Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating (26067 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 21, 2013
Again, Super Eagles’ attacking inefficiency and Uruguayan defenders’ tactical discipline saw Nigeria technically crashing out of Confederation Cup. The Eagles, who were dominated in the opening minutes of the game would later go on to give a gdecent account of themselves in the match with the South American champions.

How they played:

1, Enyeama: Although the goals were hardly his fault, the manner he concedes in almost every match for Nigeria (including against Super minnows like Tahiti, Namibia, Malawi, Kenya) calls to question his continued claim to Nigeria’s goal post. He can do better. 5/10

2, Echiejile: He could have also done better with his overlapping runs. Overlapping to initiate attack and losing final ball is not exactly the hallmark of a modern left back. If he knows he can’t do that, he should have stayed at the back jejely. Average performance. 5/10

3, Oboabona: Decent showing for an home-based against world class strikers, although not his best day. Less active than his defence partner. 5.5/10

4, Omeruo: Coming of age. A good showing against one of the strongest attack line in the world. He intercepted ball many times. He was helpless in Forlan’s goal, although I believe he could have charged the former Man U striker better. 7/10

5, Ambrose: Like his left side partner, his recovery rate when he overlaps is poor, exposing the central defenders. He did decently to assist the attack team though, especially when the wingers were fumbling. 5.5/10

6, Ogude: His raw tackles continued and almost got a card. After that, he was hardly seen. He is not able to take his chance to prove himself in the golden absence of his competitor, Onazi. 4/10

7, Ogu: Assisted Mikel in the midfield and made it possible for the Chelsea man to make daring moves forward. He later went into oblivion though. 6/10

8, Mikel: Easily Nigeria’s best player on the field. He showed his class, proved the difference between a Chelsea first team player and backwater league players. He was outstanding, commanded the midfield, despite the Uruguayans having more men in the midfield. What’s more, he scored world class goal. His lowpoint was a couple of critical indecision in the second half. 8/10

9, Oduamadi: Hacked down within first twenty minutes. Struggled as he did, he couldn’t make an impact in the game again. Unfortunately, those were the first minutes of the game the South Americans dominated the game. Prabably he could have converted, were he to be around when Nigeria began creating chances. 4/10

10, Ideye: He continues to disappoint those of us that have confidence in his ability, and prove critics right. For someone that scored 17 league goals in Ukraine this season, it was a bad outing. A golden chance he saw in the second half was also lost when he was not able to guide the ball well for the crucial turning. 3/10

11, Musa: Again, all run, no substance. His final ball remained poor. Bad crosses. Worse, he gave away ball that resulted in the second goal. 3/10

http://jarushub.com/2013/06/21/player-rating-nigeria-vs-uruguay/

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2013
SUBS

12, BABATUNDE: Thrown into the fray for injured Oduamadi, and disappointed big time. I wonder how Keshi selected someone that plays in one backwater club in Ukraine that scored 2 goals in 44 matches. He doesn’t have the quality – maybe yet – to be a Super Eagles player. 3/10

13, AKPALA: I still wonder why Keshi invited this guy. He scored just one goal for Werder Bremen in Bundesliga last season and made fringe appearances. Yes, he used to prolific in Belgium, but football is about form. Bad decision on Keshi’s part. 3/10

14, Mba: Keshi threw in a midfielder with eye for goal for a good, but not-known-for-scoring Ogu. He needed an equalizer. But it was too little too late. The ‘elephant killer’ didn’t make much impact. 3.5/10

COACH: His attackers once again failed him. I’m not sure he made the right decision throwing Babatunde into the game that early. 4.5/10

OVERALL NEGATIVE: Super Eagles need sharp attackers. All their recent goals were scored by wingers, midfielders and even defenders (Mikel, Oboabona, Echiejile, Oduamadi and Musa). No reliable top 9 yet. I still think Martins and the Uche brothers are still relevant to this team.

OVERALL POSITIVE:
I think we expected too much from this team and we are impatient. The team is still under construction and these boys are still young. We also forget that Uruguay are champions in a continent that has Brazil and Argentina. What’s more, Forlan, Suarez and Cavani are no small players in world football. Not forgetting others players from Athletico Madrid, Liverpool etc. And this is a team we expected our own Ukraine and Belgian leagues players to defeat. It was a decent showing in my opinion.

http://jarushub.com/2013/06/21/player-rating-nigeria-vs-uruguay/

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2013
Did you watch the match?...you seem to be rating them out of emotion..

Echiejile did very well,i,ll rate him only third to mikel and omeruo.He should get at least 6..last night was one of his best games for nigeria.

Musa should get 6.5..He was full of pace and really troubled the uruguan defence.had some good crosses as well.

Oduamadi...6...

29 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by coalcoal1(m): 9:34am On Jun 21, 2013
Sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2013
gbosaa: Did you watch the match?...you seem to be rating them out of emotion..

Echiejile did very well,i,ll rate him only third to mikel and omeruo.He should get at least 6..last night was one of his best games for nigeria.

Musa should get 6.5..He was full of pace and really troubled the uruguan defence.had some good crosses as well.

Oduamadi...6...

If it was out of emotion, I wont give Oduamadi 4 and Ideye 3. I'm a big fan of Ideye.

