Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son's Wedding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son's Wedding (1701 Views)

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son's Wedding by ayooluwa2(m): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
It is no longer news that son
of ‘holiness preacher’ and
the General Superintendent
of Deeper Christian Life
Ministry, Pastor W.F
Kumuyi walked down the
aisle with his heartthrob
over the week.
However, teeming followers of
the respected former
university don have
condemned the classy
wedding, which they tagged:
Un-deeper-life-stic.
A close look at the weeding
pictures of the couple posted
online saw the bride donned in
accessories that had been
anathema to the ministry.
She was clad in a transparent
fitted stylish short sleeves
wedding gown, eyelashes,
earrings makeup and wedding
flower, which had never
happened in the history of the
ministry.
An angry follower of Kumuyi,
after viewing the pictures
commented, “People have
refused to live their own life
but rather attach it to an
apron of hypocritical
philosophy and man made
doctrine. I exonerate the
dynamic Senior Kumuyi,I think
it is the people that have
refused to change, I respect
Kumuyi and his teachings but
the people he is teaching are
not learning, it is a pity,
religion should embrace
freedom, that is what the bible
said. It only warned that you
should not use your liberty for
evil, or take the grace for
granted.”
To another Emeka Jane, the
development would lead to
something else. She voiced her
conviction thus, “I believe that
with this, Deeper Life will
metamorphose into something
else. Those (some members)
who have been looking for an
opportunity like this to dress
as they like, will cease this
particular opportunity.
“And who says the lady is not
a believer? Another John
Edward querried, “Doing what
pleases her without being
condemned by God on a one in
life time event, does that make
her an unbeliever. One hymn
says, ‘if heart condemns you
not, you will have a glorious
rest’ and please don’t indulge
in sin by judging others, most
especially servants of the most
high, leave the judgment to
God who created all of us.” He
warned.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/06/deeper-life-members-blast-kumuyi-over-sons-un-deeper-life-stic-wedding.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son's Wedding by usibengate(m): 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
Live ur life, let d bible guild u on d right part n try 2 overcom temptatns
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son's Wedding by Pygru: 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
funkede1: As a friend of the couple, I can’t keep silent anymore. This is the actual picture of what the bride looked like. The rest have been lies to destroy the lives of the new couple and may you all be forgiven for the damage you caused the church of God and the new couple. As someone that attended the wedding, the pictures arousing such controversy looks nothing like the bride on her wedding day.

No white-looking makeup or blush
No earring
No lipstick
No fake eye lash
No mascara
No relaxed hair (blow drier & flat iron can do that! by the way, her hair is that long)
No colored eyebrow
No eye shadow
No ring on finger

You compare earlier pictures of a deeper life bride with a turban covered hair. In the Caribbean generally, the thick turban covering is associated with a satanic worship church. Can you imagine? No!! Ignorance is bliss. Is that what you want the new couple subjected to because of your lack of understanding? A joining that appears to be like under Satan because of hair covering as you understand it in your side of the world? God forbid!
If you want to accuse the bride of the gown, is it showing any body parts? I thought this was the idea of modesty. Let not thy unclothedness be discovered.. Love is also not John's lover/heartthrob/girlfriend or any other careless language, these two were brought together led of The Lord though from thousand of miles apart and I'm sure they went through the deeper life church marriage committee process from their countries.

I hope you feel guilty enough to stop all the lies and great damage you have caused a new couple trying to begin a life together hard school of marriage, and added to that has to live with scrutiny on a public scale, all influenced by lies and doctored images from the haters.. Let each man run their own Christian race, not with eye service or an envious mind.

Congrats to the new couple and may God soothe the irreparable damage caused by online social media
P.s there are so many other good things online about Love Odih, not just some fabricated and baseless scandal
https://www.nairaland.com/1330381/pastor-kumuyis-son-ties-knot/10
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son's Wedding by kcmichael: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
God bless John and Love kumuyi,the Lord is ur strenght
Re: Deeper Life Members Blast Kumuyi Over Son's Wedding by teetee123: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
Stupidity of highest order. Where did they blast Pastor K. They commented with maturity. Simple

(1) (Reply)

Outdated. / Being In Heaven Can Be Compared With Being In Bed With The Woman You Love / Meet The Nairaland Prophet Of Doom With 6 Failed Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.