Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Planned Massive Extortion By Traffic Enforcement Agencies In The United States - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Planned Massive Extortion By Traffic Enforcement Agencies In The United States (1254 Views)

Speed Limiters Enforcement: June 1 Remains Sacrosanct —FRSC / United States Versus Nigerian Presidential Car / Oppression & Extortion By Edo State Traffic Management Agency (EDSTMA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Planned Massive Extortion By Traffic Enforcement Agencies In The United States by Inova(m): 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
This was a message sent to my mailbox. I haven't confirmed it yet. Thought I'd share it though. Quite amazing how much can be realized from traffic offenses alone.
Pls note: I do not live in the USA. Never even traveled there before. Just sharing
THE  MESSAGE 
Starting July 28, 2013 New Jersey will launch a 30-days speeding ticket frenzy.  The state estimates that 9 millions dollars will be generated in speeding tickets.  One million will be used to pay State troopers over time.
There will be 50 State troopers on duty at all times patrolling,  the 9 main intersection and highways as follows: 
* 1-295 North and South 
* 1-95 Jersey Turnpike N/S
* 1-80 E/W
* 1-287 N/S
* 1-78 E/W
* 1-195 E/W
* 1-280E/W
* Route 130 N/S
,* Garden State Parkway. N/S

5 MPH above the limit can justify a ticket and every state troopers is supposed to pull. Car over and write every 10 - 20 minutes

They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria Cruisers and are bringing in all of their part-timers on full time. If you work in Nj, NY, DE or CT, you will probably be on one of three highways,  so , please be on guard and drive safely. 

Starting August 15, the price of a violation to show your driver's license,  registration or insurance card at the time you are stopped will increased from $44 to $173 (keep these documents in your car) and the fine not having all three documents is $519.

The fine for hand held phone use while driving will be going up to $180.

Please forward this to people in NJ or anyone using the NJ highways of this latest police initiative. 
Prince Aremu Fashanu
NJ
Re: Planned Massive Extortion By Traffic Enforcement Agencies In The United States by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
this is ridiculous!

(1) (Reply)

2005 To 2010 Used Car Best / Beware Of A So - Called Cotonou Car Agent , Henry Ekalo !!! / Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2000 GDI (ABS Light On After Changing The Car Hub).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.