Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

What Do You Eat With Yam? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Eat With Yam? (16335 Views)

How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? / Foods You Should Eat With The Peel On / What Can You Eat With N100? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by armyofone(m): 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
yeah, must also be that the specie grows better on the soil found in those area too.

i miss those yams. those are yam jare cheesy. just so sweet. like you deep the yam inside honey, taste out of this world.
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2011
i may have to travel to tivland to take a bite of that delicious yam. wink
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by baby4u2(f): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
You can get that yam anywhere brothers. Be selective in the market, I am from benue state, but I know that yam in sold in Lagos.
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
baby4u2,
the reason you can identify it is because your from there. for the rest of us who are not
indigenes of that area unless we travel there we won't be sure we're getting the real
thing.
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by armyofone(m): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
there is Tiv yam market in some state in nigeria, ask around. if you taste it eh, i no fit talk oooooo,
cheesy
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
Most times, i prefer eating my Yam with sauced Pumpkin #Ugwu Special#

To prepare the #Ugwu Special; all you need do is:
-Get your Frying Pan on the stove
-Pour a small quantity of vegetable oil
-Add chopped onions
-Allow to fry for few seconds
-Add your blended crayfish, chopped boiled meat, dried or roasted fish, ground pepper, Maggi et
-Allow to cook for 2minutes
-Add your vegetable #Pumpkin + Salt
-Cover the pot and allow to steam for about 2/3minutes and Stir content!
-Serve on.   .   .smiley
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by tpia5: 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2011
actually, i know the yam, and we got it locally when i ate it in nigeria, so i guess its found everywhere, just that you have to be able to tell the type, i suppose.
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by anshika: 8:32am On Sep 03, 2011
Hi friends i am sharing the Preparation Method of Yam Masala Curry Recipe

1)Cook yam in water along with turmeric powder, a little bit of salt and green chilly. Keep it aside.

2)Heat oil in a pan.

3)Fry the onions, till they turn golden brown.

4)Add tomatoes and a small pinch of salt.

5)In the mean time, grind the cloves and cinnamon bark to a fine powder and keep it aside.

6)Heat up another pan.

7)Add coconut, coriander seeds, red chillies and a pinch of turmeric powder.

coolStir continuously, till the smell of masala comes.

9)Allow it to cool.

10)Grind the same into a paste with some water taken from the vessel in which yam was cooked.

11)Take a larger vessel and add the cooked yam(with water), coconut mixture, onion-tomato mixture and the clove-cinnamon powder.

12)Add coriander leaves and salt and mix well.

13)Allow it to boil.

Cegonsoft
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 03, 2011
I take yam wt fried eggs mostly, I woudn't mind taking it wt fish stew nd I guess I'lld try preparing garden egg as sum1 xplained, Good Job girls
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2011
armyofone:

there is Tiv yam market in some state in nigeria, ask around. if you taste it eh, i no fit talk oooooo,
cheesy

i don't think that market is available here in wafi.
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by thweraja10: 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
Nigerians living in the UK, you can now get yams and Nigerian foods here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/search?type=product&q=Yam
Re: What Do You Eat With Yam? by thweraja10: 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
Are you a Nigerians living in the UK? you can now get yams and Nigerian foods here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/search?type=product&q=Yam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking / Kfc In Nigeria / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.