Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

What Lurks In The Dark - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Lurks In The Dark (32855 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / The Dark Tommorow / The Dark Side Of “christ Embassy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
I just dy pray make the computer say COMPUTER ERROR
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by sconp: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2013
And now the computer is probably gonna give him away. Oh no
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
EPISODE 48

The priest words were easily believable with what stood all around me.

All my thought dimensions as pertaining what the priest would look like were wrong. He was not like the native doctors in the village.
Modernism had changed a lot.

As I stepped into the room the first thing I felt was goose pimples all over my body, I really could not tell if it owed to the extreme cold condition of the room, or the gigantic computers that starred me in the face.

The door I stepped out from was just a small room that joined to the bigger one. It was later on I discovered that the priest uses the small room for yoga and some other metaphysical exercises.

It was indeed a typical ICT room. On my right was a door adjacent to me, .it was a double door, with a burglary-proof behind it. I knew it led out of the room but I did not know where it could lead to; I did not even know where I was.

Ahead of me was a gigantic plasma TV that pasted on the wall.. It went from the middle of the wall to the ceiling. As I ran my eyes through the height, I discovered the ceiling, the ceiling was not Plaster Of Paris (POP) like the others; it was made of beautiful polished wood. The ceiling had depressions; high and low relief just like the conventional features.
Tiny but very bright bulbs illuminated the room from the ceiling.

Beneath the plasma on the ground, was a short shelf, on it was another plasma, but this one was smaller,. It was just the normal home size. In front of the shelf, was a little space then a table of about ten feet long and 6 feet wide sat in pride.
On it was a flat monitor. Beside the monitor were two mini speakers. A keyboard directly in front of it and then a CPU sat on the ground.
It was obvious that that was the mother system.

On my left towards the door, was a long table that almost ran the length of the wall.
However, it started about three meters from the beginning and ended about three meters to the end. It was just like a cyber café. On the table were sixteen computers in all, I counted them.

Small handless metal chairs, finished with blue foamy backs and buttocks rest, fixed neatly under the table.

Actually, the most surprising thing about the systems is that they were all Apple Computers; in fact, the master system was a touch monitor. It was awesome.
I never expected such sight.
Above the long table was a dwarf cupboard hung on the wall, it was almost equidistant from the floor and ceiling, it was made of black glass.

At the end of the table towards the wall were about three gadgets one was a photocopying machine, another looked like it but it was bigger, and then another which was actually bigger than the first two. I wondered what they were.

Swiftly I ran my eyes to the left again. At the centre of the wall was the door, however, a long shelf spanned the left and the right side of the wall. The shelf on the left hand side, contained books in hard copies, while the shelf on the right hand side, contained books in soft copy.

Around were different gadgets and features. I looked at the ground to finalize my eye tour; the ground was made of terrazzo. It was beautiful.

I turned to the priest-

‘Where are we? Am I still in Volturis’

He gave a vain smile.
‘What makes you think you will ever get out of here, not even your dead body’

I grieved. That was the same thing Pastor Salami had said.

‘What is a sect of cannibals doing with an ICT room?’ I questioned.

‘I am a native doctor and a priest. This is my shrine’

‘Shrine’ I repeated under my breadth.

‘Plasma Television 14321, come on now!’ the priest issued a command.
Meanwhile Solomon walked and sat on a sofa beside the e-library.

Suddenly, the biggest plasma came on.

The first thing that came up was a red background, and then it turned to a river of blood.
From the horizon, a bone popped out and then another bone followed. The two bones shook hands, and then formed a chalice, which gradually intercepted to form an X shape.
Then from the skies, an oblong skull fell into the X SHAPE the two bones had formed.
On the teeth was writing- ILLUMINATI.

From the left wing came a bold black paint writing in uppercase ‘VOLTURIS’ and landed above the skull and bone,
Another of same size and color came from the right ‘EMPEROR’ and landed beneath the skull and bone.
Together they read ‘VOLTURIS EMPEROR’

I wondered why it was emperor and not empire. Emperor to the best of my understanding means a ruler while empire means a place. If emperor means a person, then who is the person? The system or the priest? If the system, then I would take the system for a god in computer form-

For about two seconds the writings and the background alternated colors. While the background turns black the writing and image would turn red, if the images and the text turns black the background would turn red. They alternated so fast that at once you would see a blend of red and black with white teeth starring at the centre. It is just like starring at a word with a red black background, all you see is ILLUMINATI in white, grinning letters.

The alternations stopped after about two second. Suddenly the screen began to zoom in. It zoomed in to the extent that all we saw was the skull, and bone, then it zoomed further until It was only the teeth- the writing on the teeth was no more illuminati, although I was sure of what I had seen at first, the wretched teeth formed another writing

WELCOME.

After that the screen went blank and came on with a beep. What I saw next was a paused video. My heart beat doubled in pace.
The screen wrote boldly

PLAY?

‘David, did you kill the two men in the archives?’

‘Archives? What does that mean. I have never heard of that word before’ I lied.
It was unnecessary because I knew he would explain it and I would be screwed, however it gave me time to think of something logical as defense.

‘You do not know what achieve mean?’

‘Yes, is it that strange? It is not a common word. I have never heard it in my entire life’

‘How old are you’

‘Seventeen’ I said twisting my lips in defiance.

‘What class are you in?’

‘I just finished secondary school weeks back’

‘And you do not know the meaning of archive?’

‘I thought you are a priest and not an English teacher?’

‘What did you say?’
I knew he did not hear me, I had rumbled the words together.

‘I have forgotten’ I snapped.

‘Do you mind tell me the name of your school’

‘I mind’ I replied.

‘Why?’

‘Because it is not necessary’

I looked at Solomon from the corner of my eyes; he was smiling, I wondered why. His sight still inconvenienced me. I could not just believe he survived it, without a scratch, or bullet wound, no it is not possible this is his ghost- I concluded.

The priest stood beside me, we both starred at the big plasma ahead of us.
‘I just discovered that you are smart, you are good with deflecting, look you almost made me forget what I was asking you’ he ended with a sarcastic smile.

His smiles could not deceive me this time, they were just like Salamis own, they looked like all will be fine, but the next thing Grasshopper is dead, or I receive another slap.

