Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. (8194 Views)

NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 / Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by arcis: 6:43am On Jun 25, 2013
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, said 70 new roads had been approved and awarded for construction and rehabilitation in the state, even as the Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, deplored the poor state of the Federal High Court in Lagos Island, saying “it is in its old self.”

Fashola who spoke during a courtesy call on him by the NBA, Lagos Branch and Ikeja, led by Mr. Monday Ubani and Mr. Taiwo Taiwo, said the contract had increased the number of awarded road contracts since the commencement of the second term of his administration to 230.

According to him: “We set ourselves the target in the second term to complete about 450 roads. Last year, we awarded about 160 roads. This year, we have awarded about 70 roads. This signifies our intention this year that we are more concerned about road construction.

“We have already completed about half of the roads we set out to achieve. But again, we can only award that much if we were able to complete much. That was why this year’s project was based on completing the roads in the state. The decision making for which road to deal with first, is based on the road that carries the most traffic.

“The need continuously outstrips the source and so also they outstrip the capacity. And what we have done this year was to identify the roads that needed urgent repair. And these are continuous engagement and undertaking from the state government. They will never finish in the tenure or life of any government.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/fashola-approves-construction-of-70-new-roads/
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 25, 2013
Nice move. This is a welcomed development. The state of most roads in lagos are nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Wendyslim(f): 6:59am On Jun 25, 2013
The guy is really stepping it hotter ooooo. He no be dos governors wey dey use second term gather wealth. Up fashola
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by geeez: 7:05am On Jun 25, 2013
Eko o ni baje jor

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by lukaino(m): 8:49am On Jun 25, 2013
Does anyone have details of these 70 new roads the Governor is talking about?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by GEJTILL2019(m): 8:59am On Jun 25, 2013
all na wash

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Sundahjoe(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2013
Hope ipaja-ayobo road, agege is included.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by aminho(m): 10:13am On Jun 25, 2013
If apc wins the next election fashola should me the fct minister

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by fitzmayowa: 10:15am On Jun 25, 2013
pistol: They have come again.
Is lagos the only state in Nigeria.
The noise that permeates the air whenever any governor in the southwest is about opening an envelop is quite baffling,disturbing and puerile.
When next fashola gets intimate,op don't forget to come inform us ok

Eko o ni baje o...aside been clueless, u r senseless, brainless, headless, hopeless, futureless, no life...mtscheew enemy of progress

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by buoye1(m): 10:16am On Jun 25, 2013
O baje ti
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2013
Me thinks this move is part of the objectives aimed at making the proposed traffic software vehicle to function efficiently.

Thumbs up mr Governor.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by ritux: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2013
Political propangander. How many km are the roads? Will they be completed before the end of his tenure?

All our politicians know is awarding road contracts when the rains are coming, knowing fully well that no much work can be done.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by ayo22(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2013
y nt giv us a comprehensive list of d roads
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Codedrock(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2013
THATS MY GOVERNOR!
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by surveycash(m): 10:20am On Jun 25, 2013
Eko o ni baje!

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by pistol: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2013
They have come again.
The noise that permeates the air whenever any governor in the southwest is about opening an envelop is quite baffling,disturbing and puerile.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 25, 2013
ritux: Political propangander. How many km are the roads? Will they be completed before the end of his tenure?

All our politicians know is awarding road contracts when the rains are coming, knowing fully well that no much work can be done.

Oga! Everything is que sera sera na, abi na bad thing to this kind thing.

And what if he didn't do it?
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Fogman(m): 10:23am On Jun 25, 2013
Can we have the list of this roads?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Tfri: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2013
Let them give us d lists dof d road so we knw dt if truely dey have done it or atleast done half of it.scopers.nw dt its rainy dts wen dey r awardin road contruction habaa

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:29am On Jun 25, 2013
ritux: Political propangander. How many km are the roads? Will they be completed before the end of his tenure?

The least you could do is get the spelling of propaganda right.

And where was it stated that the road contracts were just awarded. He said every year, they award contracts. This year, it's 70. last year was 160. It said nowhere in the article that he just awarded this year's contracts.

