Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:43 PM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263290 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ZEALMAN(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
This is where we stopped for today, this is PH so the rain was falling but we kept working till evening, work house not completely set up but we can find a place to sleep. Action continues tomorrow here.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Afam4eva(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
Following Thread...
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
My man more grease to your elbow . The best thespians I have seen are not theater art graduates , the best businessmen are not MBA holders , the best architects are not architecture graduates , the best engineers are not engineering graduates etc

Passion plus self and continuous education are the vital traits required for advancement in life . I wish you all the best bro in your new found profession .

12 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
mbembe: More grease to your shiny elbows. Wait o, Oga Spyder, did you say 8.8m for a 5 BDR Detached duplex in PH, from foundation to roofing.Lets get serious here Prof. There is simply no way that is going to happen even if you resort to using the most basic/cheapest materials to do the job. Remember, you have served as an inspiration to some of us, thus, I will be happy for you to always present the total picture as it is and should be. This will afford your client(s) the opportunity to plan effectively and also adjust their budgets accordingly. Changing the goal post at the middle of the match, smacks of dishonesty. The unplanned adjustments also most often throws the client off balance. Just curious, hope U aint using corrugated roofing sheets (zinc) for this project. Just an advice, prepare for them "Ikwerre bush entry boys o". Those ones, that manifests in different groups/gangs, aint smiling- I,ve had a personal experience. Goodluck Oga Spyder, May your dreams come true. We are waiting and watching. Peace.

My brother, I will be here to fight as much as I can to stick to this budget. Some things are seeming like they will be too costly but here we are, the fight must go on. PH is tough, everything is high here but we are here and must face the fight. Digging starts tomorrow, expect more pictures as usual.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Following Thread...

Brother ... my own brother from my LGA! grin Thanks for coming around.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ZUBY77(m): 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880: This is where we stopped for today, this is PH so the rain was falling but we kept working till evening, work house not completely set up but we can find a place to sleep. Action continues tomorrow here.

60 DAYS. NOPE... IT RAINS MUCH IN PH
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Afam4eva(m): 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880:

Brother ... my own brother from my LGA! grin Thanks for coming around.
Oga Spyder, Jisike...anom gi n'azu. let's see how this project will pan out. Keep up the good work.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mr Spider..

I will be following this project with keen interest. Well here is a heads up on Ph. Cement costs are almost even everywhere but try Oginigba junction for bulk purchases or go straight to Eagle cement at Iwofe and get straight from the company major dealers as you would not be able to purchase directly from the company without registration. Buildng materials (name of an area in mile 3)is ur best bet for Bathroom fittings (tiles et al). They also sold rods there but I'm not too sure anymore. Oginigba also has dealers in rods. For wood, go to Marine base and or Iloabuchi. These are the two largest sawmills in Port harcourt. For Sand, go to Okujagu. That's a sand base. There is another place, but I can't remeber the name right now. Should u ever need help on where to get what, just post it here and call my attention to it.

I again will be lurking and watching you. Please provide pics of your progress. I hope to do business with you within the next 2 years.

Best of luck.. If possible, avoid using any workers from PH. Even for security sef. They will taint your site.

P.s: be sure that you have all necessary local gov and state gov permits before commencing work. If your site is on federal land (ie purchased from fha), then local gov permits don't apply to you. These lg boys and community boys are touts. Be sure to properly secure your site. Gates should be locked at all times. They will breach your site and cart away materials that you may never recover.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by babakingsto(m): 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2013
megainvest: Hello Spyder, I have decided not to be just a spectator on this wonderful thread. I want to also contribute to your success. I will be suggesting a few ways I think you can help your client save cash. With your experience, you can let me know if it makes sense. I strongly believe we spend too much on building construction in Nigeria.

My first suggestion has to do with blocks. Do you intend to use 9 inch blocks? If yes, do you think that you can save by adopting framed construction method (beams and columns) with 5inch blocks as cladding or at least for all internal walls? U can still use 9 inch on the external walls.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by otokx(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
The rain today was something else; wish you guys the best of luck.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
Demain_man: @ Prof, I can't see any fencing around the land. Are you erecting the house before fencing it or are both going up at the same time?

