Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:39 PM

Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans (33710 Views)

Five Amazing Extinct Creatures That Aren’t Dinosaurs / Russian Billionaire Plans To immortalize Humans By 2045 / We Thought Giants Were Mythical Creatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Lanceslot(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
I know of some people who is older than that woman and they're still alive.

1 Like

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Daystar18: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
There were folks in the bible that lived above 500 years. And it is not just folklore. It actually happened. My submission is that human beings were originally programmed to live longer than all these animals. But Adam and his wife brought man down with suffering and stress which eventually cut down the lifespan of man.

1 Like

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by AbuMikey(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
Na lie jor!!
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by mitey(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
dr-pips:
3. 168 years old: The Geoduck

. . .

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a erm..., erm ...
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
God is great
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by ManTiger(m): 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
Subscribing...
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by rimax: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
so wht is in d ocean is older than wht is in d land...
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
WOW!! Nice thread, you'll think plants and animals live a shorter life than humans.

Nice to know of the exceptions, the Aldabra Giant Tortoise is massive!! shocked shocked

Shollypopz
Upholding intelligence by voting the MIT guy-Ekwah. What about you?
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Suc4live(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
na for only water u fit live to dat kind age o....even sef kukuma go be god or goddess cas close! #peace in d water#
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Olamyyde(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
Daystar18: There were folks in the bible that lived above 500 years. And it is not just folklore. It actually happened. My submission is that human beings were originally programmed to live longer than all these animals. But Adam and his wife brought man down with suffering and stress which eventually cut down the lifespan of man.
Turns out there were inaccuracies in the bible concerning age. If a human lived for 900 years, don't u think his/her body would be rotten. Some things in the bible shouldn't be taken literally

2 Likes

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by dulphines: 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
How sure are they about the ages of those creatures? Scientific claims!
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Natasha2(f): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
mitey:

swerry you're not the only one. i'm sure thats a replica of yours grin grin

@thread 121 oldest human?? make dem come 9ja. Nice thread though.
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
mitey:

Dirty Minded people . . . tongue
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by kingjohnny(m): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
In all these yet none nave lived like Melchizedek...
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by sirrinky: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

why must religion be introduced into everything? education is the key

You are either very dull or a stark illiterate.Who says the ages in bible records have not been verified? If you are as smart as you think you are then you would realise that accurate scientific data always agree with the bible.
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by dridowu: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hmmmmmmm interesting
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
demmy55: Hmmm, most of them are aquatic animals. Person no go turn mummy water like dis?
Wetin you wan use about 900yrs do? Paper go thick pass your belle grin
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
Who knew exactly when those creatures were born?

Forget about the cardon 14 dating. Were their births properly documented? If yes, who was there when they were born. This is crap.
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by olempe(m): 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
emmysenior: No matter how you'd try to cook the tortoise, the meat no go done. Mtcheeeww...

Lol... na to chop dey ur mind grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
emmysenior: No matter how you'd try to cook the tortoise, the meat no go done. Mtcheeeww...

Lmaooo........ grin
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
mitey:

Same here. i'd never eat that
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by mitey(m): 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
olempe:

Lol... na to chop dey ur mind grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Do you know whether the guy haf chop since morning? Abeg live my guy alone joor! grin
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by sweetgala(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
What this reveals vividly is the human influence. Most of these animals listed are aquatic deep sea animals and therefore secluded from the immediate human destruction. I've meet WWII vets who are still in better mental and physical form than some 50 year olds. The modern lifestyle is affecting our health and longevity.

1 Like

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by adconline(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
sureteeboy: This post is simply insultive to the bible. Didn't Methuselah live for 965 yrs.
Until you provide the site/tomb where Methuselah was buried in order to use carbon dating to find out his real age, his long age seems unproven and as such, could be called a fairy tale/parable!

1 Like

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by demmy55(m): 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
koastar:
Wetin you wan use about 900yrs do? Paper go thick pass your belle grin

When there is life, there is hope.
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by jericco1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
Not impressive ǫ…
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by 360command: 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
I guess the tortoise is d oldest animal living over 250 years of age. Tortoise eats plants and I know plant adds life than meat.Meat reduces life. Advice to humans, let's eat more plants and less meat.if we do not like plant, let us eat insect as an alternative to meat . The population is growing tremendously and meat won't be sufficient for us to eat , this is where eating of insects comes in .

1 Like

Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by pekelepekele(m): 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
Fhemmmy: And yet, God created them all . . . What an awesome God!
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Rapmaestro(m): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
adconline:
Until you provide the site/time where Methuselah was buried in order to use carbon dating to find out his real age, his long age seems unproven and as such, could be called a fairy tale/parable!
carbon dating is not always correct...
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by indoorlove(m): 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Apart from the tortoise which is a reptile, most of the others are pisces. I think water is the key: even the tortoise can adapt to live in water.

#I need to learn how to swimcheesycheesycheesy#
i just visited your blog, nice piece of articles u hv got there
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by fittty(m): 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lies! How do they determine their ages
Re: Creatures That Live Longer Than Humans by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Apart from the tortoise which is a reptile, most of the others are pisces. I think water is the key: even the tortoise can adapt to live in water.

#I need to learn how to swimcheesycheesycheesy#

My tots exactly. So I guess that if human beings were aquatic beings, we might live longer as well, what with our abilities.
Water na life.
Phew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch NASA Pour 2 Million Litres Of Water Onto Its Launch Pad In Under A Minute / Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist / USA: Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse To Rise On Election Day ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.