I turned and faced him, backing Solomon who still sat on the sofa-

‘I knew that since I was eight’ I spoke into his face, feeling my self.

‘Ho-ho-ho-ho’ he fell into wild laughter. I heard Solomon laughing to; I did not know he heard me.
‘Oh that was in an American film I watched so many years ago’

I was embarrassed. So he watches films, as-in he is more updated than me?

‘I…’ I tried to say something, my ego deflated like a balloon.

‘That’s enough!’ he spoke rashly. His mood suddenly changed.
‘I do not have time to speak nonsense with you’
‘For the last time I ask you again, did you kill the two men in the archives?’

‘But I said I did not know what archives are’ I gave a sincere but deceitful look.

‘Okay I mean where those dead bodies are, mortuary or whatever you call them!’ he raised is voice.

‘Dead bodies? What I call them? Em- what do you really mean?’ I pretended

He raised his voice
‘Are you playing with me, do I look like I am joking with you?’

‘I am sorry but-‘ I tried to say.

He turned and uttered some curses,
‘Are you ready to answer me or not’

‘I am ready’

‘Then answer before a say an incantation that will send you crippled’

I scoffed beneath my breath
‘What is the question exactly, I am sorry you know I just woke up from death, sorry I mean from faint and sleep, I am just recovering’ I fixed a pitiable face

‘Does that mean that your brain is also recovering?’

‘I cannot tell you know that I fell with my head to the ground.’ I feigned pains trying to touch my head
‘It is like my brain is clogging together, and when you raise your voice and scream, like you just did now, I barely hear anything. My ear totally blocks- ’

‘Did you just say that I have been shouting?’ he said amazed at my rashness.

‘No offence sir, but that is how it seems because of my critical condition’

‘Critical condition? You do not know what critical condition is yet’

‘Can it be more critical than death? I know I am going to die’ I said bluntly

Silence-

‘He deflected again’ the priest spoke to himself, as if he just woke up from sleep.
Now standing akimbo-

‘I used to be as stubborn you seem back then when I was in boarding school, those days- when…’ he almost became emotional and then stopped abruptly.

‘When what?’ I asked feigning concern.

‘It is none of your business-’

‘I am sorry’

‘Be sorry for your self!’

He walked towards Solomon.
‘Follow me’ he said as he walked.
I followed.
Then we got to the sofa where Solomon sat. There were three sofas; Solomon sat on the one at the end.

‘Seat down’ he said. Pointing to the sofa at the centre; closest to Solomon.
However, I pretended as if I did not see where he had pointed, I sat on the sofa at the edge, leaving a seat in between Solomon and I.

‘Stand up and move to the next chair’ he ordered.

‘I am sorry sir but I cannot’

‘Why?’ He asked impatient.
I knew that I could be so annoying; I loved my self like that.

‘I cannot seat beside a ghost’ I said after a while.

He looked at me for a while, shook his head and sat in the centre.
I bowed my head to avoid his penetrating eyes.

‘Video continue!’ he commanded the plasma.
My heart shook at the sight of what I was about to see-

Suddenly the plasma started drawing vertical wavy lines, and the next thing I heard was a spark.

‘Oh no’ were the last words I heard from his mouth before episode 48 ended-

Ooops it actually just ended- ;-D
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
U dy try.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
My prayer don dey answered. But i will help then repair the computer sha.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by ERF: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
That's it, its The spirits at work.

The ghosts rules volturis....

But what about the Solomon-Ghost saga? Could it be another person clothed with his appearances?

Episode 49/51 would tell!
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ride on.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
EPISODE 49

I laughed at the turn of events. Maybe there was an aura of fortune fighting for me.
The plasma TV went blank.
I turned to look at the priest sitting beside me-

‘No this cannot be; what is happening?’ he said to himself.

‘Oh no, the film we were about to watch just went off like that? Ahh, maybe it was even an American movie or was it not?’
I asked- mocking him in my mind. I think I have a flare for trouble making.
;-D
The priest shot me a provocation look.

‘I am sorry.’ I quickly apologized-

‘Why do you seem to be so free with me?’ he asked.

‘Free, am I free, I mean do I seem free?’

‘I am the priest that is going to offer you for sacrifice tomorrow and you do not show pity, remorse, or even respect, peradventure I may change my mind and let you go free’

‘Really? Let me go free? I am not sure. Or have the Volturis law changed, I know that it is like the law of the Medes and Persians that cannot be changed. Or has that been reviewed? Like seriously?’ I gave him that sarcastic look.

‘Who told you that?’

‘Pastor Salami, so you see, nothing is going to change anything’ I ended with an ‘I-don’t-care look

‘What kind of human being are you?’

‘Someone like you’ I did not know when I said that. Actually I never wanted him to hear but he did.

He looked at me for some time- then spoke.
‘Indeed you are someone like me’

I looked at him dazed. I did not understand what he meant by that. Maybe I did not also understand what I said.

There was something I felt around this man that I really could not explain- it was like I took him for a fake priest, I did not fear anything about him. I took him as normal.
Or was that the point he was driving at, that he is also normal, just like me?

He turned away from me.

‘What kind of spirit is holding down this television? Hmmmm-I can see you from the eyes in between my two eyes, you foul spirit!’

He raised his hand to the height of his shoulders.

‘Who are you and what is your name? What is your mission, what do you want?. Are you the spirit of the dead, or are you just a blood sucking demon. Look I have no time for you. Get out of my way and go and trouble the fragile ones, I am an old bird, I have shed a million feathers!’

‘I do not trouble you, so why do you trouble you. can I not watch how a small boy defiled two volturis, have I gone beyond my powers, trouble me not, else you will lick the dust!’

He advanced the shelf containing hard copy books.

‘I know the doze that is meant for you, I have your diet here, or are you not hungry?’

I watched the drama amazed.
How come he is chasing an unseen spirit while a seen spirit, Solomon breathes among the living.

He took out a very big book from the shelf and placed it on the table where mother system sat. With his hands lifted a little above his shoulders, he read an incantation.

Well, I guess it is called incantation because you will never understand what the words mean. It sounded like all languages combined. Russian, French Greek, Hausa- everything.

