Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,446 members, 7,801,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. (3361 Views)

Jigawa Corpers Take Lassa-Fever Sensitizations To Rural Community (Photos) / 2014 Batch C Corps Members Posted To jigawa State / A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by kokozain(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hi I was posted to Jigawa state can anyone explain how to get to jigawa nysc camp from ilorin thanks
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by Nasige(m): 10:46am On Jun 22, 2013
There is a direct car to kano from ilorin I guess!from kano u enter car going to dutse and u make sure that u inform d driver that u will drop at FANISAWU.The camp is opposit an army barrack.SAVE TRIP
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by chinedumije: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2013
when u get to kano, take a taxi to dutse -fanisau- safe trip, have fun and dont let dem decieve u jigawa camp is a luxury
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by cosify: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
A direct car wil take u to Kano.Then take another car from Kano to Dutse.Tell d driver that u wil disembark at d NYSC Orientation Camp at Fanisau Dutse. Note:I served in Jigawa for 2012 Batch B. I just passed out on June the 6th 2013.The camp is new and well built.It is second to none in Nigeria.Jigawa people are hospitable and peaceful.No violence.No skirmishes.No uncertainties.Infact,Jigawa is a corper-friendly state with a state allowance of #5000 monthly. Enjoy your service year.

1 Like

Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by caesaraba(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
cosify: A direct car wil take u to Kano.Then take another car from Kano to Dutse.Tell d driver that u wil disembark at d NYSC Orientation Camp at Fanisau Dutse. Note:I served in Jigawa for 2012 Batch B. I just passed out on June the 6th 2013.The camp is new and well built.It is second to none in Nigeria.Jigawa people are hospitable and peaceful.No violence.No skirmishes.No uncertainties.Infact,Jigawa is a corper-friendly state with a state allowance of #5000 monthly. Enjoy your service year.

Thanks jaree. Posted to Jigawa too.
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by USKE(m): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2013
I was also posted to jigawa
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by Mopolchi: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
cosify: A direct car wil take u to Kano.Then take another car from Kano to Dutse.Tell d driver that u wil disembark at d NYSC Orientation Camp at Fanisau Dutse. Note:I served in Jigawa for 2012 Batch B. I just passed out on June the 6th 2013.The camp is new and well built.It is second to none in Nigeria.Jigawa people are hospitable and peaceful.No violence.No skirmishes.No uncertainties.Infact,Jigawa is a corper-friendly state with a state allowance of #5000 monthly. Enjoy your service year.
So it is no longer at Gumel, that is, the camp. A good one. I served there too during elections. I was attacked in the corper's lodge at Hadejia, though unharmed, by some miscreants then. I refused redeploying because apart for that election violence, the people are nice people + they love corpers too. The place is the place to do your nysc in the north. Things are cheap there. You can save your allawee. The state pays 5000 naira to teaching corpers, 16500 naira to lab scientist, nurse, microbiologist corpers and 26000 naira to doctors. In fact, there you will enjoy your nysc.

