Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

The Effects Of Cheating Ourselves Of Sleep - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Effects Of Cheating Ourselves Of Sleep (23047 Views)

Effects Of SALT Water On Skin And General Health / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Lack Of Sleep Reduces Man’s Sperm Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Effects Of Cheating Ourselves Of Sleep by hovic(m): 6:06am On Jul 03, 2013
Just passing by, but some fools here made me to comment....
2010 I was very ill, twas that bad I left work to see a doctor (Narrow Way Hospital benin). The Doc said so Many words, he told me of his days in school, he said if he read all tru the Night he won't attend morning lectures he'll have to beg his frds to help take note for him. And sleep till Noon... Why? Because his a Doc, he knows the harm of inadequate sleep. After the word with him, I tot as usual he's going to administer medicine to me, but he said boi go HOME right now and sleep come 2mao and tell me Whats_up.. I was shocked though, but here I'm normal again without drugs... Make una dey try sleep, will go die leave this morning some Day!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Effects Of Cheating Ourselves Of Sleep by Pain(m): 7:38am On Jul 03, 2013
It appears the old fable about "Sleeping Beauty" indeed holds some timeless secrets!
Re: The Effects Of Cheating Ourselves Of Sleep by LookGud: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2013
duwdu: Dear Nairalanders;

I read, appreciated the following aspect of existence and will live by it, and thought to share.

Enjoy.

Source:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/17/cheating-ourselves-of-sleep/?_r=0

What happens to a nursing mother who does not get enough sleep because of her baby? and someone read for exams against the following morning?
Re: The Effects Of Cheating Ourselves Of Sleep by hectorsector: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2013
The problem with advice is you never know if its a good or bad one until you do what it says. But we can learn from others. Highly successful people sleep less including the researcher that published this work. Anyway, mark Twain said all generalizations are false including this one. If you heed to this advise, by the time you're 60, you'd have slept for 20yrs (at night aloneooh). How about the times for unproductive chats, walkabouts, movies, bathing, eating, playing etc?You see why people are poor now? Many are existing not living and sleep is o such factors that cause this.

1 Like

Re: The Effects Of Cheating Ourselves Of Sleep by dljbd1(m): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2013
supaeagles: How I go sleep well when my pikins bother me?? undecided
Drug them! It works like magic grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals / HIV Cure To Be Ready In Months? / Therapy Room .. Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.