Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) (2245 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Wildfire - A Short Film Script / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
EYE FOR EYE

BY

OLUSOLA OLADESU

…sweet when done, but leaves a bitter taste…

INT. THICK FOREST- DAY

FADE IN

A dark-complexioned man in his late 40s, wearing a hat on his palm kernel-shaped head along with a dirty, worn-out shirt and roughened trouser, is holding a rifle and looking out for game amidst thick trees and green shrubs.

(He hears the sound of an animal running by and quickly turns, tiptoeing to the direction.)

EXT. FOOTBALL FIELD- DAY

On a field barren with grass, some shirtless young boys of ages 15 to 17 are playing football, sweating profusely amidst the cool weather.

(Bayo kicks the ball heavily and it goes through a projectile into the forest. He jogs towards the bushy area to pick the ball.)

INT. THICK FOREST- DAY

(Mr Odeyemi tiptoes with his rifle towards a direction and hears another sound by his right. He looks swiftly towards the direction and notices a slow movement amidst the trees and leaves. He stands very well and positions his rifle towards the direction, moving slowly towards the point. The movement becomes a little fast and he shoots!)

(He walks briskly towards the point and finds Bayo lying in a pool of blood, breathing slowly, with a ball lying beside him.)

(Shocked; he places his two hands on his head sobbing and stares at the innocent boy. He looks around and paces in confusion. He looks around again and quickly carries him on his back while holding his rifle and moves speedily towards another direction.)

INT. MR ODEYEMI’S BEDROOM- DAY

In the unkempt old-fashioned room, Bayo is lying at a corner while Mr Odeyemi searches a drawer frantically, taking furtive glances at him at short intervals. Bayo starts gasping for breath and Mr Odeyemi runs towards him carrying a bowl of concoction; Bayo stops breathing. He places his right ear on his chest and hears no heartbeat. There is a knock at the door to the house.

MR ODEYEMI
(In cracked voice) Ta niyen? [Who is that?]

A FEMALE VOICE
Emi ni oh, Iya Bayo. [It’s me oh, Iya Bayo]

INT. MR ODEYEMI’S SITTING ROOM- DAY

He walks slowly into the sitting room cleaning his red eyes and opens the door.
IYA BAYO
(With a thin smile, carrying a polybag) Good evening, sir.

MR ODEYEMI
(Forces a smile) Evening oh. It’s nice to see you, ma. Hope all is well?

IYA BAYO
May I come in?

They are both seated in the sitting room.

IYA BAYO
Iya yii nko? [What about your wife?]

MR ODEYEMI
O wa. Ko si nile. [She is fine. She isn’t at home.]Hope Baba is fine?

IYA BAYO
Of course, he is. (Brings out a dish from the polybag) He actually sent me to give you some meat since you complained to him about not getting any meat from the bush for the past four days.

MR ODEYEMI
Oh…ah…this is really nice of Baba. (Collects the dish from her and opens it to find some sweet-smelling pieces of meat) This looks very good. I am very grateful, ma.

IYA BAYO
(Smiles) It is nothing. At least, we human beings have to survive. We won’t say because we can’t find meat in the bush and start shooting people.
(She laughs while Mr Odeyemi looks perplexed but also forces a smile)

MR ODEYEMI
(Picks a meat from the dish and eats) How are the children?

IYA BAYO
They are fine.

MR ODEYEMI
Bayo nko? [What of Bayo?]

IYA BAYO
Of course, he is fine. He is even standing outside; always reluctant to come into other people’s homes. (Looks towards the door) Bayo, come inside and greet Uncle Yemi.

MR ODEYEMI
(Almost chokes on the meat) What did...did you just say?
(Bayo enters.)

MR ODEYEMI
(Shocked and swallows the meat in his mouth; pupils dilated) Bayo…

BAYO
(Prostrates) Good evening, sir. (Sits beside his mother and looks around.)

MR ODEYEMI
(Takes furtive glances at Bayo) Em…Mummy Bayo…I have to check something in my room. I’m…I’m coming back.

IYA BAYO
(Smiles) No problem, sir.

INT. MR ODEYEMI’S BEDROOM- DAY

He enters his bedroom and surprisingly sees Bayo still lying down in a corner, stone dead. He is taken aback and confused. He picks a cloth and spreads it to cover the body and leaves for the sitting room in fear.

INT. MR ODEYEMI’S SITTING ROOM- DAY

He comes back into the sitting room and alas, no one is there. The door opens and his wife enters, wearing an iro and buba, in a very sober mood.
MR ODEYEMI
(Bemused) Dear, welcome.

MRS ODEYEMI
(Softly) Thank you. (Sits down gently and sighs heavily.)

MR ODEYEMI
Em…I thought I…em…did you meet anybody on your way home?

MRS ODEYEMI
Not at all. What is it? (Notices the dish) And who brought you meat?

