Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,436 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Happy Birthday To Leo Messi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Happy Birthday To Leo Messi (2084 Views)

Leo Messi to receive the Golden Boot Today (Wednesday)! / Picture Of Leo Messi, Girlfriend And Baby Thiago! / Leo Messi Equals Own Record; Scoring In Ten Straight Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Leo Messi by joshmoy(m): 9:40am On Jun 24, 2013
Zlatan Ibrahimovic:
'' Ronaldo is a lucky guy. Always gets first row tickets to see Messi win his awards.''
Mario Balotelli:
“There's only one that is a little stronger than me — Messi. All the others are behind me.” Andrea Pirlo:
“I don't believe that I can win the Ballon d'Or — not while Lionel Messi is around.”
"I hope Maradona can forgive me, but I think Messi's goal is even better.” —Deco
"I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi.” —Diego Maradona
“Once he's on the run, Messi is unstoppable. He's the only player who can change direction at such a pace.” —Arsene Wenger
Alex Ferguson: “He's won the Ballon d'Or 4 years in a row, quite rightly because the goals he’s scoring is uncanny. He's only 25 — Christ!”
“What Leo does is so incredible that I have to be careful not to stand still watching him make his moves.” —Thierry Henry
Jürgen Klopp: “Cristiano Ronaldo is so fast, so strong, so incredible, but he has one problem — Leo Messi. Cristiano reminds me of... .German tennis player Michael Stich. He was destined to make history, but then Boris Becker showed up.”
Filippo Inzaghi (2006 FIFA World Cup Winner): “No one is born with the talent that Lionel Messi has.”
Antonio Conte: “The only way to stop Messi is with a gun.”
Luiz Felipe Scolari: “The only bad thing about Ronaldo's life is Messi.”
"Leo simply goes one way with his body and another with the ball. You have to either guess right or foul him.” —Gerard Piqué

Born on June 24, 1987, in Rosario,
Argentina, soccer player Lionel Messi
moved to Spain at the age of 13, after the FC
Barcelona club agreed to pay for hormone-
deficiency treatments. Messi became a star in
his new country, scoring at will while leading
his club to championships. In 2012, he set a
record for most goals in a calendar year, and
afterward was named FIFA's "Player of the
Year" a record fourth time.

Early Years Lionel Messi was born Luis Lionel Andres Messi on June 24, 1987, in Rosario, Argentina. As a young boy, he tagged along when his two older brothers played soccer with their friends, unintimidated by the bigger boys. At the age of 8, he was recruited to join the youth system of Newell's Old Boys, a Rosario-based club. Recognizably smaller than most of the kids in his age group, Messi was eventually diagnosed by doctors as suffering from a hormone deficiency that restricted his growth. Messi's parents, Jorge and Ceclia, decided on a regimen of nightly growth-hormone injections for their son, though it soon proved impossible to pay several hundred dollars per month for the medication. So, at the age of 13, when Messi was offered the chance to train at soccer powerhouse FC Barcelona's youth academy, La Masia, and have his medical bills covered by the team, Messi's family picked up and moved across the Atlantic to make a new home in Spain. King of Spain: Soccer Career Although he was often homesick in his new country, Messi moved quickly through the junior system ranks, and by the age of 16, he had made his first appearance for Barcelona. Messi put himself in the record books on May 1, 2005, as the youngest player to ever score a goal for the franchise. That same year, he led Argentina to the title in the under-20 World Cup, scoring on a pair of penalty kicks to propel the team over Nigeria. Messi eventually grew to 5 feet and 7 inches, and with his short stature, speed and relentless attacking style, he drew comparisons to another famous Argentinean footballer: Diego Maradona. Messi steered Barcelona to a wealth of success, most notably in 2009, when the left-footer's team captured the Champions League, La Liga, and Spanish Super Cup titles. That same year, after two consecutive runner-up finishes, he took home his first FIFA "World Player of the Year" honor/Ballon d'Or award. Even the great Maradona gushed about his fellow countryman. "I see him as very similar to me," the retired player told the BBC. "He's a leader and is offering lessons in beautiful football. He has something different to any other player in the world." Amazingly, the diminutive soccer wizard continued to improve, discovering new ways to elude defenders while leading Barcelona to La Liga and Spanish Super Cup championships in 2010 and 2011, as well as the '11 Champions League title. Messi embarked on an all-out assault on the record books in 2012. He became the first player to score five goals in a Champions League match in early March, and a few weeks later he surpassed Cesar Rodriguez's club-record 232 goals to become Barcelona's all-time leading scorer. By the end of 2012, Messi had accumulated an astounding 91 goals in club and international play, eclipsing the 85 netted in a single calendar year by Gerd Muller in 1972. Fittingly, he broke one more record when he was named the FIFA Ballon d'Or wiinner for the 4th time on Jan 2013.

NAME: Lionel Messi
Activist, Soccer Player
BIRTH DATE: June 24,
1987 (Age: 26)
PLACE OF BIRTH:
Rosario, Argentina
FULL NAME: Luis Lionel
Andres Messi
AKA: Lionel Messi
NICKNAME: "La Pulga"
NICKNAME: "Leo"
ZODIAC SIGN: Cancer
BEST KNOWN FOR
Argentina native Lionel
Messi has established
records for goals scored
and won individual
awards en route to
worldwide recognition as
the best player in soccer.
Happy birthday Messi!

Re: Happy Birthday To Leo Messi by DukeNija(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2013
Happy Birthday to The greatest player of all time.
I never saw Pele play. Besides he play at a time when football was crude, lawless and unrefined.
Maradona was fantastic, but he used drugs undecided and I never saw in his prime.
We asked God for a revolution in Football and he gave us Messi.
"Messi is an example of Gods excellence and Perfection"

Think Golf, think Tiger
Think Boxing, Remember Ali
Think Basketball, Seek Jordan
Think Football, Find Messi cool

But of course haters will hate. Enemies of progress that's why they are not progressing, grin e.g one other superb player who loves Jerry Curl and Russian Models tongue as well as his supporters around the world. People who have seen the light but chose darkness. cry but haters are always your reserve fans. kiss

I will end with this statement from Fabregas yesterday about Neymar and Barcelona on saturday.
“We need to help him(Neymar)settle in and grow so that he can give us great nights.

“The egos are very controlled in our team. [Lionel] Messi has won the Ballon d’Or four times and is probably the best player of all time - but when you see him every morning, he doesn’t seem like it.” HUMILITY IS KEY TO SUCCESS!

I pray for you today, that the spirit of excellence in Lionel Messi, that makes him outshine his supposed rivals, and dominate the world without question will pursue you today, and capture you in Jesus name. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Happy Birthday To Leo Messi by joshmoy(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2013
Duke_Nija: I wanted to
Wanted to what?

(1) (Reply)

Zidane Top 11 As He Dream Of Been Madrid Coach / Radamel Falcao And Alexandre Pato Leave Chelsea After Loans Expire / Bayern & Barca To Vie For David Luiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.