end as one?

As I was satisfied with how I wanted to go about it, I picked up my phone from the WC.

As I pressed the red button to make the light appear, I discovered that the phone was as dead as the death lurking in the dark.

my heart rose with rage and dissapointment.

In anger I let the phone drop to the ground, producing a shattering sound, althogh my NOKIA LUMNIA was strong enough not to shatter.

Why had it vibrated previously? I asked my self.
It then came to my notice that the phone had been silenced, the vibrations were only battery warnings.

I felt my eyes blushing with misery.
A hot tear well down my eyes.
my heart burned with dissapointmemt.

The only opportunity I had to bid my parents bye and save their heart aches, was just aborted.

Another hot tear fell slowly from mine eye, tickling down my sensations to an out burst of a fountain of tears...flowing to flooded streams.

As If that was not enough...

The door opened.
My right hand man stood blocking the door way.
He was so stoic he didn't even care to look into my eyes.
The only place he was looking was my NOKIA LUMNIA.
I wasn't conscious I was facing the door, else, it would have been possible for me to dramatise and save my phone.
But he was too fast, like a spirit, and in a second the door hissed opened.

"I just finished pissing, I...I...was doing the big thing, you know the big thing huh? the BIGBOMBS! you know them? you wanna check? I've not flushed yet" I said giving a frustrating smile. I hadn't done the big thing, and if he dare checks, I'm screwed.
well possibly canibals eat shit too.

But his expression did not change, neither did he even make a pretencious smile.
But like the man who brought me into the world he looked at me, straight into my skull..
he readjusted his face ad made it harder.

<strong>BRING THE PHONE!</strong> His voice was soo unfriendly.

I was stunned.

Before I could say JACK ROBBINSON, he pickedup the phone himself.

"FOLLOW ME"

I looked at his back, moving away...
But I hoped that
someone,
somewhere,
someday,
somehow,
will not watch my back,
against hope,
sink into DOOM!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jemecks(m): 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
uuummmm yum yum yum im right on tym my dear fenks a lot for updating, bt like oliver twist will say ( i want some more)
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
jemecks: uuummmm yum yum yum im right on tym my dear fenks a lot for updating, bt like oliver twist will say ( i want some more)

lool.
thanks mahn...
trust, i wunt kip u hungry...next comes soon.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jemecks(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=jayloyexten]

lool.
thanks mahn...
trust, i wunt kip u hungry...next comes soon.[/quote jay guy im waiting for u, abeg dont keep me waiting
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
Oga, we dey here O, we dey follow you like ......, lemme go and read d blog. You they try wella o. More ink to ur pen, more ba3 and MB to you lappy.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Damex333: Oga, we dey here O, we dey follow you like ......, lemme go and read d blog. You they try wella o. More ink to ur pen, more ba3 and MB to you lappy.

THANKS SOO MUCH MAN
i got a big problem with copying from my blog, because my admin site has being difficult to access,

neverthess,
im in a fast drive to rectify the problems.
i assure you that from Monday...
my posts will roll, like the rolls royce.
thanks.
SMILES
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
EPISODE THIRTEEN

THERE WERE TWO OPTIONS.

The first was to go through the door on his left.
The second was to go through the passage on his right.To me, a familiar evil is better off than an unfamiliar one.  Although as a christian, however fake, I knew that the left leads me only to one place, and that is HELL!

The door was on his left, because he was facing me, but on my right because I faced him. I examined the situation in the deepest way possible, my mind clicked;
BINGO!
I felt God was passing a message through irrelevant scenes. I felt God said it was both heaven and hell right there in the living room, heaven for you and hell for him.
Well it didn't make sence to me because my inner man tells  me its viceversa. Or maybe I didn't hear God well. I hoped in fate, but without faith!

As I followed the right hand man like a sheep led to the slaughter, I began to hear manly grunts and chattering penetrating through the door that led us out of the passage into the living room. Something made me feel that there were more people in the living room than I had left it.

My right hand man held the knob, and as he was about pressing it down to open the door...
He paused, and looked back, then he shifted his eyes and looked right into my eyes.

I froze like fish.

I darred and caught his eyes, for two seconds he was looking into my eye balls and I was looking right into his. He ended the sight with a wink, and demoic smile.

I fell into quandry.
I wondered the message he was trying to pass across, but somehow I knew it was about what I was about to meet in the living room. Or maybe my mind does not think far enough into situations.

He opened the door once, as I stepped into the living room my feet felt cold.
The first thing I saw was the image of the mighty owl, and I remembered how it had scared me to my teeth.
As I closed the door behind me I heared a very familiar voice in the living room. It was too familiar. Before I turned to look and scare my eyes, I dropped my head down and tried to eavesdrop....
I heard from the familiar voice the most shocking and dirty words of my entire life...he said...

<em>"...my guys I know I didn't say I wanted the suckulent parts before now, but you see, I've being having a little problem with meeting my wife. See it seems like I have a reduced libido, and as you well know capon, the breast and penis is a very great booster of sexual energy.  please, even if you can just give me a penis and a piece of breast ill be happy, you know you would like to make me happy, and continue to watch your back.</em>
<em>(Laughter)  the last one I took long ago was very effective, I took it as pepper stew, and that night I was on FIRE!...my wife can never forget, not even in her wildest dreams!"</em>

MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT.

