Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? (2116 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / What Men Really Want In Modern Relationships / What Does He Really Mean When He Says:am Missing You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 7:16am On Jun 26, 2013
Usually I attract Africans on Facebook and they all seem so sweet. I met this Nigerian guy and omggg he is extremely attractive + sweet extremely sweet. But i notice a change in him and he started to call me fat and being an African American yess it gets to me... Also i wanted to know if they are all scammers and do they really love us African American women as they claim?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 26, 2013
Hi @mizz. No, Nigerian men are not really mean...at least no meaner than any other nationality of men on this earth, lol. Actually, I've found Nigerian men (african men) generally to be pleasant, sweet, and respectful. I personally believe that anyone can fall in love with any person regardless of country providing that the two are compatible. If two persons lack that chemistry it just won't work. Now, if the particular man you are considering currently is treating you in a way you find unacceptable then your probably not right for eachother. As far as scamming goes there again...no, not everyone is a scammer. I've met some really great people from all over the world. People are people, cheats are cheats, liars are liars geographical lines determine nothing but borders, lol. Just exercise the same caution you would with a local interest, follow your instincts and you should be fine. Don't remain in unhealthy relationships and hold tight to the quality people who will come your way. Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 7:39am On Jun 26, 2013
thx every time I get these compliments, I always think about the scams and what not because to myself I am not that beautiful lol.. I do not get compliments from African American guys at all so it shocks me that African guys seem to be interested hahaha
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 26, 2013
mizzkizzes08: Usually I attract Africans on Facebook and they all seem so sweet. I met this Nigerian guy and omggg he is extremely attractive + sweet extremely sweet. But i notice a change in him and he started to call me fat and being an African American yess it gets to me... Also i wanted to know if they are all scammers and do they really love us African American women as they claim?
No, nigerians are not always mean or scammers, it is like saying that all french are po.rn stars. Maybe u met the wrong guy. In my country nigeria, u know some guys joined social network for business and to meet people while some joined to scam or take advantages of people they met, maybe the guy u met might notice that u are not positively responding to his tricks, that might be the reason why he suddenly became mean, the answer to ur question is: u met the wrong guy. I'm Tony from Nigeria, i so love African-American and u are welcome to nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by kreamidiva(f): 7:48am On Jun 26, 2013
Mean as in mean? Well in every rule there are exceptions.its not a general fact.its relative.i've met some really mean men here in 9ja and some really really nyc ones too.then don't forget that we often times bring out the devil or angel in people.so check out your man and know whatnstuff he's made of.time will tell....
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Godson201333(m): 7:50am On Jun 26, 2013
You met the wrong guy..
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2013
tony ayo:
No, nigerians are not always mean or scammers, it is like saying that all french are po.rn stars. Maybe u met the wrong guy. In my country nigeria, u know some guys joined social network for business and to meet people while some joined to scam or take advantages of people they met, maybe the guy u met might notice that u are not positively responding to his tricks, that might be the reason why he suddenly became mean, the answer to ur question is: u met the wrong guy. I'm Tony from Nigeria, i so love African-American and u are welcome to nairaland.

hmmmm its just the thought because I seen these quotes on here that Nigerian men marry women in the US to become citizens here and whatever else... Me and the guy are not even together and yess he talks about marriage and having children (almost all of the majority of the African men that do find me on facebook ask me these questions and to me it is somewhat weird, like why not be friends first) and he even told me that if we ever have children that I'll fly back to the states and give birth to them there so they can be citizens..... but since I am from the states no matter where I give birth my children will automatically be US citizens... once again I never came up with these things he asked out of no where.. just wondering
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 8:01am On Jun 26, 2013
kreami diva: Mean as in mean? Well in every rule there are exceptions.its not a general fact.its relative.i've met some really mean men here in 9ja and some really really nyc ones too.then don't forget that we often times bring out the devil or angel in people.so check out your man and know whatnstuff he's made of.time will tell....

He is not my man lol... he claims he is which he claimed that himself but we are just friends or network friends whatever u may call it.. I have also met nice Africans, it's interesting to know about Africa which they seem to have a lot to talk about grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2013
Godson201333: You met the wrong guy..

hmmm maybe so, he told me that people there see it as nothing when one is called fat... but in the US it's seen as being rude lol is that true.? and once again he's not my guy lol
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by lovelydoll: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2013
nigerian men tend to be a little too aggressive.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2013
lovelydoll: nigerian men tend to be a little too aggressive.

Aggressive like how?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 26, 2013
@poster. Then what abrupt his rudely behaviour that makes him to start calling u 'FAT'?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by kemismartty(f): 8:15am On Jun 26, 2013
when a guy starts telling you about marriage before ever setting eyes on you, you need to watch it! its a scammers technique...they have a way of making you feel good about yourself and gradually building your trust so as to get you to either send some money down or whatever....

they are the lazy type that just want the easy way out...and there are many of them right now! please be very careful...if he needs african american lady let him travel to obodo oyinbo and get one. there are many ladies here to match his taste but since they know our ladies knows their tricks they tend to use it on you over there

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Enegod(m): 8:24am On Jun 26, 2013
mizzkizzes08: But i notice a change in him and he started to call me fat
he told you the truth..he is an honest man..not mean
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 8:27am On Jun 26, 2013
tony ayo: @poster. Then what abrupt his rudely behaviour that makes him to start calling u 'FAT'?

