Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help (22117 Views)

Hospital Seeks The Public's Help In Identifying An Accident Victim (graphic Pics / Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina / Chinese Baby Born With 16 Toes (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by agentakins: 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
A newborn baby in China named Xiao Wei was born with a tail-like growth due to a medical condition called Spina Bifida.

Spina Bifida means his vertebrae didn’t grow properly. It is a disorder in which the spinal column is not fully closed and his spine is still growing.

Xiao Wei’s mother is crying for help and urging doctors to rescue her 7-month-old baby boy who currently has 3inches tail sticking out of his back.

Baby Wei Spina Bifida has developed into a condition called myelomeningocele in which his spinal cord protrudes to form a sac containing spinal matter.

According to his mother, Chen Wei, surgeons told her if the tail was removed, it will grow back again.

So the only solution to her son’s problem is to repair the spinal canal first to stop it from reoccurring in the future.

This is a very strange birth deformity.

All pregnant women must use proper prenatal multivitamins to prevent neural tube defects during pregnancy.

Materna is a typical prenatal multivitamin recommended for most pregnant women.

It is usually available over the counter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/mom-begs-doctors-baby-born-tail-article-1.1379266

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
Goodness gracious......what is happening to our genes?

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by rezzy: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Adufaye(m): 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
Na 2day?
Person FФЯ ma area get am
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by lifestyle1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
China!... I'm expecting a headless baby.. Fingers crossed sad

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Caracta(f): 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
China! China!! Chinko!!! Chei! See this cute baby. Which one is Spina Bifida again?

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by everyday: 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Please! let the doctors come to his rescue
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by sobaemma(m): 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Lord ve mercy
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Blackgold09(f): 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hmmmm Oh Blood of God

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Goodness gracious......what is happening to our genes?
you and who's gene angry

9 Likes

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Wendyslim(f): 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
Eyaaaa I feel for the small innocent boy ooooo. Pregnant women pls stop flushing ur b-complex in the toilet .

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:19pm On Jun 24, 2013
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by jammani(m): 10:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
Iru. Abi kileleyi? Haaa Aiye lata

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Expensive72(m): 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
cheesy The mother fine very well....
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by onitshaigbo(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
This is where euthanasia would be the humane thing to do.
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Dopefiend(m): 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Blood of God. They shud not give birth to dragon face one day oh. Na so one port come dis world with quran d other day.
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
this is what will happen to your baby if you mate with a chinese or non-African. beware of mixing.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by yuncka: 10:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
Its well. But dats less of a tail and more of a joystick.
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by buchito1(m): 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
Passing by...
#singing nsobgu di#
Whistling!
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
it looks like calabash... Extra ynash for d boi

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Willgates(m): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
Brb

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
sheyie2007: China!... I'm expecting a headless baby.. Fingers crossed sad
sheyie2007: China!... I'm expecting a headless baby.. Fingers crossed sad
Thats a normal birth defect. Its called anencephaly. The babies are born dead.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by omoadeleye(m): 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
bt wat is dat tin on d boy yanch
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by buchito1(m): 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
omoadeleye: bt wat is dat tin on d boy yanch
Bros dat tin is an under cover pant....
D child is feeling cold so she wear it 4 him!
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Opey4luv(m): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
Hmmm, Chinko things dey too get problem jawe, even their children.

I feel for the innocent kiddo though.
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
Y r u askin,can't u see her name
sheyie2007: you and who's gene angry
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by abduldope(m): 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
LIKE if u BLiv its SIGNS of END tYM

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by lawrenceunaa: 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
sorry and God help us. Diseases don ful dis earth praying 4 a successful surgery[i]
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by kennyonthrone(m): 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
I hate wat am seeing
Re: Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
One thing i hate about nairalanders is that when they hear of a certain illness for the first time, instead of using Google to find out what it means, they wouldn't! instead, they will start saying all sort of nonsense and making fun of such thing. SMFDH!! cry

I have seen kids who have Spina Bifida but it's not as serious as this. It can disrupt the nervous system of the child. of course we know what nervous system is all about. it can be treated surgically and it's not fatal. Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus can simultaneously occur in a child. Please no one should ask me what Hydrocephalus is. Just Google it!! angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FAAN Security Staff Land In Hospital After Custom Men Beat Them To Pulp (photos) / I'm Losing my eye Vision .. Eye Medical Professionals Help! / Penile Enlargement Solutiom That Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.