Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

My Horrible Experience In Fiji island - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience In Fiji island (14957 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Andrew3(m): 9:58am On Jun 23, 2013
This is meant to serve as a warning to anyone planning on a vacation trip to Fiji Island.
I decided to spend my 2 month vacation somewhere adventurous and guess what? I asked my travel
Agent to arrange a trip to this much talked about Island. First I must state that Fiji
has so many Indians or Indian like people with selfish and archaic behavior. angry

After spending so much with much stress, I ended up disappointed. My phones developed legs
and vanished from my hotel room. (Raffles Gateway hotel at Nadi) angry My purse got snatch
while I was walking out late night with all my credit cards and id cards in it. angry
I spend 5 days in a hospital as a result of food poisoning. angry (my long throat though)

The original Fijians are friendly people except for the Indians who are rude and rapacious. angry
The lugubrious aspect of it was my last money picked from my pocket in a local bureau de change
around the beach.

I want to warn anyone travelling to Fiji to be like conscious of these facts;
Never keep late night.
Don't expect to buy anything on Sundays.
Never expect to get help from anyone.
Don't taste any food you see.
Do not depend on credit card use. angry angry angry
Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Vicjustice: 10:18am On Jun 23, 2013
::Andrew:::
This is meant to serve as a warning to anyone planning on a vacation trip to Fiji Ireland.
I decided to spend my 2 month vacation somewhere adventurous and guess what? I asked my travel
Agent to arrange a trip to this much talked about Ireland. First I must state that Fiji
has so many Indians or Indian like people with selfish and archaic behavior. angry

After spending so much with much stress, I ended up disappointed. My phones developed legs
and vanished from my hotel room. (Raffles Gateway hotel at Nadi) angry My purse got snatch
while I was walking out late night with all my credit cards and id cards in it. angry
I spend 5 days in a hospital as a result of food poisoning. angry (my long throat though)

The original Fijians are friendly people except for the Indians who are rude and rapacious. angry
The lugubrious aspect of it was my last money picked from my pocket in a local bureau de change
around the beach.

I want to warn anyone travelling to Fiji to be like conscious of these facts;
Never keep late night.
Don't expect to buy anything on Sundays.
Never expect to get help from anyone.
Don't taste any food you see.
Do not depend on credit card use. angry angry angry
It is regrettable that you had to pass through all these. But how could all these bad things happen to you alone, are you so careless as to be this vulnerable to all sort of every misfortune?
By the way, what has the Republic Of Ireland got to do with Fiji?

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2013
Vicjustice:
It is regrettable that you had to pass through all these. But how could all these bad things happen to you alone, are you so careless as to be this vulnerable to all sort of every misfortune?
I think he meant Fiji I'S'land.
Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Andrew3(m): 10:40am On Jun 23, 2013
Vicjustice:

I meant Fiji Ireland. And yes carelessness is my other name. angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by texaco1: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2013

i like ur style

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by overdrive(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2013

Fiji island or fiji Ireland,I hv never heard of fiji Ireland so edit ur post when ur anger cools. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Andrew3(m): 11:05am On Jun 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
overdrive:
Fiji island or fiji Ireland,I hv never heard of fiji Ireland so edit ur post when ur anger cools. grin

the guy is so careless that he doesnt know how to spell ISLAND....anyway, this is just the story of someone very careless, who thought that he could act in Fiji differently than how he acts in 9ja.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by overdrive(m): 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

the guy is so careless that he doesnt know how to spell ISLAND....anyway, this is just the story of someone very careless, who thought that he could act in Fiji differently than how he acts in 9ja.
D guy never talk wetin carry am go there,it could be d case of d hunter becoming d hunted. tongue how could all these calamities have befallen one naija ninja.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
^^^^ lol, i wonder what took him there at the first place.

@OP
2 months holiday in Fiji staying in a hotel?! your travel agent should be fired ON THE SPOT!!

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Andrew3(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ lol, i wonder what took him there at the first place.

@OP
2 months holiday in Fiji staying in a hotel?! your travel agent should be fired ON THE SPOT!!

hahaha I never intended spending my two months there. just wanted not to be in a haste to leave when am there, as
I was given 2 months in my office. You don't wanna know my similar experience in naija in the previous years.
I had actually thought it was a place I could move freely, claiming tourist grin and chasing every chase-able things. wink

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by adepojuot: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
sorry for what happened to you,how did get there,did you apply for a visa from 9ja or you got ur visa at thE point of entry,which flight took you there,did you apply for a transit visa or there is a direct flight frm 9ja to Fiji,how did country look like,I mean there economy,job,basic amenities e.t.c. How do Nigeria's stay there survive. en light us pls.
Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by dasparrow: 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2013
@Post

Sorry for the inconveniences you faced. This is why I am picky about where I travel to especially if it is on vacation. I always say it is a people who make a country and not the beautiful beaches, roads, houses etc. Before I head to any country, the first thing I always want to find out is how friendly are the people towards foreigners. If the country I am heading to is a non-black country, then I want to know how friendly the people are towards black foreigners because it will be very unfortunate to go a place, spend all that money and not enjoy the vacation. Next time, try and be more careful when selecting where to vacation. All the best!

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by Andrew3(m): 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
adepojuot: sorry for what happened to you,how did get there,did you apply for a visa from 9ja or you got ur visa at thE point of entry,which flight took you there,did you apply for a transit visa or there is a direct flight frm 9ja to Fiji,how did country look like,I mean there economy,job,basic amenities e.t.c. How do Nigeria's stay there survive. en light us pls.

There is an air Fiji flight direct from Dublin Int. airport.
They seem to survive on tourism. The island is surrounded by
beaches that attract so much tourism.

yes I met my ibo brother there.
Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by robminds: 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
@OP,
unfortunate experience really and well shared, at least now we know if we go there and dont wana regret, we shouldn't keep late nights, always not keep our valuables carelessly, Do not taste foods anyhow then we are good.
My moral lesson from your post.
Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by esteeino13(f): 5:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
@op pls reply your pm.. thank u it is urgent
Re: My Horrible Experience In Fiji island by kadmat: 3:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
Kindly drop your number or WhatsApp me on 08140407988, making fiji trip by February 2020

(1) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Crashes Into A Bush At Ikorodu, Lagos (photos) / Airline Operators Suspend Shutdown Of Operations, Resume Flights / Top 5 Nigerian Destinations For The Wildlife Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.