Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano (8166 Views)

Immigration Arresting Nigeriens In Kano To Be Deported? / UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners / Immigration Arrests 87 Nigeriens In Bauchi On Polling Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2013
The Kano State Comptroller, Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Alhaji Hamisu Maishanu, has said that the state command has arrested over 400 illegal immigrants in the metropolis, just as he said that the service was set to repatriate 150 Nigeriens in the state.
Disclosing this on Saturday in Kano, the Comptroller said all those arrested would bescreened.
He, however, added that about 150 Nigeriens to be repatriated to Niger Republic had been screened.
According to him, anyone found without relevant documents would be repatriated tohis/her country with immediate effect.
Maishanu said the exercise, which would be a continuous one in line with the new leadership of the service under the Mr David Parradang, would flush out illegal immigrants from the country.
He stated further that “this is a mop up exercise of illegal immigrants to complement the efforts of the federal government to restore peace in the some parts of the north.”
“We will take the photographs and biometric data of all those arrested, so that we can identify them when they return into the country”. Maishanu said.
Source Nigerian Tribune
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:33am On Jun 23, 2013
Serve them right(commander in chief 1)

1 Like

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by maximunimpact(m): 10:33am On Jun 23, 2013
Noted, next pls
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by bebe2(f): 10:36am On Jun 23, 2013
cheesy cheesy illegal Immigrant in Naija , I beg make them open door for everybody, wetin dey there wey them dey protect? As long as dem no be terrorist, let it be free for all
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Expensive72(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2013
This is actually depleting the population figure the north keep using against south

1 Like

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by lonelydora: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2013
good for them
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2013
Dnt repatriate dem now,first find out and investigate if dey newly recruited members of d BH.By so doing,we can know their mission in Kano and most especially in d North @ dis crucial point in time.
Bottom line:dey are suspects.
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by trustdanalhaji(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2013
Now you're talking.
If you can see other countries they are not doing that, is only Nigeria our immigration are not doing they work means to sort out those who come to Nigeria illegally.
After that I want Nigerian immigration to make new systems like to implement Identification document for doe who are coming to our country
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 23, 2013
bebe2: cheesy cheesy illegal Immigrant in Naija , I beg make them open door for everybody, wetin dey there wey them dey protect? As long as dem no be terrorist, let it be free for all
ode, oponu... Read what you posted, just read it again, and loud

4 Likes

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by fitzmayowa: 10:54am On Jun 23, 2013
Operation flush illegals out

2 Likes

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Lakayanah: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2013
Serves them right in the north we are suppose to one Nigeria but they prefer to give available jobs to foreigners especially Lebanese. Now the Lebanese are using them to practice their hunting skills.

3 Likes

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2013
As far as them no send them back with Chartered jet no wahala
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 23, 2013
Honestly,I didn't understand the passage very well. 150 Nigerians in the state is point I'm really struggling to grasp. No insult o. Abeg make una break am for me
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2013
Ogar.monday:
As far as them no send them back with Chartered jet no wahala
And what if?
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Perkins007: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2013
Good for them.
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2013
maximunimpact: Noted, next pls
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by curtain: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2013
bebe2: cheesy cheesy illegal Immigrant in Naija , I beg make them open door for everybody, wetin dey there wey them dey protect? As long as dem no be terrorist, let it be free for all
which of the door are u talking about and who are the every body, its like u are speaking from experience.
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by curtain: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2013
chidindufrank: Honestly,I didn't understand the passage very well. 150 Nigerians in the state is point I'm really struggling to grasp. No insult o. Abeg make una break am for me
nigeriens not nigerians

3 Likes

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Lakayanah: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2013
chidindufrank: Honestly,I didn't understand the passage very well. 150 Nigerians in the state is point I'm really struggling to grasp. No insult o. Abeg make una break am for me
What is there not to understand 150 people from Niger Republic are to be thrown back to their country.

1 Like

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by 360command: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2013
These Nigeriens has been causing palava in some west african countries. I guess na their time be this.
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by gunpoint(m): 11:31am On Jun 23, 2013
Front page again! Men na Jehovah dey do am oh! Meanwhile if I'm togolese and I comment on dis tread, wil I be found and deportd too? undecided
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Naledi14(f): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2013
Hmmmmm if it was south africa doing this they would be shouting xenophobia from thr roof tops... Double standards of nigerians never ceases to amaze me.

2 Likes

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 23, 2013
Lakayanah: What is there not to understand 150 people from Niger Republic are to be thrown back to their country.
Thanks bro. I got the gist now.
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2013
curtain: nigeriens not nigerians
thanks. Never knew Niger citizens are referred to as nigeriens

1 Like

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by usibengate(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
bebe2:illegal Immigrant in Naija, I beg make them open door for everybody, wetin dey there wey them dey protect? As long as dem no be terrorist, let it be freefor all... This shows d level of ur foolishness and cowardice u are. YOU no what keep allowin evrybody in there n equally share it 4 free. spread it wide open 4 illegal immigrant. Prostit2t like u lookin 4 illegal immigrant 2 petronise u... orue
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Lakayanah: 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2013
chidindufrank: Thanks bro. I got the gist now.
Pls its not bro how do people come to the conclusion that a writer is a man or a women. Or is it that women should be seen and not heard?

1 Like

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Expensive72(m): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
Lakayanah: Pls its not bro how do people come to the conclusion that a writer is a man or a women. Or is it that women should be seen and not heard?
Go to ur profile & fill in ur gender then u Wii be addressed the way u want

2 Likes

Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
grin
Lakayanah: Pls its not bro how do people come to the conclusion that a writer is a man or a women. Or is it that women should be seen and not heard?
lol, I'm so sorry mam.
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Lakayanah: 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
Expensive72: Go to ur profile & fill in ur gender then u Wii be addressed the way u want
When you are not sure of one's gender you just don't assume that it must be a man and if you do what does that make you a male........ if you put chauvinist na you sabi.
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by Lakayanah: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
chidindufrank: grin lol, I'm so sorry mam.
it's ok. No big deal. Have a glorious day.
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by everyday: 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
Its very good,we need to start monitoring our borders
Re: NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano by HAH: 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2013
From Niger to Kano is trekkable I don't know how they intent to stop Nigeriens from entering Nigeria(kano) furthermore this people share the same ancestors only separated by colonialist. They are cousins by extension

So it will very difficult to stop people from Niger in kano infact it is easier to send igbos away than the Nigeriens.

All I see here are propaganda by the Nigerian immigrations service.

Labatan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

O'Brien And Groffen In IDP Camp In Borno State. Photos / Lack Of Funds Stalls Re-opening Of 31 Ex-govs’ Cases / Saraki Doctored His Radio Interview On N10m Donation – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.