1 Like

Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by mrgreen4real(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
How much do they pay engineers? Am posted there too
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by Mopolchi: 7:13am On Jun 24, 2013
mrgreen4real: How much do they pay engineers? Am posted there too
Engineers teach physics and mathematics there. So from what I wrote above you must have known what they are to be paid.
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by matil1011: 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
Presently serving in Jahun,jigawa state. starting from the camp, the camp is OK, and I dislike been posted to capital Co's it's hardly you have free accommodation, you have to include transportation cost in you allowance and you will continue to wear your white shirt and kaaki trousers and CDS is very compulsory, the standard of living is just too much expensive food stuffs.
at first when I was posted to this local government jahun, I was almost thinking of redeploying but later I saw that it was the best place that I was posted to. you do a lot of savings and you can buy full chicken at a very cheap rate.
it's lovely to be posted away from state capital, I bet you, you will enjoy your stay in jigawa. am not saying that the whole local government Co's everywhere cannot be the same.
welcome to Jigawa - the new world.
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by Mopolchi: 9:22am On Jun 25, 2013
matil1011: Presently serving in Jahun,jigawa state. starting from the camp, the camp is OK, and I dislike been posted to capital Co's it's hardly you have free accommodation, you have to include transportation cost in you allowance and you will continue to wear your white shirt and kaaki trousers and CDS is very compulsory, the standard of living is just too much expensive food stuffs.
at first when I was posted to this local government jahun, I was almost thinking of redeploying but later I saw that it was the best place that I was posted to. you do a lot of savings and you can buy full chicken at a very cheap rate.
it's lovely to be posted away from state capital, I bet you, you will enjoy your stay in jigawa. am not saying that the whole local government Co's everywhere cannot be the same.
Guy na true you talk. For those wey wan hussle capital na real suffering u wan enter unless u really wan do NYSC, that is, de wear white and khaki everyday. Things de costly there but d place fine. No be fine somebody go chop. If u wan hussle, hussle go Hadejia. The place be urban area. Things cheap. In fact, I de buy 100 naira meat wey go full my pot that time there. Full Karfa- Chicken na btw 1000 & 1500 naira. Full Aquila- Goat na btw 5000 & 7000 naira. Big potatoes of btw seven and ten pieces na 50 naira. Yam and Ogbono cost abit there. I mudu of foreign rice then na 500 naira, beans na 280 naira. Accomodation there na 30000 naira for the one wey cost sha. Ashaba or okada there na talatin 30 naira. In fact, that place sweet die, if say, elections no de take place.
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by cosify: 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
matil1011: Presently serving in Jahun,jigawa state. starting from the camp, the camp is OK, and I dislike been posted to capital Co's it's hardly you have free accommodation, you have to include transportation cost in you allowance and you will continue to wear your white shirt and kaaki trousers and CDS is very compulsory, the standard of living is just too much expensive food stuffs.
That is true.Life in d capital,Dutse is quite expensive.Accomodation is not provided.Corpers rent houses. Besides that,Dutse is a dry place except d banks that make it boom a bit.In fact,by many standards,it may not qualify as d Capital.I served in Taura LG fondly called ''Small London''. Accomodation there is free and it is always close to ur PPA so that u would not need to spend a dime on transport.ADVICE TO CAMPING CORPERS: Dont influence your posting to anywhere.Let it happen naturally as i did.People will still serve in Dutse.But i can tell u all that i really enjoyed my service in Taura.The natives and employers there are very friendly and things are particularly cheap.Testimonies of a blissful and hitch-free service year by my colleagues abound,most of them from outside Dutse.But some advantages of serving in Dutse are:Telecommunication service does not fluctuate like in many other places.Electricity is sufficient unlike many other LGs. Also u can make easy bank transactions unlike my Taura and many other LGs where there are no banks.We had to travel to Kano or Dutse 4 dat purpose, and seize d opportunity to purchsase some foodstuff and other things that were and may be are still not available in Taura.But all these will last only a year and u ar back to ur base unless u want to b retained there.
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by distinct00: 5:56am On Oct 31, 2013
pls does anyone know the cost of transportation from ilorin to jigawa and the time it will take.
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by bunmixtra(f): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
time by road like 9hrs +
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by distinct00: 3:18am On Nov 01, 2013
thanks bunmixtra. is road safety ppa fun in jigawa
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by kristie26(f): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2013
I was also posted 2 jigawa frm ilorin o
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by 1one: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by Kokaine(m): 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2017
Mopolchi:
So it is no longer at Gumel, that is, the camp. A good one. I served there too during elections. I was attacked in the corper's lodge at Hadejia, though unharmed, by some miscreants then. I refused redeploying because apart for that election violence, the people are nice people + they love corpers too. The place is the place to do your nysc in the north. Things are cheap there. You can save your allawee. The state pays 5000 naira to teaching corpers, 16500 naira to lab scientist, nurse, microbiologist corpers and 26000 naira to doctors. In fact, there you will enjoy your nysc.
my brother, my company just posted me to dutse. am in trouble?
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by Mopolchi: 11:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kokaine:
my brother, my company just posted me to dutse. am in trouble?
grin Dutse is fine and beautiful in terms of environs. It has one of the most sincere stores I have ever visited - SAHAD Store. The only issue I think you'll have now is the weather: Extreme Hotness, extreme Cold and windy rains (it depends on the period). Go about your business freely but leave within neighbourhoods where non indigenes live so you can get news of what the locals are upto. Election times, if you have the permission to leave the city, please do although when I was there it did not experience the rascality I experienced at Hadejia and heard of in Gumel then. In all, enjoy the city, it's not dangerous. Just mind your business, don't talk about their religion, mind the weather- it's very extreme and dodge election year.
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by Kokaine(m): 12:32am On Oct 14, 2017
Mopolchi:
grin Dutse is fine and beautiful in terms of environs. It has one of the most sincere stores I have ever visited - SAHAD Store. The only issue I think you'll have now is the weather: Extreme Hotness, extreme Cold and windy rains (it depends on the period). Go about your business freely but leave within neighbourhoods where non indigenes live so you can get news of what the locals are upto. Election times, if you have the permission to leave the city, please do although when I was there it did not experience the rascality I experienced at Hadejia and heard of in Gumel then. In all, enjoy the city, it's not dangerous. Just mind your business, don't talk about their religion, mind the weather- it's very extreme and dodge election year.
baba na wa oh. this election thing frightens me. i dont even understand hausa. please whats the cost of life there and accommodation, is the place as fine as lagos island? what do you mean by sincere store. are the indigenes rich? cos i intend to run my solar installation business on weekends. how is power supply there? thanks a million bro. nairaland is a good meeting ground for most information.
Re: batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. by Mopolchi: 12:45am On Oct 14, 2017
Kokaine:
baba na wa oh. this election thing frightens me. i dont even understand hausa. please whats the cost of life there and accommodation, is the place as fine as lagos island? what do you mean by sincere store.
Dutse is the state capital, election violence doesn't occur there but if you have an opportunity to leave the North completely, please do. Things are a bit costly in Duste unlike other towns in Jigawa. Mind you, you are travelling to an arid area. The land there is dry and hard. It is always hot, dusty and windy. It is beautiful but not as lively as Lagos Island. Accommodation can be got within the range of N30,000 to N70,000 per year. SAHAD store is a sincere store where you can buy any item at a wholesale price. Nothing like adding of profits to the prices of goods.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Important Documents/materials To Take To NYSC Orientation Camp / Way To See If Your Name Is In The NYSC Database / NYSC: I Was Rejected At My Place Of Posting (see Letter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.