Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri (17983 Views)

625 Killed As Boko Haram Gunmen Slit Some Residents’ Throats / Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] / Atiku Abubakar:governors Armed Boko Haram, Niger Delta Militants! I Warned Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by awodman: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
The market had been burnt twice by Boko Haram.

Local traders at Gamboru Market in Maiduguri, Borno State, on Wednesday arrested six armed gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram members while allegedly trying to attack traders, witnesses said.

The gunmen, according to witness accounts, were spotted entering the market with their weapons hidden under their garments.

“A trader alerted us when he saw them and we immediately trailed and rounded them up,” said 36-year-old grocery merchant, Babagana Aji.

“We caught them with our hands before they attempted to bring out their guns, after we succeeded in disarming them we beat them blue and black before handing over to the soldiers’, said the trader.

The traders said they were encouraged by the youth vigilante who had been catching the terrorists using only sticks, cleavers and cutlasses.

“This Gamboru market had suffered several attacks; the Boko Haram has burnt it twice and killed several traders,” said Sanusi Dantakai, an orange vendor. “We are tired of the losses we incurred at every attack carried out by the Boko Haram. That was why we summoned courage to catch them today.”

A Boko Haram spokesman, Abu Zinnira, had on Monday in an email to journalists warned of the sect’s resolve to attack the youth vigilante and other young men who collude with soldiers to arrest its members.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/139216-traders-arrest-six-armed-boko-haram-gunmen-in-maiduguri.html

28 Likes

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Good job by the traders, its like everybody is growing some balls against the BH in dose areas now!
but i just dont like d way dose traders names were beng mentiond!

21 Likes

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by babadem2much(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Good job, this is the only way 2 stop this evil men operating. may God protect u all
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by babadem2much(m): 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2013
no be raining season we dey so, na so thunder go begin fire all d boko dem 1by1 dis tym around God is @ work don uban su
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
"beat them blue and black before handing them over to the soldiers" I am so loving these northern brave-hearts. since boko-rams have started engaging the locals, their path to doom is clear-cut.

4 Likes

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
Great news. I wish them more success.

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by taharqa2: 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
This is more like it. It is d only way a problem like BH can be defeated: the locals rejecting the ideology of d insurgents and fighting them. This was exactly how d even deadlier Maitesisine Violence was defeated in d early 1980s...dis' more like it.

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by 3ace(m): 4:24am On Jun 21, 2013
Obviously, they are yet to get the support their leader requested at the beginning of the insurgence. The fool thought his group was recognised by the Arab world but he now knows that he's alone. Kudos to the local people. This is like community policing-the sure way to tackle this menace.
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Celestyn8213: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2013
I hope the boko haram will not turn against the traders again tomorrow
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by colombiana: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2013
Evil prevails cuz good ple do notin. Nice one my aboki ninjas but u guys shud hav just killed them now

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by mu2sa2: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2013
Counterinsurgency can never be won with guns and armoured vehicles. That's why even with the guns and tanks plus one trillion naira budget at their disposal, jtf failed. JTF went to NE and targeted the ordinary people instead of working with them to fight boko haram. And both jtf and boko haram become the murderers of innocent people.
The ordinary people want to live their normal lives free from violence perpetrated by both soldiers and boko haram. And this is what they are doing now. Very soon the people will restore peace to their communities and these soldiers and boko haram will have to leave them to carry on their normal lives. God help them.

4 Likes

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2013
Boko haram have lost the battle already,they should just give up to prevent further bloodshed.
Its a lost battle already

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by gebest: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2013
awodman:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/139216-traders-arrest-six-armed-boko-haram-gunmen-in-maiduguri.html
good job, when you have pursue a goat to the wall, what will you expect, it will turn against you, nemesis is definitely catching up with BH.

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by fitzmayowa: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2013
Power to the people JTF...Hunt them down

2 Likes

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by martin1772(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
With dat, i think the menace wil soon stop
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
God give than more strength for their bravery. They r all going down
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by tyson55(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Since the civil population are fed up of the BH activities, they ( BH ) won't last long, it's a matter if time before they are all smoked out.

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Valto(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
this is nice.. boko haram must end! next time u guys catch them kill and set them ablaze!

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Redhot111(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
Doz Boko boyz no get sympathizers again oo. Even dia people sef don vex 4 dem so tey na only BUkoHARI cum dey sympathize wit dem. Well I like d speed at which dey r loosin out. God bless all our collective effort. God bless naija
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by kaeto(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
The tide is changed, no body is afraid of the boko losers anymore. The SOE worked really well against the suggestions and bigoted remarks of buhari and tinubu his as5 licking cousin.
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by aramarketeer: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
That's fortunate. And the part of beating them Blue & black not even the usual black and blue made me laugh ma ass out. The traders must have invented a nu way of beating people,specially for a BH member grin Good stuff!

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by druid06(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
After weeks of sad news we get this type of news that makes our hearts dance for joy. This is very relieving..

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
cogitoErgo: Good job by the traders, its like everybody is growing some balls against the BH in dose areas now!
but i just dont like d way dose traders names were beng mentiond!
Sincerely, our press is becoming a snitch. If it is political news abt GEJ and Amaechi, their sources are unnamed but in a delicate security situation such as ths, they mention names.
Nigeria Press is a denoueing irony.

7 Likes

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Lobolintin(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2013
relaxing with my alomo and pepsin, Jonas boy u are on too nah .... and plz Make them get boko haram ministry abeg....
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by point5: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2013
Kudos 2 u guyz,,God is ur strengt.we pray 4 ur protectn n more success ova dos Boko pipo.Amen

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Nuzo1(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2013
Government security agencies can only be effective as the host community want them to be.

Now that some of our northern brothers have realized this, the FG has to step up her game by hansomely rewarding individuals who expose these miscreats and place them on protection programme.

The local vigilante and traders of Gamboru market have taken the right step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by rozayx5(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2013
good
ACF can go to hell
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Policewoman(f): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2013
It seems the state of emergency and the military invasion has emboldened the locals in joining the fight against B.H. Kudos to president Jonathan.
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2013
Lobolintin: relaxing with my alomo and pepsin, Jonas boy u are on too nah .... and plz Make them get boko haram ministry abeg....
Who is ths and wher is he from? undecided

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Chamber10(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2013
Good job guys. This team work is good. Catch, beat blue and black b4 handing them over to soldiers for further action. As usual, some people will not comment on this thread.

Just an observation. I have not seen Lacasa's comments since the heat of this state of emergency became too much. Hope he is fine sha grin grin cool
Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by Wendyslim(f): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2013
Chamber10: Good job guys. This team work is good. Catch, beat blue and black b4 handing them over to soldiers for further action. As usual, some people will not comment on this thread.
. Park well leave ur comment and move on, Wetin concern u about pple wey no comment?

1 Like

Re: Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri by EveryLadY(f): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2013
Celestyn8213: I hope the boko haram will not turn against the traders again tomorrow

the Boko Haramites has attacked traders prior to these traders brave hearted act.Didn't u read that? whether the traders did what they did or not,attacking them is inevitable.So let us look @ the reasonable side of event pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Murder Soldier, Policeman In Rivers / Nigeria's 59 Independence: Goodluck Jonathan’s Message To Nigerians / APC Is The Real Threat To National Security Not Me – fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.