Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! (88415 Views)

Tomfrench Wins Mr. Nairaland Contest 2015 / Mr. Nairaland Contest 2015 - ELIMINATION ROUND 1 / Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
This is it! Our final destination! Your ultimate search for Mister Nairaland June 2013 ends right here; on this thread!

28 men started this competition. 23 have been voted out, and of the remaining 5, all we need is one!

These men have been lovely enough to grace us with their photos and give us a peak into their true beings with their profiles and answers for the Q&A session. We are very grateful for they have made this edition of Mister Nairaland the success that it is.

Mister Nairaland is going to be decided by your votes. So, vote wisely!

This is a one man/woman, one vote. You cannot vote more than one!

The men are handsome and charismatic. It is very hard to make a choice, but we have to if a new Mister Nairaland is to emerge.

Thank you all for being a part of this! I believe it's fair to say that the expectations of most for both Mr & Miss Nairaland have been exceeded. We hope you all enjoyed the ride!

Without further ado, here are our five finalists:

2 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
Contestant Number 22 is <<|LayLow.|>>.

LayLow is a business man in his very early 30's. He is a Lagosian.

Goal: It is my goal to set up a recurring, unending business that grows with time, of course good service and value for money spent by the customer with regards to product/service offered is an important criteria to be considered.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Modesty,Generosity,Happiness/Positivity

Mentor: I always look up to God. He is my Big boss at the top..

Hobbies & Skills: Bike riding, high rolling, traveling, meeting new people.
Skills: critical thinker, active listener..

What makes me different: I am very versatile. I am me.Always laying low and taking things easy.

Favourite dishes: A plate of fresh fish pepper soup any day and time, plus Big stout to step it down.

Outlook about life: Life is good and worth living.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: To be Honest i´m just doing this for the thrill.May the best man win.

Vote contestant number 22, LayLow, as the next Mr Nairaland.

Laylow's Interview

Question 1: What is it that you like or love about yourself? What is your best attribute?

Answer: I love my bawls....lol. On a serious note I am a very good listener. Being a good listener, you can gain the trust of friends, gain knowledge, and use it to help either you or someone else. Also, listening is a good communication skill. Listening allows you to hear the whole story, rather than only half.

Question 2: In life, most of us have goals and things we wish to achieve before our days are no more. If there was one thing you can do and be remembered by, what would it be?

Answer: I hope to have saved someones life, turned sadness into happiness and tears into laughter. We live this life once so let‘s enjoy it.

Question 3: What is your life philosophy?

Always seek knowledge and wisdom. The two mutually reinforce one another, and if one is both knowledgeable and wise, then other things should naturally follow. I also believe in living life to the fullest-carpe diem- seize the day.

Question 4: What makes you unique from other people in your age group?

Answer: While many people are all trying to figure out what makes us all unique, I guess I understand that we are all very much alike. Though we may differ in age, race, religion or gender, people are all very much alike. I guess what makes me unique is, that while others try to strive to be different, I do my best to embrace how we as humans are all alike.

Question 5: Describe your idea of a perfect Nigeria.

Answer: As we all know nothing is perfect and no country is or can be perfect .The question should have been describe your idea of a better Nigeria. I feel that a better Nigeria is the one with good road network, good security, no power failures, no discrimination on tribal basis, and political stability with a responsible government.

Question 6: Several political leaders have entered office with their list of promises, yet they hardly follow through. Tangible changes, if any, are hard to come by and do not convince a lot of the populace that work is being by those whom were elected. So, imagine yourself as president of Nigeria (or your country of origin). What are three sectors that you would focus on? What kind of changes would you implement?

Answer: To be frank with you I am a realist and I do not imagine things that will never happen .The truth is I´m never going to be president of Nigeria because politics is not my thing .As a Nigerian these are the 3 issues that I feel need to be addressed to make our Country a better one. We need to focus on fixing the bigger issues before we can focus on the smaller ones. Security in Nigeria is an issue that needs to be addressed. Better training of police force, remove the corruption and ensure that the citizens can feel safe in their land . Healthcare is another issue. Without a healthy population the country cannot thrive. We need to ensure that our children are vaccinated and educated on health issues. Likewise, women need to have access to prenatal care to ensure healthy babies. We need to make sure all our citizens have equal access to affordable healthcare. Lastly, we need to focus on the power sector. Not only will this help with the security and health issues, but investing in the power sector will create more jobs. Electricity in this day and age should be a given not a luxury.

