Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:31 AM

Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] (2210 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by bankyblue(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
It is no longer news that son of ‘holiness preacher’ and the General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor W.F Kumuyi walked down the aisle with his heartthrob over the week.

However, teeming followers of the respected former university don have condemned the classy wedding, which they tagged: Un-deeper-life-stic.

A close look at the weeding pictures of the couple posted online saw the bride donned in accessories that had been anathema to the ministry.

She was clad in a transparent fitted stylish short sleeves wedding gown, eyelashes, earrings makeup and wedding flower, which had never happened in the history of the ministry.

An angry follower of Kumuyi, after viewing the pictures commented, “People have refused to live their own life but rather attach it to an apron of hypocritical philosophy and man made doctrine. I exonerate the dynamic Senior Kumuyi,I think it is the people that have refused to change, I respect Kumuyi and his teachings but the people he is teaching are not learning, it is a pity, religion should embrace freedom, that is what the bible said. It only warned that you should not use your liberty for evil, or take the grace for granted.”

To another Emeka Jane, the development would lead to something else. She voiced her conviction thus, “I believe that with this, Deeper Life will metamorphose into something else. Those (some members) who have been looking for an opportunity like this to dress as they like, will cease this particular opportunity.

“And who says the lady is not a believer? Another John Edward querried, “Doing what pleases her without being condemned by God on a one in life time event, does that make her an unbeliever. One hymn says, ‘if heart condemns you not, you will have a glorious rest’ and please don’t indulge in sin by judging others, most especially servants of the most high, leave the judgment to God who created all of us.” He warned

1 Like

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by waledudu(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
Nice. She's beautiful. 1st to comment. Yipee

1 Like

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by Joagbaje(m): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2013
Appearance is personal choice. Well if this is true it should humble our deeper life brethren who erroneously condemned other christians for outward appearance ,hairdo , make up etc.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by Pygru: 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
Op where the controversy wey you talk
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by bankyblue(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2013
Pygru:
Op where the controversy wey you talk

See the different from the pix! Or can't u read and understand?
I wonder what is the level of ur education!

Every member of the church weds in the other pix by the right of
Ur screen. Compare it to the other one.
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by Pygru: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2013
bankyblue:

See the different from the pix! Or can't u read and understand?
I wonder what is the level of ur education!

Every member of the church weds in the other pix by the right of
Ur screen. Compare it to the other one.
*Primary school cefiticate!
*GCON- Grand Comedian of Nairaland!
*Efcc negative!
*Bsc false prophet chasing!

---------------------------------
so na difference in the pics na im dey cause controbersy
see wetin one of their member talk:
Image123:
Yes, the unmistakable point is that deeper life differs in administration from place to place, even in Nigeria. So also other churches.
1 Corinthians 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
Its normal as far as their core values remain true to the bible, and I'll be disappointed if outward appearance like wearing wedding gown is their core value. It appears to be the yardstick you and others are using to judge them. The fact and truth remains that other members have wedded that way in that region. A church is not a cult, each region has a certain level of autonomy, that is not contradiction.

Image123:
Sorry about your mum. i'm not saying or particular about whether one style of dressing or wedding is right or wrong. But the fact and truth is that it is not a first time thing in deeper life. i am a witness to a deeper life wedding where they wore something more extravagant, drummed, danced etc. It depends on location i think. Each administration has some freedom to what it permits or not. Its everywhere, its called organization/administration. The only issue i have is if/when someone takes it overboard by keeping it as God's law or above. Some choir use uniform, i think deeper in Lagos is pleated skirt. Some use color. These are not major issues except you them as major. Its devil that makes one to major on minor. These are not things that make a church different from another. There are bigger and core issues like faith, love, doctrine.

https://www.nairaland.com/1330381/pastor-kumuyis-son-ties-knot/10
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by bizmahn: 9:16am On Jun 23, 2013
I seriously doubt the reliability of those pictures when I checked the website they were extracted from in an earlier thread on this matter.Even if they were true,as can be possible it is easy to see that most children of reputed men of God refuse to follow the paths of their father.Most delve far into deep ungodliness & immorality far before marriage.So if Kumuyi's son & wife truely did as people claim then they didn't go too far as is normally the case for most kids from men of God.
Besides I heard on a good note from a deeper life member that Pastor Kumuyi was not in that wedding which might signify lack of support for that purported slight deviation.And I believe this because you don't see Kumuyi in any of the photos displayed so far throughout the different threads on this matter.
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by bizmahn: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2013
Pygru:
*Primary school cefiticate!
*GCON- Grand Comedian of Nairaland!
*Efcc negative!
*Bsc false prophet chasing!

