Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding (2297 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by dotcomnamename: 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
More Photos at the bellow link.

It is no longer news that son of ‘holiness preacher’ and the General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor W.F Kumuyi walked down the aisle with his heartthrob over the week.

However, teeming followers of the respected former university don have condemned the classy wedding, which they tagged: Un-deeper-life-stic.

A close look at the weeding pictures of the couple posted online saw the bride donned in accessories that had been anathema to the ministry.

She was clad in a transparent fitted stylish short sleeves wedding gown, eyelashes, earrings makeup and wedding flower, which had never happened in the history of the ministry.

An angry follower of Kumuyi, after viewing the pictures commented, “People have refused to live their own life but rather attach it to an apron of hypocritical philosophy and man made doctrine. I exonerate the dynamic Senior Kumuyi,I think it is the people that have refused to change, I respect Kumuyi and his teachings but the people he is teaching are not learning, it is a pity, religion should embrace freedom, that is what the bible said. It only warned that you should not use your liberty for evil, or take the grace for granted.”

To another Emeka Jane, the development would lead to something else. She voiced her conviction thus, “I believe that with this, Deeper Life will metamorphose into something else. Those (some members) who have been looking for an opportunity like this to dress as they like, will cease this particular opportunity.

“And who says the lady is not a believer? Another John Edward querried, “Doing what pleases her without being condemned by God on a one in life time event, does that make her an unbeliever. One hymn says, ‘if heart condemns you not, you will have a glorious rest’ and please don’t indulge in sin by judging others, most especially servants of the most high, leave the judgment to God who created all of us.” He warned.

More Photos Here http://www.timmynaija.com/ranking.php?mode=blog&message_id=2395&row_template=blogs.tpl

Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by sureway1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
Be sure you are not under the lnfluence of alomo bitters...cos l saw no ear rings in those pics..

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by bolaino(m): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2013
Are these guys really against wearing of earings and makeup?
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by free2ryhme: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
i am sure seun if afraid to put this thread up on front page becos of repercussion grin
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by ManTiger(m): 11:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
The greatest disease is ignorance, followed by poverty. Many people are ignorant of the word of God while poverty made it easier for them to live in shackles of religion thus they live a lowly life. Many of these fault finders might not be as holy as the lady, afterall this is not a case of "Samson and Delilah"!

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by fr3do(m): 5:39am On Jun 24, 2013
All of u takin panadol for deeper life matter.
How did God react when the israelites built the golden calf from their jewelleries and other stuff?
Not wearing jewelleries is not bondage.giving in to pressure by society is,not dressing well is,not being clean is!
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by dridowu: 8:07am On Jun 24, 2013
Follow words of God not their behaviour
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by Vansnickers: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2013
bolaino: Are these guys really against wearing of earings and makeup?

They actually are. I respect Kumuyi, even though i don't believe in his God but his followers are Extremists. I remember in the 90s, the Deeper life people called "Television", the devil's box. You literally had to hide it, when it was time for house fellowship. Ignorance! Ignorance! Ignorance!
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by nifesi01(f): 8:45am On Jun 24, 2013
No earrings nw,What he's trying to say is do everything moderately,don't go extra miles all in d name of ceremony n watch your conscience,dressing like this is not a sin.
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by Rooneyboy(m): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2013
Church members , AKA Zombies.

Passive Ediots .
Its a pity they've chosen to worship man on earth.
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
His son might not be a member of his fathers church grin
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son’s Un-deeper-life-stic Wedding by Pygru: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
funkede1: As a friend of the couple, I can’t keep silent anymore. This is the actual picture of what the bride looked like. The rest have been lies to destroy the lives of the new couple and may you all be forgiven for the damage you caused the church of God and the new couple. As someone that attended the wedding, the pictures arousing such controversy looks nothing like the bride on her wedding day.

No white-looking makeup or blush
No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No relaxed hair (blow drier & flat iron can do that! by the way, her hair is that long)
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

You compare earlier pictures of a deeper life bride with a turban covered hair. In the Caribbean generally, the thick turban covering is associated with a satanic worship church. Can you imagine? No!! Ignorance is bliss. Is that what you want the new couple subjected to because of your lack of understanding? A joining that appears to be like under Satan because of hair covering as you understand it in your side of the world? God forbid!
If you want to accuse the bride of the gown, is it showing any body parts? I thought this was the idea of modesty. Let not thy unclothedness be discovered.. Love is also not John's lover/heartthrob/girlfriend or any other careless language, these two were brought together led of The Lord though from thousand of miles apart and I'm sure they went through the deeper life church marriage committee process from their countries.

I hope you feel guilty enough to stop all the lies and great damage you have caused a new couple trying to begin a life together hard school of marriage, and added to that has to live with scrutiny on a public scale, all influenced by lies and doctored images from the haters.. Let each man run their own Christian race, not with eye service or an envious mind.

Congrats to the new couple and may God soothe the irreparable damage caused by online social media
P.s there are so many other good things online about Love Odih, not just some fabricated and baseless scandal

https://www.nairaland.com/1330381/pastor-kumuyis-son-ties-knot/10

(1) (Reply)

Happy Reformation Day! / God Is Dead / A Question To The Atheists: Hardmirror,hahn,hopefullandlord Et Al

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.