Question 7: We have heard several complaints from all corners about youth troubles, unemployment, etc. People, often those from the generations of parents, blame youths and call them lazy, uneducated, selfish, and lacking purpose or motivation. Another side says that the youth are a product of their government and environment, which in Nigeria’s case, is nothing to write home about. What is your take on “the youth problem”?

Answer: Honestly, Nigerian youth make the mistake of thinking that life is all about your title, funny it seems because in the western world it is the direct opposite. Most Nigerian youth are educated and still very naive. I do believe that they do lack the understanding of what the true definition of success is. Most of the occupation that are lucrative and successful in the western world have been underrated and diminished in the eyes of our youth. In our society people place emphasis on having a good career in a respectable field. While our society will always need doctors and lawyers, not everyone should be one and now we have too many people educated in these fields. The younger generation needs to be encouraged by the older generation to explore other options. Instead of thinking of the builder as uneducated we need to focus on how vital this occupation is to the building of our nation. The elders push and want to have a lawyer or a doctor in the family, however they do not think about the possibility of getting work in the field after school. While it may not sound as good to be an electrician or carpenter, these fields could be lucrative and are always needed. Both the older generation and the younger need to adjust their thinking towards the craftsman and realize that without these type of people our country will never see the improvements it need.

Question 8: What is your definition of a man?

Answer: A man is an adult male. What makes him a good person is his character, what makes him successful is his definition of success and it is not for us to try to define that for each person. A man could lie and cheat, it may make him less trustworthy or a bad spouse but it does not take away his manhood.

26 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
Contestant Number 9 is [url=www.nairaland.com/xavier%27s]<<|Xaviers|>>[/url].

Xavier is a Graduate of Business Administration from the University of Benin. He is in mis mid 20's and hails from the South South of Nigeria.

Goals:
I have a passion for modelling and for management. I desire to be a successful professional in my field, majorly in Human Resources.

Qualities he gets attracted to:
I get attracted to INTELLIGENCE, SIMPLICITY, Liveliness, Beauty and warm heartedness.

Mentor(s):
Mr. Rawlings(my lecturer) and pastor Sam Adeyemi (my pastor).

Hobbies & Skills:
Swimming, sports(field hockey), researching and playing scrabble, chess... excellent communication skills, am a fast learner and a multi-tasker.

What makes me different:
I always come up with a hundred and one way to do any impossible task...

Favourite dishes:
Well pounded yam and a well cooked egusi soup garnished with assorted smiley ,, i love fried meats too!!

Outlook about life:
To me life is just a stage, we are all actors playing diverse roles, some get fired, some die, some live, some just get cut off from the scene, some forgets what it takes to be on stage.. its all meaningless but a reality...

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland:
basically, i have got what it takes to make NL more exciting to visit, ideas to add up, and creating that platform that will promote d major aims of NL.

Vote contestant Number 9, Xavier, to be the next Mr Nairaland.

Xavier's Interview

Question 1: What is it that you like or love about yourself? What is your best attribute?

Answer: Xavier is the type of guy you would want to take home to mummy, introduce to your friends n foe {so they die out of jealousy smiley }, and be with anytime, every minute, every nano seconds... I’m just a free-spirited, fun catching-loving person, i love the fact that I’m very Adventurous, determined and a risk taker, I love to see life from multifarious angles, it's a delight seeing myself breaking new grounds. i admire the fact that i love challenges, anyhow it shows itself ,Xavier would find its antidote.
I also like the idea that I’m a fast thinker, I learn pretty fast.My best attributes would be the fact that I am an excellent planner and executor! i have the ability to decipher any problem, breaking it down into parts, analyzing n organizing it, putting it back together n deliver..

Question 2: In life, most of us have goals and things we wish to attribute before our days are no more. If there was one thing you can do and be remembered by, what would it be?

Answer: Of course! Yeah! Goals are the very essence of our very existence. we all have to live by and with a drive, force and aims towards life. it gives us that perseverance and vigour to living. our individual goals differs and that’s what makes life more interesting and a puzzle to unravel. over the years i have seen myself accomplishing set goals overtime, it ranges from every aspect of my interesting life!, school, work and my very immediate environs.
if there was one thing i could do and be remembered for- Honestly it would be putting smiles on people faces. It’s a delight to me when I see charming smiles on faces of the downtrodden. Establishing a platform where they can really harness their talent. I believe everyone is created with a potential, many do not know theirs or how to discover them. I want to create that environment where they can be trained on how to discover and utilize their God given talents to the benefits of mankind and their environment.

