Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread (293989 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
dasdexter: as in is d whole os creamed with chinese, i tot dere's a stock android theme dat came with d fone, jst in case u don't lyk dere custom ui.
Nope...... Just the UI with a lil bit of stock Android
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by dasdexter(m): 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Godvilla: Nope...... Just the UI with a lil bit of stock Android
but atleast if u use sumtin lyk nova launcher, everytin is ok ryt
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
dasdexter: but atleast if u use sumtin lyk nova launcher, everytin is ok ryt
YES..........
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
Godvilla: GOODNEWS smileysmileysmiley
UPDATED CWM RECOVERY NOW AVAILABLE
INFINITY HD CUSTOM ROM WITH NEXUS 4 LOOKS AND TWEAKS
(VANILLA ANDROID) AVAILABLE
FINAL BUT NOT THE LEAST
XPERIA Z HD CUSTOM ROM(NO BUGS) ALSO AVAILABLE

smileysmileysmiley
cn these work on A+?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
tomii: cn these work on A+?
NO
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
Godvilla: 4PEACE, UR STAY IN CHINA IS DUE smiley
WITH THIS CWM, U CAN NOW REVERT TO UR OLD NANDROID BACKUP ROM.

IT DOESNT END THERE....
U CAN NOW FEEL WHAT NEXUS 4 LOOKS LIKE AND
AND THE MUCH TALKED ABOUT... XPERIA Z HONAMI(HD)

Menh I will be grateful ooo even dey give me chinko to married but no place like home my brother.
Imagine no see EBA to eat lolz cry
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
*I KNOW U ARE ALL EXCITED ABOUT PORTING NEW CUSTOM ROMS.
BUT WITHOUT ROOT ACCESS, ITS A MISSION IMPOSIBLE.
LET'S GET ON WITH THE BASIC(ROOT ACCESS)

DOWNLOAD MOTOCHOPPER
DOWNLOAD HERE

Instructions:
1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest MTK USB drivers available for your phone.
3. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB.
5. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "run.bat".
6. Approve the ADB connection for your PC on your device.

MTK DEVICES USB DRIVER
[url=http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00059/U8e/GN_MTK_USBDriver%28Factory%29_V1.1.0_1.rar]DOWNLOAD HERE[/url]

MOBILE UNCLE TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY

*I. Extract the entire contents of the zip file. This will create a folder automatically.
II. Only copy the file [recovery.img] directly to the sd card.
III. Enable option “Unknown sources” on your device and install the mobileuncletools.
Grant for superuser/SuperSU permission.
IV. Select the options/select (press) "Recovery Update". recovery.img should be being seen.
V. Tighten the recovery.img and a message asking you to confirm flash. Select OK.
VI. After that, a message prompts you, Select OK.

[url=http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00059/y4X/CWM%20BLU%20Life%20Play%20L100i%20-%20by%20lopestom.zip]CWM RECOVER v6.0.2.8[/url]
[url=http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00059/9Q8/Mobileuncle%20Tools%2020130619v2.9.3.apk]MOBILE UNCLE LATEST[/url]
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
deejay_harry1: NO
why?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2013
Godvilla: I KNOW U ARE ALL EXCITED ABOUT PORTING NEW CUSTOM ROMS.
BUT WITHOUT ROOT ACCESS, ITS A MISSION IMPOSIBLE.
LET'S GET ON WITH THE BASIC(ROOT ACCESS)

DOWNLOAD MOTOCHOPPER
DOWNLOAD HERE

Instructions:
1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest MTK USB drivers available for your phone.
3. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB.
5. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "run.bat".
6. Approve the ADB connection for your PC on your device.
interesting...continue smiley
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
Coolstan: interesting...continue smiley
i thought u use F7
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
tomii: i thought u use F7
Him want brick him phone
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
UP NEXT...... INFINITY HD AND SONY XPERIA Z HONAMI ROMS!!!

ACKNOWLEDMENTS: MY CLOSEST XDA PAL LILIBM WHO HELPED IN TWEAKING THE ROMS.
A BIG THANKS TO SLYVESTER(9JA 4LIFE) WHO GAVE ME HIS GIONEE E3 TO RUN A TEST OF THE ORIGINAL RUSSIAN QMOBILE ROM.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
tomii: i thought u use F7
yes you thought right.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
directonpc:
Him want brick him phone
yes i want to brick your head wink
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
Coolstan: yes i want to brick your head wink
Sorry no UsB driver for my head.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by hephzibah22: 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
mcgboye: For lack of better thing to do, I read a review of the E3 and I was impressed. http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/reviews/gionee-elife-e3-review-382667

I read somewhere about the story of the advent of Tecno into the Nigerian market and I was wondering if those big guys in Ikeja cannot link up with someone in China to have the makers of Gionee set up shop here in Nigeria. An increased presence will be good for everyone. I've recommended the A+ to people because they kept asking me what will happen if they have to repair it. That's something I'll love to have Gionee do. Imagine what that will do to the smartphone market in Nigeria.
Gionee has over 10 CC in Nigeria now.Check their facebook page to confirm
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by harrysteeze: 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pls what are the pros and cons of flashing a stock rom with custom ones..??
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by hephzibah22: 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
s3nn2x: I respect you alot to trade words with you, but I have to debunk your statement. I went to Devices and Gadgets in Banex plaza yesterday to get a phone and I was told that the E3 goes for 33k, Dream D1 goes for 38k and the Phantom A+ goes for 39k, I did not buy the E3 because they had only white and red, I can't use any colour of phone except for black. I just had to clear the air.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
Just wondering if someone else has been able to flash their E3 with CWM?

