Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 AM

ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. (7318 Views)

Fashola Is Corrupt, He Cannot Accuse Yoruba Leaders Of Betrayal – Afenifere / Council Of Elders Of Indigenous People Of Biafra --last Night Broadcast / Jtf Accuses Borno Elders Of Backing Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 21, 2013
KADUNA—The National Chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, Alhaji Mohammed Aliko has accusedsome members of both the ACF and the Northern Elders Council, NEC, of betraying the north by endorsing President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term in office, contrary to the north’s position that it was their turn to rule the country in 2015.
Aliko spoke in Kaduna yesterday during the opening ceremony of ACF’s annual general meeting.
According to Aliko, some ACF and NEC members have betrayed the North by meeting President Jonathan and affirming their support for him for the 2015 general elections and decried the ongoing political campaign ahead the elections, saying it was affecting the quality of governance in the country.
He said: “It is very sad that the Presidency has employed the divideand rule tactics against the North. Itis very glaring, because we noticed with dismay that some members of this organisation have gone to the President and assured him that he must contest for 2015 election.
“We are really surprised that some northerners that went there are also members of ACF. I am speaking particularly of two gentlemen. The two gentlemen I am referring to, one is a member ofthe ACF and the other is of the Northern Elders’ Council. The ACF member is General Lawrence Onoja, rtd. He was actually part of the group that went to see the President (with elders of the South-South). Also, one of the Northern Elders Forum, is Senator John Wash Pam. He was there.
“We are surprised that they have really gone to see the President. Weare particularly sad because General Onoja is here with us in ACF.We went to Maiduguri together when we went to see Dr. Ahmed Datti, (the President, Supreme Council of Sharia in Nigeria, SCSN) and Onoja was with us.
“He (Onoja), also made it possible for us when we went to Maiduguri to meet the leaders of the Joint TaskForce, JTF, and we had a long discussion with them till the early hours of the morning. The military had problems with the Maiduguri people and we thought that if we intervened, things would be better.
“That is not all, we have gone withOnoja to every meeting we have held and he knows what the North wants. Now for him to turn round tosay the President must contest in 2015, using the word, must, is very sad for us in ACF.’’
Commenting further, he said: “It isthe considered view of the ACF that starting politics of 2015 two years earlier is counterproductive, since apart from heating up the polity, such early start can distract governance, more so that INEC is yet to give the green light for political activities to begin.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/acf-boss-accuses-northern-elders-of-betrayal/

1 Like

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Dreal1247: 3:42am On Jun 21, 2013
The northerners want to make us believe that Nigeria belongs to them. Too late to cry when the head is already off.

7 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Raxz(m): 8:06am On Jun 21, 2013
That is not betrayal. but he onoja has stated the position of the middle-berlt ahead of 2015 and that is our collective decision. Where is this one collective north? It has never been in existence so why deceiving ourselves when we all knew the truth. I don't see any body betraying any body here pls.

14 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by fitzmayowa: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2013
Now we know where the true source of boko haram...One Nigeria my foot, whether they like it or not the core north won't rule this country for a very long time

4 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2013
Nigeria is not for sale

2 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2013
I'm with u
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by baslone: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2013
Dreal1247: The northerners want to make us believe that Nigeria belongs to them. Too late to cry when the head is already off.

Unfortunately it does!
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by AbuMikey(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2013
We won't allow any almajiri or a Boko sponsor rule us!! Never!! Never!!!
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by brownlord: 9:24am On Jun 21, 2013
Too bad this northerners still do not understnd nd know what happening around them, power aint coming to the north any time soon, the bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by obinnakenedo(m): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2013
Born to rule psychos!
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by AbuMikey(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2013
baslone:

Unfortunately it does!
how bros?

1 Like

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by obyrich(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2013
Raxz: That is not betrayal. but he onoja has stated the position of the middle-berlt ahead of 2015 and that is our collective decision. Where is this one collective north? It has never been in existence so why deceiving ourselves when we all knew the truth. I don't see any body betraying any body here pls.
Exactly! I can only support a northerner of middlebelt extraction. However, that will be after the south has had a fair share.

3 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by AbuMikey(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2013
brownlord: .
I catch you!!!! You dey reserve space!!! gringrincheesy
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by KingBauer: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2013
What exactly constitute's ' The North' these days?

A much vaunted, much bandied about word that today ultimately means Nothing...

ACF would be better off rebranding themselves as a Fulani-hausa-Kanuri body... undecided

7 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Mexyz(m): 9:35am On Jun 21, 2013
No vacancy in Aso rock tl 2019,den we can handover to d middlebelt or d east.

3 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by olumyde(m): 9:37am On Jun 21, 2013
Raxz: That is not betrayal. but he onoja has stated the position of the middle-berlt ahead of 2015 and that is our collective decision.
Where is this one collective north? It has never been in existence so why deceiving ourselves when we all knew the truth. I don't see any body betraying any body here pls.
GBAM! I served in taraba state and i know most ppl there don't consider themselves northerners. And IMO, northern christians prefer to vote a northern christian or southern muslim/christian rather than a northern muslim. They don't trust them cos of what they've experienced in their hands.