Answer: In the end, its not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Answer: Basically, it’s the way i handle things, I’m a natural born leader,a tactical team player. I don’t procrastinate, truthfully I do not! I go for the kill when its hot,i hate to fail thus, i make things happen when it has to and i don’t waste time. keeping to time is a prerequisite to success and that’s my motto.
I’m an excellent hockey player. The fact that I could learn so fast thrills me. I’m a good dancer, yes! I swerve perfectly to any beat. and of course my looks, I am a perfect gentleman anyday, anytime.

Answer: Nigeria, my country, our country has been battered and bruised as a “child”, dragged along as a “teenager” and now as an “adult” she has lost her way. So many imperfections, bridled and sketchy paths on our sojourn to greatness is so visible. Moving from a state of underdevelopment to a developed one is so far-fetched, some of our leaders are tired of trying, some are really working hard that I must commend and some do not have an inkling of what it entails to develop a society. They need to be purged out of the system!
Allow me to paint a scenario of what a perfect Nigeria should look like.
* Imagine a situation where you wake up one morning and noticed that electricity which is a vital ingredient to productivity has been very stable,
* The issue of population explosion in urban areas has been drastically reduced to its bearest minimum, 
* Corruption has been totally eradicated. Yes! Its possible.
* Where there is some sense of direction in the polity of our nation.
* Where our leaders are politically sane and “knows their onions”.
* Where the streets will be safe to walk by at night.
* Where truly the police officers are really your friend.
* A state where there will be a good balance in the areas of Agriculture, manufacturing, security, culture and religion, medical/health services and service based areas of our economy.
* Where the rate of unemployment is so infinitesimal because our youths have garnered skills due to effective training platforms set-up by the government.
* Where the Naira would be a major player in financial markets all over the world.
* Where our educational sector will be taken serious and more funds pumped into Research and infrastructures.
I can go on and on, but honestly Nigeria needs change, Yes! We are on the verge of transformation, transforming our Motherland to be the best place to live on in the world.

Question 6: Several political leaders have entered office with their list of promises, yet they hardly follow through. Tangible changes, if any, are hard to come by and do not convince a lot of the populace that work is being by those whom were elected. So, imagine yourself as president of Nigeria (or your country of origin). What are three sectors that you would focus on? What kind of changes would you implement?

Answer: The bane of this country has always been Corruption and Nepotism. It’s so rooted to our ‘moist soil’ that its “branches” keeps bearing fruits. It must be uprooted, its branches purged and cut-down. However, if Xavier happens to be the president of this nation, truthfully, there would be a total Revolution on every tiny and larger parts of our economy. No sector would go unchecked and unnoticed!
Basically, the three sectors I would really focus on would be the service sector, Agriculture and Manufacturing sector.
The Agricultural sector have been neglected by our government since the oil boom in 1970, it has suffered from years of mismanagement, inconsistent and poorly conceived government policies still, this sector accounts for over 20% of our GDP and a quantifiable portion of employment rate in Nigeria. I would use my office to ensure that Nigeria is placed back on the map as a major exporter of cocoa, groundnut, rubber and palm oil.

For a noticeable period, the service sector of our economy have recorded a sloppy rise in areas like Transportation, telecommunication, pharmaceuticals, hospitality/Tourism, Healthcare, IT, FMCG, construction, entertainment, consulting, education etc. I would exercise my power as the president to adequately fund and ensure necessary actions are taken to improve this sector. This sector is one of the largest in any economy and the fastest growing.

Lastly, our manufacturing sector basically holds the key to our economic transformation. This sector is still struggling with problems of insufficient infrastructures and high cost of funds. I would use my jurisdiction and office as the president to ensure that the needed infrastructures are in place and in the right state. Thereby, making our environment attractive for foreign investors and investments.

Question 7: We have heard several complaints from all corners about youth troubles, unemployment, etc. People, often those from the generations of parents, blame youths and call them lazy, uneducated, selfish, and lacking purpose or motivation. Another side says that the youth are a product of their government and environment, which in Nigeria’s case, is nothing to write home about. What is your take on “the youth problem”?