The main building goes up first, the fence will be done later, maybe after the deck.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
@spyder if u need sand,chippings and installation of Borehole no fail to holla ya man. I dey Port Harcourt.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
ZUBY77:

60 DAYS. NOPE... IT RAINS MUCH IN PH

[quote author=baba kingsto][/quote]

The rain was beating us for the better part of 3 hours, but we are used to weather changes, digging will still go on tomorrow.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by pcnwamadi(m): 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880: Boys cutting grass, clearing the site while I buy wood and other materials from a market at Rumuokoro.
My simple advice, if U̶̲̥̅̊ want to buy woods and other materials, I advice U̶̲̥̅̊ go to wood market in mile3, d price is a lot cheaper dere, U̶̲̥̅̊ will find evrytin U̶̲̥̅̊ need dere, including labour.. If U̶̲̥̅̊ need assistance, U̶̲̥̅̊ can reach me on were to get sand, granite, U̶̲̥̅̊ also need sum1 on ground in oda not to be ripped off by Obio Akpo boy. Ameachi has banned any body building house in PH from paying anybody any money, make ur payment to Rivers state Ministry of Urban development and planning, dat is if D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ come around. I advice you to fence ur site and put a gate, dat should be ur 1st step, to avoid uninvited touts.. Wish U̶̲̥̅̊ best of luck..

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Revolva(m): 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
of what importance is this to Nigerians...or help make house rent cheap..and it made front page
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
obakovich: @spyder if u need sand,chippings and installation of Borehole no fail to holla ya man. I dey Port Harcourt.

Ok, although I have already spoken with some people and they are moving for it already, I will contact you if I need another set, thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
pcnwamadi:
My simple advice, if U̶̲̥̅̊ want to buy woods and other materials, I advice U̶̲̥̅̊ go to wood market in mile3, d price is a lot cheaper dere, U̶̲̥̅̊ will find evrytin U̶̲̥̅̊ need dere, including labour.. If U̶̲̥̅̊ need assistance, U̶̲̥̅̊ can reach me on were to get sand, granite, U̶̲̥̅̊ also need sum1 on ground in oda not to be ripped off by Obio Akpo boy. Ameachi has banned any body building house in PH from paying anybody any money, make ur payment to Rivers state Ministry of Urban development and planning, dat is if D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ come around. I advice you to fence ur site and put a gate, dat should be ur 1st step, to avoided uninvited touts.. Wish U̶̲̥̅̊ best of luck.. If U̶̲̥̅̊ complete dis project like U̶̲̥̅̊. Said wit dat amount, believe me, d skye is ur steppin stone..

Your points are well noted, thanks bro.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880:

The main building goes up first, the fence will be done later, maybe after the deck.

Very very very bad idea.. Not in port harcourt. Obio apkor boys will frustrate your soul.

Fence first.. Very important. This advice coming from experience from over 6 houses in port harcourt.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Mr Spider..

I will be following this project with keen interest. Well here is a heads up on Ph. Cement costs are almost even everywhere but try Oginigba junction for bulk purchases or go straight to Eagle cement at Iwofe and get straight from the company major dealers as you would not be able to purchase directly from the company without registration. Buildng materials (name of an area in mile 3)is ur best bet for Bathroom fittings (tiles et al). They also sold rods there but I'm not too sure anymore. Oginigba also has dealers in rods. For wood, go to Marine base and or Iloabuchi. These are the two largest sawmills in Port harcourt. For Sand, go to Okujagu. That's a sand base. There is another place, but I can't remeber the name right now. Should u ever need help on where to get what, just post it here and call my attention to it.

I again will be lurking and watching you. Please provide pics of your progress. I hope to do business with you within the next 2 years.

Best of luck.. If possible, avoid using any workers from PH. Even for security sef. They will taint your site.

P.s: be sure that you have all necessary local gov and state gov permits before commencing work. If your site is on federal land (ie purchased from fha), then local gov permits don't apply to you. These lg boys and community boys are touts. Be sure to properly secure your site. Gates should be locked at all times. They will breach your site and cart away materials that you may never recover.