He brought a vandan from his pocket, and tied his head, leaving a knot in front like the hunters torch. It was now he really looked like a native doctor.
However, I understood him better by what he was about to do- he practices white witch craft. No wonder he boast of been a graduate in India. I know that white witch-craft is indeed where the dark powers reside.

My heart shook as he spoke
‘weyabosoya karantanga sugantanga’

After saying those three words, he turned three-sixty three times, and then continued.

‘Prolantango rofontange geretujatefagantanga apongeiompolase, sagarasekateresolumasticali monli, shunli, graili, santhil- grilamsheomatan…’ and so he went on.
As he spoke his mouth tightened- he spoke with passion

Suddenly- I heard a sound like a shrill cry of a cat-
Immediately after the cry,
The plasma beeped, and came back to normal.

He gave a wild laughter.
‘Ho ho ho, he he he, ha ha ha, that should make you brakefast’

‘I know who you are, you are just a troubled spirit, go to rest!’

My knees began to knock against each other. So this man is indeed powerful?
However, that was not the peak of my surprise, I was surprised at how a demon could attack a computer. Maybe it was time I believed that computer is nothing but white witch-craft. He did not even bother touching what sparked or looking into it, he just addressed the demon-
This is awesome. No I mean this is scary!

‘hehehehehehe’ he laughed as he returned the book to the shelf.

I tried to see what was written on the book, but I could not picture it for distance. However, I saw something that looked like ‘spirit’ written on it

Then he came towards me
‘That was awesome’ I said

He looked at me.
‘Do you know what you are talking of?’ he said as he untied his vandan and approached me. His look became fierce, maybe because he had just finished a spiritual combat.
‘I will turn you into a goat now, you talk too much!’ he said angrily

Without wasting time he started his incantations. I wondered what was so serious in what I said.

‘Shantafaresticolantis sedi redi gedi shandi locogandirestrufaresti…’ He began

I starred at his mouth-
So he was indeed going to turn me into a goat?
My heart beat increased. I began to see my head changing and my hands turning to fore legs; hairy body.. I had a feeling that if I turned to a goat I would turn to a brown one. This is because the brown ones are usually the most stubborn.

‘No please do n0t do this, please- I am sorry’

He did not listen to me he just continued, his voice sounded horrible

‘Please I beg you, do not turn me into a goat’ I stretched my hands in front of me begging my eyes becoming cloudy with tears.

Then he suddenly stopped.

‘Why should I not turn you? Its better I turn you into a goat, it will make the sacrifice easier and less emotional-’

‘But that was not the plan’ I said as if I knew the plan before.

‘There is no plan, I am all the plan!’

‘I am sorry’ I apologized.

He tucked the vandan into his pocket, came before me.
He rested his hands on the two arms of the chair and looked into my eyes.
He reeked of garlic.
I remembered seeing him in the dinning when he devoured a human meat pepper soup with garlic. The reminiscence made me a bit nervous.

‘I thought you said that you were not scared of death?’ he said looking into my eyes.

So indeed he wants to deflate my ego? I cherished my ego more than any thing; I would not let him make a rubbish of me.

‘I am not scared of dying- in fact it is better for me to die than for me to turn into a goat. That was my fear. That was the main reason why I was begging- death does not dread me’ I smiled at myself at how quick I composed that.

He kept his gaze-

‘Does that makes sense to you?’ he said giving me a downgrading look.

‘Well if does not make sense to you, then that is your problem’. Well that was what I wanted to say, but after a deep thought on his powers to turn me into a goat, I kept my mouth shut.
Lollz.

He shook his head, and took his seat.
I did not understand if the gesture was of pity or of intellectual intimidation.

‘Well you know something?’ he began.

I shook my head in the negative, turning to look at him, where he sat beside me.

‘It is not like I did not know that you killed Solomon and Capon, in fact when Salami killed Grasshopper I knew. When any volturis die, I get an alert. And their tracking devices suddenly turn red’

‘Tracking device?’ I asked a bit curious.

‘Yes’ he replied as if I forced him to talk.

‘However, the fun of asking you was what I delighted, so that showing you this would cripple your smartness’

‘Show me what?’ I asked, not wanting to make my self believe that the cameras actually picked me. although it would be great fun to see my Jackie Chan and Undertaker move-

‘Usually, no camera works in the archives, I mean mortuary’

I nodded.

He continued.

‘I have tried it time and again but it always turns off by its self. Its not something that any spiritual person can do- no matter how strong’

I nodded again, fascinated by his story.

‘However…’ he spoke and paused looking into my eyes.

‘however what?’ I asked curious.

He widened his mouth in a smile.

‘PLAY!’ he ordered the system.

The plasma came on, and what I saw next was my self entering the mortuary.
However, there was something shocking about the video- the drama I did before entering the mortuary, the spirits pushing me, every thing, was not there.
I was mused at the strange scene.

‘But the video is wrong, it is not complete’ I spoke to myself.
Unfortunately he heard me.

‘Really what is not there?’

‘I think you edited it’ I spok, my eyes still glued to the screen.

‘Oh like the time you said you entered the girls room before entering the mortuary?, that lie?’ He gave a sarcastic grin.

‘Yes that scene’ I spoke lost in thoughts.

One thing became sure. He did not edit the video, but, the scene was not there.

Suddenly, he turned and looked at me-

I kept the stare-
‘I smell something, did you have a spiritual encounter? I see something funny in your eyes. Wait… what am I saying…why am I not thinking, why did I not think this all this while? You- You really entered that mortuary and no spirit troubled you? Who are you?’

I looked into his eyes- no words came out for about fifteen seconds-
Then finally I spoke.

‘I am just like you’ I replied

Our gaze locked.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by purpinkx(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
" i am just like you "

baddest guy ever liveth

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
purpinkx: " i am just like you "

baddest guy ever liveth

lollz-
PURPINKX- where u run go na all dis years?
me miss u o-
anyways-
welcome man-

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oga Jayloyexten.... 'Who r u'? Beta say d truth... Ur updates are scary sumtyms buh der is no way am goin to mis any of it.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by sconp: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
Who are you? I AM THE SAVIOUR.

