Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (143088 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
onila: some houses in villa

In which state is the villages in which these houses are located?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by onila(f): 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
omongbatic:

In which state is the villages in which these houses are located?
imo state
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
Where are the "Channel O" houses with roofs made of palm fronds we see on Nollywood movies?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bfmconcepts: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
ibo guys dey build mansion for their villages
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ketoprofen(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ola Johnson: Where are the "Channel O" houses with roofs made of palm fronds we see on Nollywood movies?

am sure u dont want US to talk about the POOR ones they show in yoruba movies BOTH CITY AND VILLAGE. like u said, they are in chanel O , so visit Chanel O.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ola Johnson: Where are the "Channel O" houses with roofs made of palm fronds we see on Nollywood movies?

Ignoramus. 90% of such houses as you described above are built for the movie to depict 17th century Igboland. We have matured and grown better than you and yours. The photo in this my post is one of such Nollywood houses that you will look really, really hard to find in real life anywhere in Igboland of today

Meanwhile in this link https://www.nairaland.com/1336032/photos-yoruba-villages are photos of Yoruba villages as we see them in real life.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
Our houses don't take the 'Channel O' pattern. The mud houses, which are built in the normal square or rectangular shape, are only there for heritage sake as it's quite important to have such even if your modern house is a mansion.
NB: 'channel o' mud houses are more prevalent from the middle-belt up north.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by onila(f): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
enugu

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by onila(f): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by achi4u(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
Fulani BOII: Walahi I must sell all my cows and marry rich Igbo girl
ur are welcome
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by delors(m): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
angry Even at this age and time, people are still building houses without first considering drainage and roads...na wah o. Na just small flood I need make all those colourful houses (wey be like Sango shrines) wash away. Brainless. The government still lives in the 18thC, Allah!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by SaintChukz(m): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
I don't understand the purpose this thread is meant to serve oh..Those it mean that with all these beautiful pics of country and villa palaces, the majority of the people there are not stricken by poverty? Well mods and super mods still on this sticker issue put up this thread now...https://www.nairaland.com/1342473/nairalander-needs-least-500-votes The one who is to benefit from the thread being on FP is already running out of time oh...!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by somegirl1: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Empty chest beating , how many people live in in those houses?

Out of 30-35M Igbos how many even own a house?

Something you should know about Nd'Igbo, they save the best for the village.
I don't know if it's a good thing, but it's the way it is.
An Igbo man who lives in rubble in a foreign city might just have a mansion in his village.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
Abagworo: Those pictures are from Abiriba which is arguably the finest village in Nigeria. I've never been to any other village like that in my life where every house is new and decent.

Agreed but all the villages in Anambra state can pass for cities although not as rich as Abiriba ohafia.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
some-girl:

Something you should know about Nd'Igbo, they save the best for the village.
I don't know if it's a good thing, but it's the way it is.
An Igbo man who lives in rubble in a foreign city might just have a mansion in his village.

May not be economical sound in the short run if you do not live there permanently, but very okay in the long run. And, in a volatile country such as Nigeria, you need contingency plans.

It is not really about economics. It is a tradition that we love.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by somegirl1: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
delors: angry Even at this age and time, people are still building houses without first considering drainage and roads...na wah o. Na just small flood I need make all those colourful houses (wey be like Sango shrines) wash away. Brainless. The government still lives in the 18thC, Allah!

Question:
How are they to "consider" roads? Are they now supposed to construct their own roads?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by somegirl1: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
omongbatic:

May not be economical sound in the short run if you do not live there permanently, but very okay in the long run. And, in a volatile country such as Nigeria, you need contingency plans.

Yeah, I guess that's a major reason.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
delors: angry Even at this age and time, people are still building houses without first considering drainage and roads...na wah o. Na just small flood I need make all those colourful houses (wey be like Sango shrines) wash away. Brainless. The government still lives in the 18thC, Allah!
These are villages and not cities.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by somegirl1: 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
These are villages and not cities.

gwa kwa ya

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Rooneyboy(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
Antivirus92: The 3 richest towns in anambra are nnewi,awka-etiti and oraukwu. Luckily i am from one of them!

Clap for urself grin

Pls post pikture and talk less.

*Nobody ask u were u come from, na so pipo dey take fail small exam ooo grin

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Cusubaba(m): 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

What is this one saying? The title is misleading many people called him out,(even others Igbos) .yet I'm the one bitter. If my moniker was eze something it would have been another story. Park well I'm free to comment on any thread. And I call this one chest beating the dude is not even able to post 30 pictures. Yet someone is saying igbo villages houses. Nott fine houses you can find in igbo villages. His op is full of pride , which begs the question how many igbos own such houses in their villages. Since according to him nollywood is misleading people , is he saying that they use fake houses or studio? Lwkd .
CAMEROONPRIDE and his wife in a village at Cameroon.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ffo(m): 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
mine

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by protocol(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
I AM SURE I KW THAT GUY ON THE PICS.OBINNA IS THAT NOT YOU?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ffo(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
another one.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ballabriggs: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
Nonsense and useless thread.

Most of these houses are only occupied for less than 30 days in 365 days, what economic benefit?

Instead of focusing on how they will reclaim their lands from Ezeala stealing it via erosion, they are busy showing unoccupied houses.

Useless people, make dem dey build their nonsense dey go, anyi talaugba nwuo mmi, ndi agbagba na kuruma. cool cool
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
[/b] yaa! Oh I wish this topic came up during xmas or easter or even new yam festival, HATERS GO HANG. But death will not come! They will stay alive to see our success! Proudly Igbo! Adadioranma!!
adaobi123: [size=20pt][b]Igbo kwenu !!!![/size] cool

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
ballabriggs: Nonsense and useless thread.

Most of these houses are only occupied for less than 30 days in 365 days, what economic benefit?

Instead of focusing on how they will reclaim their lands from Ezeala stealing it via erosion, they are busy showing unoccupied houses.

Useless people, make dem dey build their nonsense dey go, anyi talaugba nwuo mmi, ndi agbagba na kuruma. cool cool

Who is this idioooot? Please go and continue living in the creeks. At least 30% of the houses in your own village/town/city are owned by Igbos

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
NOW I SEE WHY EVERY IGBO MAN WAN HAMMER BY FORCE. TOO MUCH COMPETITION grin grin grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
peppy luv: [b][/b] yaa! Oh I wish this topic came up during xmas or easter or even new yam festival, HATERS GO HANG. But death will not come! They will stay alive to see our success! Proudly Igbo! Adadioranma!!

cool cool cool cool
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
I know whr u are 4rm! But let me not use an idiot like u to insult or generalise the whole state,u r in okorocha's group that betray their Igbo brothers .NKITA ALA
ballabriggs: Nonsense and useless thread.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ballabriggs: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
omongbatic:

Who is this idioooot? Please go and continue living in the creeks. At least 30% of the houses in your own village/town/city are owned by Igbos

Mugu 1,

I say it again, anyi talaugba nwuo mmi, ndi agbagba na kuruma. You can spend all your money and build house for termites, that one na your own business.

Me, I no dey that one. So shift now, MUHEHEHEHE.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ballabriggs: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
peppy luv: I know whr u are 4rm! But let me not use an idiot like u to insult or generalise the whole state,u r in okorocha's group that betray their Igbo brothers .NKITA ALA

Muwa, nkita ala? angry angry Ezeala kugbukwe gi there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language