Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra (3635 Views)

NYSC 2014 Batch B Corpers; Where Is Your Place Of Primary Assignment (PPA)? / NYSC 2013 Batch B House / A thread for corpers posted to Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 5:43am On Jun 22, 2013
Since there's no current 2013 Batch B Anambra corpers thread, you guys can meet here...
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by tblackE61(m): 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
U all are wlcome to anambra d lite of the nation!!!!!!any question abt anambra ask me here.
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by phelpy: 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2013
congratulations to ya all..fr those coming to anambra state..u can holla me fr any clarifications..am a batch A corp member servin at nkpor..idemili north lga..anambra..see ya soon!!!!
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by Akinlekanwr(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
Can anyone gimme d address to d camp?
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by jahlove4jah: 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2013
Akinlekanwr: Can anyone gimme d address to d camp?

from upper iweka at onitsha enter Awka bus and tell them to stop you at umunya.
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by titilayobola85: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hailings to d house. Congrats to all d Batch B corpers posted to d house. A friend Óf mine wants to knw hw camp life is iÑ Anambra. Pls. Share
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
Akinlekanwr: Can anyone gimme d address to d camp?
Where are you coming from?
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
titilayobola85: Hailings to d house. Congrats to all d Batch B corpers posted to d house. A friend Óf mine wants to knw hw camp life is iÑ Anambra. Pls. Share
Well, the camp is good I'm an ex-corper who served there...

Anambra state is peaceful...the people are friendly and the environment is good.

As for the camp, try and arrive there during the day. Cos from the express to the main camp is like 5km, and the road is more like a hill...I believe it would be worse this rainy season.

There are bike men who operate there during the day, but if you arrive there at night, believe me, you wouldn't find it funny.

There are no banks around, so make sure you come with enough money that can sustain you throughout your camping.

The hostels are quite ok...they are iron beds (double bunk) you should come early so as to get good foams cos most of them are less than 1cm thick.

Umunya camp uses temporary electric wiring, there aren't sockets in some of the hostels...so if you want to get your phones and other gadgets and devices charged, try and arrive there early so as to get a hostel that has socket.

As for the toilets, they're really messed up, but the bathrooms are manageable.

The camp environment is quite ok, its surrounded with cassava plantations, and there are large mango trees, and a big football field in the center of the camp.

For your ppa, just pray and hope that you're posted to Awka, Nnewi, Onitsha or Agulu, and you would enjoy your service year.

Good luck.
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by real2fix(m): 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
am rit servin @ nnewi north local govt anambra.....ask me question..

1 Like

Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by danny3089: 5:46am On Jun 23, 2013
hv been posted 2 anambra state....
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by ChristyIsaac: 6:04am On Jun 23, 2013
Am coming 4m ph nd being posted there dnt even kn hw 2 get there
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by Desammy(m): 7:05am On Jun 23, 2013
Ok. If u r comin 4rm Ph board a bus direct 2 upper iweka Onitsha, den 4rm dia enta another bus goin 2 Awka. And tel d driver 2 stop u @ Umunya Nysc junction. 4rm dia u wil c bike men goin dia... Hv a luvly camping... Ok. If u r comin 4rm Ph board a bus direct 2 upper iweka Onitsha, den 4rm dia enta another bus goin 2 Awka. And tel d driver 2 stop u @ Umunya Nysc junction. 4rm dia u wil c bike men goin dia... Hv a luvly camping... Ok. If u r comin 4rm Ph board a bus direct 2 upper iweka Onitsha, den 4rm dia enta another bus goin 2 Awka. And tel d driver 2 stop u @ Umunya Nysc junction. 4rm dia u wil c bike men goin dia... Hv a luvly camping...
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 7:09am On Jun 23, 2013
Christy Isaac :
Am coming 4m ph nd being posted there dnt even kn hw 2 get there
From ph enter RSTC (rivers transportation company) to Awka, drop at NYSC camp not umunya b/stop cos umunya b/stop is quite far from the camp.

Once you alight at the camp, cross, over to the other side and you would find bike men who would take you inside.

They charge between N70-N100

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by labbyboi(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2013
I served dere many years ago(lol, just 3yrs o)Nnewi north or no where, trade whatever it takes to get it grin. Get ready to serve gallantly though because dem dey use Corp members well for that state.
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by jigabanty(m): 11:58am On Jun 23, 2013
Hi guys, Please can anyone give us the direction from Lagos State to the camp in Anambra State? And also the cost implication to get there. Thank You.
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
jigabanty: Hi guys, Please can anyone give us the direction from Lagos State to the camp in Anambra State? And also the cost implication to get there. Thank You.
From lagos, enter a bus going to Enugu, tell the driver that you're dropping at the NYSC camp. He will stop you at the camp gate, from the camp gate, all you have to do is to cross to the other side and enter a bike going inside the camp.