1 Like

Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
alright-

hi dears and dearies, hansome and pweedies-
even those wey get face one kin-

heres my blog addy-

www.jayloyexten.

feel free to take a walk down- and see what i am up to-
THANKS

;-D
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: Oga Jayloyexten.... 'Who r u'? Beta say d truth... Ur updates are scary sumtyms buh der is no way am goin to mis any of it.

lollz- i am me na- no fear-

btw- thanks ;-D
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
U be James Bond.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
Oga jay pls do nd update.. Y d delay kwanu?? Hapy wekend oh
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
Y u no update na
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
EPISODE 50

Our eyes locked for some time, I could see how his lips moved in phonetic sound shapes with no word actually coming out. Finally, he took his gaze away and looked at the now paused video. From that view he spoke.

‘I have heard of some strong humans who have high influence on spiritual powers. No matter the powers that be, once they step in, they neutralize those powers. Or they just earn the respect of those powers.. These people are either Christians or people unknowingly possessed from their dreams, childbirth, by any means at all. Also it may just be the power that resides in one of a pair of twins. Sometimes he may wield spiritual energy.’
‘I could easily assume that you fell into the first group because of your former church…’

‘Former church?’ I voiced out. I knew he was referring to my archaic church. But one thing I could not get in the snap of my fingers, was the way he got to know.
Is this how they deal with their victims? Do they indeed read their biography before taking them?
Or is it that things are just so different with me. When pastor Salami said something similar, I was not surprised because he had an affiliate with my dad. He said they were auld Lang friends. But for the priest knowing this much, I find it preposterous.

I could feel a fear that erupted from my unconscious living in the past. So these men have been monitoring my life all this while. If of a truth they have, then there must be something special they see in me. But what could that be. I see my self as an average teenager who is ruled by his emotions, wants his voice to be heard, his feeling like an adult would not let him take any form of downgrade from those who may seem older. That is who I am, and that is the summary of my smartness.

Then I began to see things from a different angle. Probably my coming here is not really to die but for something else. If they had waited patiently for me to finish school, (by what I perceive, its like they have known me for some years.) or if they had done thorough investigation on my lifestyle before adopting me, then my purpose here can not be to be wasted on one god forsaken altar of sacrifice.

Could it be about me wielding spiritual energy? No I do not think so, he just discovered that. So what could be my purpose of coming into this empire. Already Salami had told me secrets, the priest does not seem secretive by what he has been saying..
If indeed I am meant to die, then I should not be awake by now. The night is far spent. What I know about the sacrifice of goats and chickens, is that they are tied somewhere before the time of sacrifice. No one cares about them probably they are even starved, after all, death awaits them. But, why is mine different?

……………………………………………………………………………………………..

TWO WEEKS BEFORE-

‘David’

‘Sir,’
Dad called my name softly as we sat on the dinning table, our plates empty before us.
Mom and Vera had just packed the empty cooler of food and their plates to the kitchen.

‘You know that you are a special child’

‘What makes me special? I barely do my house chores. Sometimes I misbehave and do naughty things. If you had simply said David do you know that Vera is special I would have agreed without a second thought, because I know how wonderful she is, but for me I do not see anything special in my self, except it is a word of prophesy’ I grinned as I ended my speech. He grinned in response.

‘Well, maybe I choose the wrong word’

‘So you mean that I am not special?’ I said, shooting him a teasing look.

‘Well so now you want to be special’

‘Want? So you mean I am not special’ my face broadened with smile.

‘Of course you are, so will you let me say what I want to say?’

‘Of course. Its just that some pre-ambles sound weird at times’

Something about my family is that the children have a little freedom of speech. Its not like the typical Nigerian family where children are afraid to exchange words with their parents, run for cover when their father is around, and their legs become a different part of their body, uncontrollable, when standing before their dad.

‘You dream to be a lawyer and you are bent on doing that right?’

‘Of course, you asking me that question is not just strange but…’

‘I know’ he interjected.
‘What I am saying is that, what of if you find yourself in a place where your dreams cannot be accomplished, what would you do’

‘Sir I do not get your question clearly’
Vera came in and packed the remaining plates.
‘Thank you sweetie pie’ I whispered to her. She replied with a wink.
There was something about her wink; it always comes with her dimples, so beautiful and perfect.

Dad continued.
‘What I mean is that, the most important thing in life is to know what you want from. It is not about been a lawyer but what do you really want to achieve as a lawyer. For example, if your aim, is to influence the government or become an activist, even if you do not read law, you could still achieve that. It could be mass communication,, political science or any other thing. But the thing is that at the end, whatever life feeds you with, you will still be fulfilled, that is the essence of knowing what you really want, and not just the path way to what you want’

He continues-
‘Some people only know the way to where they want, but they do not kinow what they want to see at the end of the way. You see, law is only a means to an end, what do you really want?’

‘Hmmm’ I Gave a deep breath, trying to churn the hard meat he had just given convoluted brain.

He continued.
‘You know the state of our country, it is so competitive, and the school you have chosen is making matters a bit tough. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife. Things may not go well, but before things go wrong or opposite, you have to know the deep thing you want. Well, do not forget that I would not dare take you to those glorified secondary schools nick named universities’

We both smiled.

‘What if I send you abroad and you get initiated into a gang, a tough one that you cannot let loose, will you still meet your purpose in life?
For instance if your purpose is to save lives, even in that terrible situation, you will still remain fulfilled. That is because you can use your powers to save people- you see what I am saying…’

We continued talking for some time. After the deep talk I told him I would think of a purpose for life—I was still thinking, second week of my thinking, when I got adopted.

……………………………………………………………………………………………

‘A secret gang abroad?’ the thought came into my head.
Peradventure this was what he was trying to tell me, that one day I would find my self in Volturis. Does that mean I am to be initiated into Vollturis? Do death actually mean the death of my former self as human, and the resurrection of a different been, called cannibal?

I examined the words my dad said clearly
‘What of if I send you abroad’ abroad simply mean a large place, it may not mean going beyond the boarders. Now he sent me abroad, the road from Kaduna to Lagos, is deem fit to be called abroad.

I considered the next word.
‘And you get initiated into a secret gang’
That gang could simply mean Volturis. Gosh! My dad was fully aware of my predicament; he had prepared me for the day. He called me special.