Answer: Youth Restiveness in Nigeria is gradually becoming a hard “code to crack”, it is true that an average Nigerian youth is eager for the bucks! “Everyone forming sharp guy” no one wants to wait for the right time, it’s now or Never, that’s the motto many live on. Truthfully, all these is a reflection of what our society has inculcated in them.
Many tend to be lazy and uneducated due to the fact that they believe there is no reason why they should go to a university when “Mr. Emeka who graduated tops in his class is still unemployed and makes ends meet by riding keke napep”. They lack purpose or motivation when the government has turned their back on them. An instance is when the Nigerian government rejected a bill that will cater for the welfare of unemployed graduates in Nigeria. All this have resulted in increasing the rate of kidnapping, vandalization of oil pipelines and other social vices which exist in our society today.
Unemployment is one Hydra-Headed monster which exists among our youths today, its frustrating to be penny less and jobless. I really hope and pray our government will provide that platform that will enhance productivity in our youths.

Answer: He keeps his word, knows how to treat his woman, a perfect gentleman, always himself, a money maker and possess the ability to control and comport himself in the midst of Adversities

8 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
Contestant Number 23 is [url=www.nairaland.com/nelly%20ghenghen]<<|Nelly GhenGhen|>>[/url].

"I'm, Nelly, Known by friends as General Ghenghen006, Ghenghen bwoi or G6cheesy, In my late teens, lol the final "teen" actually, and its kinda scary, manz are getting older!! sad.
Err...GhenGhen is from the eastern part of Nigeria, I am a pre-med student at the University of Avignon France, though people who don't know me often say i don't look like a science student lol.. but i don't believe you have to look all geeky with glasses, suspenders and stuff just cos you are science student, all that matters is remaining focused and keeping your credits up, which i have managed to do.. so you see SCIENCE folks, its possible,now drop those glasses and get contact lenses! cheesy.. Yes you can!" :p..

Goals: To be honest, I don't like the current state of Nigeria, not corruption wise though, i dont think anyone except God can do anything about that lol but I know so many smart people who can't go to school because they cant afford it, so many not so smart kids, with mind blowing talents that could put Nigeria on the map, who are being neglected, so many men and women with the highest qualifications  you can ever imagine, still struggling to put food on their kids table.. and many more... My goal is to bring hope to these people,, i yet don't know how I'm gonna do it, but that's what my heart beats for.

Qualities he's attracted to: I'm attracted to fine fine girls Dem with the right thangs in the right places grin, I like positive people, I like people who don't mind looking stupid at times, I like crazy people, I hate liars(some people can lie!! ahn), I like straight forward honest people, (I know everybody lies once in a while, but don't lie big lie, lie small small lie!!), I like people that make you do things you never thought you could. xD

Hobbies & Skills: I can sing cheesy (well of-cos.. every1 is a singer these days) but really I can smiley, I can cook smiley, and i'm pretty good at fixing things, fast thinker as well.

Mentor(s): I don't have a mentor, but some public figures I admire are Richard Branson, Donald Trump and Aliko dangote! damn those manz rich!! cheesy

What makes me different: I'm Ghenghen bwoi, that's what makes me different cheesy.

Favourite Dishes: I like amala and ewedu/egusi!!! and jellof rice and nkwobi!! lord i miss those. . . sad *sigh

Outlook on life: I think life is a game, and if you don't master it, you'll remain at level 1.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Hmmnn, cos i'm Ghenghen6 tongue cheesy..hehe but really i dunno oh, just vote me if you think I deserve it *shrugs*. A+

Vote Nelly as the next Mr Nairaland. . . Contestant number 23.

Nelly's Interview

Answer: LOL...I love that im ghenghen006 baby!! hehe yeh.., i'm crazy, like really, like seriously...but ive got self control thats another thing i love about myself.

Question 2: In life, most of us have goals and things we wish to attribute before our days are no more. If there was one thing you can do and be remembered by, what would it be?

Answer: I don't have a goal, I just want to be the guy that added something positive to someone's life oneway or the other.. cos life is crazy, most-times we make all the plans in the world and then it takes us through an entirely different path.. jus make the best of every minute.

Answer: Be strong, Be logic, Be smart, Be sexy, Have fun(but dont die doing it) reach for the stars!!! smiley you only got one life yo, live it to the fullest!! smiley No-one has the right to tell you sh*t about yourself.  ooh  and i forgot, young people,, use protection!!!!! *thumbs*

Answer: If i'm called GhenGhen cheesy that's enough weirdness.

