Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio (10284 Views)

Amaechi, Akpabio, Melaye, Ben Murray-Bruce Hangout At Event (Photos) / Nigerian Hacking Governors Forum: Amaechi, Akpabio, Uduaghan Hacked Phones Too / Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by abu12: 5:55am On Jun 22, 2013
From TAIWO AMODU, Abuja
Reprieve seems to be on the way for the embattled Rivers State governor, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, who was recently suspended by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Working Committee (NWC), as there are indications that he would soon be recalled.

Giving this indication yesterday, in Abuja, Akwa Ibom State governor and Chairman of thePDP Governors’ Forum, Obong Godswill Akpabio, at the end of the Professor Jerry Gana Special National Convention Committee meeting, said there are moves to recall Amaechi.

The PDP NWC, led by national Chairman of the party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur had, on May 27, 2013 suspended Amaechi, while constituting an11-member disciplinary committee headed by Chief Joe Gadzama (SAN]), with Anicho Okoro as secretary, to look into the petition against the Rivers governor.

Former national publicity secretary of the party, Barrister Olisa Metuh, in a statement disclosed that Governor Amaechi was suspended “following his refusal to obey the lawful directive of the Rivers State executive committee to rescind his decision on the dissolution of the elected executive council of Obiokpor Local Government Area of Rivers State.”
Speaking yesterday, Governor Akpabio revealed that PDP governors were making efforts to ensure that the Rivers State governorwas recalled.

The Party had on Monday rescinded its decision to suspend the Sokoto State governor, Dr. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko, from the party.

Akpabio, who earlier stated that no decision was taken on Amaechi’s case because of the subsisting court action, revealed PDP governorswere working on an out-of-court settlement to facilitate soft-landing for the beleaguered Amaechi.

He said; “The reconciliation among the governors is already ongoing. If you noticed yesterday, (Thursday) we have almost all the governors of the PDP there. You saw almost every governor was there, even the recently recalled governor of Sokoto State attended the meeting. So, almost all the PDP governors were there. If there was any PDP governor that wasn’t there yesterday, he was probably on official duty for the Federal Government, and for the nation, because I know that the governor of Benue State, Mr. Suswam is a member of the NIPP Committee, running around, looking for investors in the power sector and I think they travelled to Hong Kong. So, he wasn’t there and I think his deputy was there too.

“So, you can see that peace is gradually returning to the fold of the entire PDP and I assure you that all issues will be resolved and because a journalist asked me the other day that, yes, you have recalled the governor of Sokoto State through the National Working Committee, what about the governor of Rivers State and I pointed out that the governor of Sokoto State didn’t go to court and that the other matters concerning my brother, the governor of Rivers State is in court and was therefore subjudice.

“But we are exploring all means to ensure out-of-court settlement and to bring back everybody to the fold. It is important to note that we are very determined in the PDPGF to bring back our brothers together.”
Governor Akpabio further told newsmen that aschairman of the PDPGF, he was determined to ensure genuine reconciliation, as division within its ranks was inimical to the party success at the coming general elections.

“The intention of our Forum isn’t to lose a single governor; instead, we want to increase in the number, because when I came in as a governor in 2007, we had almost 29 governors in the PDP, but through various court judgments and internal wrangling, the number depleted until we are now about 23. So, under this new Forum, we are very determined to increase the number and I can tell you we are lucky that we have elections coming up in November in Anambra State. We have two elections coming up in Osun and Ekiti states next year and the PDP is ready to work together, put its house in order and go out there and face the electorate and you know very well that outside internal wranglings, Nigerians believe in the PDP.”

Delta State governor, Dr. Emanuel Uduaghan also corroborated the stance of Governor Akpabio that certain governors worked round the clock to ensure reprieve for the Sokoto State governor.

“As PDPGF, between us, we are doing a lot of reconciliation; you would have noticed that even the coming back of Wamakko had a lot ofinput from us. We had to appeal to the leadership of the party that the suspension should be reversed and the party graciously agreed to that. So, whatever is left we are handling it at that level,” he stated.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/pdp-will-soon-recall-amaechi-gov-akpabio/
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by EkoIle1: 6:04am On Jun 22, 2013
kk

15 Likes

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by ckkris: 6:25am On Jun 22, 2013
Fee Dee Fee
Fawa to za Feefle.
Ah,
is Oluwadurotimi no longer following the Asiwaju Trillionaire of Lagos, the Jagbagun successor to the reverred political throne of Egbe Omo Oduduwa?

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Ngwakwe: 8:41am On Jun 22, 2013
The PDP Politicians and their scripts have been acted, played and made available for sale.

The Opposition took them serious, the media fooled themselves, while the Nigerian masses were engaged and equally entertained.