@Godvilla,
Not working. Tried all the recovery files at xda including yours now but for some reasons unknown to me it doesn't flash the device. It only reboots.

Did you try this out?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2013
directonpc:
Sorry no UsB driver for my head.
i will create them lmao
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
hephzibah22:
link?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 11:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
hephzibah22:
They don't have any CC in Nigeria, it is just marketers making it up to push sales. Also the Gionee Mobile Nigeria facebook page is managed by a marketer and no the company.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 11:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
s3nn2x: I respect you alot to trade words with you, but I have to debunk your statement. I went to Devices and Gadgets in Banex plaza yesterday to get a phone and I was told that the E3 goes for 33k, Dream D1 goes for 38k and the Phantom A+ goes for 39k, I did not buy the E3 because they had only white and red, I can't use any colour of phone except for black. I just had to clear the air.
Thanks so much for your matured way of handling this matter.God bless you but sincerely,prices varies depending on the source.Phantom A+ that is sold for 39k here is selling for 35k or at times less in my place.the difference in the E3 will be looked into.Thanks so much once again.God bless you real good.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 11:18pm On Aug 03, 2013
TrebleChamp: They don't have any CC in Nigeria, it is just marketers making it up to push sales. Also the Gionee Mobile Nigeria facebook page is managed by a marketer and no the company.
Tremble champ,they do have.Remember when you had a problem with your E3,it was actually done by their CC.their facebook page is different from the one managed by the nigerian marketer.Just search for Gionee on facebook not Gionee Nigeria.Hope it helped?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by lat4real: 11:22pm On Aug 03, 2013
cmw 6.0? when i have 6.3...well sha
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 11:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
elijahdre:
Tremble champ,they do have.Remember when you had a problem with your E3,it was actually done by their CC.their facebook page is different from the one managed by the nigerian marketer.Just search for Gionee on facebook not Gionee Nigeria.Hope it helped?
it didn't help. No useful info found
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
bLacK GoLd: Just wondering if someone else has been able to flash their E3 with CWM?

@Godvilla,
Not working. Tried all the recovery files at xda including yours now but for some reasons unknown to me it doesn't flash the device. It only reboots.

Did you try this out?
YES! It worked very well.....
Nevatheless, u can try this recovery image. Make sure u dnt flash with SP flashTool.
Use MobileUncle
CWM RECOVERY
NB:SAVE IT TO THE SD CARD AND NOT THE INTERNAL MEMORY.
GIV ME FEED BACK.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2013
lat4real: cmw 6.0? when i have 6.3...well sha
6.2.8(6.2)
6.3 might be compatible wit urs, while the 6.2 is compatible with Gionee.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2013
Godvilla: YES! It worked very well.....
Nevatheless, u can try this recovery image. Make sure u dnt flash with SP flashTool.
Use MobileUncle
CWM RECOVERY
NB:SAVE IT TO THE SD CARD AND NOT THE INTERNAL MEMORY.
GIV ME FEED BACK.

Please check the link...it's dead.

Well, it is still not working. I wonder if someone else here has had some success with this?

"Reboot into recovery mode"...i choose "OK" then it just restarts the phone without any action. I downloaded one from xda that gave an error while restarting, that is the closest i've come!
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Larrybillz(m): 12:21am On Aug 04, 2013
Godvilla: YES..........
hmmm,..must it be JUST nova or any launcher ....#n pls wot is ds tin bout cwm n custom rom.?....criously dhnno dia meannings
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Larrybillz(m): 12:34am On Aug 04, 2013
bLacK GoLd: Regarding the Gionee e3 in black color, i have not seen one!

However, the software that comes preloaded on this phone is junk and the user interface is so CHINESE! I have been trying to switch to a custom ROM all day but it is so difficult to even get the slightest support for this device unlike you'd do with a reg phone.

Nevertheless, the audio quality of the phone is superb, the camera is decent but NEVER try to use the flash in low light because it is shitty! The battery life seems better than i expected although i have not put it under intense use.

I doubt if any regular android user would appreciate the interface of this Gionee except when ported to a custom rom. Now where is Godzilla and 4Peace? I need help!!!
Comments like ds. just gimme double tots bout buying ds fone...#just pray I dnt sell ma current fone for nothing n probaably miss out on phanton a+....gooohdd, dah "so chinese "word scare d hell outta me....Godliva shud just help pls, Is ds fone rily WORTH it?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Elxandre(m): 2:17am On Aug 04, 2013
Godvilla, what do you think bout the Gpad2? is it as supported as the e3 (custom roms e.t.c) ?..i really love the size..i dont think i care much about the average 240ppi! and it has 16gb internal storage right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (161) (Reply)

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### / Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.