Answer: free education/healthcare services, adequate transport network(No OKADA), constant power supply( No generator), basic income guarantee (all citizens should be provided with a sum of money each month) Now thats a perfect Nigeria. More social benefits for nigerian students like subsidized rents,transport/cinema tariffs e.t.c. NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME N TRUSS THE GOVT CAN IF THEY WANT, NIGERIA's GDP can handle it.

Answer: lool i hate politics... But if i'm the president... No man or woman with a PHD would sit at home unemployed and unpaid and i'll make education compulsory for everyone till age 16, that ought to bring more sanity to the country, and then the cost of living in Nigeria is way higher than the income!! ahn ahn!! how can SOMEONE living in Abuja or lagos survive on minimum wage 18k/m?? and you expect them not to do yahoo yahoo?? i'd either increase the minimum wage or find a way to cut down the cost of living.

Answer: Everyone is at fault
Parents: Every parent wants their child to be either a lawyer or doctor. what happened to astronauts? designers? architects? aeronautic engrs? actors? farmers? beauticians?
Youths: Most youths now are more interested in making easy money and saving up money just to spend it all on friday night, no-one wants to work/think... its probably cos of wizkid, davido and co.. but not everyone has such luck nor talent... okay if they are no jobs, why not think of something-else that ll put you and your country on the map, mark zuckerberg didnt have a bsc when he created facebook, bill gates didn't even have a high school degree and he created Microsoft. Not everyone is made for an office job, some of us are bosses without Knowing it!! that's why parents should let their kids follow their heart, nothing brings as much credit as what you were designed to do!

Answer: A man is someone who thinks before he talks/posts a comment.
   A man is someone who can get up from a pile of sh*t, dust himself smile and say c'est la vie.
  A man is someone who embraces hate and doesn't mind being called a freak for what he feels is right.
  A man would never hit a lady, he would protect a lady at all cost. (excpt grenades tho cheesy)
 A man isn't afraid to contest for MR nairaland even when he knows there is always a possibility to get kicked out after the first round( All the 28 contestants are proper men, in this category smiley) Thank y'all je t'aime trop!

19 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
Contestant Number 5 is <<|Ekwah|>>.

Ekwah is in his early 20’s and from Kogi State. A third year student in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Goals: I am very much interested in the tech-business, especially in the huge potential computer science has in creating jobs as well as providing good income. 
I have plans to complete a Masters degree in Engineering after my  NYSC in naija, and to work in a software company for four years and then go back to school to get a Masters degree in Business Administration.  I plan to go into the tech industry as an administrator and set-up a business  afterwards. I would love to be in a position where I can influence the lives of people positively either through rendering services or through direct aid.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Calmness, selflessness, confidence, humility, generosity, affability,  and originality, love for the African tradition.

Mentor(s): Hmm.... i have a few role models like Bill Gates (Ex CEO of microsoft) for his innovation and humanitarian work, Professor Harold Abelson ( MIT) for his genius and achievements, Rochas Okorocha (Imo State Governor- met him a few times). - I was able to attend a good Secondary school through the scholarship he provided for me and wouldn’t be where I am now without that. 

Hobbies & Skills: I bike (a lot), read Fiction books (a lot), sing and also dance ( pretty well). I  cook when I have enough time too. . .Skills: Singing, dancing( I am in a dance group on campus cool ), public speaking  and cooking. I am also pretty good at conversations, and by God's grace, also do very well in academics.

What makes me different: Physically? Nothing much as my fellow contestants are also very good-looking guys... but I think my personality speaks for me. I am very easygoing, focused,considerate and also very hardworking.  I take my responsibilities very seriously and would go to any length possible to make sure people are not inconvenienced because of me. Even though I am young, I understand what it means for a man to shoulder heavy responsibilities  as I have had to stand  in for my younger ones since my late-teenage years after an unfortunate family incidence. This has made me really mature both in mind and in the way I think. I have a classic story of someone who started at the bottom but is heading to the top.

Favorite dishes: I love Pounded Yam and Egusi soup, porridge beans and plantains,  a well-prepared beef Jollof rice, and moin moin.

Outlook about Life: I do whatever makes me happy but I also make sure I don’t hurt those I love in the process. 