I am taking notes of this....thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by DisGuy: 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
interesting

I have a feeling i know what the mansion will look like..... very unique to the owners/builders but they all look almost the same, the architecture, materials, fencing[with lookalike gateman house]

This house comes with all the latest designs in modern building, granite, decent room arrangement with bigger bedrooms, internal plumbing and electricals, special parapet cornice, stone coated roofing tiles, everything.......

cant wait for this interesting project! 60 days full steam!! what about the weather?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Kk4(m): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
Including electricals?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
K,k:
Including electricals?

Yes, conduit piping for the whole house, no wires or electrical appliances.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by twinskenny(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2013
Oga Spyder

Hope am not late oooo subsribing as well.. i wish u success. make sure u also feed us with ugba and nkwobi time to time.

weldone.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
brabus: Well done bro! Wishing you the very best in your new project.

Remember the 13th commandment: Be in charge.

Very true. Thanks bro, last time we spoke, I took all your advice very seriously.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by antartica(m): 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
Why don't nigerian builders use more woods in buildings,keep it streamlined and cost effective?

Why must it be all round concrete like you are building bunkers?

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
twinskenny: Oga Spyder

Hope am not late oooo subsribing as well.. i wish u success. make sure u also feed us with ugba and nkwobi time to time.

weldone.

Thanks brother mi, welcome.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by since1914(m): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880:

Project: A 5 bedroom executive duplex
Client : A Nairalander
Duration: 60 days
Project cost: N8.8m (Foundation-roofing, materials and labour)
Contractor: Ckenneths Homes Nig.

This project will start this week as we arrange to travel down to the city and start work. This house comes with all the latest designs in modern building, granite, decent room arrangement with bigger bedrooms, internal plumbing and electricals, special parapet cornice, stone coated roofing tiles, everything.......

Well done oga. Just a quick question...is the N8.8million expected to only cover the cost of constructing the building's 'carcass' or it also includes the entire finishing (ceiling,tiling, windows, Wall-screeding, painting and light fittings)? Are your fees also covered in this?

If your answer to the above is yes. Please go back to your client and review the Bill of Quantity. Better still, insist that your client hires a professional Quantity Surveyor so that you can work with the BOQ prepared by his surveyor; anything short of this and you will run into debts long before your project goes half way. Because you need at least twice the figure you have quoted for you to achieve full completion of this project. Please do not rush into this project if you don't sort this out properly, because your reputation is at stake, and so is your relationship with your client.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
antartica: Why don't nigerian builders use more woods in buildings,keep it streamlined and cost effective?

Emmmm, do you think the type of wood needed to build a solid house safe from our unsafe society will be cheap to use as a substitute to blocks and concrete? Just asking?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by baby124: 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
antartica: Why don't nigerian builders use more woods in buildings,keep it streamlined and cost effective?

You think we have money and time for termite damage, flood sweeping away our houses. Do you think we have insurance on houses? We build it solid so it can last for years. The down side is that you cannot easily modify. Who cares about modifying if you get it all planned out at once.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Engrsam: 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
@ Spider, i know how you are going to do this,am building a similar thing myself in calabar, beside am an Engineer, but i have spent over 13m,just about to start parapet and have not done rofing, let alone plastering and painting,i don't know how you want to perform the magic but i wish you good luck. find attached pix.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
since_1914:

Well done oga. Just a quick question...is the N8.8million expected to only cover the cost of building the 'carcass' of the building or it also includes the finishing (ceiling,tiling, windows, Wall-screeding, painting and light fittings)? Are your fees also covered in this?

If your answer to the above is yes. Please go back to your client and review the Bill of Quantity. Better still, insist that your client hires a professional Quantity Surveyor so that you can work with the BOQ prepared by his surveyor; anything short of this and you will run into debts long before your project goes half way. Because you need at least twice the figure you have quoted for you to achieve full completion of this project. Please do not rush into this project if you don't sort this out properly, because your reputation is at stake, and so is your relationship with your client.

Thank you, the project is for only the cost of foundation till roofing, 'carcas' only. No finishing at all, no plastering, no tiles, no electrical fitting or toilet fittings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.