Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity - Entertainment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity (41546 Views)

Change Of Faith: Christainity Losess Popularity In The Uk, Islam Grows / Pls Vote For Faith Olawuyi ''a Young Talented Saxophonist" As Mr Nsa Lsmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by FILEBE(m): 1:28am On Jun 23, 2013
touching indeed! good to know that there is still some good human beings living on earth.
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by KOMBE: 1:41am On Jun 23, 2013
I HATE HOMOSEXUALS.
tweetobyte: I was surfing a site and came across these photos that actually got me thinking. I decided to share them here with you guys. Feed your eyes!!

1. This picture of Chicago Christians who showed up at a gay pride parade to apologize for homophobia in the Church.

… and the reaction from the parade.

2. This story about Japanese senior citizens who volunteered to tackle the nuclear crisis at Fukushima power station so that young people wouldn’t have to subject themselves to radiation.

3. This picture of two Norwegian guys rescuing a sheep from the ocean.

4. This sign at an awesome bookshop.

5. This poll about what Snooki should name her child.

6. The moment in which this Ohio athlete stopped to help an injured competitor across the finish line during a track meet.

7. This exchange between a 3-year-old girl and a shopping center.

8. This note that was handed to a waiter along with a $20 bill by an elderly lady in his restaurant.

9. This sign at an awesome Subway restaurant.

10. This picture of a villager carrying stranded kittens to dry land during floods in Cuttack City, India.

11. This sign at an awesome drycleaner’s.

12. This photograph of a man giving his shoes to a homeless girl in Rio de Janeiro.

13. This picture of a firefighter administering oxygen to a cat rescued from a house fire.

14. And this one.

15. This interaction between a Guatemalan girl and a tourist she just met.

16. This gesture from a neighbor.

17. These photos of two children collaborating to rescue a dog who had fallen into a ravine.

18. This note on a young family’s check.

19. This exchange between a protester and a soldier during a protest in Brazil.

20. These pictures of a man jumping into rough waters to rescue a stranger’s Shih Tzu in Melbourne.

21. And this photograph of two best friends on a swing.

Source: http://fb-troublemakers.com/21-pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity-11595/
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by linearity: 1:54am On Jun 23, 2013
50calibre: Very touching pictures, except for the first one. Church goers pledging support for homosexuality is a sign that God has forsaken them.

Jesus dine and wine with sinners, no where in the Bible did Jesus denigrated sinners...he was even more fierce with the religious church going Pharisees....to the religious pious Pharisees which is represented today by the church goes, He said 'woe unto you....' To the sinners He said..'these go into the kingdom of a God...for the first shall e the last and the last shall be the first.

God does not and has not written anyone off.

4 Likes

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by dont8(m): 1:55am On Jun 23, 2013
God bless them all.
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 23, 2013
cry cry cry cry

*Blows nose profusely*.
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Egbagirl(f): 2:00am On Jun 23, 2013
KOMBE: I HATE HOMOSEXUALS.

Bet my broda why you come quote the whole post now? E no good

4 Likes

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by waldigit: 2:15am On Jun 23, 2013
There in no greater love than a man who gave his life for his "friends". All laws are fulfilled in LOVE. God is love. John 3:16 for God so LOVE the world, that He gave His only beggotten son, that whosoever believes shall not perish, but have everlasting live.
Our natural man wants to love but he finds difficult especially in the area of its weakness. The only hope for humanity is in JESUS who can baptise us with Holy Spirit who will help our infirmities and weakness. I tell you our momentary tendency to love is far outweighed by our numerous tendency to hate as a natural man. In that state we can only love conditionally, but the supreme power to love without condition even in area of our individual weaknesses can only came supernaturally from Holy Spirit. Shalom