I raised my head to look at the demon that was talking, the familiar voice, the strange canibal that had just disappeared into the room, speaking like a bloody customer...
JESUS!
I could not believe what I was seeing, and who I was seeing.

My mouth fell agape...
PASTOR SALAMI JACOBS?  MY PASTOR?

Oh my God! You don't know how I felt at that moment.My heart beat went out of place, my whole body all of a sudden was was washed down to my feet with cold blood running down my body in iced veins!

All I felt was illusion, dissapointment, tragedy, shame disgust, and total dishope in any thing called a pastor, in any thing called christianity, in any shit of a building called a church, and some ridiculous pretenders called christians!

You don't grab!  This guy, is my pastor, the biggest pastor in Abuja. The man that is always preaching and praying with fervency on the pulpit. My dad almost worships him, and prays everyday that either of us, will someday be like him(the pastor).
God forbid!

He is a miracle worker, I once received a miracle from him. Yet he stood there speaking vain words, I wondered what he was, and by which power he do his miracles, signs and wonders.  And even most importantly, I wondered where I was.

I was lost in angry bitter words, when my right hand man tapped me and said, "what are you looking at?"
"Nothing"
"Then move your ass!"
" yes sir"

I followed him to meet the rest. Pastor Salami Jacobs sat where I was sitting. The three other men took their former positions. A centre table was in their centre.

On the centre table was a black bag not we'll zipped, in it were two beheaded human heads.
I need not to ask anybody, I knew it was the pastors consignment.

I did not know how to feel again. But something focused my eyes on the bag, I looked deeply at the bag. On it I saw the painting of an owl and a vulture.
But it was as if something said that there was more to what I should be seeing.

I looked again, beside the bag was a ring with a vulture symbol, I knew it was a juju ring.
But something said, something deep down my mind, it was emphasisng something, I heard the voice say...
<em>Oh bloody mortal, open your eyes and see!</em>

INSTANTENOUSLY I SAW!

I saw a female head in the bag,
A beautiful female head, beheaded and dead!
Oh God! I saw the head of my lover,
Sandra, in a bag, owned by my pastor, as a consignment.
I looked, my eyes could not leave the bag, I came closer, and closer.

My mind brought back the moments we had together in the bus, how we experimented a failed kiss, how my skin grazed hers, and I felt heaven in my flesh...how I got embarrassed, how she assured me that I was a man, and how eventually I lost her, and later on found her head in a tray being carried in by three hefty men.

A tear drop from my eyes, a million tears dropped from mine inner eye, my heart bleeded like a fountain, a weak anger rose up within me, but I knew it was only weak, because here, anger without sence is suicide!

I took my eyes away.
I chewed my mouth with passion.

I stood in front of the four of them.

As they saw I was close they paused their discussion.

"Who is this boy?" Pastor Salami asked capon.

"He is the chosen boy" capon replied with a bit of laughter.

"Really," he turned to me, "you are the chosen one? Hahaha" he bursted into wild laughter, his voice was every where in the room.  Every other human in the room joined him, some throwing their legs in the air.

I wondered what was so funny.

I turned to my right hand man, and for the first time I saw him smile.

Then I remembered what he told me In the passage:
<em>"You have no idea what chosen means as it relates to you"</em>

My mind, spirit and soul collapsed together at once.

I had soo much to think about, so much horror to figure out, so much puzzle to decrypt.

MY PAINS ROSE UP TO MY MOUTH, I GASPED!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
:O am sacred 4 you o david.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2013
Damex333: :O am sacred 4 you o david.

y put him in ur prayers

lool

thanks mahn
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
As I stood in surreality, something in the midst of my confusion became crystal clear. A tiny pure voice, deep down in my mind whispered...
<strong><em>You are undoubtedly in the midst of cannibals; humans that eat humans!</em></strong>

At this time I stood like a stick infront of everybody, the chairs were arranged in a semi cirle form with the vulture carpet at the centre, just as it were before.

I stood at the entrance. Menwhile my right hand man stood beside me, few metres apart. He was like a messenger waitin for orders to clean up a mess, something messy like me.

As the laughter of everyone rose to the air, I knew they weren't mocking my person but my ignorance. The word chosen was so funny to them. I knew that in a short while I would understand what they meant by the term 'chosen', my only prayer was that I may see the evil that comes with the term before it happens to me. I was rest assured that nothing good lies in the well carved out letters of doom!

I looked at Pastor Salami Jacobs, this time not as a supernatural or an ordinary man but this time with disgust.
He was a rotund young man in his early fifties. He hd a fluffy face with fresh looking folds at the back of his neck.with his hair eaten in from the front, like a rat sampling a piece of meat. He was extremely dramatic, and I used to think he weilds soo much supernaturl power.

In my horror I learnt the first lesson of cannibalism, or rather human eating.
From what the pastor said it could be deduced that the private parts when eaten, increases a mans libido, and makes him more sexually active.

But if Pastor Salami Jacobs came primarilly for the heads, it means its not about canniblism. What on earth will he want do do with human heads as a pastor?

That wasn't even the most pressing question that troubled my mind. I was bothered by what I heard the pastor say while I was approaching, about watching their backs as usual, if he was given his desired private parts.

Well I couldn't figure that out in the few seconds I had for capon to sentence me to death for having my phone on me. I only prayed my right-hand man wouldn't report me to capon.

UPDATES COME TOMORROW.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

New Story : Afraid To Love / Grace Ifeoma Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda's Mum Buried (Photos, Video) / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 291
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.