Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Letter To An Otondo: Preparing For NYSC Orientation Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Letter To An Otondo: Preparing For NYSC Orientation Camp (782 Views)

Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos / Letter To An Otondo: Preparing For NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To An Otondo: Preparing For NYSC Orientation Camp by Gracedpen: 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
O-t-o-n-d--o! How sweet it now sounds in my mouth

Perhaps, the first thing you have to learn is to get used to being called "Otondo". It is not an abusive word like so many people think...someone once told me that it is the yoruba name for white fowl. If so be the case, you can guess it applies to you since you'd be on white for the next three weeks. So, just give an angelic smile when someone calls you by that name and don't take offense.

Ehen, so I was an otondo earlier this year, and yes, I have acquired enough experience to put me in the place of senior corper...lol.

You're probably packing your bags by now, ready to leave for the Batch B orientation camp tomorrow. The first thing you should note is that you don't need excessive luggage...cut down on mufti cloths and jewellery, shoes and bags a whole lot because you will not even be allowed to wear them. Instead, buy more of your white vests, shorts, socks and snickers. It won't be a bad idea to have as many as possible for each day of the week, depending of course on your pocket. But buy at least two each to augment those you'd be given in camp. Chances are that you'd never have a perfect
fit from those, so prepare for that.

Read more: http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/06/letter-to-otondo-preparing-for-nysc.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? / Take Your Destiny Into Your Hands . Runs Your NYSC Posting ... / Job Vacancies @ Airtel Exist For Outgoing Corp Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.