But why me, why would a dad wants his child to be a cannibal of all positive things in life. The only reasonable reason could be because he is one himself.

So I am not really going to die, or doesn’t it seem obvious. It was as if every hour I spent in voturis unveiled strong reasons why I should hate my parents. I could not fathom their level of heartlessness. Could it be that that firm embrace and watery eyes I got from my mom when I was about entering the bus was a farewell?
My heart burnt with anger and pity at the same time.

The priest continued
‘Of course your former church…’

‘How did you get to know my former church’ I looked at him with suspicion.

‘Well that is not your business; I know what I want to know’

‘Yes priest’ I said. Maybe it did not sound so obvious that I was mocking him.

‘Now back to what I am saying. You cannot have that spiritual aura except if you were in that former church, however, a day in Salamis church would wipe everything you have in a snap, and the worse in the Holy Communion, it would make you an ignoramus volturis’

I was not surprised at what he said of my archaic church, I knew that although archaic it possessed the real thing.

‘The second is if you are initiated. The initiation of the lords supper is not strong enough to give you such power, so again I ask, what power do you wield’

‘I am just an ordinary man like you’

‘You call me ordinary?’

‘Well, I did not actually call you ordinary; I only equated you with my self. Because I know that if I was the one to pick up that big book from the shelf I would have sent the spirit out, and probably faster, because I am a faster reader. You see what I am saying; your power resides in the books, same books I can get if I am interested in spiritism. You are just like everyman, the only difference is that some men read novels, some read bibles, some others read journals but you read spiritual books. It’s a life of choice. So you see in as much as I do not want to disrespect you, I do not see any tangible power residing in you apart from those in the books’

‘You are pushing me to the wall’ he roared, as if ready to tear my soul apart with magic.

‘No I am not pushing you to the wall; I am only pulling my self from the wall of mirage’

It took him some time to get that.

‘So many people find it difficult to pull out’ I concluded when I was sure he got the first doze.

‘Who pushed you to the wall?’ he asked trying to play along.

‘False philosophies and blindness’

‘And what opened your eyes?’

‘When you read from the book’

He looked straight at me, as if I pinched him. I tuned my face to the front, leaving him to gnash at my stubborn jaw, rightly placed to torment him.

He stood up and smiled.
I used the opportunity of his standing to spy at Solomon’s ghost that sat still. He was fiddling with a Techno Phantom, the way techno android suddenly advanced still puzzles me. However, nothing was more puzzling than seeing a ghost fiddling with a phone, where did he get it from? I know ghosts do not conform to this world.
Although I believe in re-incarnation to some extent, after all the picture of Elijah in the bible and John the Baptist was something like re-incarnation, however, I know that re-incarnation takes a little time.

I was distracted by a sudden serious but short laughter from the priest.
‘Ho ha ha ha ha’
‘You think you can push me to the wall like a kid? Do you know how old I am?
Look whether you think I have powers or not, it doesn’t matter, you will soon know if my power lies only in the books’

‘No I am not saying that..’ I started with a pitiful look as If I wanted to support him- he fell for it-
‘What I mean is that the ones you have in your head are the ones you crammed out from books…’ I knew what I had said was too raw, it was like making sand-wich, I need to now cover it up with bread
‘It’s actually an art, that anybody can learn, I am not saying you do not have power’

Suddenly something in my mind said I should pray and confess my sins to God.
I quickly whispered in my heart to God-
‘Please forgive me all my sins, my lust, my anger, my murder, and everything, please I repent, come and stand beside me. Thank you’
That was all I said. And I felt a kind of deep peace. Now I had the power I had lost from the archaic church.

‘I need to prove something to you, a life time experience that you will never forget’

‘A life time experience? So you mean that I have a life?’

He looked at me- I could read that anger in his face.

Suddenly he burst into some crazy incantations- he called a spirit name that I would not like to mention
He said- ‘…turn his mouth to beak, and let him whisper for a while…’
Then he uttered some more incantations, and blew a mouthful of air on my face with his mouth.
I almost threw-up, because his mouth reeked of garlic.

Suddenly, I heard a chicken’s voice beside me.

Solomon’s mouth had grown out and turned to a beak, he was coughing like a mother hen, calling her children at the sight of a covered grain.

We both turned our face in amazement towards Solomon.
‘Oh no, not him, or spirit of transformation not him. I did not blow the air on his face, I blew it on this boy’s face to teach him a lesson, why have you treated me like this?’

Two things surprised me.
One he had just proved he had power, and he truly does whether he crammed speeches or not.
Two, Solomon a ghost was affected, I did not understand his ghost-ship, and it still bothered me

He turned to me- the priest.
I saw disappointment and frustration written all over his face.

‘Who are you’ He asked, his voice sober and shaky.

I looked into his eyes…
‘I thought I was like you, I never knew I was greater’

The next thing we both saw before the next episode comes, was our eyes-
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by sconp: 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
David is greater wow.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ultimate Wizard vs Novice Wizard
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2013
bin bit busy-

update comes tody- max 2mao-

sorry for the delay------
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
Am expecting it oh.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by xtophera(f): 11:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wow,very intriguing
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
xtophera: Wow,very intriguing

thanks dearie-
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
EPISODE 51

The continuing whistling of Solomon, who suddenly appeared before us interrupted our gaze.
We turned and looked at him with compassion.

Somehow, I felt he deserved it. However, on the other hand, I was flabbergasted at how the evil had just evaded me.
Was it the short prayer I prayed that saved my a-ss… Or was it that the priest actually made a mistake in his incantations.

‘No this cannot happen to you’ The priest began
“Ah spirit of transformation you cannot do this. The lion does not roar at his cubs, ah when the dog climbs the hill to tear the stranger apart, it drops its ear beneath the hill, to hear the voice of its natives and owners.’

‘Ah! No matter how flexible and cunny a snake is, it does not turn to bite its own tail, not in provocation, not in excitement. Are you excited or are you provoked, or have I wrongly invoked. Shall a mother hit her child for grasping her scrumptious breast out of excitement? Out of hunger, out of dire need. Ahhh! Shall the spear of evil also stab the very elect?
Why have you done this to me, to shame me? Why have chosen this morning for your evil deeds, what is it that aileth thee…’
He went ahead speaking to the air. Or should I say, speaking to his god.