Rating will never be the same for different people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by tyson55(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2013
The ratings are on point IMO.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2013
We need set-piece takers for heavens sake. One of those wud hav easily been converted. An overhaul of our attackin line is also needed. Keshi shud luk into d English and Italian leagues and leave Ukraine alone.

To top it all, spain. Very heartless pple, they'll field their 1st eleven against Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2013
Despite d fact we lost d game, i can take solace in d fact dat Mikel finally found d net. Gawd! I nearly went gaga wen dat dude scored. Was like i won a lottery.

His haters can finally SHUT UP.

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by DisGuy: 10:02am On Jun 21, 2013
we really need proper strikers, seems we are struggling to gather 11 players a bit like Arsenal

the bench is empty!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by modextus(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus its been long i heard from уσυ Oo..
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by dahmie2013: 10:07am On Jun 21, 2013
Please can someone help me with the implication of this loss. Thanks!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sexysunnyb(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
They all played well and if they put more effort than this then we will beat Spain, i miss Victor Moses like mad
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
It ws a gud outin though dey lost..keshi shld forget his personal egos nd inivite osaze,martins nd d uche brodas...ujah,ideye,musa,akpala,babatunde, shld all be relegated 2 d bench...

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Brimmie(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2013
We played well.. We were able to hold the mid-field for the whole 90mins, but our Strikers were too dumb to convert the chances.

Poor finishing touches from Musa, Ideye, Babatunde, We need a professional striker! Keshi should bring back Osaze! I don't know why most ppl are against Peter Osaze!

We just need the combination of Emenike + Osaze + Oduamadi

========================
The fixtures have already sorted themselves out. Nigeria is out.

Semi final: Brazil vs Uruguay
Spain vs Italy
Final: Spain Vs Brazil
Winner: S P A I N !!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by fitzmayowa: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by collins125: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
Brimmie: [size=20]We need a professional striker! Keshi should bring back Osaze![/size]

Shut up your mouth!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by 9jafreak: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2013
The rating is too harsh please!
It's a young, under-strength Team and these boys can play footie unlike the Yakubu days when it was all wuruwuru to the answer.
Keshi is ingenious.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by nitrogen(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2013

Oduamadi...6...
Please, what are you saying? That Musa should get 6.5? Definitely you listened to radio live commentary! The boy made some stupid and senseless runs yesterday, he lost possessions easily, I need not say more cos he has been like that since.
Oduamadi never did play anything as such before he got injured, so a 6 will be an OVER.

The ratings are correct jare.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2013

Oduamadi...6...

True but Oduamadi 6? For wetin na?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2013
The nigeria attacking line is wack especially ideye that guy is a very useless striker
God we are missing emenike and moses

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2013
Brimmie: [size=20]We need a professional striker! Keshi should bring back Osaze![/size]
Osaze has 9 goals for Nigeria in 10 years, Mikel has 4 in 6 years. Just saying.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by vykte(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2013
The rating is cool! Except 4 d fact dat u gave musa a 3. Dat guy deserves a -3. He's such a bad player i wonder how he gets to play every match. Haruna lukman,rabiu ibrahim are better players and Keshi should realise some of this homebased players aint just good enough.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by 9jafreak: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2013
Personally, I'm impressed. The last time we had a team with this amount of football sense was perhaps 98.
Do you all remember how many borefest of Super Chicken footies we endured for years and years before this team
?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Dsage1: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2013
dahmie2013: Please can someone help me with the implication of this loss. Thanks!

To have any chance of qualify for the semi-final,Eagle must win our next match against Spain and hope that Tahiti also beat Uruguay or lose by a small margin.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by nitrogen(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: Osaze has 9 goals for Nigeria in 10 years, Mikel has 4 in 6 years. Just saying.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by MEILYN(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2013
seconded
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2013
modextus: Jarus its been long i heard from уσυ Oo..

Hey bro, I still dey o
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Brimmie(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2013
collins.123:

Shut up your mouth!

Collins, ori e ti daru!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by danchuzzy(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2013
This guy SOUNDS so "Chelseaish"... jus sayin
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by olojuede01: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Peacemaker: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2013
My thoughts on the match as well as the Eagles in recent time:First of all I am of the opinion that we can say we are on course.My reasons are not far fetched. Before now, the norm was to get players from obscure leagues(as bizarre as the Swaziland league!)all in the name of fielding professionals. Now we are in an experimental and rebuilding process.We don't have the usual inflated egos(at least few for now).Neither do we have technically gifted players.What we have is a collection of guys who play(or are trying to) as a team.I can say so far so good.The emphasis should be on the World Cup as well as a well oiled Unit that will prosper for years to come.Just my opinion

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2013
9jafreak: Personally, I'm impressed. The last time we had a team with this amount of football sense was perhaps 98.
Do you all remember how many borefest of Super Chicken footies we endured for years and years before this team
?
That's why we should do eveything to avoid bringing back those players who gave us the name super chickens. Instead we should drop the remaining one of them, Enyeama!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AFCON: CAF Issues New Update On Players' Substitution Amid COVID Outbreak / Ikorodu United Bus In A Road Accident Enroute Makurdi Today / Brazil Vs Nigeria: Francis Uzoho Speaks After His Horrible Injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.