1 Like

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by waldigit: 2:28am On Jun 23, 2013
Some people are not thieves but if they lose their slippers to thieves, they take other person's slippers and justify it on the ground that they are only retaliating. Love your enemy and pray for those who curse you is a supreme and perfect love which can only be invoked by holy spirit as demonstrated by the lord Jesus even on the cross of calvary. Shalom.
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by james1(m): 2:44am On Jun 23, 2013
these pictures speak volumes......nice one poster.
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by flexshop(m): 2:51am On Jun 23, 2013
Egba girl:

They were apologizing not supporting gay marriages. God calls His followers to teach the truth in LOVE not hate, discriminate and slander others. Christians should not condemn people after all according to the Bible, all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. Every son is equal in Gods eye, none is greater or less save for the sin against the Holy Spirit. I do not support gat marriages but I should not condemn those who claim and choose to be gay. There's a difference between condemning the act and the person.

Anyway, @ topic... I had tears in my eyes while reading this. I'm always so close to giving up on humanity, it's crazy! But things like this remind me that there is still hope smiley. Each and everyone of us is not beyond any of these acts. We just need to search within. Thank you for sharing. You just made my day.

Nonsense, my bible told me that jesus christ drove people buying and selling out of the house of God and overturned their tables.by your analogy I should hate the act but embrace the person as if the ACT grew on a tree.Rubbish. The bible is against homosexuality,even God himself rained down fire and brimstone to destroy sodom and gomorrah. I hardly go to church but I'm even more christian than most church goers. Yuck
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 23, 2013
MzHolly: most of these cannot restore any faith as far as am concerned...saving sheep..what if u get drowned? mtcheew
EXACTLY
MAYBE THEY WANTED TO EAT THE SHEEP
MAYBE THE GUY WHO GAVE THE GIRL HIS SHOES IS A PERV HOPING TO GET A QUICKIE IN RETURN
& WTF HAS SNOOOKI GOT TO DO WIT THIS ?

1 Like

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by ToluFel(m): 2:57am On Jun 23, 2013
Love vaunted not itself, It's kind ,beareth all things , endureth all things . Sooo touching except no 1
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Turbocharged: 3:08am On Jun 23, 2013
MzHolly: most of these cannot restore any faith as far as am concerned...saving sheep..what if u get drowned? mtcheew

The messages are not for ppl like u.
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 3:09am On Jun 23, 2013
Personally speaking, I don't find much of those things touching; I do witness better love in Nigeria than those posted, but, no, blacks are myopic to see such love among their brothers and sister. The OP even went to the extent of posting folks supporting gay pride as love but would go to an extent to denounce polygamy, another typical negro. We only see love through the image of foreigner.

And for those thinking that saving a sheep warrants love, sure, only if the innocent animal won't be killed later for meat. A shepherd would do anything to maximize his/her profit, even abandoning other sheep to look for a tiny missing one.

1 Like

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by delors(m): 3:37am On Jun 23, 2013
Faith in humanity restored! smiley

4 Likes

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 23, 2013
hope northerners will view this thread
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 23, 2013
shangtsung147: [/b]LIKE WHO GIVES A FVCK....NONSENSE,GET A JOB OP[b]

You shouldn't have commented if you had nothing reasonable to post. And who says I don't have a REAL job? People like you are heartless and have no human emotions.

1 Like

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 23, 2013
Really cool. My favorite is the dog owner. Eww @ the gay one.

16. This gesture from a neighbor

I can bet with one of my balls that this is what Mohamed got in reply... No thanks Mr. Mohammed, we'd passsss.

1 Like

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Egbagirl(f): 6:04am On Jun 23, 2013
flexshop:

Nonsense, my bible told me that jesus christ drove people buying and selling out of the house of God and overturned their tables.by your analogy I should hate the act but embrace the person as if the ACT grew on a tree.Rubbish. The bible is against homosexuality,even God himself rained down fire and brimstone to destroy sodom and gomorrah. I hardly go to church but I'm even more christian than most church goers. Yuck