After some more appeal he switched to incantations- afterwards, he made a proclamation.

‘I speak to you beak, disappear and let him find peace on the surface of the earth!’
Afterwards he blew breeze on Solomon’s face, but nothing happened.

‘What is this!’ he shouted jumping up and shaking his head vigorously.

‘I speak and you must hear me. It is the same voice that ordered you to act, that orders you to un-act. Now again I command you, come back to normal, naaaaaaaaw!’
He blew breeze on his face again, but nothing changed, his protruding beak seemed even longer.

Solomon became uneasy. He was trying to say something, but all we could hear was the whistling of a chicken. By his demonstrations, I could tell the height of his frustration.
He clenched his fists and banged them angrily on the air.

When the priest saw that, nothing was happening; he paused and shot me a suspicious look.

‘David are you a Christian?’ he asked softly.

Solomon got tired of whispering with nobody paying attention to him. Placing his hand on his head in a frustrated gesture, he took his seat. He was still whispering, probably throwing tantrums, all to himself.

I looked at the priest’s frustrated look, why does he feel so powerless.

‘Yes I am’ I answered soberly.

‘But you go to the Spirit and the Blood…Ministry, how come…’

‘So you mean that those that go to the church are not Christians?’

‘You know the truth don’t you?’

‘Yeah but I cannot understand a truth; why do I seem like a threat to you?’ I stylishly changed the subject.

‘A threat? No you do not seem like a threat to me’

‘Why then did you ask if I was Christian?’

‘I feel a greater power trying to pull down this empire, this place suddenly changed, I don’t really know what happened. But I know things like this can happen when a Christian prays. However, I do not see that Christian aura around you’

I smiled in my mind.
‘Well if you do not see it then it must be something else’

‘Something like what?’

‘Really I may not know’

Solomon stood up, this time in anger probably he was tired of whispering to himself. Facing me, he blurted in strange whispers, I wonder what was so provoking.

‘Please have your seat you would be fine’ the priest offered

He did not seem to listen or even want to. He pointed his index finger at me, fuming greatly. He seemed cute in his chicken beak, a cute male parrot….hoo hooo hooo ;-))

‘I said seat down, you would be fine’ the priest raised his voice.

He shot me a threatening look, and then finally sat down. However, he did not take his stare away from me.
I wanted to yell at him saying- ‘why are you starring at me like that, what of yours did I take, can you please face your front- don’t you even know how cute you look in your beak!’ and probably end it with a scorn.
However, I just looked at him for a while, after wards I faced the priest who stood before me.

‘David…’ the priest called softly.

‘Sir’ I answered, surprised at his sudden soberness.

‘You have not slept through out the night, and now the time is about 5 45 am, you should get some rest’

I did not know what to say-
Truly, I had not really slept, and my eyes felt heavy, nevertheless I did not know where I would feel convenient as to sleep in this place.
What would assure me that I would see the light of day, what would assure me that I would not be killed in my dreams…
What would have made the night fair is far gone, Amanda is gone…

‘Follow me’ he said as he walked towards the door.
My legs could not move, I could not trust where he was taking me. Probably he wants me to excuse him so that he could deliver Solomon from his spell.
But really, is it not spirits that liberate mortals? I thought that ghosts were more powerful than humans were.

The priest had walked to the door assuming I was following him.
Getting to the door, he turned to find me sitting comfortably.

‘David, I said you should follow me’ he said soberly

‘Where are you taking me to?’

‘A place where you can spend the night’

I knew that already, however I did not feel like going with him, and I also did not feel like staying with him in his Shrine either.

Sluggishly, I walked up to him-
‘Thank you’ he said ‘follow me’

Suddenly I heard I loud cock-crow
‘cock-a-doo-doo’

Immediately I turned back, only to find that it was Solomon.
He felt shy. He covered his face immediately. It was as if the sound came out of him without control. It is normal for a cock to do that about that time. He was fast becoming a chicken, I thought he just had a beak, I never knew that it was worse.

Afterwards, he removed his hands, removed his shyness, and tried to say something— ‘what is your business, face your front!’
The words did not come out, but I could guess that he tried to say that.

I did not know if I should burst into laughter…
The priest shook his head. He felt deep pity for him. He wished he was not so helpless.

He opened the burglary, and then he went further to open the double door.
I was anxious to see where I was, and where the door would lead.

I smiled when I discovered I was in the former passage. The ICT lab was just at the other end of the passage- that is the mortuary in reversed position.

He walked towards the room where I had fainted, each step I took towards the door made my heart beat.
I could hear my shoe trying to pronounce ‘A-man-da A-man-da’ with the combination of three steps A- MAN-DA

My heartbeat increased; it became heavier and faster.
At last, we got to the former door where I saw the ghost of Amanda; the door closest to the mortuary. Somehow, I felt the ghosts were still there but maybe they only work at night. I was disappointed…

‘Go through that door, have a nice rest, shut the door behind you, good night’ he said leaving me behind the door. I wondered why he did not open the door and put me inside. Solomon did the same thing.

What are they concealing, does it mean that it is instant death for whoever enters the room, and could that be why they are avoiding it?
Now he says I should lock the door behind me. No way!

‘I cannot enter this room’ I blurted out

‘Why’ he questioned concerned.

‘Not until you enter first’

‘There is no big deal, it is just a room, I swear’

‘Why should I believe you’

‘Because I am not compelling you’

‘What does that mean?’

‘I mean if something evil lurked you in that place, I would have forced you in’

I wanted to say I saw the ghost of Amanda in there the other time. However, I did not know, my lips moved but no words came out.
I ended up starring at him for seconds.

He assumed I heard nothing to say, so he walked away.

I wanted to shout him to stop, but I just watched how his round shoulders disappeared into his room, the door shut behind.

I was choice-less, however I knew that it could not be worse than the mortuary, nothing actually can be more horrifying than the scenes of the mortuary… but that did not kill my fears completely.

