Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,890 members, 7,798,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? (1092 Views)

National Assembly Site NOT Implemented With A CMS? / How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search / Hyperlink Not Visible In My Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by Okponee: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
Hello friends:
I would love you to help me on what to do to get my website (front end) visible again. The said site www.migrate2web, was visible for many months till I received a notification from 'Domain Services', asking me to register my domain name search engine listing so that my customers can locate me on the web. The cost of the registration was quoted as $75 per year. So, I couldn't do it, and later on, till now my site has not been visible. What does this issue of domain name listing mean and how can I get the site back to visibility?
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by barapistis(m): 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
and your host is....
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2013
Op, please explain further.
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:36am On Jun 26, 2013
Whoever that told u that wants to defraud u. If it's ur hosting company, they want to take advantage of ur inexperience to exploit u. Their major work is to host ur site for u. Paying them for SEO is optional. To get ur website to be seen by search engine at least when someone types in ur domain name, u have to make sure u did some basic onpage optimization. Then, have original and relevant contents related to ur keywords. Go and submit ur website at google webmaster central. Get the xml sitemap of ur site and upload to ur root folder. Go to dofollow blogs and comment quality comments with the links of ur site. With time, u will start appearing on search engines.
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by Okponee: 5:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
@ Graphicsplus and others:
Below is the message I got from the Domain Services:Now I don't know whether it's because I did not respond to their request that made the site not to be visible online, even when I can still access the cpanel. Or can it be due to what a fellow suggested that it might be caused by .htaccess file?

Attention: Important Notice

DOMAIN SERVICE NOTICE

Complete and return by fax to:
1-212-913-9860

ATT: -
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT
-
OKPONEE.FWD@GMAIL.COM
- - - UYO - NULL - 42024
-
WWW.MIGRATE2WEB.COM
Please ensure that your contact information is correct or make the necessary changes above

Domain Name: MIGRATE2WEB.COM
Search Engine Submission

Requested Reply
JANUARY 21,2013

PART I: REVIEW SOLICITATION

Attn: -
As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration. This letter is to inform you that it's time to send in your registration and save.

Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.

Privatization allows the consumer a choice when registering. Search engine subscription includes domain name search engine submission. You are under no obligation to pay the amounts stated below unless you accept this offer. Do not discard, this notice is not an invoice it is a courtesy reminder to register your domain name search engine listing so your customers can locate you on the web.

This Notice for: WWW.MIGRATE2WEB.COM will expire on January 21,2013 Act today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DETAIL OF SERVICE: ANNUAL WEBSITE SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSION FOR DOMAIN NAME WWW.MIGRATE2WEB.COM

Detail of Service:
SEARCH SUBMISSIONS

Reply by Date:
01/21/2013

For Domain Name:
MIGRATE2WEB.COM
Select Term Your Existing Domain Period Covered Price
MIGRATE2WEB.COM
[ ] 1 year 01/21/2013 - 01/21/2014 $75.00
[ ] 2 year 01/21/2013 - 01/21/2015 $119.00
[ ] 5 year 01/21/2013 - 01/21/2018 $199.00
[ ] 10 year -Most Recommended- 01/21/2013 - 01/21/2023 $295.00
[ ] Lifetime (NEW!) Limited time offer - Best value! Lifetime $499.00
Full Name: - Email: OKPONEE.FWD@GMAIL.COM

Email 2: ____________________

Phone: _____________________
Want to receive this notification for other domains you own? simply list them below:

_____________________ _____________________

_____________________ _____________________
Today's Date: _____________________ Signature: _____________________

Payment by Credit Card
Select the term and complete the form above, then return by fax: 1-212-913-9860 (do not include your credit card details on this form, just fill the information above and fax it to us, once we receive your fax we will send you instructions on how to make a payment by credit card, also make sure you provide us with your contact phone number above)

Payment by Check
Print and mail a copy of this order form and send it along with a check or money order to the address listed below:

Domain Services
743 Gantt Ave. Suite G446
Sarasota, FL 34232
United States

MIGRATE2WEB.COM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By accepting this offer, you agree not to hold DS liable for any part. Note that THIS IS NOT A BILL. This is a solicitation. You are under no obligation to pay the amounts stated unless you accept this offer. The information in this letter contains confidential and/or legally privileged information from the notification processing department of the DS. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. There is no pre-existing relationship between DS and the domain mentioned above. This notice is not in any part associated with a continuation of services for domain registration. Search engine submission is an optional service that you can use as a part of your website optimization and alone may not increase the traffic to your site. If you do not wish to receive further updates from DS Go to http://jiffytext.com/url/ to unsubscribe. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents for this letter is strictly prohibited. * 100% satisfaction guaranteed, you may request a refund within 30 days.
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by BigBlackDick: 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
Notting is wrong with your site, you just got some settings wrong, simply check you httacess and reconfigure and if you dont have 1.. then create it
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by Okponee: 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
BigBlackDick: Notting is wrong with your site, you just got some settings wrong, simply check you httacess and reconfigure and if you dont have 1.. then create it

