Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US (7199 Views)

Navy To Establish Own Maritime University, Operational Base In Lake Chad / Nigerian Navy To Export War Ships To African Countries / Nigerian Navy To Build Another Warship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Handsomeemmy(m): 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
The Nigerian Navy is about to add to its fleetan hydrographic vessel, the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Dele Ezeoba, said at the weekend.
The ship which he said will be acquired fromthe United States of America, would help to upgrade the standard of the Navy Hydrographic School (NNHS) to an IHO certified center of excellence for hydrographic studies.

The Chief of Naval Staff, who was represented by the Flag Officer Commanding(FOC), Rear Admiral Ibbas, made this disclosure at the 2013 World Hydrography Day celebration.

Considering the huge financial requirement involved in hydrographic operations and theenormity of surveying Nigeria’s vast maritime domain, it is difficult if not impossible to fund hydrography from the Nigerian Navy budgetary allocation, he said.

He said every human activity conducted in, on or under the sea depends on the depth and nature of the sea floor, the identification of any hazard that might existand understanding of the tides and the currents.
Their work is the most fundamental of all enablers required to develop and sustain theeconomy. Presently, the Nigerian Navy is in the process of developing Nigeria’s hydrographic capability in line with the IHO’S 3- Phase Hydrographic Capacity Building Strategy, he said

dailytrust.

4 Likes

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by ujoinme: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nice a forward thinking administration. kudos to GEJ and his naval command.
without maritime capabilities a coastal country like nigeria will find it very difficult to progress.

1 Like

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2013
Development is finally startin 2 kick in
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by koolet: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2013
Dys man ezeoba na madt man i wonder y he selected jst 39 candidate dys year instead ov 120/state i dnt giva f*ck abt it jor dayyum
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by aminho(m): 10:09am On Jun 26, 2013
Who is our ally in nigeria today from us tomrrow it will be from china then russia we are just like ashawo's always following highest bidder
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by P3trCruzZ(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2013
I so Luv d Navy..would b one soon.

Second to comment sha.ThankGod
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Afroconnect: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2013
Good development,please Goodluck Jonathan ensure all parastatals and Ministries employ the best brains for public offices-we should be proffesional and utilise merits in selection not nepotism and tribalism.This federal character we use enhances mediocrity-the best should be given the job.
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by mathskill: 10:12am On Jun 26, 2013

11 Likes

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 26, 2013
mathskill: Children should please stop commenting on this forum. This is a computer not a video game.
lol
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nautica009: 10:16am On Jun 26, 2013
9ce job GEJ
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2013
Nigerian navy is awesome
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by FILEBE(m): 10:19am On Jun 26, 2013
mathskill: Children should please stop commenting on this forum. This is a computer not a video game.

bro. he is right. he thought outside the box.who knows if USA has planted a bug there? a tracker or something ... except that Nigeria will restructure the whole thing again

1 Like

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by ichommy(m): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2013
Good for them
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 26, 2013
FILEBE:

bro. he is right. he thought outside the box.who knows if USA has planted a bug there? a tracker or something ... except that Nigeria will restructure the whole thing again
another child that has been watching too much American movies... Do you think NN is stewpid sad

4 Likes

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by iceberry1759: 10:28am On Jun 26, 2013
aminho: Y must we always buy things from the us that means we can't fight them cuz they know our defence capability
you are talking about fighting the World Power! Are you well?

2 Likes

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by FILEBE(m): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2013
sheyie2007: another child that has been watching too much American movies... Do you think NN is stewpid sad

u know am right u just want to be funny. haven't you heard of TROJAN HORSE? I could call something like this one except that this one will be bought. Nigeria is not stupid but our defence should not be something to toy with or careless about. Remember when US submarine surfaced in Nigeria? we didn't know it was there
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Ozonna(m): 10:33am On Jun 26, 2013
Why would we want to fight US . If we don't buy from them and go to the Chinese, people will say NN bought inferior Boat. But we now bought from the US, some guys are saying that we shouldn't buy from themundecided

2 Likes

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by koolet: 10:39am On Jun 26, 2013
FILEBE:

bros the U.s hav 999ways 2 track a loose country lyk Nigeria btw `na our papa dem be` u hear.. Xo We`ve gat no choice nd it nt canoe we`re talkin about here, itz amodernized vessel.. btw we cnt even build a ship,.. So its an achievement 2 Nigeria havin acess 2 such an offer.
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 26, 2013
koolet: bros the U.s hav 999ways 2 track a loose country lyk Nigeria btw `na our papa dem be` u hear.. Xo We`ve gat no choice nd it nt canoe we`re talkin about here, itz amodernized vessel.. btw we cnt even build a ship ,.. So its an achievement 2 Nigeria havin acess 2 such an offer.
brother, na coconut de your head, why are you this daft... Google the keyword 'nns andoni' and see where it was built... I'll leave this country for you this daft people angry

1 Like

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by IAMBREEZY: 10:49am On Jun 26, 2013
Good Good
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2013
FILEBE:

u know am right u just want to be funny. haven't you heard of TROJAN HORSE? I could call something like this one except that this one will be bought. Nigeria is not stupid but our defence should not be something to toy with or careless about. Remember when US submarine surfaced in Nigeria? we didn't know it was there
lawd see 'daftness''

1 Like

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by stanhezo: 10:53am On Jun 26, 2013
weirdkay: lol
lol...
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by gbadexy(m): 11:01am On Jun 26, 2013
I swear, I often wish this forum is an open platform where identity of responders could be ascertained.
I'm sure quite a significant number would be under age, not as if age matters mostly though because some elderly people just have low I.Q irrespective of how old they grow.
One kid said something about U.S fighting nigeria! You wan extinct? They would obliterate nigeria with their satellite guided missiles without stepping out of their country.
Another one said he is thinking outside the box and mentioning bugging ship as if we have any secret from our e-mail to phone calls that make use of satellite linking to satellite imagery that would capture movement inside aso rock and all military formation at will.
I commend the nigeria navy and hope the ship would be used for the purpose it was bought for.
I think it makes use of sonar echo location.
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by stanhezo: 11:02am On Jun 26, 2013
Nice to hear. thats good news
now since we cant build. untill our technology gets to building standard, we hv to buy. good enof from USA
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Psylas(m): 11:11am On Jun 26, 2013
aminho: Y must we always buy things from the us that means we can't fight them cuz they know our defence capability
can U̶̲̥̅̊ build it ♈ōϋяself abi U̶̲̥̅̊ get proble wit US

1 Like

Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Capnd143(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2013
nice development
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Capnd143(m): 11:14am On Jun 26, 2013
Meanwhile . . . .
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by FILEBE(m): 11:15am On Jun 26, 2013
sheyie2007: lawd see 'daftness''

lol! u don yap me finish o. anyway sha i rest my case.in fact, i give up. Hoping that NN will make good use of it and maintain it sha. we lack maintenance culture.
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2013
why in the hell would you want to fight the U.S?
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Feraz(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2013
sheyie2007: brother, na coconut de your head, why are you this daft... Google the keyword 'nns andoni' and see where it was built... I'll leave this country for you this daft people angry
Thank you
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2013
sheyie2007: Nigerian navy is awesome
indeed
Re: Navy To Acquire Hydrographic Vessel From US by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 26, 2013
cephaskeys: indeed
what do you know undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian-born Gambian Judge Is Being Persecuted – Family / Umahi, Boss Mustapha, Ahmed Buhari, Others Attend 1st Aso Annual Lecture & Award / PDP NEC: Dr. Iyorchia Ayu Withdraw Court Case Against His Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.