---------------------------------
so na difference in the pics na im dey cause controbersy
see wetin one of their member talk:

Mr Pygru where have you been while the pepetrators of falsehood have been having a field day on this forum.Have you left fighting for the truth to become the Grand comedian?lol.Don't you know that when the righteous are silent unimaginable error will prevail.Don't you know many where following in admiration while you severally defeated the errors of several false teachers on this forum.Return back to your duty post.If the likes of frosbel are untiring in error why should you weary in reproving them.And now there are many more including one subtle poisonous okeyxyz of a person.You are wanted ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by DrummaBoy(m): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2013
To say that mode of dressing, as the bride in the pix wore, is not an issue to the deeper life church is to be hypocritical. A core doctrine of DLBC is mode of dressing. 'Holiness inside and out...' is a popular slogan. So there must certainly be a controversy as the children of the founder, Kumuyi, who taught his followers this doctrines, has a case to answer as to why his own children are not keeping the laws he has successfully imposed on other people's children.

That Image 123 quote is hypocritical at best bc they will condemn these actions in others but justify their own when they are guilty. like d thread here where they are justifying not wearing trousers

As early as the mid eighties deeper life had designed clothes for their women to wear. Why is she not wearing them?

So they are just realizing that what U wear don't matter? Well we refuse that line of argument. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. The DLBC should not change the rules in the middle of the game.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by bizmahn: 11:16am On Jun 23, 2013
Pastor Kumuyi doesn't hold members at gun point & insist they must obey him.He preaches the word with all his life & energy and leaves the members including his children to obey or not.In this case it appears his boy chose to go the other way albeit slightly but as is common, people are blowing it out of proportion as though he went too far.The girl has no heavy make up,no earrings & the gown is not transparent in other honest pictures in several threads.
And certainly Rev. Kumuyi has not changed the standards.His members decide.
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by DrummaBoy(m): 11:37am On Jun 23, 2013
^Bizmhan, its unfortunate U have taken up the job of being Kumuyi''s spokesman here but it will only clog up the matter. Those of U sympathetic to Kumuyi''s ministry should do what Olaadegbu did. Avoid this thread and keep shut bc that wedding brings to nought everything DLBC holds as doctrine.

Olaadegbu, the hell monger, comes here with videos after videos of people who go to hell wearing what that lady wore. What is the point? The wedding is leading everyone to hell!

That Kumuyi didn't attend his own son's wedding is a further indictment on him. Don't give me that 'he Just preach the word...' rubbish. The bible says a man that cannot control his home has no right leading the church, talkless of being GS.

The point I am making is that no one should say this is not an issue for controversy. IT IS! Bc that wedding shows that DLBC applies its rules selectively.

Moderator, Make this thread FRONT PAGE pls.

5 Likes

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by Pygru: 11:53am On Jun 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^Bizmhan, its unfortunate U have taken up the job of being Kumuyi''s spokesman here but it will only clog up the matter. Those of U sympathetic to Kumuyi''s ministry should do what Olaadegbu did. Avoid this thread and keep shut bc that wedding brings to nought everything DLBC holds as doctrine.

Olaadegbu, the hell monger, comes here with videos after videos of people who go to hell wearing what that lady wore. What is the point? The wedding is leading everyone to hell!

That Kumuyi didn't attend his own son's wedding is a further indictment on him. Don't give me that 'he Just preach the word...' rubbish. The bible says a man that cannot control his home has no right leading the church, talkless of being GS.

The point I am making is that no one should say this is not an issue for controversy. IT IS! Bc that wedding shows that DLBC applies its rules selectively.

Moderator, Make this thread FRONT PAGE pls.
It seems you are #jobless undecided
Oya go through this thread from page 1 to 10!
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
bizmahn: Pastor Kumuyi doesn't hold members at gun point & insist they must obey him.He preaches the word with all his life & energy and leaves the members including his children to obey or not.In this case it appears his boy chose to go the other way albeit slightly but as is common, people are blowing it out of proportion as though he went too far.The girl has no heavy make up,no earrings & the gown is not transparent in other honest pictures in several threads.
And certainly Rev. Kumuyi has not changed the standards.His members decide.

Who gave MAN the title of Reverend ? Are we to revere GOD or MAN.

See how you people have made gods unto yourselves to worship , just like Aron made a god for the Jews to worship after they had forsaken God in their hearts.

Leave MEN to defend themselves , your JOB is to defend the faith if at all you know what the faith is.

SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by DrummaBoy(m): 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
Pygru:
It seems you are #jobless undecided
Oya go through this thread from page 1 to 10!

So the father attended the wedding after all...' But Bizmhan was trying to make a case for the GS by saying he didn't approve of the lady's dressing and protested it by not attending.