3 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Hamazz1: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2013
when he onoja being a patron of d ACF states such a position now as a middle belter what now is tha
Raxz: That is not betrayal. but he onoja has stated the position of the middle-belter wht now is that hypocrisy. ahead of 2015 and that is our collective decision. Where is this one collective north? It has never been in existence so why deceiving ourselves when we all knew the truth. I don't see any body betraying any body here pls.
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2013
Born to rule is another way of trouble o. Northern mentality,problem of Nigeria
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Nuzo1(m): 9:55am On Jun 21, 2013
No mallam! Onoja and his fellow midlebeltans have always made their stance clear. Matter of fact, they've supported you guys more than needed in the past.

The people who've actually betrayed the "north" are IBB, Abdulsalam, Abacha, Buhari for forcefully taking power from Shagari, Umaru Dikko, Wamakko, Yerima, El-Rufai, Shekarau and all the northern past and present political office holders and government contractors.

Sorry, I nearly forgot to mention the main betrayer; the founder of boko haram, the rotten teeth mallam of Bauchi state.

Hold these people responsible and all your problems will disappear!

1 Like

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Hamazz1: 9:56am On Jun 21, 2013
sometimes I Get ultra perplexed when I hear pple mention Gej r they not tired of d insecurity or don't hey no that Gej is d chief security officer of Nigeria.30m out of schl children.soaring unemployment economic deprivation name it n yet u mention Gej.what have d so called middle belt benefited from this administration.even d militant in his region r threatening going bk to d creeks.please nigerians hv had enough dose of PDP n Gej.
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by baslone: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2013
olumyde: GBAM! I served in taraba state and i know most ppl there don't consider themselves northerners..

and what do they consider themselves? Easterners?
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by taharqa2: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2013
Hamazz1: sometimes I Get ultra perplexed when I hear pple mention Gej r they not tired of d insecurity or don't hey no that Gej is d chief security officer of Nigeria.30m out of schl children.soaring unemployment economic deprivation name it n yet u mention Gej.what have d so called middle belt benefited from this administration.even d militant in his region r threatening going bk to d creeks.please nigerians hv had enough dose of PDP n Gej.
Come on Sharrap ya mouth tha, joor... Noisemaking is fran on here in NL. Be adviced

1 Like

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by teskyg: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
I have said it many times on this forum that middle belt are now wiser and the time Hausa-Fulani use Northern Nigeria slogan to perpetuate themselves in power by using the middle belt as a guinea pig is over.2015 will really clear the doubts of this power drunk Individual.I pity for Tinubu and co who still want to drag us back with their APC Northern presidential candidate.Onoja and Pam are from middle belt and they are making our position clear ahead.

1 Like

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by gramci: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
Hamazz1: sometimes I Get ultra perplexed when I hear pple mention Gej r they not tired of d insecurity or don't hey no that Gej is d chief security officer of Nigeria.30m out of schl children.soaring unemployment economic deprivation name it n yet u mention Gej.what have d so called middle belt benefited from this administration.even d militant in his region r threatening going bk to d creeks.please nigerians hv had enough dose of PDP n Gej.

confused fellow

2 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by olumyde(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
baslone:
and what do they consider themselves? Easterners?
Probably middlebelters (if there is a word like that). They just don't want to be associated wt the Hausa's and Fulani's

1 Like

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2013
olumyde: GBAM! I served in taraba state and i know most ppl there don't consider themselves northerners. And IMO, northern christians prefer to vote a northern christian or southern muslim/christian rather than a northern muslim. They don't trust them cos of what they've experienced in their hands.
I don't even know why any state below the Rivers niger and Benue should be called a Northern state. Apart from the fact that these rivers serve as a perfect boundary between the north and the south, states below this rivers tagged as "northern" have close to nothing in common with those on "the other side". Arewa is an hausa word and so any association using it should be for the hausa-fulani people. Enough of this Northern sh.it! It only serves the interests of core northerners. I'm a Kwaran of Ekiti origin, merging us with the hausa-fulani is a political fraud.
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Babaji111(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2013
Nigeria belongs to none but to all. Being in power for the first time doesn't meant for life. NO president will rule this country without the north> I stand to be corrected! cool

1 Like

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by tyson55(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2013
Who is betraying who here? Middle-belter's are not Northerners. Stop deceiving yourselves Arewa!

1 Like

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2013
tyson55: Who is betraying who here? Middle-belter's are not Northerners. Stop deceiving yourselves Arewa!

Don't mind these tribalist playing sectional politics and expecting to reap a multi-tribal country like Nigeria. This people are just pathetic.
undecided
Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by rozayx5(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2013

Shut down abeg, Nigeria's problems did not start today, it started under the nose of these same northern Goons in Agbada, do you expect GEJ to sove 50 years of rot overnight

6 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2013

GEJ did not create the insecurity, he is doing his best to solve it.
Come, are you sure you are not among those that kicked against the SOE as declared?

2 Likes

Re: ACF Boss Accuses Northern Elders Of Betrayal. by Elueme: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2013
Tell your stories to the marines bro! These problems you enumerated were created by who?! Guess the same members of Arewa. Let's forget all these mere political talk, a core northern man lack the intelligence to rule a modern day Nigeria in dire need of economic transformation. Security aside, our economy is waxing strong and we need to sustain the temple with a continued vision of this president. With time unemployment and poverty will drastically reduce but we need a viable economy first and a conducive economic Envt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forgery Trial:APC Governors Will Not Intervene In Any Criminal Matter - Governor / Before You Cast The Ballot By Umurhohwo / Imo West: INEC Challenges Jurisdiction Of Court On Okorocha's Suit - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.