How do some of you guys process written Englissh sef?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by demelza: 10:31am On Jun 25, 2013
pistol: They have come again.
Do you think its easy to be the economic, financial, commercial, media and entertainment capital of Nigeria nay West Africa? Abeg give it up for Lasgidi jare
#dont hate

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by deshclones(m): 10:31am On Jun 25, 2013
he should list the roads jare...all motion and no movement...

i was arrested by the damn lastma guys and for the first time in my life..i went to the glorified driving training institute in adeniji lagos island under bridge...lawd have mercy...that part of lagos state is a total monumental failure in all ramification...that place is beyond squalor and dirt...saw pigs for the 2nd time in my life...why is it hard for fashola or the lga chairman to do something in lagos island??that part of lagos is dirty,unkempt,annoying,literally debasing and outright filthy...very tiny roads filled with tricycle,so many illegal bakeries,so many kids of school age loitering around,people bathing outside in broad daylight,people defecating outside..we all know people from that region are dirty but com'on..fashola should give them a new lease of life jare..for the sake of the lil kids there..

i intend going back this weekend armed with my camera to take pictures and post here...lagos state is indeed working..but for the rich alone...tufia
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by brownlolly(m): 10:36am On Jun 25, 2013
Arab Contractors is working on college road Ifako Ijaiye LGA...they are working right now as i type.

A Sports complex is also being constructed near the Ifako Ijaiye general hospital.

I see these works everyday. Fashola is working. The south west is improving.
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by brownlolly(m): 10:39am On Jun 25, 2013
The drainages at Orimolade has been completed and Coker road is still in progress. The one from college road to Aguda(excellence hotel) is ongoing. I know 2 other streets around that axis that are being rehabilitated. I'm not a politician. I'm just a random citizen, but i see development and it is exciting.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Izz9111: 10:44am On Jun 25, 2013
Mr Governor, please make the names of the roads know to Lagosians, we are tied of Newspaper constructions and rehabilitation of roads. I live at Ejigbo Lagos, so people living at my area will agree with me that we don't believe Fash government.
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 25, 2013
Good but i would have loved to see a list of the road so we can confirm
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 25, 2013
I don't think Lagos has problems with roads. undecided
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by grafikii: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2013
Izz9111: Mr Governor, please make the names of the roads know to Lagosians, we are tied of Newspaper constructions and rehabilitation of roads. I live at Ejigbo Lagos, so people living at my area will agree with me that we don't believe Fash government.
dude how about the road that links ejigbo to ajoa estate, how about the on at rainbow avenue, how about nnpc to daleko, look closer bro. The government is working in ejigbo
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by PDPvsAPC: 10:53am On Jun 25, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

And where was it stated that the road contracts were just awarded.? He said every year, they award contracts. This year, it's 70. last Last year was 160. It He said nowhere in the article that he just awarded this year's contracts.

How do some of you guys process written Englissh English sef?

Prof. English teacher! I greet you. Try and also learn how to process punctuation mark in your written English too.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by ritux: 11:04am On Jun 25, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

And where was it stated that the road contracts were just awarded. He said every year, they award contracts. This year, it's 70. last year was 160. It said nowhere in the article that he just awarded this year's contracts.

How do some of you guys process written Englissh sef?

Thanks for the correction. Noted Propaganda.

But he should have named the roads for construction and rehabilitation. That way, Lagosians will be informed.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by deshclones(m): 11:08am On Jun 25, 2013
ritux:

Thanks for the correction. Noted Propaganda.

But he should have named the roads for construction and rehabilitation. That way, Lagosians will be informed.

Enough respect bro...respect that's all i have for you..you handled that dingbat maturely..am impressed..keep it up man...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by 2rutalk1: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2013
Where are the roads? Tomorrow he will come out and tell you guys he will make every Lagosian immortal and everybody will start shouting Eko ni baje oo. Kai, I have seen the most gullible people on earth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Drops The Mother Of All BOMBS / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill South Africans Over Xenophobic Attacks / NN24, Nigeria's News Channel Folds Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.