So the more reason the senior Kumuyi should explain to us why one rule applies to some and does not apply to others?
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by Pygru: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
DrummaBoy:

So the father attended the wedding after all...' But Bizmhan was trying to make a case for the GS by saying he didn't approve of the lady's dressing and protested it by not attending.

So the more reason the senior Kumuyi should explain to us why one rule applies to some and does not apply to others?
why are you so fixated on DL
Them no owe you any explanation.
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by nifesi01(f): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
There is nothing wrong in the couple's dress,no earrings o,its d reflection of d veil dat look like earrings ,only that our leaders are enslaving us but pastor kumuyi want us free but still are pastors are not yielding that's y he's using action,maybe it will change the unchangeable pastors,the 22 doctrine of the church did not condemn any1
Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by honeychild(f): 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
nifesi01: There is nothing wrong in the couple's dress,no earrings o,its d reflection of d veil dat look like earrings ,only that our leaders are enslaving us but pastor kumuyi want us free but still are pastors are not yielding that's y he's using action,maybe it will change the unchangeable pastors,the 22 doctrine of the church did not condemn any1

so relaxed hair and makeup were never condemned In Deeper Life? Okay answer this please: is your hair relaxed?

2 Likes

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by honeychild(f): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
Pygru:
why are you so fixated on DL
Them no owe you any explanation.

Yes they do. All our lives they told us we were sinners and heading straight to hell for relaxing our hair and wearing makeup. In all my thirty-something years I have never seen a deeper life woman wear the slightest form of makeup (some don't even wear face powder). Do you think all those women who were forced to look miserable even on their wedding day would not have liked to look good?

Then oga at the top's son wants to get married, and suddenly relaxed hair and makeup is no longer a sin?

And they are allowed to get married in a DEEPER LIFE CHURCH with Kumuyi himself smiling his approval at it all?

Mt 23:4- They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger!...woe to you...HYPOCRITES!- Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
honeychild:

Yes they do. All our lives they told us we were sinners and heading straight to hell for relaxing our hair and wearing makeup. In all my thirty-something years I have never seen a deeper life woman wear the slightest form of makeup (some don't even wear face powder). Do you think all those women who were forced to look miserable even on their wedding day would not have liked to look good?

Then oga at the top's son wants to get married, and suddenly relaxed hair and makeup is no longer a sin?

And they are allowed to get married in a DEEPER LIFE CHURCH with Kumuyi himself smiling his approval at it all?

Mt 23:4- They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger!...woe to you...HYPOCRITES!- Jesus.

Well and perfectly said !

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by Pygru: 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
honeychild:

funkede1: As a friend of the couple, I can’t keep silent anymore. This is the actual picture of what the bride looked like. The rest have been lies to destroy the lives of the new couple and may you all be forgiven for the damage you caused the church of God and the new couple. As someone that attended the wedding, the pictures arousing such controversy looks nothing like the bride on her wedding day.

No white-looking makeup or blush
No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No relaxed hair (blow drier & flat iron can do that! by the way, her hair is that long)
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

You compare earlier pictures of a deeper life bride with a turban covered hair. In the Caribbean generally, the thick turban covering is associated with a satanic worship church. Can you imagine? No!! Ignorance is bliss. Is that what you want the new couple subjected to because of your lack of understanding? A joining that appears to be like under Satan because of hair covering as you understand it in your side of the world? God forbid!
If you want to accuse the bride of the gown, is it showing any body parts? I thought this was the idea of modesty. Let not thy unclothedness be discovered.. Love is also not John's lover/heartthrob/girlfriend or any other careless language, these two were brought together led of The Lord though from thousand of miles apart and I'm sure they went through the deeper life church marriage committee process from their countries.

I hope you feel guilty enough to stop all the lies and great damage you have caused a new couple trying to begin a life together hard school of marriage, and added to that has to live with scrutiny on a public scale, all influenced by lies and doctored images from the haters.. Let each man run their own Christian race, not with eye service or an envious mind.

Congrats to the new couple and may God soothe the irreparable damage caused by online social media
P.s there are so many other good things online about Love Odih, not just some fabricated and baseless scandal

Re: Controversy Trails Kumuyi’s Son’s ‘made In Heaven’ Wedding [PHOTOS] by bizmahn: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Mr, did you see kumuyi himself posing in any of the pictures.Besides you deliberately interpreted my words as facts when it was clear I was only making likely suppositions based on my understanding of deeper life church.In the case of Kumuyi I simply stated that I WAS TOLD BY A MEMBER.I already know where you belong & deliberately chose to ignore you.I'll not bother replying you after now cos I know you are just a drummerboy in error for your father frosbel.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Won't U Stop Worshiping A Metaphorical Son? / The 12 Apostles / I Saw Myself Unclad In A Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.