Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar (44890 Views)

Linda Ikeji Is A Homewrecker, She Broke Up Dbanj & Bella Naija - Kemi Olunloyo / Girl From Ogun Wins A Date With Iyanya (photo) / Gov Uduaghan And Chris Ngige Dancing Kukere With Iyanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Bonaguy(m): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-QGwVKbLt4DQ/UcWZPzmiyaI/AAAAAAAALoM/uJC2hRRY9JM/s400/iyanya+yvonne.jpeg[/img]

Late last year, rumour started that Ghanaian actress/model, Yvonne Nelson, was dating Nigerian singer, Kukere master, Iyanya, and broke up with him because he cheated on her with Nollywood colleague, Tonto Dikeh.

Yvonne never said a word since the rumour. She only wrote on her twitter handler "Thought you were the one but I guess all you wanted was to date an actress...There you go, enjoy dating the 2nd actress... movedon player *wink".

However, during an interview with Bella Naija, the beautiful actress admitted dating Iyanya and breaking up with him! calling Iyanya a LIAR.

The interview:

Sometime last year, you were quite emotional on Twitter when you supposedly broke up with a Nigerian music star. That incident has been shrouded with lots of cover-ups. Could you tell me what really happened?
I think it’s time my fans get to know the whole truth so I’m going to let it all out. I dated one person here, he’s in the industry. There were too many lies in the relationship. I found out a whole lot of things and I just felt like he took advantage of me.

Why did you go on Twitter to express your emotions?
I’m human, I’m not like a robot or anything. I just wanted the whole world to know what I was going through and I just wanted them to know that I was done with the relationship.

Did you actually break up with him on Twitter?
I didn’t break up on Twitter. I just tweeted how I was feeling that very moment.

I had an interview with Iyanya shortly after that Twitter rant and his words were “She didn’t mention my name so I don’t know anything about it. I’ve never told anyone that I was dating anybody.” Aren’t we talking about the same person here?
He would say that because he was wrong. His team is also trying to protect his fan base and I don’t blame him for denying anything. It’s him and his career, that’s OK.

How long did the two of you date and how would you describe the relationship?
We dated for 7 to 8 months. We had something and I thought it was special, like he was a wonderful guy but it was all lies. He had other girls and other things he was doing. Aside the actress that was in the picture, there were a lot more. That is how bad it is. We were in a relationship and he lied throughout and he was able to do all those things because I wasn’t living in Nigeria. But aside from the distance, I feel if you’re a genuine person and you’re loyal, you would still not do that.

Is this actress you’re talking about actually Tonto Dikeh?
I feel it’s disrespectful to start mentioning other people’s names. I am talking about Iyanya because we had a thing, I don’t want to bring in a third person. There were a lot of names that people know. There was a girl from South Africa, I’m not going to mention names but she was part of Big Brother Africa last year.

Most people only got to know that you and Iyanya were dating after you broke up. Were you deliberately being secretive about it?
I also don’t believe in putting my relationships in the faces of people. We both had our careers and were trying to protect our fan base and that’s cool. But if you go through my Instagram page, you’d see a couple of pictures of us together. I wasn’t shy about anything but he could not say he’s dating Yvonne Nelson because he had different people he was seeing so it was very hard for him to bring it out.

What did the experience teach you?
There are some things that you don’t get to learn in school; people can’t advice you, you won’t even listen. You just have to experience it to learn. I have no regrets that I went through it, it would have happened anyway. We are all human beings. We fall in love once in a while but if it doesn’t work out, that’s OK.

Have you moved on since then?
I have! It happened last year but I’ve moved on. I’ve been working hard, been producing movies. I still listen to his music, I love his album. I love the Track 1 with MI and I love, ‘I Got It’. He is a very talented guy, I always have goose bumps on my body when he sings.

Aside from the music, what else was the attraction?
You can’t really explain when you love somebody. It’s everything. It was just something that I felt and I can’t explain. It was love, I really really loved him and he knows that.

How do you feel about him now and what message would you like to pass on to him if you had the chance?
Iyanya is such an amazing person but I just feel he needs to be more honest and be a man of his words. It’s not good if he takes advantage of women. My Mum always says any man who takes advantage of women won’t end up well. It’s Karma, it’s going to come back to you. He should treat women fairly and he should be an honest person. It’s been a while though, I haven’t seen him. He is doing amazing things in his career and I wish him luck.

http://www.gistmetro.com/2013/06/i-broke-up-with-iyanya-because-hes-liar.html
Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Lordave: 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2013
If Yvonne is looking for a saint, let her try Jim.