My hands shook as I held the knob. My prayer was simple-
‘Oh lord I am fed up of seeing ghosts, please do not let me see one again’

As I opened the door, I knew that my prayer was not answered…

Next( coming today)

‘Amanda you are dead, please just go away, your sight no more thrill me, it shrills me…’

‘I am not dead, close the door behind you, there is something we have to discuss…’

The next episode should leave you smilling…
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
Make sure you wow us o.
Let me predict.
I can't predict e don pass.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
im sorry i cannot update to night as promised...

a bit fatigued, moreso theres an urgent essay i need to submit tonight...

thanks... always.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by gameboy727(m): 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
jayloyexten: im sorry i cannot update to night as promised...

a bit fatigued, moreso theres an urgent essay i need to submit tonight...

thanks... always.
Take all the time you need bro
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2013
I wonder what they are to discuss.
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by sconp: 8:08am On Nov 09, 2013
Waitin o
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by Daniel2802(m): 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
Waiting...
Re: What Lurks In The Dark by jayloyexten(m): 9:57am On Nov 11, 2013
I stood at the entrance of the door, leaving it ajar. I could not stand the sight of Amanda.
She was lying on the bed, my fearful entry made her jerk, her cloudy eyes starred back at me.

I received a bullet of shock, which sunk into my bones and veins like electric current.
My hands began to shake, gently at first before it became vigorous and uncontrollable. It was as if I was fanning a dry coal. I felt as if my blood drained and gathered in my fingers. My palms became cold like a dead man. Sweat welled down from beneath my jacket hands, tracing my veins down, until it leaked and flooded my palms.

I did not know when my lips became agape, my tongue spread all over my mouth in a sour taste, my eyes shone like a 500-watt bulb.
Already my whole body was shivering. Electric shock regenerated from my heart and spread all across my chest, until it diverged to my two legs. In no time my whole body was shaking, my shoulders were flapping, as if they wanted to clap. It was as if my body was no longer mine, I could no longer feel my self.
It was a great battle trying to bring my body to stability, of which I was defeated.

A pitiful tear rolled down my swollen cheek…
‘A…ma..aa..a.an…da…da…’ the name struggled from my mouth and left my lips separated.

‘Da…vid…’ she called back.

Suddenly everything began to happen very slowly, she dropped her legs from the bed.
My heart beat increased; I began to breathe with my eyes, nose, mouth and ears, my shoulder following the rhythm.

She pulled herself to full height. Her stomach glued to her body. Her waist was like a wine cup. She was slim and beautiful. Her legs twisted as she tried to take a step away from the bed.

She wore a sleeveless pink gown, which was free from her waist downwards and ended just inches beneath her knees. Her legs shone as if she creamed it with olive oil.
She wore a black jacket atop the gown, which she left unbuttoned. Her black curly hair fell behind her.

Her eyes glowed from beneath the thick darkness of her eyelids and eyelashes. I wondered how she could breathe with her small nose, and how my puffy name could manage to squeeze out from her tiny mouth.

She took a step and stopped beside the bed.

The bed was not so far from the door.
It was just a room with a bed, cupboard, television on the wall and a lavatory at another end.

We were lost in the world of each other’s eyes for some seconds.
There was something awkward about this Amanda, she did not look exactly like Amanda her face was a bit different. Well I owed that to the thought that she was a ghost.
However, I was wrong about one thing; she was not a ghost…

‘Amanda you are dead, please just go away, your sight no more thrill me, it shrills me…’
I managed to say after sometime.

Definitely, the priest knows something about the presence of this ghost. Probably it may not even be Amanda but a mere ghost appearing in her form.

She slanted her head to the left in a show of pity. Her mouth fell apart to no words at first; then she gathered her mouth again and spoke.

‘I am not dead… you have to believe me. Close the door behind you, there is something we have to discuss…’

I looked at her and then the door, shifting my gaze from each in confusion.
I looked at her thoroughly again as if searching for a reason on her body to close the door.

‘Close the door…’ she said again.
Suddenly I discovered something on her body that stole my attention.
I closed the door, and rested on it with my back.

I was pointing to her cloth with my two hands. My heart clouded with doubt.
‘Is…is… that… not..the..i..i..’ I managed to say

Her face fell into a broad smile.

‘Why are you smiling’ I asked stunned
‘That- that- cloth you are wearing…’

‘What is wrong with it?’ she bent her head to examine her cloth, as if she did not know what she was wearing before.

‘That is not the cloth Amanda wore, I know that cloth…’
‘Y-you said that you are not Amanda. Why have you decided to taunt me like this?’

‘I am not taunting you’ she said fed up with me. She sat on the edge of the bed, wagging her legs in an I-don’t-care way.

‘That was the cloth Sandra wore, and you are appearing in the form of Amanda’ I spilled out the words at last, my face ending in a sour.

‘I am not Amanda’ - bluntly

I paused and looked at her again.

‘Lock the door behind you; I want to show you something’ it sounded more like a command.

I starred at her for some time and then finally closed the door with my hands behind me, still resting on the door.

‘I am Sandra…’ she said.

I burst into laughter ‘such a joke…’
‘Look I do not have time for ghosts even the priest cannot stand my powers, I am a Christian-’ I bragged.

‘David, when I said you were a man I saw something in you…’

Her sentence had just triggered a flashbulb memory in the bus. I looked at her, more stunned.

She placed her hand on her face, as if trying to squeeze it. What are you doing! I almost shouted at her, as her face wrinkled like an octogenarian woman. She squeezed her shoulders… my heart began to shake. She was changing into something I could not imagine. Her body was wrinkling.. What is happening?
I tried to unlock the door quietly from behind me.

My doubts had been clarified; this is not Sandra. Volturis had planned it all evil for me.

I faced the door, wanting to unbolt it and find my way out before things got worse, however a thought struck me like paralysis ‘where are you going to’ the question was unanswerable. In my dismay, I turned back. She was still struggling with her face…
Suddenly her head divided, and the front part fell to the ground….

I starred at my horror with disbelieve
She was wearing a perfect mask. The mask was the perfect replica of Amanda.
Was this what I had called ghost? However, what I still saw after the mask fell, was another dimension….

‘Sandra’ I called with disbelieves
‘But you are dead… I mean I saw your head in the bag of pastor Salami’

‘Really you did? You think I was dead?’

‘Wait I must be dreaming, I can’t figure this out’ I rubbed my two hands on my bushy hair in confusion.