From Lagos to Enugu shouldn't be more than N3000 (three thousand naira)

And from the camp gate to the main camp isn't more than N100 (hundred naira)

Good luck and safe journey.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by jigabanty(m): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
I really appreciate you guys'comments and concerns towards all the new corps members' hitch free and comfort-ability to the camp and also in the camp. But we'd appreciate recent information and not outdated ones. Therefore if you served 3 or 4 years ago, make sure the information you are passing across has passed through the test of time. Thank You
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by jigabanty(m): 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
CrazyMan:
From lagos, enter a bus going to Enugu, tell the driver that you're dropping at the NYSC camp. He will stop you at the camp gate, from the camp gate, all you have to do is to cross to the other side and enter a bike going inside the camp.

From Lagos to Enugu shouldn't be more than N3000 (three thousand naira)

And from the camp gate to the main camp isn't more than N100 (hundred naira)

Thanks Bro, U mean Anambra camp or Enugu Camp? Just clarification
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by jigabanty(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
real2fix: am rit servin @ nnewi north local govt anambra.....ask me question..
Thank You Bro, Please how much is the state allowance?
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
jigabanty:
Thanks Bro, U mean Anambra camp or Enugu Camp? Just clarification
Anambra camp.

Usually, you might not find a direct bus going to Awka from lagos, so you're left with Enugu bound buses. They all ply the same route anyways.

But tell the driver that you're coming down at Umunya NYSC camp Anambra state...So if he has any other route in mind (eg Agulu road route or old road) to bypass the onitsha traffic, he would ensure that he stops you at umunya.
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
jigabanty:
Thank You Bro, Please how much is the state allowance?
The state Allowee is N4,800 (four thousand eight hundred naira)
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by jigabanty(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
CrazyMan:
Anambra camp.

Usually, you might not find a direct bus going to Awka from lagos, so you're left with Enugu bound buses. They all ply the same route anyways.

But tell the driver that you're coming down at Umunya NYSC camp Anambra state...So if he has any other route in mind (eg Agulu road route or old road) to bypass the onitsha traffic, he would ensure that he stops you at umunya.
Alright. Thank Yoou.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2013
You're welcomed.
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by jigabanty(m): 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
CrazyMan:
OMG! Not even up to a MTN Internet Access Monthly Subscription. Too Bad. Please, can we know the best network on the camp? I can't thank you enough for your quick response.God bless you
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
jigabanty:
OMG! Not even up to a MTN Internet Access Monthly Subscription. Too Bad. Please, can we know the best network on the camp? I can't thank you enough for your quick response.God bless you
Mtn and glo are ok...I used them both when I was in camp, and as far as I could tell, they were good.
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by jigabanty(m): 2:13am On Jun 24, 2013
Hello Fellas, If you've been posted to Anambra State, as a Batch B 2013 Corps Member, please lets get to know ourselves here... I rep Ekiti State University, I'm Olajiga Bankole AKA Jigabanty... *Winks*

1 Like

Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by Akinlekanwr(m): 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
CrazyMan:
Where are you coming from?
'm coming 4rm Oyo state
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by CrazyMan(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
Akinlekanwr: 'm coming 4rm Oyo state
From where you reside in Oyo State, take a bus going to Onitsha (I'm sure you would find them there) drop at the last bus stop (upper iweka)

From upper iweka, take another bus going to Awka (it shouldn't be more than N200) stop at NYSC camp, cross to the other side and take a bike inside.

Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by Akinlekanwr(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
CrazyMan:
From where you reside in Oyo State, take a bus going to Onitsha (I'm sure you would find them there) drop at the last bus stop (upper iweka)

From upper iweka, take another bus going to Awka (it shouldn't be more than N200) stop at NYSC camp, cross to the other side and take a bike inside.

thnx man... Jah bless u
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by ChristyIsaac: 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Tanx a lot I really appreciate.From ph enter RSTC (rivers transportation company) to Awka, drop at NYSC camp not umunya b/stop cos umunya b/stop is quite far from the camp.

Once you alight at the camp, cross, over to the other side and you would find bike men who would take you inside.

They charge between N70-N100

Good luck.[/quote]
Re: 2013 Batch B Corpers Posted To Anambra by Deolaw: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2013
CrazyMan:

Its actually N5800. I am serving here in Ihiala, Anambra. You are all lucky to be posted to this state. Its a great place to be.
Enjoy to the capacity ;\

[Come and relieve me of my work here in the school]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Corpers Will Not Serve In Adamawa State / Which Airline Offers Cheap Flight For Corpers / Nysc Final Clearance Batch A Stream I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.