Next Script.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by nairaman66(m): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2013
I would regard Amechi as an He-Goat thesame as GEJ if he backpedals and accept a truce so easily.. C'mon, Amechi has swam against the tide for so long now GEJ wants a truce? I say fuccck GEJ and let the PDP go down swinging! grin
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by ZUBY77(m): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2013
Akpabio is forming big boy now

We know Amechi is bigger than him

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 22, 2013
Eko Ile: kk

Funny. He's a trainee president, learning on the job.
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Nnamdini(m): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2013
Its so funny how dis tin has been over politicised.if you dnt recall him now,he may join another party den after d election he wil return to d PDP.isnt dat d trend in dis climes?
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by buchito1(m): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2013
Am fedup wth naija politcs isssshhh
Na tomoro spain match dey my mind oooo
i don bet my car oooooo.....GOD HELP ME OOOO cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by ichommy(m): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2013
Wetin be my own, if then like make den no recall him
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by dridowu: 10:04am On Jun 22, 2013
Amaechi , headache to PDP @ d moment
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by gregg2: 10:07am On Jun 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: The PDP Politicians and their scripts have been acted, played and made available for sale.

The Opposition took them serious, the media fooled themselves, while the Nigerian masses were engaged and equally entertained.

Next Script.

And the president can atleast have his way with the NGF and Northern Govs Forum now polarised. That is politics.
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Ufeolorun(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: The PDP Politicians and their scripts have been acted, played and made available for sale.

The Opposition took them serious, the media fooled themselves, while the Nigerian masses were engaged and equally entertained.[quote]

The only "script" I see here is your infantile attempt at twisting the obvious,a sane interpretation of things would reflect loads of naive political-gatecrashers and a shockingly incapacitated 'leader' being checkmated so early in the game.These sad clowns are retracing their steps as it's becoming obvious the circus tent they refer to as a political party is about to crash down on them.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by nairaman66(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2013
buchito1: Am fedup wth naija politcs isssshhh
i don bet my car oooooo.....GOD HELP ME OOOO cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Hope you nor bet your house.. Because your car don go ooO!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by gajike: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2013
after reconciliation who will be d ngf chairman.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by 80million1: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2013
okay
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by rozayx5(m): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2013
Nigerian Politics, Of the blind by the blind and for the blind undecided

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Owodiong(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2013
ok
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by alaoeri: 10:16am On Jun 22, 2013
Amaechi is obviously winning the war, after the reconciliation where 'll Jang, Mimiko & Co hide face? Lesson learn Always trend diplomatically.
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by gregg2: 10:18am On Jun 22, 2013
gajike: after reconciliation who will be d ngf chairman.

Jang definitely. Jang is NGF chairman and he has called four meetings already.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Proxytalk: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2013
This is indeed people deceiving poeple but unfortunately we dont have choice

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by kingthreat(m): 10:20am On Jun 22, 2013
Please let the dog-eating traitor keep his PDP affairs off our coast. If he was humilated like Amaechi, would he want to come back?
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 22, 2013
After he has been tactically stripped by taking the PDP machinery in his state from him effectively rendering him useless....

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2013
Whatever!
Last Bullet: 1 truth is that PDP has not done much since 1999. Take states like Ogun (2003-2011), Oyo (2003-2011). Their Govs during that time especially Ogun didn't make good use of his 2 terms in office. They gave the opposition parties more reasons to rejoice in their misery.
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by fyneguy: 10:28am On Jun 22, 2013
buchito1: Am fedup wth naija politcs isssshhh

With BRT, you wont miss your jalopy car
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Deco007: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2013
If Amechi leaves pdp the repacution wil be great in the South-South dat why they must do al they can to win him back...People Decieve People!!! Failure ahead.
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by esn1(f): 10:33am On Jun 22, 2013
So much drama in Nigerian politics. How come I'm not seeing any likes in any of the comments? Issorai
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Urine: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2013
gregg2:

Jang definitely. Jang is NGF chairman and he has called four meetings already.

OMG! Didn't you see the video? How can a person with 16 votes defeat another one with 19 votes? Calling four meetings now makes a looser the winner? What is really happening in this country? Has a chemical weapon that reduces people's IQ been released? Your folks have laboured to give you a decent education, please make them proud.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by papaejima1: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2013
gajike: after reconciliation who will be d ngf chairman.
they will become co-chairmen grin
Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by gunuvi(m): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2013
Amaechi 3 - Gej 0

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Soon Recall Amaechi – Akpabio by Ngwakwe: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2013
The problem with your type (I too Know) is you always cry more than the bereaved.

Don't allow over zealousness and youthful exuberance lead you to early grave.

The Politicians we have in Nigeria are not worth dying for neither do they have principle nor integrity but are rather selfish personified.

The unfortunate thing about these games is that they are most times scripted in the underworld making the gullible and the ignorants - the more you look the less you see.

Ufeolorun: The only "script" I see here is your
infantile attempt at twisting the obvious,a
sane interpretation of things would reflect
loads of naive political-gatecrashers and a
shockingly incapacitated 'leader' being
checkmated so early in the game.These
sad clowns are retracing their steps as it's
becoming obvious the circus tent they
refer to as a political party is about to
crash down on them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Must Push For Referendum Before 2019 - Annkio Briggs / Thomas-Wilson Ikubese Joins Alliance For New Nigeria (ANN) / HURIWA Condemns Buhari’s Silence On Kaduna Airport, Rail Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.