Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143065 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
I wish I could post a picture of my father's house In the village
We thank God
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
Somewhere in the ''jungle'' of Imo State

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo: Those pictures are from Abiriba which is arguably the finest village in Nigeria. I've never been to any other village like that in my life where every house is new and decent.

Dude,stop making these bogus claims;You haven't been to Umuoji,yet. When you visit Idenmili ask them to take you to Urumkpu ndiagu so you can shut up. You claim to have visited every part of Anambra like its the first time you are lieing. If you know Anambra villages very well you won't be arguing like this. In Anambra,we believe in that old adage that say "Aku luo uno,amali onye kpalia". You haven't even seen a good 5% of Anambra wonders. Nwoken,jee suo ike na oche. Just post the danm pictures make we see. I wish I was in Naija make I show you the pictures of Alor-London.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:24pm On Jun 24, 2013
@Chris-OD,that last picture no follow,abeg.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: @Chris-OD,that last picture no follow,abeg.

Nothing is excluded. The good, the better, and the best. That one is the good compared to what you see in ohe-mmanu cities grin grin

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
abagoro:

I've actually been round Idemmili and I admit there are several good houses but people still built 3-4 storey buildings and stores quite unlike Abiriba where everywhere is fenced. I did not write to debate. All the pictures are not Abiriba though.

Again,you just proved you don't know Idenmili;Here,you are talking of cosmopolitan Idenmili. Go to the real Idenmili villages and see things...smh
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Chris-OD:

Nothing is excluded. The good, the better, and the best. That one is the good compared to what you see in SW cities grin grin

Nnaa,rapukwa ndi ofenmanu aka..war go soon start...lol
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
The thing is that some igbo villages have turn modern compare to most villages in Africa is a fact.

Even if you look very careful you will realized that some state capital in nigeria merely escape compare to the kind of infrastructure in igbo villages.What we have to do is fix all the internal roads in igbo villages and then compare them with other cities,difference is clear cool cool

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
Igbo village chief at the back of his house in the village

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nnaa,rapukwa ndi ofenmanu aka..war go soon start...lol

Obum maka fa kam ji creatia ifia grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Igbo-ukwu

Guy,my phone couldn't download ya pics. Abeg,post he actual pictures.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by tpia5: 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
the picture with the turrets [brown house] and flowers is not nigeria nah.

the other houses are ok, you folks just need to have good infrastructural roads and the other amenities found abroad, then the villages/towns would be upgraded.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
babyosisi: I wish I could post a picture of my father's house In the village
We thank God
me too.. but i cnt expose myself wink

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
tpia@:

the other houses are ok, you folks just need to have good infrastructural roads and the other amenities found abroad, then the villages/towns would be upgraded.

How are roads in villages in other Nigerian regions? You are right though.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Guy,jilukwa nwayo oooo lol. Anyway,Oraukwu has money but don't forget Ihiala,Okija,Amichi,Oraifite and ofcourse Igwulube Okodu Nmili Manyuli Oku. There are too many rich town in Anambra and its difficult to say who is the richest but Nnewi and Awkaetiti stands out.
Guy how can you draw up that list without including Igbo Ukwu? Ino na odu nkwu?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Yeske2(m): 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo: I think this thread should have been created in January with a prior announcement that people take pictures of houses when they go home for Christmas.
You be winsh, just took that right outta my mouth but maybe november sha.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
Village river

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
ak47mann: me too.. but i cnt expose myself wink

Your fathers house is probably already online somewhere. grin grin grin grin

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 11:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
Chris-OD:

may be... cheesy cheesy but you can see ur crip from google, i did..
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
Church in the village. We should learn how to plant grasses more. They do a whole lot of difference

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by tpia5: 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
Chris-OD:

true that.

everything is online.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
Something is slowly under construction here

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by oboy3(m): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
wow nice thread,i am not my village right now,i would taken you guys on a tour around alor in idemili,not boasting sha o,but we have good road network,solar street light and many beautiful houses like sen chris ngige's house and many other rich people
Hmm,now am starting to miss villa
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Guy how can you draw up that list without including Igbo Ukwu? Ino na odu nkwu?

Nnaa,kedu ebe m ga ebido guba ? There are to many of them. I wish someone can do a documentry on Anambra mansions. Its very intimidating!

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
ak47mann: I challenge Igbo businessmen to beat what I have done in Igboland’

An igbo successful woman announced,here is her crip in ebony state

The owner is one afikpo chick.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
The owner is one afikpo chick.
yep!! she is my friend on facebook as-well...
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
These are houses in Anambra Village

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mba Ise village house, Imo State

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 11:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ebonyi village houses

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 11:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
Replacing grandfather's house with a modern building - Ebonyi village

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:22am On Jun 25, 2013
Ol' boy,see that girl's delicious leg ooo. Chai!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ChrisOD: 12:39am On Jun 25, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: Ol' boy,see that girl's delicious leg ooo. Chai!

Onye ojoo grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language