Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (720796 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Chicent(m): 3:32am On Mar 26, 2018
Enjoy the read.... It's sure worth it. U won't regret it

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2018
Wonderful story, so informative, educative and full of suspense.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by iomoge2(f): 4:33am On Mar 27, 2018
ZUBY77:
Chapter 12.

''Hi baby girl, having a nice time'' I said. They both scrambled back into their cloths.
'' You dont respect people's privacy'' Emmanuel shouted. His accent was Swahili; Kenyan, Ugandan or Rwandese.

I threw the flower in my hand down at their feet and turned back. Tears were already flooding my eyes, I didn't want her to see me cry. She didn't deserve my tears anymore. I was supposed to be her Hero and not a weeping boy.

a

This brought tears to my eyes....
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by okpurukata(f): 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
This is my best thread on Nairaland so far. I believe there is some fiction in it though. However it ended badly. Why Zuby suddenly decided to focus on making money from the story I don't know.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Freeopod(m): 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
Quite an interesting story, I enjoyed it while it lasted The writer balanced the truth and the made up stories well. I doubt if any sane person will believe this story is 100 percent real. Cheers to all future readers
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ghettochild4u(m): 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
okpurukata:
This is my best thread on Nairaland so far. I believe there is some fiction in it though. However it ended badly. Why Zuby suddenly decided to focus on making money from the story I don't know.
People advised him to
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Benjamin4388(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
have read this story of zubby twice over..stil cant believe it..EPIC
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by pedrilo: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2018
Where have i been all dis years?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by femora007(m): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2018
Benjamin4388:
have read this story of zubby twice over..stil cant believe it..EPIC
how did u get password for those protected chapters?

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Thane(m): 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
Confirm umu Otu . Oga Zuby I have learnt a lot from this story. I stumbled on it last week and I have read from page 1 to finish . I am happy that you rep our Onitsha street credibility. I will be traveling to USA this year ending and I have resolved to start thinking hard,fast and encompassing as Ozoigbondu Berlin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by iomoge2(f): 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
@zuby77.
Pls how do o access the protected sites.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
iomoge2:
@zuby77.
Pls how do o access the protected sites.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by iomoge2(f): 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
ZUBY77:

Whatsap...

Thanks.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by musa234(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2018
Zubby I tried messaging you on your Nigerian whatsapp numb, but you wouldn't reply me, for over 24hours now, not fair at all.. Or do you give preferential treatments?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:34am On Apr 13, 2018
I dont use that much. But send another r message, i will see
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by musa234(m): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2018
ZUBY77:
I dont use that much. But send another r message, i will see
which number should I message you on, since you barely use the Nigerian number
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
musa234:
which number should I message you on, since you barely use the Nigerian number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by runsgirl: 9:16am On Apr 16, 2018
ZUBY77:

Zubby77,

How do Nigerians in UK without Naija bank accounts pay to get the access codes?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:53pm On Apr 16, 2018
runsgirl:

Zubby77,

How do Nigerians in UK without Naija bank accounts pay to get the access codes?

You mean you dont have friends in Naija?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Roycemadeit(m): 8:44am On Jun 21, 2018
I got no choice but to re-read globalruns again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Xfactor22: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
ZUBY77:

Pls check your mail Sir
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Xfactor22: 4:17am On Jun 23, 2018
So I have been reading this thread for the past 3 days none stop & I can't seem to do without it.

Nice story @ Sir Zuby77

I'm just happy that I was not here when he started the story cause anxiety would have finished me.

