Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? (1283 Views)

Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by lacum: 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
here is an argument against homosexuals:

No, it is a choice. This may not
be a popular opinion but no one is
born gay any more than anyone is
born straight. If homosexuality is
not a choice, than neither is being
born straight. We star out asexual.
As we grow older, our beliefs and
environment shape us. If any
nature is involved, it is a very
small factor or other wise people
would not go back and forth being
gay and straight. Until proven
otherwise, I see it as an excuse to
promote homosexuality.

here is another argument supporting homosexuals:

It is not a choice. I think that
someone is born gay and doesn't
have a choice. I think it is a
biological thing that is developed
and you can't change it even if
you wanted. You can't choose to
be gay or straight you just are and
no matter what you try to do you
can't change it in any way.

dear nairalanders whats ur opinion on this. i believe your opinion will go a long way to help the government of nigeria either to stand firm or not in their zeal to stamp this ugly virus out of our country Nigeria
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by Sleekydee(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Bin gay is by choice....no one can tell mi a child will naturally develop an emotional or intimate feelin wit his or her sex type.....besides, dis whole homo/gay tins is clearly 4rm d abyss....God created all tins beautiful wit a provided order of doin things...even we Human recognise that we are Higher animals, but do we ever in any part of d world see lower animal participating in homo. Its simple, d Bible said it all, "jst lik it ws in d days of Noah(sodomy), so sha it b wen d comin of d Son of Man is @ hand" case closed.
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by UyiIredia(m): 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
It could be that some gays found out as they grew up that they had sexual attraction to men instead of women. Hence, I wouldn't discount the possibility of being born gay. Nevertheless, I think choice reigns supreme, one could, in theory, suppress his/her sexual desire of whatever nature. Furthermore, from my experiences in Kings' College, I concluded that environment could make, at least harbor gay feelings. I think many are aware of the fact that some male prisoners develop same-sex tendencies after a prolonged period without intercourse with the opposite sex.
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by manmustwac(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
Nobody is born gay it is conscious or subconscious decision to be gay. We are born either male or female but definately not gay

1 Like

Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
I believe some people's sexuality is gay i.e they re naturally attracted to same sex just d way most of us re attracted to opposite sex.
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by EvilBrain1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
Anyone who claims that he chose to be straight is essentially admitting that he is attracted to members of the same sěx I.e that he is gay himself.

I never had to choose anything, when I was 10, or so I just somehow became interested in girl's böøbs and ynashes automatically.

If you consciously have to choose between staring at a girl's ynash or a guy's crotch, then you are a homosexual. Or at the very least, bisexual.

4 Likes

Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by bizmahn: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2013
Immoral perversion through godlessness gave rise to the gay syndrome.Men like to explore & go to extremes when it comes to evil things but not for the good.They explore with fellow men,animal pets (bestiality) and presently little kids (as in child molestation)and ince$t.
But then America and the western world took it to extremes when they legalised this error instead of creating institutions to help gays defeat the syndrome.The question that defeats the American decision to legalise ga'y is:- Will you legalise child sexu'al molestation,bestiality,rap'e,hard drugs,stealing,ince$t etc just because some group of people feel they can't live without it? Or is it not better to create rehabilitation centres & invest in psychlogical & medical solutions for them?Are there not pr0stitutes,alc0holics,drug addicts that quit due to rehabilitative help?t
Spiritually the answer to ga'y syndrome is found in Rom.1:28-32:-And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge GOD GAVE THEM OVER to a reprobate mind to do those things which are not convenient ...fornication,wickedness,inventors of evil things...KJV.

1 Like

Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by zetch: 9:49am On Jun 30, 2013
So.. you think that because you are not gay, that is a choice you had?

if the whole world was gay, and you are heterosexual, you think that must have been a choice you made? stop beating a dead horse, no science can confirm it's a choice people make, there might be a new development linking it to a gene of a fetus. You are born that way for some people the same way many are born to love the opposite sex.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/11/scientists-may-have-finally-unlocked-puzzle-of-why-people-are-gay
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by bizmahn: 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
zetch: So.. you think that because you are not gay, that is a choice you had?

if the whole world was gay, and you are heterosexual, you think that must have been a choice you made? stop beating a dead horse, no science can confirm it's a choice people make, there might be a new development linking it to a gene of a fetus. You are born that way for some people the same way many are born to love the opposite sex.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/11/scientists-may-have-finally-unlocked-puzzle-of-why-people-are-gay

Serial killers & rapists can prove its not a choice they have to make.There might possibly be a gene connection.So America & western world should quickly legalise & support serial killing & other crimes.Satanists can't do without human blood sacrifices & they have legally registered satanic churches in America.Therefore America should speedily legalise human sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by PrettySpicey(f): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
No child enters this world thinking about S.ex. About whether he/she prefers same s.ex or opposite. These are things that come with how that child grows up. What and who affects that child. I don't really how they end up gay, I just know there's something definitely unnatural about it. It is somehow against nature.
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:07am On Jul 01, 2013
Being gay is not a choice. What IS a choice is deciding that two people in love negatively affects you.

1 Like

Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by fxbomovi: 7:29am On Jul 01, 2013
No one is born gay and its not a wilfull choice. Its a bewitchment of the devil.
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by Joagbaje(m): 7:53am On Jul 01, 2013
It's not really their faults to a great extent , it's a demonic thing. The demons takes over their emotion . It has to be cast out
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's not really their faults to a great extent , it's a demonic thing. The demons takes over their emotion . It has to be cast out

Sweet Jebus, you people are důmb. I mean ancient peoples had an excuse for thinking every unexplained thing was caused by spirits. But you guys have seen seen how earthquakes, eclipses, hurricanes, volcanoes, diseases and famines have all turned out to have logical, non magic causes. Yet you can't spot the trend and reason accordingly.

The ability to connect dots, to find patterns in data and to use logic to predict trends is what separates us from animals.

Anyone who is still invoking demons and goddidit to explain anything in this day and age is on the wrong side of that dividing line.
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by Mranony: 12:11am On Jul 02, 2013
This is my take on it. Homosexuality is a sexual perversion much like incest, pedophilia and bestiality. I wouldn't really call it a 'choice thing' however choosing to engage in homosexual activities is sinful.
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 02, 2013
both.
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 02, 2013
People have natural preferences to certain things...a guy could like a big booty, he could like a pretty face, or he could be attracted to other guys.. This attraction will have developed at an early age.. Its his CHOICE whether he acts on it or not, but he cant help who he is attracted to.

My thoughts anyway..
Re: Are People Born Gay Or Is It By Choice? by MrTroll(m): 10:08am On Jul 02, 2013
Damn! See poor poor arguments biko.

Even the OP started out very poorly. Anyway, I hope to see better arguments down the line...

Edit: pls MOD, don't take this thread to the FP. I beg of you!

(1) (Reply)

Hellfire: The True Meaning. / When God Finally Decide To Punish Your Enemy (photo) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/10/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.