Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way (2123 Views)

5 Most Common Nigerian Pidgin English Words and their Origin / Jamb 2013 Utme Use Of English: The Summary Of The Two Novels; “the Successors” W / JAMB UTME Use Of English: The Novels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by MrTroll(m): 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
This thread is meant for those who are seriously interested in learning the Nigerian pidgin.
Feel free to ask for the translation of specific words, phrases, sentence etc

N/B: the pidgin is complex and is usually flavoured with local dialect, slangs and infusions of some of the major Nigerian languages.

Special mention to Texanomaly

Oya let's go there!!! cheesy
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by MrTroll(m): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
1st to comment cool
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by donigspain(m): 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
^^^E be like say you be real otondo...
BTW, fïrst tô cômmênt after your comment.
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by texanomaly(f): 12:50am On Jun 25, 2013
Thanks Mr Troll. You are a sweetheart. I will definitely be stopping by. kiss
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by texanomaly(f): 2:40am On Jun 30, 2013
Mr Troll, I have one for you.
E remain make u sabi put effizy for the pidgin wey u dey yan so
Translate please.
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by Madawaki01(m): 9:32am On Jun 30, 2013
texanomaly: Mr Troll, I have one for you.
E remain make u sabi put effizy for the pidgin wey u dey yan so
Translate please.
accordin to me.,it means "what remain now is for u to know how to put swag into ur pidgin english"
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by texanomaly(f): 9:38am On Jun 30, 2013
Madawaki01: accordin to me.,it means "what remain now is for u to know how to put swag into ur pidgin english"
Thank you ; smiley
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by Madawaki01(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2013
texanomaly:
Thank you ; smiley
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by Madawaki01(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2013
texanomaly:
Thank you ; smiley
u'r welcome
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by MrTroll(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2013
Madawaki01: accordin to me.,it means "what remain now is for u to know how to put swag into ur pidgin english"
correct!

Efizzy means 'swag', more or lessm

Yan means 'talk'.
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by mayorall(m): 11:05am On Jun 30, 2013
I just dey waka jeje on my own na in I see this una thread, I just say make I salute una my oga at the top and the ones wey dey middle. Una karoo o.
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by texanomaly(f): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2013
Mr Troll: correct!

Efizzy means 'swag', more or lessm

Yan means 'talk'.
"efizzy" was the word I didn't know. I got the gist of what he said. I hope, through exposure to such a diverse group of people, I will develop my own brand of 'efizzy'. grin Thanks
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by Adrenaline123(m): 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
translate
the yam wey don done don done.
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by UyiIredia(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
Adrenaline123: translate
the yam wey don done don done.

E mean say the yam you dey cook don cook finish.
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by texanomaly(f): 2:26am On Jul 02, 2013
I know this is not Pidgin...It is Yoruba, I think. Can someone translate please.
Moni ife re Iyawo mi atata
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by Madawaki01(m): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2013
texanomaly: I know this is not Pidgin...It is Yoruba, I think. Can someone translate please.
Moni ife re Iyawo mi atata
I LOVE U,MY DEAR WIFE
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by texanomaly(f): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
dats kul,av u been 2 Nigerian b4??
It a nyc place u knw,with different peepz and it a place where evrybdy is crazy n sick...bt sme craze pass sme pipu
I understand some of this.
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by Madawaki01(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2013
texanomaly: dats kul,av u been 2 Nigerian b4??
It a nyc place u knw,with different peepz and it a place where evrybdy is crazy n sick...bt sme craze pass sme pipu
I understand some of this.
have you been to nigeria before?it is a nice place where everybody is crazy and sick,bot some people are crazier
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by texanomaly(f): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
Madawaki01: have you been to nigeria before?it is a nice place where everybody is crazy and sick,bot some people are crazier
Thank you
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by Madawaki01(m): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
texanomaly:
Thank you
you`re welcome
Re: Learn Pidgin English The Nigerian Way by texanomaly(f): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2014
Does this mean you are no longer banned?

(1) (Reply)

2015 JAMB CBT Result Is Out / Federal Polytechnic Nekede,owerri,imo State 2015/2016 POST UTME FORM Is Out / Photos: Madonna University Owner Fr Edeh Donates $100,000 to UNICEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.