‘David’ she called my name softly as she stood up again, approaching me.

‘Wait, do not come close!’ I shouted stopping her with a hand sign; stop.
She stopped and starred at me.

I could not believe that Sandra stood before me. The flashes of her beheaded head flushed through my mind.

‘Sandra you are dead, all the people I knew that got into this empire with me are dead. I am left alone, I saw your ghost…’

Suddenly, I remembered what Amanda said when I saw her in my dreams with Sandra. She said that it was just a reflection of her. She said I would understand; could this be it?

‘Really maybe they made you think that I was dead, but I think you can see things yourself’

‘Where did you get that mask from? Who are you, are you part of volturis? Or are you a ghost?’

‘How many questions are you going to ask me standing at that door? Well the most important thing is that I am not a ghost, I am still your Sandra, no I am not yours because you never asked me out’ she ended with a smile.

I was not in the mood for smiling. I starred at her, my heart full of doubt.
‘Prove it to me that you are Sandra and not a ghost’

‘Really, how do you want me to do that?’

‘I do not know just prove it’

Then she walked close to me. Each step she took towards me made my heart jerk.
‘I said you should not come close’ I said panicky.

‘But you said that I should prove that I am human’

She was still coming close, this time it was four more steps to get to me’

‘But I did not say you should come close’ My heart beat was still increasing.

‘How then do you want me to prove…’ she ate the last words, and brought her self close and closer and…

The next place I found my self in her firm embrace. She was warm, and that was to answer all my questions.

Whispering into my ears, she said
‘Ghosts do not have bodies, you cannot feel them, and if at all they reincarnate they have cold bodies… do I make you feel cold?’

The answer to her last question was ‘NO’. However, I was thinking about what she said of Ghosts. If that is true of ghost why then does a ghost operate a Tecno Phantom phone. Why did Solomon… well I did not feel his body, probably he would have felt cold. I wondered what his mission was…

We un-tightened our embrace and looked directly into the black apple of our eyes.
‘David’ she called soberly, as if keeping back her tears.
‘Sandra’ I responded, my heart tearing apart with crazy emotions.

‘This is a miracle’ I squeezed out
‘I never knew that I would see you again, I thought you were dead’

‘Well now you know that I am not dead, shall we…’

We walked to the bed-
‘I think we need to sleep before the day finally breaks and we face a new world of miseries’ she suggested.

‘I cannot sleep, not in this place’ I said as I sat beside her on the edge of the bed.

‘Me too I could not sleep, not until now, I mean now that I have seen you. The first time I saw you come in, my heart jumped with joy, but suddenly you fainted, I was scared for you, I felt like you had died already. I knew how scary it would look like, but I never knew you could figure out the death of Amanda’
‘How did you do that?’

I told her a brief story of my experience in the mortuary, but I did not tell her that I killed two people; neither did I tell her what I dreamt of; It was secret- top secret.

‘You mean you experienced a ghost, are they real?’ she said surprised.
‘I do not believe you; maybe you are saying that to scare me’ she rubbed her hands together.

‘It is true’ I said gentlemanly.

She burst out into laughter pulling my hands to her,
‘Tell me that you are pulling my legs, tell me that it is a joke!’

Probably what was most thrilling to her was the whispers of the ghosts and how they pulled and pushed me, it was so unbelievable to her.

I finally spoke after dancing to her push and pull laughter.
‘I wish I was. I wish I was so creative in telling stories probably I would be feeling so joyful that I thrilled you’ my expression was blank.

She let go of me, gradually. It was as if the words sank gradually into her mind.

‘You are a man’ she said after seconds of silence.

‘Why did you say that? I asked looking into her eyes again.

She shrugged.

‘Well I would have called you a woman, but that would sound somehow. Like you would look too motherly with that word, it’s far bigger than you’ I ended with a grin.

She chuckled.
‘Yeah, its better you call me lady, you know, it’s cool. Or… no call me sister, I prefer it that way’

‘Yeah’

There was silence as we both mopped at the wall ahead of us.
‘I am missing my people’ she broke the silence.

‘Your people? Me too, but it is like I do not feel like seeing them’

‘Why?’ She asked looking deeply concerned.

I could not tell her that I have lots of evidence to prove that my parents were involved in my kidnap. It was not just annoying but shameful!

‘No it’s nothing really;’ I began
‘You know that we are going to die after all. Or just live our rest lives as slaves to the philosophies we do not like, until we become so deep in what we never wanted. There are just so many things I cannot figure out about this Empire; it is such a big world of mystery.’

‘Is that why you do not feel like seeing them’

I shrugged.

‘Really you want to be a cannibal?’ she asked looking stunned.

‘That is the point; I do not want to be a cannibal. But we seem so helpless in this place. As my literature teacher normally says in school, I guess it is a Chinese proverb.
It states ‘as grasshoppers are to wanton boys so are we to the gods they use us for their sports’ We are victimized. And I do not see any hope of our exit… it is like the whole empire would crash on my head very soon’

She did not say a word. She bent down, and tried to draw something on the floor.
I diverted my attention to what she was drawing, it looked like a cup shape, but by the time she drew it again I knew that it was a love shape.

‘A love shape?’ I voiced out.

‘Yeah I think God is love, He can do all things’

It was a stab on my emotions, yes, God is love and I am a Christian, but I was expecting her to relate the love symbol to me. it would have been more exciting. I was disappointed. Or did she just lie?

She sat up and looked at me-

‘I think you should be thankful to the priest’
My eyes brightened immediately.

‘Why, what do you know about him?’

‘Nothing’ she said nonchalant.

‘I really think you should be grateful to the priest’

‘Sandra you are speaking parables’

‘Or do I have to doubt your personality?’ I said to my self.

I looked at the mask on the ground, then looked at her face-

‘Sandra there is something you are hiding’

‘Not really maybe there are things you should know’

‘Things like what’

‘Maybe you should wait for the next episode’ she replied grinning.

sorry for the delay, you know its getting tougher so i need some time.
never mind though, this week things should flow better.

thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

New Story : Afraid To Love / Grace Ifeoma Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda's Mum Buried (Photos, Video) / Ibale{virginity}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.