Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Android Tablet Discussion Thread - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Tablet Discussion Thread (2736 Views)

Cube 9x Tablet Discussion Thread / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2013
I have been getting some series of questions about tablets in the past and am sure so many people here also have one or more questions to ask, so kindly post your questions here, am here to answer all.

No adverts please!!!
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
Questions please, feel free to ask questions.
Am sure someone have a question pending about his or her tablet.

Either technical or software issue, please post it here.

Let us all contribute and spice up the thread
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by WCUB3(m): 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
I would like to get a bematel 7.0 tab. Do u have any idea about its qualities durability and functions
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by best4best(m): 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
Hi Ogunba, my android tablet can't load pass the start up screen when it's powered. It freezes!! I tried holding down the volume key and the power button but still can get pass that stage... Kindly advice on what to do.

Thanks.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 12:21am On Jun 26, 2013
@w-cub I haven't used a bematel tablet before so I can't tell you not to go for it, but my candid advise is for you to check the configuration to see if it suits your needs.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 12:36am On Jun 26, 2013
@best, that is a popular issue among tablets, I once had a similar experience with one of my tablets, it only fell off truck during delivery and just to start it up to test it, I discovered that fault.

I switched it off and allow somtime before restarting it. And it came up normally.

Another thing, it could be the OS. Which can be restored to factory settings.

I hope this little piece of information is helpful for you.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by best4best(m): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
ogunba: @best, that is a popular issue among tablets, I once had a similar experience with one of my tablets, it only fell off truck during delivery and just to start it up to test it, I discovered that fault.

I switched it off and allow somtime before restarting it. And it came up normally.

Another thing, it could be the OS. Which can be restored to factory settings.

I hope this little piece of information is helpful for you.

How do I restore it to the factory setting? I tried booting it using the safe mode but still can get pass the welcome screen.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 1:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
@best, I advise you let a professional do that for you if you don't want to lose the tablet totaly.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by best4best(m): 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
ogunba: @best, I advise you let a professional do that for you if you don't want to lose the tablet totaly.

Thanks a lot I will do just that.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
@Best, you're welcome.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 10:29am On Jun 27, 2013
Hello nairalanders, kindly rub minds about your tablets here and let's discuss if you have any issues with its usage.

Feel free to post your comments, questions, observations about any type of tablet you're using irrespective of the manufacturer or the seller.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
Questions please....
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by 1one: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2013
Hi...Thank you for your "openess".I just recently got a Sanei N79 7" tab..truth is the tab is awesome by all standards,the only glitch is when I download adventure games like Eternity warriors,Soul Craft and Frontline commando D-Day...after launching and playing for some minutes,they all go back to the home screen...

I load the games again and they all end up doing the same thing...I'm guessing the likely reason is the size of each game(100MB +)...

So the question is,is there anything I can do to prevent the games from stopping and going back to the homescreen or is there any site apart from google play store that gives really nice adventure/action games below 100mb that I can download and play...I'm really in need of those adventure/action games.

Thank you.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by nybol(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
1one: Hi...Thank you for your "openess".I just recently got a Sanei N79 7" tab..truth is the tab is awesome by all standards,the only glitch is when I download adventure games like Eternity warriors,Soul Craft and Frontline commando D-Day...after launching and playing for some minutes,they all go back to the home screen...

I load the games again and they all end up doing the same thing...I'm guessing the likely reason is the size of each game(100MB +)...

So the question is,is there anything I can do to prevent the games from stopping and going back to the homescreen or is there any site apart from google play store that gives really nice adventure/action games below 100mb that I can download and play...I'm really in need of those adventure/action games.

Thank you.
i,ve bn thinking of getting sanei n79 too. pls which site did u get it from, hw much did it cost and how long was d shipping ?
the the tab itself, how is the screen and the battery life ?
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by mayorall(m): 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2013
House. What do you see on freelander p10 tablet. Can I download 2go and whatsapp on it. Can I use BBM when its available on android OS. Can I use BIS subscription on it?.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
1one: Hi...Thank you for your "openess".I just recently got a Sanei N79 7" tab..truth is the tab is awesome by all standards,the only glitch is when I download adventure games like Eternity warriors,Soul Craft and Frontline commando D-Day...after launching and playing for some minutes,they all go back to the home screen...

Thank you.

If I may ask, what is the size of your tablet RAM?
If the RAM is below 1GB, then such an application is overload and won't work properly.

So try to reduce the loads on your tablet.

As for applications, you can try using search engines. If I come in contact with any, I will post the link here.

Cheers!
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
nybol:
i,ve bn thinking of getting sanei n79 too. pls which site did u get it from, hw much did it cost and how long was d shipping ?