First he started saying oh u have nice curves and i love a thick woman... which i do have a somewhat slim waist, hips, thighs, whatever else.... it went from that to ur fat lol cry
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 8:28am On Jun 26, 2013
Enegod: he told you the truth..he is an honest man..not mean

hahah but i am not fat!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 26, 2013
@mizz how do you feel about what's going on? Have you told him your thoughts about assuming bf/gf status, etc? Communication in any r'ship is key. Ask him, tell him how you feel and gauge his reactions/responses. The truth of a person always shines thru if your keen to see it and once some1 shows you who they really are...BELIEVE IT try to avoid only seeing what you want or hope to see. smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2013
kemismartty: when a guy starts telling you about marriage before ever setting eyes on you, you need to watch it! its a scammers technique...they have a way of making you feel good about yourself and gradually building your trust so as to get you to either send some money down or whatever....

they are the lazy type that just want the easy way out...and there are many of them right now! please be very careful...if he needs african american lady let him travel to obodo oyinbo and get one. there are many ladies here to match his taste but since they know our ladies knows their tricks they tend to use it on you over there

Thanks.. we are not together just friends because i have my own insecurities about someone instantly falling in love with me.. I'm not crazy to send money to any man he works so he should have money lol.. and i don't know if he's a scammer or what i know he wants to become a soldier in 9ja n marry me and for me to live there and really i can go on and on.. which to me is weird because we're just friends never met him never even been to Africa not once
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 8:38am On Jun 26, 2013
Hunnydropps: @mizz how do you feel about what's going on? Have you told him your thoughts about assuming bf/gf status, etc? Communication in any r'ship is key. Ask him, tell him how you feel and gauge his reactions/responses. The truth of a person always shines thru if your keen to see it and once some1 shows you who they really are...BELIEVE IT try to avoid only seeing what you want or hope to see. smiley

i do tell him heyy we're just friends and his response is always no one day u will be my wife ect ect. yess he's extremely attractive but i know from experience that looks only go so far and thanks for that
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2013
mizzkizzes08:

First he started saying oh u have nice curves and i love a thick woman... which i do have a somewhat slim waist, hips, thighs, whatever else.... it went from that to ur fat lol cry
Calling u 'fat', is it not part of the compliments/flattering, how come u are seing it as being 'mean'?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2013
It is well
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by SAFO(m): 9:23am On Jun 26, 2013
I think u already know the answer to the question you're asking. No man with good intentions will profess their love sight unseen like in your circumstance. The dude your dealing with sounds shady than a mofo.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2013
tony ayo:
Calling u 'fat', is it not part of the compliments/flattering, how come u are seing it as being 'mean'?

because just because a guy is in a bad mood with someone else doesn't mean he has to tell me oh by the way ur fat if u sat on me u would break my legs literally... that is rude.. i don't see a size 16 as fat (American size) i don't know if it's the same as there
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2013
SAFO: I think u already know the answer to the question you're asking. No man with good intentions will profess their love sight unseen like in your circumstance. The dude your dealing with sounds shady than a mofo.

yea i think i got it now.. just wondering grin though I'm not from Africa so don't really know how the guys are lol
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 9:47am On Jun 26, 2013
@Tony.. is being called fat a compliment there or what. cause here its not at all
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2013
mizzkizzes08:

because just because a guy is in a bad mood with someone else doesn't mean he has to tell me oh by the way ur fat if u sat on me u would break my legs literally... that is rude.. i don't see a size 16 as fat (American size) i don't know if it's the same as there
Size 16? Use a popular figure for e.g?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2013
tony ayo:
Size 16? Use a popular figure for e.g?

I'll put a picture of myself cause on my profile it's just my face
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 26, 2013
mizzkizzes08:

I'll put a picture of myself cause on my profile it's just my face
Better
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2013
mizzkizzes08: @Tony.. is being called fat a compliment there or what. cause here its not at all
It all depends.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by mizzkizzes08(f): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2013
tony ayo:
Better

Fat Much huh,,? lol

Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by hensben(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2013
mizzkizzes08:

Fat Much huh,,? lol
in nigeria people like you are called fat girl but I think the guy love d way u are that's y he use the word on you cos nigerian guys luv bogus babe like you mostly as wife to be we really appreciate your type more than slim girls
Re: Are Nigerian Men Really Mean?? by kreamidiva(f): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mizz,i think u're good just the way u are.i think u've got swag too.pls don't let any man make u feel less than u are. U'l hopefully find someone who would love u just the way u are.u certainly are big,bold and beautiful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Must Read For Romancelanders (ladies And Gentlemen) / Guys Have U Ever Being Asked Out By Ladies U Had No Feelings For / How Females Get Over Relationships.....photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.