@ BigBlackDick :
Tnx for your suggestion, but can you please give me a tip on how to reconfigure it? I have not done such before. Tnx.
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by Okponee: 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2013
BigBlackDick: Notting is wrong with your site, you just got some settings wrong, simply check you httacess and reconfigure and if you dont have 1.. then create it

I have renamed it and the site doesn't still show when loaded.
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by Okponee: 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hi friends, pls help me do justice to this issue:

Okponee: Hello friends:
I would love you to help me on what to do to get my website (front end) visible again. The said site www.migrate2web, was visible for many months till I received a notification from 'Domain Services', asking me to register my domain name search engine listing so that my customers can locate me on the web. The cost of the registration was quoted as $75 per year. So, I couldn't do it, and later on, till now my site has not been visible. What does this issue of domain name listing mean and how can I get the site back to visibility?
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by teemy(m): 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okponee: Hi friends, pls help me do justice to this issue:
pending when i get back on my pc give the name of your registrar and host. also what has been their response so far.
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by teemy(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
It’s easy to find the cause of the 500 error, if you use CPanel, open error logs and look for the the line with the URL you meet the error, it will explain to you itself why the error happens and you can solve it then. Since you also own hostmandate.com maybe a simple reset could do the trick at a go provided you have a backup first. Avoid tampering with your site settings also.

P.S the domain name search engine listing email is a scam attempted to delilah you. Just ignore it any time you see it again
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by Okponee: 4:08am On Sep 04, 2013
teemy: It’s easy to find the cause of the 500 error, if you use CPanel, open error logs and look for the the line with the URL you meet the error, it will explain to you itself why the error happens and you can solve it then. Since you also own hostmandate.com maybe a simple reset could do the trick at a go provided you have a backup first. Avoid tampering with your site settings also.

P.S the domain name search engine listing email is a scam attempted to delilah you. Just ignore it any time you see it again

@ teemy: Oh tnx very much for your concern. I'll try it. GBU.
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by Okponee: 6:27am On Sep 04, 2013
teemy: It’s easy to find the cause of the 500 error, if you use CPanel, open error logs and look for the the line with the URL you meet the error, it will explain to you itself why the error happens and you can solve it then. Since you also own hostmandate.com maybe a simple reset could do the trick at a go provided you have a backup first. Avoid tampering with your site settings also.

Below is what the error log shows: What does this suggest n how can I handle it?

[Wed Sep 04 04:40:17 2013] [error] [client 66.249.75.237] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/500.shtml
[Wed Sep 04 04:40:17 2013] [error] [client 66.249.75.237] SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home/xxxxxx/public_html" is writeable by group
[Wed Sep 04 04:39:12 2013] [error] [client 27.153.217.187] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://migrate2web.com/
[Wed Sep 04 04:39:12 2013] [error] [client 27.153.217.187] SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home/xxxxxx/public_html" is writeable by group, referer: http://migrate2web.com/
[Wed Sep 04 04:39:12 2013] [error] [client 27.153.217.187] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://migrate2web.com/
[Wed Sep 04 04:39:12 2013] [error] [client 27.153.217.187] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/register, referer: http://migrate2web.com/
[Wed Sep 04 04:38:10 2013] [error] [client 213.186.127.13] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/500.shtml
[Wed Sep 04 04:38:10 2013] [error] [client 213.186.127.13] SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home/xxxxxx/public_html" is writeable by group
[Wed Sep 04 04:16:54 2013] [error] [client 37.1.207.98] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://migrate2web.com/?author=1
[Wed Sep 04 04:16:54 2013] [error] [client 37.1.207.98] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-login.php, referer: http://migrate2web.com/?author=1
[Wed Sep 04 04:16:52 2013] [error] [client 37.1.207.98] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/500.shtml
[Wed Sep 04 04:16:52 2013] [error] [client 37.1.207.98] SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home/xxxxxx/public_html" is writeable by group
[Wed Sep 04 04:12:11 2013] [error] [client 66.249.75.237] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/500.shtml
[Wed Sep 04 04:12:11 2013] [error] [client 66.249.75.237] SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home/xxxxxx/public_html" is writeable by group
[Wed Sep 04 04:09:16 2013] [error] [client 66.249.75.237] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/500.shtml
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by teemy(m): 11:12am On Sep 10, 2013
access your file manager on cpanel, click on your .htaccess file in public_html folder and then click on code editor.

Input this code after the last line or edit it if it already exists

ErrorDocument 404 /404file.html

Click Save

so create your 404file.html (could also be .php or otherwise meaning let the file you want to use as your error page be the one in the code above, you could use your index.html file sef) and upload to public_html folder.

Lemme know the results
Re: Site Not Visible Again To Public ---- What Should I Do Please? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
It is evident, you tampered with your cpanel files. Did you install a script on the site before this error occured? If yes, what is the name of the script. If not extract all files from your file manager, using FTP software and delete all files & folder including .htaccess file and start again. If this fail, ask your web host to recreate your hosting account. Goodluck. I usually experience this kind of misconfiguration on clients site, but I alway find a way around with 10 minutes. (admin@kamagbadun.com)

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Help Please / WHSMS || Create Your Bulksms Website Today And Unlock Revenue || V2.4.1 / I Need Help With My Site Please!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.