Here are a few suppliers in the link below but be careful and shine your eyes when buying. I take no responsibilties for anything that happens.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale/wholesale-sanei-n79.html?tracelog=wssearch2mobilesearch
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2013
mayorall: House. What do you see on freelander p10 tablet. Can I download 2go and whatsapp on it. Can I use BBM when its available on android OS. Can I use BIS subscription on it?.

Every tablet that can browse with sim card should be able to take 2go and whatsapp.
That means the tablet should be 2G or 3G enabled atleast.

As for BIS, you can subscribe and use it either by directly inserting your sim card in your tablet or by using a modem. But you may need to do a little configuration depending on the network service provider.

As for me, I use the new airtel BIS unlimited for my tablets. So I only insert the sim directly in all my tablets and start browsing without any need for configuration and its unlimited megabyte for downloading.

I also use modem if I feel like.

Hope you find these helpful.

Cheers!
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by 1one: 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
nybol:

No need going through the shipping hassle when you can get it right here in Nigeria...in lagos.I got mine from the guy in the link.
www.nairaland.com/1232194/new-sanei-7-inch-n79/5#16317737

Believe you me...He's the real deal,open the link and chat with him.Their office is at lagos but they can deliver to anywhere in Nigeria.I got mine delivered to me in ilorin.

The screen is smooth,sensitive and very responsive.As with every device,battery life is basically a function of use but on the average the battery is very fair especially in times when I'm using wifi to download multiple files.

If you need to call him.Here's his number-07065726182.

Cheers.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by 1one: 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
ogunba:

If I may ask, what is the size of your tablet RAM?
If the RAM is below 1GB, then such an application is overload and won't work properly.

So try to reduce the loads on your tablet.

As for applications, you can try using search engines. If I come in contact with any, I will post the link here.

Cheers!

Thanks
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
1one:

Thanks

You're welcome.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by mayorall(m): 6:42am On Jul 01, 2013
Please can someone give the best among this brand names of tablets, advantages and disadvantages, durability. Wanna import one.

Sanei

Freelander

Allwinner

Thanks.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2013
mayorall: Please can someone give the best among this brand names of tablets, advantages and disadvantages, durability. Wanna import one.

Sanei

Freelander

Allwinner

Thanks.

Try searching on tablet review sites.

Here is a link for review of some tablets which I believe you can use to search more about what you want.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/15-best-android-tablets-in-the-world-905504

Cheers!
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by daroz(m): 2:20am On Jul 03, 2013
Pls house, I need some info on page tablets, advertised here on nairaland. I am thinking of buying one(38k). But I will like to know if anyone has any experience with d tablet yet.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 11:58am On Jul 06, 2013
daroz: Pls house, I need some info on page tablets, advertised here on nairaland. I am thinking of buying one(38k). But I will like to know if anyone has any experience with d tablet yet.

Try reviewing the product yourself to see if it meet up to your desired specifications. I personally haven't used that type of tablet before so I can't conclude.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by modulus28(m): 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hi,
i just got an android tablet last 3weeks and it has stopped working.
I cant even switch it on again.

Pls help me wat could b d problem. N pls proffer a solution.
Thanks a bunch
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by ogunba(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
modulus28: Hi,
i just got an android tablet last 3weeks and it has stopped working.
I cant even switch it on again.

Pls help me wat could b d problem. N pls proffer a solution.
Thanks a bunch

Wow. Just less than one month?
Did it drop or how manage?

Why don't you contact your supplier, your warranty should still cover you.

I really can't figure out what wrong with the tablet because you're not giving me enough information about what happened to it.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by mayorall(m): 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
Just got a tab. Dual sim. How do I configure it for browsing.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by caukerzee(m): 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
ogunba:

Every tablet that can browse with sim card should be able to take 2go and whatsapp.
That means the tablet should be 2G or 3G enabled atleast.

As for BIS, you can subscribe and use it either by directly inserting your sim card in your tablet or by using a modem. But you may need to do a little configuration depending on the network service provider.

As for me, I use the new airtel BIS unlimited for my tablets. So I only insert the sim directly in all my tablets and start browsing without any need for configuration and its unlimited megabyte for downloading.

I also use modem if I feel like.

Hope you find these helpful.

Cheers!
how does the airtel ish work please.
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by caukerzee(m): 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
I know much about phones, but very little about tablets. i'm planning on getting an android tablet very soon and i wanna root it right away. the problem is i'm very afraid about it because someone told me rooting an android tablet is illegal. please how true is this?
Re: Android Tablet Discussion Thread by mayorall(m): 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
caukerzee: I know much about phones, but very little about tablets. i'm planning on getting an android tablet very soon and i wanna root it right away. the problem is i'm very afraid about it because someone told me rooting an android tablet is illegal. please how true is this?

Get across to me when you need one. Just got mine from DHL office today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innjoo I1s And Infinix Zero - Android Phones Currently Making Waves In Nigeria / How To Download Whatsapp For PC Free / Post Your Iphone Home Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.