Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263642 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:14am On Nov 09, 2013
We are still fencing this house, block work ongoing at the front of the house.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 12:32am On Nov 09, 2013
spyder880:

Yesooo, I also love the looks.

Lovely Mansion indeed. Beautiful work as usual, Oga Spyder.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by tempest12: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2013
@ spyder, please can i av your phone contacts
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sir Spider I will be starting my project this month in Akure (a 5 bedroom duplex) from the house plan the lenght is 23743mm and the width is 18850mm. Below is the amount that the brick layer charges from foundation to casting of parapet. 1. Casting of foundation (excluding excavation) - N75,000. 2. Setting of foundation blocks - N66,750. 3. Casting of DPC - N120,00. 4. Setting of Ground floor block - N220,000. 5. Casting of decking - N280,000. 6. Setting of first floor block - N250,000 7. Casting of parapet - 120,000 making a total of 1131,750. Please I need your proffessional advice on this, either to go ahead or look for another bricklayer. Looking forward to your quick response sir
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by bugmenot: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2013

Oga spyder, if you don't mind sharing, how tall is the tank stand? How much taller than the house is it? I think it looks significantly taller. Welldone, my brother.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fraba(m): 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
Spyder,
i sent you a mail. expecting your response. Thanks in advance
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
tempest12: @ spyder, please can i av your phone contacts

You can reach me on 08033350750, thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
Fraba: Spyder,
i sent you a mail. expecting your response. Thanks in advance

Got it, replied already. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
azora: Sir Spider I will be starting my project this month in Akure (a 5 bedroom duplex) from the house plan the lenght is 23743mm and the width is 18850mm. Below is the amount that the brick layer charges from foundation to casting of parapet. 1. Casting of foundation (excluding excavation) - N75,000. 2. Setting of foundation blocks - N66,750. 3. Casting of DPC - N120,00. 4. Setting of Ground floor block - N220,000. 5. Casting of decking - N280,000. 6. Setting of first floor block - N250,000 7. Casting of parapet - 120,000 making a total of 1131,750. Please I need your proffessional advice on this, either to go ahead or look for another bricklayer. Looking forward to your quick response sir

The size of the building is very large, the charge by the bricklayer is very modest, I cannot see any place in the entire list that is too high, the charge is fair.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
bugmenot:

Oga spyder, if you don't mind sharing, how tall is the tank stand? How much taller than the house is it? I think it looks significantly taller. Welldone, my brother.

Yes the tank stand is tall, the pipes were made up to be 40ft, 4 foot is cast into the ground as footing for the stand. It might be taller than house, but it is good for enough water pressure.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
I am still having issues with wooden door selection for this house, so this morning I left to the place they manufacture wooden doors locally. The timber market in Enugu, door building section. And they were things I saw today.......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
We all know about the foreign imports on wooden doors, so have issues I dont like, the frame of the foreign wooden doors are not real wood. They start to spoil after soaking some water, especially those in the toilets and baths.

My mission today was to find local alternatives, but we all know how shabby our people can be, especially with finishing of anything. I started to seek for people that can use sand paper and slowly grind the wood surfaces till they are very smooth....... and I worked with a few guys in their timber market workshops......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
There are some carved designs, these ones sell for about 12k each, without the frames which cost an average of N7k depending on the quality of wood the frame is made from.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
Check out more local doors, the first from the right of the picture is a door designed with thick plywood in the middle, selling for N15k, next left is N5k, N12k in that order.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
The attraction here is that you can choose your design, height and width, custom made for you.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
spyder880:

The size of the building is very large, the charge by the bricklayer is very modest, I cannot see any place in the entire list that is too high, the charge is fair.
thank You very much and I really appreciate your quick response
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
azora: Sir Spider I will be starting my project this month in Akure (a 5 bedroom duplex) from the house plan the lenght is 23743mm and the width is 18850mm. Below is the amount that the brick layer charges from foundation to casting of parapet. 1. Casting of foundation (excluding excavation) - N75,000. 2. Setting of foundation blocks - N66,750. 3. Casting of DPC - N120,00. 4. Setting of Ground floor block - N220,000. 5. Casting of decking - N280,000. 6. Setting of first floor block - N250,000 7. Casting of parapet - 120,000 making a total of 1131,750. Please I need your proffessional advice on this, either to go ahead or look for another bricklayer. Looking forward to your quick response sir

y not get a builder or an engineer to supervise your job instead of consulting.
You would have consulted your builder or engineer, he wil be in the best position to give a good reply.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Analytical(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2013
Spyder, thank you for your commitment and passion. It is well appreciated. We talked on phone about doors and here you are!

Please can you show the pictures of the frames, especially to the one with ply wood in the middle? Also, do you have any other designs with the quality of the 15k type? Is there any other disadvantage to the foreign wooden doors, especially if you are not using them in toilets/baths?