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Even though my fellow contestants are good, I think I am a complete guy. I’ve got a pretty nice combination of God-given qualities that I think women generally seek in men and men for themselves.As an easy-going and humble young man, who  knows how nicely women and people in general ought to be treated,  I think you should give me your support. I’ve got good looks and a nice personality and  should be Mr. Nairaland.‬

Contestant Number 5, Ekwah, as the next Mr Nairaland. . .

Ekwah's Interview.

Answer:
‪My perseverance, I really don’t know where I would be now if I never had this attribute.Many a time, I fell on hard times, but this quality has helped keep me afloat.  There are so many things I could have missed if not for this God-given quality.‬

Answer: It would be setting up institutions that would make the lives of the poor better through improved access to free and good quality education like the one I got. I believe education to be the greatest catalyst with which the lives individuals can be transformed.  In Maya Angelou’s words “When you know better you do better.”‬

Answer: I do whatever makes me happy, but also make sure I don’t hurt those I love in the process. I listen and learn from people with experience, and give only what I can take.‬

Answer: My maturity,as an eldest son, I have had to shoulder my younger ones’ responsibilities after an unfortunate family incidence since my teenage years. This meant I had to take pretty important decisions and couldn’t afford to be frivolous. This has made me pretty mature in mind and the way I see/do things.‬

Answer: A perfect Nigeria would be one in which her citizens eschew nepotism/tribalism and most of the social vices that slow down progress. A Nigeria in which all basic infrastructures (e.g constant electricity,water etc) necessary for development are in place. One in which the law is held supreme‬
above her citizenry irrespective of class or position.‬

Answer: 1)Power sector‬

‪I would create a system in which the creation and distribution of electricity respectively are separate to increase  efficiency. There would be joint ownership between public and private corporations; a collaboration necessary for better management of the sector. I would diversify the sources of power generation in the country.‬

‪2) Educational sector‬
This sector needs a complete overhaul.‬

‪i) Establishment of more federal tech schools and research institutions across different regions in the country.‬

‪ii) A Change in salary structure; Increase teachers/professors earnings ( accompanied by a serious slash in the salaries of politicians! angry )‬

‪iii)  Lobby for a restructure of the Nigerian high school curricula- too much breath and no depth. sad

‪iv) More vocational schools across the country for youths to learn useful skills...‬

‪3) Women (Sector tongue ):‬ I will empower institutions that stand  for the rights of Nigerian women and see that they get an improved representation in number  in all  areas that deal with Naija’s affairs. Black, especially Naija women, are strong and can make both positive impacts either from their  homes or jobs or wherever they find themselves if they are empowered.  Brigham Young summarizes it:  You empower man; you empower a man. You empower a woman; you empower a generation.‬

Answer: The government is to blame. They have failed abysmally in creating avenues through which the Nigerian youth can  better themselves. I have very hardworking and smart friends back home who couldn’t get into schools on merit despite their stellar grades. Corruption has become institutionalized by the older generation; a situation that has destroyed the hopes of even the smartest among youths and has pressured the honest ones into become part of the decadence.

Answer: see  Million dollar question o. tongue

‪Personally, I see a man as an adult male human, who is goal-oriented,friendly, thrives on healthy competition, treats women with respect,a good-listener, a responsible son and an altruistic bloke.‬

22 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
Contestant Number 13 is <<|AbPatrick|>>.

Abpatrick is from Delta State, Nigeria.
He's a degree holder, a procurement specialist and he works in a shipping company. He is in his late 20's.

Goals: A lot of opportunities abound in the business of the sea. It is my goal to expand my horizons and become a major player in the trans-atlantic sea trade.

Another would be to open a foundation to cater for the financially incapacitated widows and widowers with dependants. Mentoring and providing avenues for their families to be self reliant.

Qualities he gets attracted to: Honesty, hardwork, creativity, purpose driven individuals.

Mentor(s): I look up to Aliko Dangote, Sir Mike Adenuga and Richard Branson.

Hobbies & Skills: I love reading, research, drawing, painting, dance and staying fit.
. . I've got a flair for the arts, creative designing, and business development.

What makes me different? My persona. I'm creative and atruistic.

Favourite dishes:
I do eat anything that looks and tastes good, but any day and time, I'm a stickler for pounded yam with any of Ofe Nsala, Ofe Akwu and Banga soups arranged with fresh fish or assorted goat meat with skin.

Outlook about life: I believe life is all about balance and moderation. Being humble and simple does it. As the saying goes... The secret to greatness lies in humility.

Why I deserve to be Mr Nairaland: Well... I'm different, I'm ME, and...I've got what it takes.