Please try & check your mail @ Sir Zuby77

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Xfactor22: 2:34am On Jun 28, 2018
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Chuksonyeike: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
beautiful story
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Holyman3(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2018
Chuksonyeike:
beautiful story

Very. The best on nairaland
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by rickleye: 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
ZUBY77:
Chapter 101

'

''It was only a fool who spits out sugar that had been put into his or her mouth''

How about a diabetic ?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Itsky: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
[quote author=ZUBY77 post=17906965]Chapter 94

The next day was Sunday. I told Zainab that I was going to Church.
My cousin asked if I was going to Church immediately but I told him that I wasn't going directly.
ogbeni, you are damn good. I love how you say them-your conquest. thanks for writing sir zubby
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by AJECKING(m): 9:57am On Apr 10, 2019
genius!... aku
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Knowseek: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
Although I am reading this story 6 years later which makes it even sweater cause I was able to read it all at onces

Firstly. This write up derserves an Oscar or Grammy or whatever most prestigious award they give for writing. It was well articulated, detailed and addictive. I spend most of the past 48 hours abandoning other things in my life.

Even my eyes is hurting and am only at page 79.

This should be made into a movie or series. If it not published it should be published. It very realisitc and creative. It captured the audience non stop, addictive like hard drug till at least the 79 page I got to now.

This is the best write up I ever read in my life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Depressed101: 12:55am On Apr 07, 2020
ZUBY77:
CHAPTER 30: WHITE KAROLINA

I turned around and saw John bighead emerging from the bush.

Awiti, who had not seen or known who John was, just stood there and stared at the guy coming out from the bush while I thought how best to handle the situation.

'' I think you have a mental problem'' I said to him in Igbo language.

The idea was to drag the issue away from Awiti as much I could. I was beginning to like her so much.
But the mischief maker insisted on speaking pidgin English.
''Na your papa get mental problem'' he said while maintaining a considerable distance between us.
I took Awiti's hand and started walking out of the park. It was a ten minute-walk to the Camp. John followed us behind, talking about what he would have done to me if the environment was different.

We got to the camp without fight, so I decided not to do anything about it.

Around 8pm, I saw Awiti off to the female hostel. When I got back, I went to Mike and told him what happened with John in the park.
He advised me to let it go since we will soon be posted out of the Camp.
Mike in the other hand, had approached Agnes for a date. I didin't know what she said to him but since I had not seen them together, I figured out Agnes was tired of Nigerians and their ways.

People were being posted out of camp on daily basis while new campers were being admitted. Some of the people I knew had been posted out. I would go to the Notice board every morning to check on my name but I knew that it would take atleastrological two weeks after my interview.
Awiti's Interview came a week before my departure. We had rehearsed her own story over and over again. She was a Somali in camp since there was no crisis in Kenya.

One evening, I went outside camp alone and met a white lady. She was a Polish girl who had come to look for work in Germany. Karolina was her name. She understood German and very little English but enough to communicate with me. I had just finished buying beer from the spar and was on my way back to camp when I saw her coming towards me. She was young and I couldn't tell her age. We were warned to stay away from girls who were not up to 18 years. fvcking a girl below 17 was a one way ticket to prison, so we were careful about that until Karolina showed up.
It was Karolina who greeted me first as we met, I stopped her and we got chatting. She told me she lived alone in a street in the middle of the town. She asked about Africa and I told her the much I remembered. To my greatest surprise, she thought Africa was just a country. She had never heard of Nigeria or Ghana except some cities like Libya and Ethiopia and Egypt.
Since she was not in a hurry, I invited her to join me in my beer. We strolled eastward towards Cottbus, an Area I was sure Awiti would never venture into. We got to a large concrete bench on the floor and sat there.
August was ending, and a new strange season was descending on that part of Germany. There was breeze and the leaves were falling out of the trees in quantum.
It was a beautiful atmosphere as we sat on the slab while cool breeze brushed past us in a romantic way. After a can of beer each, our discussion changed from Africa to private matters.
She was 18 years according to her but had already separated with three boyfriends.
Two of the boyfriends was from Warsaw in Poland while the last one was a German.
In my own part, I have had only one girlfriend my whole life but when the bomb landed in our town in Cameroun, everybody got scattered and separated and I had managed to found myself in Germany while I knew nothing about her.

When the darkness descended, we fell in a temporal love and started kissing. Her teeth was banded by some kind of wires. She explained to me that it was going to fall out when she was 15 and the doctors had binded them together. Too much chocolate was to blame.
After over three hours with Karolina, I told her that I was going back to Camp. She offered to see me off but I declined. I didn't want to run into Awiti, so I told her to go. She invited me to her apartment the next day and I accepted.
On my way back to the camp, I expected John to pop out of nowhere but I didn't see him. I was disappointed because I wanted him to see that I had gone white.