Analytical
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fraba(m): 10:32am On Nov 10, 2013
spyder880:

Got it, replied already. Thanks.

seen and replied to your yahoo.co.uk account
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
segzy14:

y not get a builder or an engineer to supervise your job instead of consulting.
You would have consulted your builder or engineer, he wil be in the best position to give a good reply.
I have a builder. It was he that introduced the Bricklayer, but I just want to know if the price is ideal. Well I have decided to use the Bricklayer since Sir Spider said the price was Okay. Well Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Qc1(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
Oga Syder,

For you to completely ignored me, then you must be very busy. However, I want to thank you for the good job you are doing here.

@all building engineers in the house

I need to hired someone that can do a similar project on this thread to roofing level ASAP,

please note:

1)I only have a budget of about N9m ( roofing level)
2) will need to start from 1st week of Dec. 2013
3) Will like the roofing done by March 1st 2014
4)Must be very qualify and have to show me your past work.
5) Must be honest and transparent like oga syder
6) The land is located at IKD Lagos

Thanks and God Bless you!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Analytical: Spyder, thank you for your commitment and passion. It is well appreciated. We talked on phone about doors and here you are!

Please can you show the pictures of the frames, especially to the one with ply wood in the middle? Also, do you have any other designs with the quality of the 15k type? Is there any other disadvantage to the foreign wooden doors, especially if you are not using them in toilets/baths?

Analytical

Yeah! Oga Spyder. Please, I will also like to see some more pictures of local wooden doors and their respective prices.. I love those that you have posted already.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sigba(f): 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
If in need of an interior designer, Havillah interiors is your best bet. Call in for your Curtains, window blinds, throw pillows, duvet, bedsheets, mobile wadrobe etc.
Call 08082505890.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
Analytical: Spyder, thank you for your commitment and passion. It is well appreciated. We talked on phone about doors and here you are!

Analytical

I am planning to search the timber market in PH next, the market along Aba road to see what I come up with, maybe work closely with one carpenter, I wish to free some time this week to do more research on wooden doors. Most foreign wooden doors are not solid doors, I mean that there are spaces inside the wooden panel of foreign doors.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Qc-1:
Oga Syder,

For you to completely ignored me, then you must be very busy. However, I want to thank you for the good job you are doing here.

I need to hired someone that can do a similar project on this thread to roofing level ASAP,

please note:

My Oga, I did not ignore you or any other person here cheesy I will look at my inbox and see if you sent me mails, I promise to reply in the shortest possible time like always. I have replied all of today's mails. Please Sir, what is your request once again, send me a reminder if I forget please.
But if your project is in Lagos, it might be better for another of our bosses here to handle your building in Lagos as my commitment in PH will take me into early next year. Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by FabioPeter: 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
spyder880: The attraction here is that you can choose your design, height and width, custom made for you.
Can't these doors be sprayed white? I see this in most holywood movies and they look a lot better than our regular brown shade.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Fabio Peter:
Can't these doors be sprayed white? I see this in most holywood movies and they look a lot better than our regular brown shade.

Sure it could be sprayed white or any other colour after polishing and thats the attraction for me. I even asked the man to paint one door white for me to see, do it on the white plywood design while leaving the oval design in the middle to bear the current plywood colour. I think it will be fine, he refused, says except I pay for it first undecided

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Qc1(m): 10:36am On Nov 12, 2013
spyder880:

My Oga, I did not ignore you or any other person here cheesy I will look at my inbox and see if you sent me mails, I promise to reply in the shortest possible time like always. I have replied all of today's mails. Please Sir, what is your request once again, send me a reminder if I forget please.
But if your project is in Lagos, it might be better for another of our bosses here to handle your building in Lagos as my commitment in PH will take me into early next year. Thank you Sir.

Oga Syder,

Thank you very much. May God continue to bless you and your family. The project is in Lagos. If you recommend anybody here, it will be well appreciated because I bought my ticket already. Can't I manage N9m for a similar project like the one on this thread to roofing level ? I dont mind if it's 4 bedrooms instead of 5! Is there a way to improvise?

Please your input will be very appreciated. Thank you sir!

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by brabus(m): 11:43am On Nov 12, 2013
Qc-1:
Oga Syder,

please note:

I can handle this project for you at N10m but can only be available to kickstart in January.

Here's a link to my ongoing project in Ondo state with a budget of N10.5m (Foundation to Roofing)

https://www.nairaland.com/1338637/chateau-ile-oluji-construction-journal/32#19477611

However, the final cost will be determined after site inspection.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Qc1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
brabus:

I can handle this project for you at N10m but can only be available to kickstart in January.

Here's a link to my ongoing project in Ondo state with a budget of N10.5m (Foundation to Roofing)

https://www.nairaland.com/1338637/chateau-ile-oluji-construction-journal/32#19477611

However, the final cost will be determined after site inspection.

My Oga,

I wish I can wait till January but I really can't wait. Moreover my budget is N9m. I will like to talk to you. May I call you?

Thanks.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sure Qc_1, Brabus understands the Lagos area more and can handle the job very well. Please call him.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Qc1(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2013
spyder880: Sure Qc_1, Brabus understands the Lagos area more and can handle the job very well. Please call him.

Thanks

@ brabus

When is the best time to call you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.