MR ODEYEMI
Em…my visitor…Iya Bayo…

MRS ODEYEMI
Oh, so you’ve heard what happened to her…

MR ODEYEMI
What are you talking about?

MRS ODEYEMI
Why did you then mention her name? She was hit by a red car this afternoon and died on the way to the hospital.

MR ODEYEMI
What?!

MRS ODEYEMI
(In a cracking voice) She is dead oh. Chief Okoro too was found dead in his red car some hours ago with foam coming out of his mouth. I believe he was poisoned…

MR ODEYEMI
What?! Em…em

MRS ODEYEMI
Why shouting? Do you just know all these?

MR ODEYEMI
(Thoughts going through his mind) I’ve…I’ve been at home since morning and so…I didn’t hear anything.

MRS ODEYEMI
I just pity Baba Bayo oh…ah! He lost such a wonderful woman.

MR ODEYEMI
(Grabs his stomach) Yeh! Yeh!!

MRS ODEYEMI
Ki lo seyin? [What is wrong with you?]
(He falls down amidst groans)

MRS ODEYEMI
(Anxiously) What is wrong with you? What did you eat? (He starts foaming and struggles to point to the dish.)

MRS ODEYEMI
Baba Segun, talk now! Who poisoned your food?! Who brought you food? Yeh! Mo gbe oo! Let me call for help. E gbami oo! [Help me!]
(She rushes outside the house to call on neighbours.)

EXT. MR ODEYEMI’S HOUSE- DAY

Mrs Odeyemi rushes out to call on neighbours while Bayo and his mother are standing under a tree that is a bit afar, watching with smiles on their faces.

Their countenance suddenly changes to that of a straight face. Mr Odeyemi walks out gently from his house, looking at his wife running helter-skelter. He looks forward and sights Iya Bayo and her son from afar.

Iya Bayo holds her son’s hand and they both leave for the unknown.

FADE OUT

THE END
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
For me? cool only me?embarassed.....brb to read. smiley
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 11:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
speedyboi: For me? cool only me?embarassed.....brb to read. smiley
lol...you said you were looking forward to my short film scripts even though I had retired grin...lol...now I just came back to do few tinz just for a brother called speedyboi. Read am oh.
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 21, 2013
What da.... angry!

lol

which kind yeye stunt did you pull at the end? undecided

Me thinks this is great. Well done wink
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2013
^^^^ Tnx. I'm glad you like it. smiley
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2013
Yea...and this script has a more professional feel.

Start using script writing softwares though
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2013
^^^^^ Advice noted.
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by prof800(m): 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
Beautiful...!
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 12:56pm On Jun 21, 2013
^^^^^^ E se sir.
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Villagboi. Where at thou?
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
^^^^^^^^ Don't mind him. He has chosen to reserve his comment...lol
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by VillageBoi(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
speedyboi: Villagboi. Where at thou?

Oh dear, I didn't know you called me.
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by VillageBoi(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
sholay2011: ^^^^^^^^ Don't mind him. He has chosen to reserve his comment...lol

I no dey read another persin 'love letter' or look in a woman's handbag - it's bad manners! lol
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

I no dey read another persin 'love letter' or look in a woman's handbag - it's bad manners! lol
lol...you cant be serious. abeg read well well and lets hear ur comment/criticism...forget manners...and dis is nt a love letter. lol
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
Just passing by. . .
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2013
semid4lyfe: Just passing by. . .
*Grabs his shirt and sings* #Pass me not oh gentle semid....hear my humble cry....when on all thou art calling...do not pass me by# grin
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by VillageBoi(m): 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
sholay2011:
lol...you cant be serious. abeg read well well and lets hear ur comment/criticism...forget manners...and dis is nt a love letter. lol

Teehee. I am serious. The title of the thread is a 'waka-pass-this-script' title except for one person only. No be you do am like that? You can't complain nah! grin
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by prof800(m): 11:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

Teehee. I am serious. The title of the thread is a 'waka-pass-this-script' title except for one person only. grin
Oh wait, is the script for speedyboi alone.?
chai..! I for no read am ooo..
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by VillageBoi(m): 11:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
prof800:
Oh wait, is the script for speedyboi alone.?
chai..! I for no read am ooo..

lol. Nothing spoil; I read am since as Sholay knows from a different script thread but I ain't commenting. That has already been done by the addressee of the letter.
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by morsadh(m): 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
smiley cheesy grin
Re: Short Film Script 'EYE FOR EYE' (For Speedyboi) by sholay2011(m): 12:02am On Nov 15, 2014
morsadh:
smiley cheesy grin

cheesy grin wink

Read 'Nigerian Horror Story' also.

(1) (Reply)

India's Bollywood Success To Boost Kannywood For Kano Film City / Nollywood & Bollywood Joined Together To Host Film Festival / Nollywood Actress Kiitan Bukola Finally Releases Kitan The Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.