Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud (2838 Views)

400 Nigerians In Chinese Jails For Drug-Related Offences, Others- Ambassador / Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested / 18 Most Wanted Nigerians In The Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by Hotstepper(f): 1:11am On May 21, 2006
I a really ashamed watching how CNN showedhow Nigerians do fraud for hours,
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by Hero(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2006
You mean the whole program was totally focust on just Nigerians and how the group dose fraud?
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by Hotstepper(f): 2:27am On May 22, 2006
yes and how they are caught, sent to jail and got deported and they use another name 2 come back and change it again, infact, they showed it again 2day(sunday, may 21)
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by DaHitler(m): 2:28am On May 22, 2006
This is terrible. All the Nigerians I know in America are very hard working. The few bad apples are really overshadowing the vast majority of Nigerians living in America that are good.
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by Seun(m): 2:32am On May 22, 2006
Why can't every Nigerian abroad be a good ambassador, like Mrs Omokorede?
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by DaHitler(m): 2:43am On May 22, 2006
Hotstepper, do you know what type of fraud they were involved in?
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by Jakumo(m): 11:19am On May 22, 2006
In no particular order, the American FBI's data base on Nigerian criminals in the US lists the following areas of felonious endeavor under the fraud sub-heading.

1. Credit card fraud and identity theft. 

2.  Advance Fee 419 internet fraud and creation of fake bank or corporate websites to trick legitimate depositors.

3.  Social Security data falsification and the creation of multiple fake identities to collect free government benefits.

4.  Insurance Scams often featuring staged vehicle accidents and bogus medical claims.

5.  Forgery of ownership documents for rented or stolen vehicles which are resold or shipped to Nigeria.
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by chinani(f): 6:30pm On May 22, 2006
Texas, huh? You didn't see a pic of me did you? wink -j/k-
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by mochafella(m): 10:47pm On May 22, 2006
Afeni:

Hotstepper, do you know what type of fraud they were involved in?

Mostly id theft, the final targets being banks and large companies. Of the about four case-studies in the documentary only one was not Nigerian. It was painful to watch. I bow for those Houston residents amongst us. Make una take am softly, softly.
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by hotangel2(f): 12:09am On May 23, 2006
My dear, i WATCHED IT OO!!!

My bf called me said WATCH CNN, im like for what? He got mad and yelled WATCH CNN, i was like. okay oo, Ole to yen ni? cheesy cheesy Anyways i saw it.

And last night too on CNN PRESENTS, they were showing it.

Infact it was sad, really sad.
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by chinani(f): 12:15am On May 23, 2006
I missed it. Will it re-air?
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by gbengaijot(m): 9:25am On May 26, 2006
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by chinani(f): 1:51pm On May 26, 2006
Here in Houston the ENRON guys got convicted yesterday. Those guys - CFOs - ruined ppl's lives. sad It's very real down here.

Great post Gbengaijot!
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by gbengaijot(m): 1:56pm On May 26, 2006
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by OldGlory1(m): 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2006
Yeah

I watched that program "CNN PRESENTS" and these Nigerian Fraudsters really are just pathetic. The one guy had cash all over his home. All of them lived in Houston TX and they US marshall calls Houston TX the home of Bad checks /Credit card fraud in the entire USA. And there is a reason why Houston high in 419. There are a lot of Nigerians in Houston. I like that they will all serve Jail time and then be deported after their sentence. I hope the men get raped in Jail, and possible be infected with one or two STD's.

There was one Nigerian guy with glasses driving the White SUV, (By the way,He looked really Jacked up grin) on the show that said that "40% of all Nigerians in America are Fraudulent". In many ways i do not think it is far from the truth. I would put the number at 50%. It starts from getting papers fraudulently, then you go on and think we are smarter than the system that has caught and convicted the Mob, murderers,career criminals,Junk bonds traders, and many big time crooks. And now all we are achieving is creating new Homosexuals in our society. These people are caught and given long sentences in Jail and then turn fruity! And then deported back home as "Gay men".
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by Roscodaddy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2006
They keep singing about us Nigerians,what about the whites,they taught us how to defraud,do you know much of our money that was stolen here and taken there by the whites,why do we all think Switzerland refused to release the money stashed by Abacha,even in the mad America,I wonder why our fellow Nigerians will be quick to judge here,if a white man defrauds he is smart,if it a black man and Nigerian for that matter he is a 419,I am sick and tired of all these double standard,what about them using our people as guinea pigs to test their drugs,for how long will we continue in this deceit and blackman,what about the 50 million pounds that was stolen in UK,please enough is enough.

4 Likes

Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by OldGlory1(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2006
Rosco

It is Nigerians that stole and continue to steal our own money and keep them in Swiss,UK and US bank accounts. In the US government officials live with their salaries and a government job here in the US is an Honourable Job. The president donates most of his salary to charities, the Governor of California does not accept a salary, many secretaries say no to their salaries. But they do the Job because the want to "SERVE THE PEOPLE". In Nigeria it is stolen money first, and then you might remember you are paid a salary.
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by chinani(f): 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2006
I hear you Roscodaddy. wink

Old Glory:

I hope the men get raped in Jail, and possible be infected with one or two STD's.
Dude, it ain't that serious.