Vote contestant number 13, AbPatrick, as
the next Mr Nairaland.

[font=tempus sans itc][size=11pt] AbPatrick's Interview.

[color=#300000]Answer: what i love and think my best attribute should be is my Altruistic nature, being selfless or my moral obligation to benefit the cause of people other than myself, sacrificing time, energy or possessions with no expectation of reward.

Answer: Apart from running a Bulk Cargo Trading Shipping Fleet, connecting global divides and enriching African economies productively, I'd like to impact on one core thing the most; The family. How a family is formed goes a long a way to affect ones direction in life.
Being a selfless person and a giver, I'd like to be remembered as someone who made an impact in emancipating families from the thresholds of economic hardship, mentoring and providing avenues for their families to be self reliant. Specifically widows and widowers with dependants via my foundation COSP (in the works) Call of St. Patrick.

The more people are empowered to unlock their potentials, the lesser we have social misfits who want to take up hatred on the larger society.

Answer: A life without cause, is a life without effect.

Answer: I've very strong foresight for investments.

Answer: My idea of a perfect Nigeria is one at peace with itself, one with a united front in ideology, working towards progress of its citizenry, staying strong and steadfast in unity with diversity. one with a purposeful leadership capable of stabilizing the entity "Nigeria" politically, economically and socially, providing social security, equitable distribution of resources devoid of corrupt practices. A country with mutual respect among other comity of nations. A country with hindsight, constantly planing for its future and its generations unborn.

Answer: Transportation and Employment: our railway system is very defunct, which puts so much pressure on our highways. There exists different types of articulated vehicles carrying petrogas and its derivatives, and general cargo goods that cause daily wear and tear of our roads. my focus on this area will be to make roads much freer and reduce the percentage of such vehicles on the highways not just to reduce wear and tear but to curb maximum damage accidents by these kinds of vehicles.

As President, I will establish an ultra modern railway system capable of speeds 150kph - 200kph for passenger and cargo carriage to run within the 36 states and the FCT. Apart from making lives and goods much safer in carriage, other multiplier effects are that employment will be generated nation wide as human resources will be much needed to manage this establishment. It will be a public - private investment initiative with 15yrs renewable concessions given to private companies to manage. The more industries are birthed to solve a particular problem or render service to a particular need by government either solely or in partnership with the private sector the more the problem of employment is curbed.

Leadership: As the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and leading by example I will entrench the core values of discipline, hardwork, sacrifice, merit, diligience and responsibility as the very driving force of appointees in government and put in place a punitive measure to sanction corrupt officials excessively. I will be very decisive to the needs of the citizens, home and abroad by putting into key areas positive change drivers. I will plan the future of the country by saving more of the reserves and working out a social security program to benefit all classes of citizens.

Answer: The youth problem is phenomenal, it stems from misconstrued notions of values, morals and norms of the society which has been affected by time and space, growing in leaps and bounds into a phenomenon affecting every sphere of the society. The bulk of it falls on ineffective leadership. Ineffective leadership sets a bad precedence of culture that ultimately trickles down to affect the society, starting from the family, the childs first centre of learning. Until a positive leadership that liberates, illuminates hope and a sense of social security on its populace, the norm will still be a part of the society.

Answer: A man is among these but not limited to one who understands his place in God and understands the importance of committing to God the headship of his life. One who understands and appreciates the value of a woman and is always committing time to learn how to love her better. One who takes care of his responsibilities, which is not limited to his family, society and work place. One who is secure with himself but not arrogant, egoistic, afraid of failure or defeat. One who is a giver and craves to make an impact in his time. One who Knows When to admit his mistakes and owns up to them.
And finally one who doesn't take flight in the face of adversity as can be further buttressed in the words below:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

25 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 21, 2013
[size=19pt]Rules.

Voting will be from 10:00am to 9:00pm Nigeria Time/GMT...

VOTE ONLY ONE PERSON!!! ONE MAN, ONE VOTE!

DO NOT ask any contestant any further questions based on the ones they have answered already.

Insult anyone, and get banned! No questions asked, No pleas accepted!

In order to drastically minimize rigging,
Members who registered after June 01 2013 are not allowed to vote. If they do, their votes will be rendered invalid.

Votes from eligible voters who registered on or before June 1, and who as of 20-06-2013, have less than 11 posts (vote posts excluded) since they registered on Nairaland, WILL NOT be counted.