When Jesus kicked those guys out , it's because they were disrespecting Gods house and had turned it to a business center instead of a house of prayer. I'm not saying that the church should encourage homosexuality but don't discriminate against homosexuals. We need to stop this holier than thou attitude. The bible is also against lying stealing fornication etc yet many Christians engage in these acts. Yet in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Not all church goers are Christians, we all know that. Not everyone that call Him Lord will enter the kingdom of God.
And in response to your last statement, "Let anyone who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall"

3 Likes

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by claremont(m): 6:18am On Jun 23, 2013
My faith in humanity has never been lost, and even if it were lost, I strongly believe it will take more than just a few pictures of people saving cats and dogs from a flood to restore it. In my opinion, a genuine humane gesture was that performed by a black man by the name of Charles Ramsey in the American state of Ohio.

"The man who famously put aside his Big Mac to help rescue three women trapped in Ariel Castro’s Cleveland home for 10 years said he's not endorsing a group of restaurants that are offering him free burgers for life and wants his name kept out of it. Ramsey was called a hero after helping Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight break out of Ariel Castro's house May 6"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2330944/Ohio-kidnap-hero-Charles-Ramsey-DOESNT-want-free-burgers-fro-life-offered-14-restaurants.html#ixzz2X0uMM4Wj

2 Likes

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by TheMan3: 6:36am On Jun 23, 2013
Me!! Enter river!!! Risk my sweet life!!!! To rescue SHEEP!!!! If you die watin u go tell God?
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 23, 2013
Caracta: *sobs*

I'm touched. I'm really touched! cry cry

*sniffs*

Thanks for sharing OP. Did you see the pic of the little boy and the cat? And the woman whose pet was rescued by a stranger? Why can't we all love one another and live in peace?

*sobs louder* cry cry

Honey, stop crying...
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by novicali: 6:55am On Jun 23, 2013
Egba girl:

When Jesus kicked those guys out , it's because they were disrespecting Gods house and had turned it to a business center instead of a house of prayer. I'm not saying that the church should encourage homosexuality but don't discriminate against homosexuals. We need to stop this holier than thou attitude. The bible is also against lying stealing fornication etc yet many Christians engage in these acts. Yet in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Not all church goers are Christians, we all know that. Not everyone that call Him Lord will enter the kingdom of God.
And in response to your last statement, "Let anyone who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall"
Egba girl:

Egba girl:
The homosexuals can come to Church in order for them to listen to sermons that reflects the sound doctrines of Christ and got repented from their ways, The homosexuals should be loved by Christians, and the only way to love a homosexual is to love him or her with the love of Christ by giving him or her the right gospel and nurture him or her in the faith to grow out of the habit of homosexualism. However, giving homosexuals position or ordaining them into positions in the Church is as wrong as ordaining a liar, a fornicator, an armed robber,and every other things the Bible condemned in the Church.

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by novicali: 7:04am On Jun 23, 2013
What Is The Gain Of All These Tussling? (From the page of "What is your take on this?"

There are lots of things that are still beyond the scope of man's knowledge and there are lots man knows about but are still incomprehensible to him. No man can say for sure that he was aware of the period his mother conceived him, one cannot give account of things that happened during the period one was crawling around, looking miserable and sometimes helpless. During these period, life is actually real, but real in abstract, because it is not possible to grasp anything that happened, life in that stage is better described as life in the dream.
At a point in time, one starts acquainting oneself with the realities of life by acknowledging the material and physical existence of things around oneself. Therefore, one cannot help but ask the all vital question of "How come this world or who brought it into existence? Well, notwithstanding, the truth remains that every human being that has existed and they that are existing now and also, those that will exist in the future have a common unique destiny. On the day a child is born, that child starts his or her journey towards the completion of this destiny, though the time of arrival differs for each and every individual; but everyone will someday, sometime get there. This destiny is unavoidable, because the principle of beginning and ending must take its course.
This destiny ends the course of man on this planet earth, and in a little while all his activities will be remembered no more, whatever he must have achieved or established will be trampled upon or discarded. In retrospect of his journey to this unique destiny, he must have tussled a lot to be one thing or the other, and along the line, he must have achieved that on the detriment of others, by crushing, bulling, eliminating people and by any means or device available.
So, what is the essence of these horrific crimes against fellow men? Since such individuals will someday give up their ghosts, and leave everything behind. If we can come to terms with this reality, the need for war, brutality, and every vile and vices against fellow men will not be at all.
We came into this world with nothing, we will leave thing world with nothing, and worse still, there is a day of reckoning which one cannot avert beware!
We will appreciate it if you will click the like button on this page.