Old Glory:
There was one Nigerian guy with glasses driving the White SUV, (By the way,He looked really Jacked up grin) on the show that said that "40% of all Nigerians in America are Fraudulent". In many ways i do not think it is far from the truth. I would put the number at 50%.
That's bullshit mixed with kitty litter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by OldGlory1(m): 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2006
@Chinani

That was the word of a Nigerian that was in the scam. You did not watch it, i am the messenger. I am allowed to have my opinion right? Go back and read the transcript of the show from last two sunday's www.CNN.com
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by chinani(f): 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2006
Old Glory:

@Chinani

That was the word of a Nigerian that was in the scam. You did not watch it, i am the messenger. I am allowed to have my opinion right? Go back and read the transcript of the show from last two sunday's www.CNN.com
Yes & yes & yes. (but that was my opinoin)

1 Like

Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by muyete(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2006
The cnn had, in its documentary on june 10 and posted on its web site, dwelt on criminal activities of US- Based Nigerians, especially those living in Houston. It is disheartening that the documentary focused majorly on the Nigerian community in the US and by implication, all Nigerians. It is dissapointing that out of 10 persons prominently cited as being involved in the criminal ring, only 2 were non- Nigerians. To add salt to injury, a Nigerian ex-convict even testified that of all crimes committed in th US, 40% were committed by Nigerians.

I have gone through this myself and I also watch the documentary in question. I will totally disagree with the conclussion that most crimes committed in the US are committed by Nigerians. I am very sure the documentary was aimed at achieving a polital and diplomatic points.

If you remember, in recent times in the US, there has been a debate in the house to ameng and review the immigration laws. The govt is considering granting permanent status to a number of illegal immigrants of which Africans dominates the segment and invariably Nigerians having the largest numbers. This documentary is undoubtedly aimed at tanishing the image of Nigeria as a whole and jetisoning the chances of nigerians in this latest political developments in the US.
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by chinani(f): 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2006
Yes I sure there was NO American crime until the Nigerians arrived. wink
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by mochafella(m): 7:23pm On Jun 13, 2006
muyete:

To add salt to injury, a Nigerian ex-convict even testified that of all crimes committed in th US, 40% were committed by Nigerians.
If I remember correctly he said 40% of Nigerians in the US are involved in fraud, not 40% of crimes committed in the US. Either way it's his opinion and I think he is wrong, but you mistated what he said.

muyete:

The govt is considering granting permanent status to a number of illegal immigrants of which Africans dominates the segment and invariably Nigerians having the largest numbers.
Not quite, it seems to me the Hispanics particularly Mexicans dominate the illegal immigrant community. The Africans most certainly do not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by Drusilla(f): 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2006
Every child in America is being taught that Nigerians are Criminals right in school.

It's a ClassRoom Edition. This means that all schools in America get this program for free.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/05/15/cnnpce.identity.theft/

(CNN Student News) -- Set your VCR to record the CNN Presents Classroom Edition: Identity Theft: How to Rob a Bank when it airs commercial-free on Monday, July 10, 2006 from 4:00-- 5:00 a.m. ET on CNN. (A short feature begins at 4:00 a.m. and precedes the program.)

CNN even gave the teachers questions to ask the children questions after the program:

7. According to an FBI official who testified on Capitol Hill in 1998, what percentage of Houston's counterfeit checks could be traced back to Nigerian criminal enterprises? How do Houston's Nigerian leaders respond to this and similar charges? How do some explain Houston's Nigerian criminal activity as a reflection of the political climate in Nigeria?

8. Why and how do some Nigerians who are deported after committing crimes in the U.S. sneak back into the country? What, if anything, do you think should be done to rectify this situation?
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by muyete(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2006
If I remember correctly he said 40% of Nigerians in the US are involved in fraud, not 40% of crimes committed in the US. Either way it's his opinion and I think he is wrong, but you mistated what he said.[quote][/quote]

Yes you are right. I might have mis-stated what the guy said because I watched the late nite edition of the report grin grin grin .

What ever crimes Nigerians have committed in the US should be associated to these few individuals who were involved. When you generalise the behaviour of a few set of individuals in relation to the whole race then that becomes an issue. The report will only tannish the already marred image the country has been trying to wash clean.

The repetitive nature of the report is a clear indication that the US has an ulterior motives against Nigerians. I insist.
Has it ever occur to you that CNN or other foreign media will not showcase the good works and the contributions Nigerians have made to their economy and country as a whole.?

CNN and other foreign media should be very care in thier choice of report not only abot Nigeria but about africa at large.
Re: Cnn Showcase How Nigerians In Tx Do Fraud by davidif: 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hotstepper:
I a really ashamed watching how CNN showedhow Nigerians do fraud for hours,

It's pathetic really.

(1) (Reply)

Jesse Jackson Murdered Dr. Michael King, Jr And He Must Pay For It! / Woman And Her Child Burnt To Death/graphic pics / Babysitter In Trouble After Inserting A Baby In Her Vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.