Please DO NOT vote with an alternate account, if you do, well, the vacation may be permanent.
[/size]

N.B. Freedom of choice entails that you choose whether to abide by the rules or not. . .

2 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2013
Nairaland rules are strictly to be adhered to on this thread, please. DO NOT campaign with extra large fonts, else they'll be hidden.

We do hope you have a wonderful voting experience...
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 21, 2013
Best of luck to each and every one on this edition Mr Nairaland!

May the best man win. . .

Let the voting begin!

1 Like

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by EzePromoe: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2013
All the boyses are beautiful but ABAPATRICK Is the bestest.

#number 1
#teamABAPATRICK
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by homesteady(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2013
Inspirational story of Nelly GhenGhen's campaign!!
He was one of the underdogs for this competition!! Nobody thought he'll come this far!! This was the same case of team Nigeria during the AFCON 2013. But as time went on!!, he started getting fans!! And people campaigned for him!!
But as Nigeria won the AFCON surprisingly!! So will Nelly GhenGhen win Mr NL surprisingly!! Yes he can!!
Vote Nelly GhenGhen!!

4 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Cestmoi1(f): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2013
i vote for xavier
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2013
Nice. Started from Obinnau now we here.
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by ikekings(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2013
#TEAM ABPATRICK #THE MOVING TRAIN... We need your votes my fellow nairalanders...
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by EzePromoe: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2013
Double post
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2013
Without even wasting time, I vote for XAVIER. Check out his answers, totally on point. God sef go vex for me if I no vote for am.

1 Like

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by xynerise: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2013
Nelly na real small pikin.

1 Like

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Speakdatruth: 10:09am On Jun 21, 2013
4d answers, laylow killed it.
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by demelza: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2013
Here we go!
#team WeOwnThis
#teamEKWAH
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Patrick eeeee!!!! Gadamn!

See fine buoy!!!! Too fine dey worry u mehn...

Vote people! Vote Patrick aka Aba Trick!

Kimmmmmon!!!
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Laylow killed those questions.
Mehn, I like ya style. cheesy wink
Patrick, are you double single? angry angry
Lemme talk to badosky first before I vote. smiley
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Oahray: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
*soundtrack* GhenGhenGhenGhen! It haf set

1 Like

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Speakdatruth: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
WTF z nellyghenghen sayin abt a perfect 9ja? damn, u gaffed nigga
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by xynerise: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
Its between AbPatrick and Laylow. Both gave a sensitive feedback to the questions.

Well, but one person gets the vote.

I vote for ABPATRICK

2 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by mastroesco(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
ABPatrick is the Man.....

The Cap fits him Most....

ABPatrick Anyday Anytime.

1 Like

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
xynerise: Nelly na real small pikin.

Like seriously... grin grin grin grin
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
xynerise: Its between AbPatrick and Laylow. Both gave a sensitive feedback to the questions.

Well, but one person gets the vote.

I vote for ABPATRICK
Gbayi!

Kimmmmmmmon!!!

Too smart dey worry we o!
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
ABpatricK...
GreaT answeRs
Fine brOTher..cheesy

VOte abpatrIck

2 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Oahray: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
Speakdatruth: 4d answers, laylow killed it.
as in eh... Dude was so on point!
Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Idowuogbo(f): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
alutacontinua: Laylow killed those questions.
Mehn, I like ya style. cheesy wink
Patrick, are you double single? angry angry
Lemme talk to badosky first before I vote. smiley

ALuta! See face with brain = complete package!!

Vote Patrick!

Kimmmon!!!

3 Likes

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:

ALuta! See face with brain = complete package!!

Vote Patrick!

Kimmmon!!!

To say the truth, the guy make sense no be small. I still pick Laylow's answers before his sha. But his answers also make sense plus he got the swags.
Is he single? wink

1 Like

Re: Mr Nairaland June 2013 is AbPatrick! by Dygeasy(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2013
Seriously, #teamEkwah, You Guys Can't Come Up With Something Better? Still The Same F*cking Old Pictures We've Been Seeing.

AbPatrick Rocks!!!

Waiting For Them To Start Throwing Yabs. Throw And Let Us All Get Banned.

#teamAbpatrick!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (117) (Reply)

Man With One-inch Penis Opens Up About Life With A Micropenis / Lady Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Face To Prove Her Love / 14-Year-Old Boy Forced To Marry His Older Girlfriend After Impregnating Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.