1 Like

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 23, 2013
[quote author=novicali][/quote]

And based on the logic behind your reasoning, Jesus should had preached sermon to the traders to nurture them instead of throwing away their goods and driving them away.
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Salmoneus(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2013
[size=14pt]HERE IS MY TAKE ON SOME PICS[/size][size=14pt]WHAT YOU CALL A RESCUE THIS INDIAN CALLS DINNER!! grin
[/size]
tweetobyte:
10. This picture of a villager carrying stranded kittens to dry land during floods in Cuttack City, India.

Source: http://fb-troublemakers.com/21-pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity-11595/

[size=14pt]AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS THIS CREEPY? WITH ALL THESE SICK PEDOS AROUND[/size]

tweetobyte:

15. This interaction between a Guatemalan girl and a tourist she just met.

[size=14pt]AND HOW DOES THIS RESTORE FAITH IN HUMANITY? ISN'T IT SAD THAT PAPER FROM TREES IS BEING WASTED ON SUCH FRIVOLITIES? COULDN'T THE KID HAVE SENT AN EMAIL INSTEAD? SAVE THE EURF!![/size]

tweetobyte:
7. This exchange between a 3-year-old girl and a shopping center.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by 76Naira(m): 7:26am On Jun 23, 2013
firstolalekan:

[size=18pt]
One BAD EGG!
Nonsense angry
I HATE Homos. angry
[/size]

This is exactly how they felt but saw it wasn't necessary.
I don't welcome the idea but I can still try to accept them as humans and will never hate them.
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:37am On Jun 23, 2013
[size=16pt]BAN CHRISTIANITY AND DIRTY MAN WORSHIP!

RESTORE FAITH IN HUMANITY

I HATE CHRISTIANITY!

BY THE GODS, I WANT TO TAKE AN AXE AND DESTROY ALL THE FAKE IDOLS OF jESUS!
[/size]
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by adexsimply(m): 7:39am On Jun 23, 2013
Really love these smiley smiley cry cry cry

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:40am On Jun 23, 2013
Salmoneus:
[size=14pt]HERE IS MY TAKE ON SOME PICS[/size][size=14pt]WHAT YOU CALL A RESCUE THIS INDIAN CALLS DINNER!! grin
[/size]

[size=14pt]AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS THIS CREEPY? WITH ALL THESE SICK PEDOS AROUND[/size]

[size=14pt]AND HOW DOES THIS RESTORE FAITH IN HUMANITY? ISN'T IT SAD THAT PAPER FROM TREES IS BEING WASTED ON SUCH FRIVOLITIES? COULDN'T THE KID HAVE SENT AN EMAIL INSTEAD? SAVE THE EURF!![/size]

umm Indians don't eat meat.

the 2nd ones a bit creepy yes.

the 3rd ones fine. there something wrong with your head. in the past we used to send letters/ and btw dont you use paper in school. you are an id.iot.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by toluernanes: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2013
Well,I wouldn't say i'm surprised by most of the replies i'm seeing on this thread anyways.

That said, I do find those pics heartwarming!
Re: 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity by Ochek: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2013
SELFWORTH:

....AND they have forsaken God.

But God still love them (WWJD = WHAT WILL JESUS DO?)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Talent Auditions And Casting Calls - Announcements & Invitations / Photo Of The Day: The "Holy Hug" / If U Get This Riddle, That Means Ur IQ Is Off D Hook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.