When I got back to the camp, I didn't look for Awiti. She was surprised when she came to the prayer center and found me singing. I had always gone to take her with me to the prayer house but that evening, I had gone alone. She stared at me through the 30 minute prayer session and when it was over, she walked up to me and demanded for explanations. I had not forgotten to call her, I told her that I was running late and that it was my turn to sing the praises that day.

The following day after lunch, I sneaked out of camp again. I went to the point where I had been with Karolina the previous day. We had agreed to meet there that afternoon and proceed to her apartment. I took two cans of beer along with me. I spent over an hour sitting there alone with my beer until I got tired of waiting. I was considering going back to the camp when she showed up with her bicycle. She asked how long I had been waiting and I lied that I had been there for hours.
We trekked to her house while she moved the bike on the ground.
It was a neatly decorated one room apartment. We sat on the long sofa and talked about Poland and Germany. According to her, the Area we were which was Eisenhuttenstadt with the neighbouring cities such as Cotbuss, Frankfurt oder and many more had belonged to Poland but it was Adolf Hitler who had captured the lands from Poland during the war.
I wasn't interested in the history but I played along.
When she felt that I had become hungry, she offered to give me food and I accepted. I sat there waiting for hot Rice with fat chicken legs but to my disappointment, she came out with some brown bread and a cup of butter. I smiled and thanked her as if it was what I was looking forward to. I ate two slices of the diet bread and declared myself satisfied.

When I finished eating, she asked a question that changed everything.

'' have you ever had sexxx'' she had asked.
I nodded in affirmative and asked why she wanted to know.
She said nothing.
She asked me to bring out my Joystick for her to see.
*what kind of weird girl was that*

I was alarmed but I knew that i could over-power her if anything strange was to happen.
I asked why she wanted to see my Joystick. She had heard that African Joysticks were bigger than the whites and she wanted to know.
I pulled down my trousers and brought out my already rising Joystick.

*All the girls who had seen my Joystick since the turn of the millennium nearly two years before that day had also felt it inside their honey pots.
Karolina Maniecka was not going to be be an exception*
right here,i knew was just another fantasy writer with good (not good enough afterall,) imagination. First of all the age of consent in germany is 14 not 17, secondly no german/poland lady will kiss you randomly , because they dont get intimate until they are sure you/them have feelings for each other.Thirdly karolina is a poor choice for a polish name,try katrina

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Depressed101: 8:09pm On Apr 07, 2020
ZUBY77:
Chapter 11

A little less than an hour after leaving Port Harcourt, I found my self in the large dirty town of Aba.
I had stopped at a shop near the Port Harcourt road junction to buy a can of Hydraulic. I had noticed a slight difference on my anti-clock breaking system (ABS) on my way out of Port Harcourt. A warning light had shown on the dash.
A bus full of Rangers FC of Enugu supporters club had driven past me. It only meant that there was a football match between Rangers and an Aba based team.
I decided to follow them to find out.

I entered the Port Harcourt road Aba and chased after the bus. There was a lot of hold up and as a result, I lost the bus.
I called a commercial Bike man and asked him where the football stadium was located.
He asked me to follow him. The movement was extremely slow which prompted the Bike man to demand that I pay him N400.
''No problem'' I had assured him.

We drove down the Port Harcourt road and diverted right to the Ngwa Road. We drove for minutes and got past Ahia Ohuru market, then we cornered left to the Dan Fodio road.
The Enyimba International Stadium was built on our left. I packed my car in front of the stadium and paid the Bike man off.

I had heard that Aba was a dangerous town. As a result, I opened the boot of my car and disconnected the battery head of my car (My car battery was at the boot, even until today). I locked the boot and walked to the stadium gate where a lady demanded that I pay N100 for a ticket to enter.
N100, how could a football team survive with such ridiculous prize? I was paying €15 to €20 to watch Hertha Bsc Berlin play in olympic stadium. That if changed to Naira was close to N4000. The different was very large.

