Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt (2298 Views)

Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus / Angry Woman Places ‘smelling Vagina’ Curse On Lady Who Slept With Her Husband / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by Creamz(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
A bride has sent angry messages to one of her wedding guests, telling them that their present wasn't good enough and asking to see the receipt.

Kathy Mason and her boyfriend attended the wedding of Laura, who has not given her second name. They gave the bride a food hamper, which included foodstuffs like marshmallow whip and jelly sweets, as a gift.

However, shortly after the wedding, Mason received a text message which requested to see the receipt for the gift.

Later, she received a message which read: "I want to thank you for coming to the wedding Friday.

"I'm not sure if it's the first wedding you have been to, but for your next wedding … people give envelopes. I lost out on $200 (£130) covering you and your date's plate… and got fluffy whip and sour patch kids in return. Just a heads-up for the future."

According to the Toronto Star, a heated email exchange between the newlywed and guest then took place, in which Mason stated that bride Laura had "the etiquette of a twig".

"I couldn't care less of what you think about the gift you received," continued Mason. "'Normal' people would welcome anything given. You wanna have a party, you pay for it, don't expect me to."

Laura then retorted with: "You should have been cut from the list… I knew we were gunna (sic) get a bag of peanuts. I was right."

Later on, Laura suggested that Mason should poll "normal-functioning people" about whether she was wrong to give the food basket as a present.

Mason then decided to ask readers of The Spectator and the Burlington Mamas Facebook group, where she received more than 200 responses.

Mason said: "We just appreciate the support; the confirmation that what we did was thoughtful and not out of place."

However, Italian Laura and her Croatian bride state that they have never attended a wedding where guests did not give money as a gift. She also went on to claim that Mason was one of only two guests who did not give in excess of $150 (£97) cash as a gift.

Source: www.mynaijagist.com/angry-bride-texts-wedding-guest-over-gift-requests-to-see-receipt/

2 Likes

Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by Blazinraj01(f): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
angry She must be one selfish girl but She is also smart and outspoken grin
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by baby124: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
bride has sent angry messages to one of her wedding guests, telling them that their present wasn't good enough and asking to see the receipt.

Kathy Mason and her boyfriend attended the wedding of Laura, who has not given her second name. They gave the bride a food hamper, which included foodstuffs like marshmallow whip and jelly sweets, as a gift.

However, shortly after the wedding, Mason received a text message which requested to see the receipt for the gift.

Later, she received a message which read: "I want to thank you for coming to the wedding Friday.

"I'm not sure if it's the first wedding you have been to, but for your next wedding … people give envelopes. I lost out on $200 (£130) covering you and your date's plate… and got fluffy whip and sour patch kids in return. Just a heads-up for the future."

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Na wa o!!! This bride is looking for money or what. How many wedding presents do people even use. grin grin grin
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
I hope that husband doesn't end up in an early grave
His life will never be the same with this new wife of his

But true true some people do give lousy gifts at weddings and birthdays
It is proper to buy a befitting gift when invited to an occasion but responding and blasting someone for no gifts or a tacky gift is way overboard

1 Like

Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by vizboy(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
LMAO
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by Mamacita007(f): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
llooooll its better to tell people to bring cash gifts only. some pple will wrap a big baff or cooler in gift wrap for the couple. Isnt it better to give them money in an envelope no matter how small?
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
a hungry man is an angry man.
My wedding, no gift, no money display etc, just come and witness, eat, drink, dance and go.
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by vanitty: 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hehehe remind me of this incident I heard:
""Wedding - £20 000 and still counting, you came, you ate, you packed more food home, you also took souvenir, you were so "present" as if you were the sponsor of the wedding
You now gift-wrapped tomato slicer as your only contribution to the wedding. E be ru Olorun o ""said the sister of the bride to a wedding guest. Lmao. grin iwosi ti ko da.

Guest should also respect themselves jare, if there is a wedding wish list, jejely buy something from there for them. If the couple don't have a wedding wish list, you can't go wrong with gift cards.
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by damiso(f): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hilarious grin grin grin grin.
But also tacky.A gift is what it is, a gift.Its the thought behind it that matters wink wink wink wink.

Disclaimer:Above quote does not apply to Husbands (at least my husband sha grin grin)
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
LMAOO grin grin
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by EfemenaXY: 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
Funny thread.

Sour grapes. smiley
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by mysticgal(f): 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mtchew a gift is a gift whether monetry,packagely or fruitly cool
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by angelTI(f): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
Oro buruku ton t'erin
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by rezzy: 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
God saved her she is not a Nigerian. They would have giving #20 in an envelop and collect deep breakable plate.
Or at most give her breakable plate for eba and collect the one for soup. I trust my area people.
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
rezzy: God saved her she is not a Nigerian. They would have giving #20 in an envelop and collect deep breakable plate.
Or at most give her breakable plate for eba and collect the one for soup. I trust my area people.
Hahahahaha!!!
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by greatgod2012(f): 6:03am On Jun 22, 2013
Funny but the truth there is that the bride is likely going to be a milky someone.
May God help her hubby grin
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by smartmom(f): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2013
rezzy: God saved her she is not a Nigerian. They would have giving #20 in an envelop and collect deep breakable plate.

Too funny but definitely true. Was at a wedding on thursday and only about 5 people gave gifts. The rest just ate food and drink and dusted their butts and left.
Re: Angry Bride Texts Wedding Guest Over Gift, Requests To See Receipt by yhemmite(f): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
angel TI: Oro buruku ton t'erin
hmmm, Ijebu

(1) (Reply)

I Do Wanna Knw Ur Take On Dis Issue. / 20 Questions For Singles / Family Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.