14 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2013
Ghana must....... fill in the blank space

17 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
Sad.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Rooneyboy(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2013
"we had a thing, we had a thing" .

What is the special thing they had abeg

Highest na fvck, she open leg kukere master chop kpomo clean mouth, why is she now bitter

Abi d fvck no sweet am

59 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Rooneyboy(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
blink182: Sad.

what's making u sad

Abi did kukere master kill anybody

5 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by bellaberry: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
Eyah, seems Iyanya really dealt with her oh....but come to think of it, why will you be dating someone that shouts it from the roof top that all he wants is your waist? undecided

62 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2013
Bonaguy:

Is this actress you’re talking about actually Tonto Dikeh?
I feel it’s disrespectful to start mentioning other people’s names. I am talking about Iyanya because we had a thing, I don’t want to bring in a third person. There were a lot of names that people know. There was a girl from South Africa, I’m not going to mention names but she was part of Big Brother Africa last year.

Barbz was the only South African girl in BBA last year. So is she referring to Barbz or what? undecided

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Popowaa: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
Yvonne shd move on.she denied one celebrity guy in ghana and the law of karma has visited her.Some women deserve whatever they get.they treat the good guys like trash and when they are treated like trash in return they cry foul.Yvonne make we hear better word.mitchweee.

26 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
you say iyanya is a lianya. sad didnt you notice that rhym be4 you open legs yakata? meanwhile, why are you telling us this after he signed 60million naira mtn contract. ole buruku shocked

12 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by nitlad: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2013
Dafuq is this hoë going on about? undecided

Niggä shägged you and he still wanna shäg other whorës, so why you wanna spoil his market by getting him hooked bïtch?

6 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by bebechuks: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2013
Jim is just the idle guy for her I must say too.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
Yea,i see no biggie about ladies shouting all guys are liars,as if they are saint.

Abeg oga iyanya no mind her jare,na una two enjoy unaself while it last.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Adamskuty(m): 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
lucenzo: Ghana must..goooooo..... fill in the blank space
grin

3 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Adamskuty(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
ItsModella:
Barbz was the only South African girl in BBA last year. So is she referring to Barbz or what? undecided
yeah barbz,he did kukere in btn barb legs too

6 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
As if he didn't warn her that all he wanted was her waist. Abeg go front make Inyanya see road shagg other girls.

3 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by demelza: 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2013
I thought we were all past this. Inyanya is at his prime so expecting him to remain faithful with the myriad of girls throwing themselves at him was asking too much.

8 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Codedrock(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
Lol.. Thats funny.. What about tonto dikeh?
Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by ZN2: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
So Iyanya f.ucked this shawty afterall. I see. Good for him.
Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by chinnyonwu(m): 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2013
"He's amazing, great, talented etc..."
Anty Nelson pls is it including before he signed MTN's 60million naira contract?
Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by oshea44: 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
you broke up with Iyanya, cos his career was going down then and you know it, Now, the boy career is on point and forever stable, Now u love him die. Abeg, no be person be tu face wife? was she not there in Bad n Good? Women sha

10 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by uchechuwku: 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
Dat's the problem with girls. Always thinking a relationship is special cos the se.x was great.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
Aren't we all liars

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by ferdsmart(m): 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
Adamskuty: grin
Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by ferdsmart(m): 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
Adamskuty: grin
her pussy nids to be bleeped....consecutively

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by Bryancrox(m): 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
He be like say dey wan 2 tel us another story again oo,wetin una cor want we 2 do nw?
Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by ZN2: 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
njokusboy: Aren't we all liars

Speak for yourself, I ain't no liar. Ask the ladies. cool

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by centmichael101(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2013
Lordave: If Yvonne is looking for a saint, let her try Jim.
lol,
Re: Yvonne Nelson Broke-up With Iyanya Because He's A Liar by free2ryhme: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2013
STORY STORY ...STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Bello Is Pregnant With Twins? (Photos) / Wizkid Denies Being Billed To Perform At Opening Ceremony Of 2018 World Cup / Artiste, Weflo Working As A Bricklayer? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.