The players of Enugu Rangers were warming up for a match. The score board at the far end of the stadium indicated that Enyimba FC Aba was going to Play Rangers FC Enugu. The score was still 0:0 according to the score board.

I walked down to an area where the Rangers supporters had already organized themselves and started singing. The trumpet and drums boomed around the stadium as they sang in support of their dear team.

'' Nani Otu Rangers bu Ihe anyi nwere, Nani Otu Rangers bu Ihe anyi nwere. Eehhhh aga m abulu ya abu, Eehhhh aga m abulu ya abu, eeh Eeh Eeh aga m abulu ya abu, Nani otu Rangers bu Ihe anyi nwere'' The song roared through the crowed.

It was so nice to hear those native songs once more. I abandoned myself to the song and shouted with them as if I was one of them.
The song reminded of those days when I used to go to Oba Rojenny stadium to watch Rangers play Jasper united FC.

At exactly 3pm, the game started.
why do i have a feeling that this incredible writer is NwaAmaikpe
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Depressed101: 12:19am On Apr 09, 2020
ZUBY77:
Chapter 91

The next morning, my brother called from Onitsha. he had done some background investigations on Daisy and her family. Unfortunately they belonged to the Outcast clan ( Osu).

The news shook me to my bone. I couldn't believe it initially but the news gradually sank down into my thick skull.
According to him, Daisy and her parents had not even returned to the village for years. The negative stigma of that unfortunate culture had taken them far away from Igboland and they were not ready to step their toes on their land again.

Outcast ( Osu):
I had heard about Osu right from when I was a kid. It had caused a lot of troubles in my own town. The problem with it was that if you marry from an Osu family, the entire town would regard you as one. You would be excommunicated and treated differently from the rest. If you host a ceremony such as burial or marriage, the rest of the town would not attend. Your parents would be removed from the village groups and meetings. If you kill a cow, nobody would come to get a share of meat. During the Ani Festivals such as Ikeji, Ifejioku, Ani Obodo and the rest, you would not participate with the rest of the community. It was the worst culture that I had seen in Igboland.
Rumour had it that the Osu people were those who had been dedicated to Oracles and those who had been captured as war hostages.
The problems caused by the Osu stigma were endless in Igboland.
Numerous prominent men had tried to stop it in Igboland but unfortunately, people still practiced it.

Back in Germany, I had boasted that I would not care if I married Osu or not but as soon as the news of Daisy and her people being from Osu group was announced to me, I became helpless.

I knew that I could disregard the the problems and marry Daisy but if my parents, my extended family and most of my friends refused to attend my marriage because of it, I had no name for how I could feel.

After the news from my brother, I laid back on the bed and closed my eyes. My mind wondered to what I would tell Daisy. The poor little angel had high hopes on me, she had believed that I was hers already. She may not have even knew about the Osu thing.
After an hour of thinking, I landed nowhere. I came up empty, something I rarely did.

I got up and opened my fridge, my whiskey were running down but I still had a bottle of JW and Elliot.
I opened the JW and drank from the bottle. It felt good.
The entire apartment had became small for me, I wanted to go out.

I went to the bathroom and took my bath
as I staggered down the stairs and out of the building, I saw Issa unpacking his goods inside his small security room. I turned and walked back upstairs. The phone I had collected from him sat on top of the fridge. I picked it up and switched it on. Madam's number was still there. I deleted it and walked back downstairs.

''here is your phone'' I said as I stretched my hand towards Issa.

''Do you know why the landlord sacked you''. I asked. He said nothing.

''Next time, if madam ask you to tell her anything about me, don't do it'' I said as he took the phone from me.

'' I've never been able to relate to many people. I've always been the outcast child. I don't follow the rules. That's kind of how I do everything. Through my life stories, I've found a place on nairaland where I'm accepted, so I'm happy"

..... And so shall you be, my Daisy, with or without me.
i knew it

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.